HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Talk III

Old
02-21-2011, 10:38 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Honestly, Stars did kind of need a more offensive d-man. They really didn't have one.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:27 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Honestly, Stars did kind of need a more offensive d-man. They really didn't have one.
And Goligoski is just better than Niskanen.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:46 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
OMG 'Melo to Knicks!!!!!!!!! So psyched to know where he was going to wind up!!!!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:10 AM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
And Goligoski is just better than Niskanen.
Goligoski is a bit under rated on these boards. I think the trade will look pretty even down the line. Nisk is just OK and will look not much better on the third pairing with Englland.

I like Neal but he is very inconsistent. He plays like Hartnell but without the edge. People act like he is going to be a 40-50 goal scorer with Crosby as if Richards was a stiff. He'll benefit from playing with a tougher team because he doesn't like to get his nose dirty but he still won't be more then a 25 -30 goal scorer.

One thing it shows is the value a PMD has in this league which is good if Homer decides to move Carle down the line.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:18 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Goligoski is a bit under rated on these boards. I think the trade will look pretty even down the line. Nisk is just OK and will look not much better on the third pairing with Englland.

I like Neal but he is very inconsistent. He plays like Hartnell but without the edge. People act like he is going to be a 40-50 goal scorer with Crosby as if Richards was a stiff. He'll benefit from playing with a tougher team because he doesn't like to get his nose dirty but he still won't be more then a 25 -30 goal scorer.

One thing it shows is the value a PMD has in this league which is good if Homer decides to move Carle down the line.
Neal will be an excellent pickup for Pittsburgh. It's just that Niskanen isn't worth much of anything at this point, and Goligoski is actually quite good. Pimped by some Pens homers a bit much, but he's very talented and, if the Hemsky to Dallas rumors have any validity, I think I'd rather have Hemsky and Gogo than Neal and Niskanen. All depends on what they'd give up in that deal.

Old
02-22-2011, 12:31 AM
lancer247

Quote:
Neal will be an excellent pickup for Pittsburgh. It's just that Niskanen isn't worth much of anything at this point, and Goligoski is actually quite good. Pimped by some Pens homers a bit much, but he's very talented and, if the Hemsky to Dallas rumors have any validity, I think I'd rather have Hemsky and Gogo than Neal and Niskanen. All depends on what they'd give up in that deal.
i didn't hear about that. I admit I was surprised that they moved neal but the team definitely needed a shake up.

I think I would rather see Neal with the Pens then Hemsky although it makes the Pens that much more bigger especially when Malkin comes back next season.

Old
02-23-2011, 03:38 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

i don't think I can post direct quotes from espn insider but Tim Seppa, who's the editor for hockey prospectus, did a write up for fixes for the teams in the atlantic division before the deadline. for the flyers he said they should trade versteeg and bob for vokoun.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 03:47 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
OMG 'Melo to Knicks!!!!!!!!! So psyched to know where he was going to wind up!!!!
They still play basketball?

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
lancer247

what's rivet's cap hit? 7/8 dman?

Old
02-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

3.5 mil.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:15 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
3.5 mil.
nevermind.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I'd take a look at Karlis Skrastins.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:29 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

^agreed. We would be a perfect depth guy. He's a great shot blocker

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:35 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I'd take a look at Karlis Skrastins.
I can agree with that.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Snipsnap12

Now that Z is waived do the flyers still plan on trading carcillo, if so I wouldnt mind seeing Eric wellwood in the lineup, I think he might fit well with Richards and Versteeg, although he probably isnt ready for the intensity of the games as we get closer to money time

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:47 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 View Post
Now that Z is waived do the flyers still plan on trading carcillo, if so I wouldnt mind seeing Eric wellwood in the lineup, I think he might fit well with Richards and Versteeg, although he probably isnt ready for the intensity of the games as we get closer to money time
I don't think we can afford to get rid of all our depth, even if it is Carcillo.

JVR21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

The Phantoms have been close to the veteran max, it's possible that one of those guys are recalled to "replace" Bartulis' salary if he were to go on LTIR.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:27 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 View Post
Who told you they were ever planning on getting rid of Carcillo?

Any chance we get one of Matt Carkner, Mike Weaver, Ladislav Smid, or Mark Fistric?

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Flyers are interested in Adam Foote

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/f...dam_Foote.html

Quote:
According to two sources – one an agent that represents multiple big-name players, and the other is a league executive – Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren has made inquiries with Avalanche general manager Greg Sherman about captain Adam Foote.

Foote, 39, has had injury questions himself this season – and over the last few seasons – but has the leadership, experience and skill to be a decent fit with the Flyers.

Foote has not played in the last 3 weeks with a quadriceps injury, according to the Denver Post, but returned to practice Thursday for the first time.

The interesting thing is that Foote, set to be an unrestricted free agent on July 1, would likely come at the right price from the Avalanche, who are all but out of the playoff picture in the Western Conference.

If Alexei Kovalev’s deal to Pittsburgh on Thursday for a conditional 7th round pick told us anything, Foote may also require a conditional late-round pick.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:03 PM
infidelappel*

The Foote rumors don't make sense.

As much as I like Adam Foote and think he'd fit in to our lineup (were there an opening), the problem is that he and O'Donnell are fighting for the same spot. They won't dress over Mesz, Carle, or Coburn, and neither of them would be happy sitting.

I don't think it'll happen.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:15 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post

As much as I like Adam Foote and think he'd fit in to our lineup (were there an opening), the problem is that he and O'Donnell are fighting for the same spot. They won't dress over Mesz, Carle, or Coburn, and neither of them would be happy sitting.

Foote might be happy just to get a chance to skate around with a Cup. And he can spell OD down the stretch. I dunno. Foote doesn't excite me, but we could use one more body. Holmgren would really be putting a 2000-01 All-Star blueline together with Pronger, Timonen, O'Donnell, and Foote. We're just one Ville Nieminen away from winning it all!

Old
02-24-2011, 03:18 PM
lancer247

Quote:

I don't think it will happen and don't know if I would want an injured player coming in but if he does come here I am sure he will understand he's a #7. If healthy he would be a nice #7 especially if OD isn't 100% going into the playoffs.

Hopefully they keep a few sheckles left for a depth winger.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:21 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Foote might be happy just to get a chance to skate around with a Cup. And he can spell OD down the stretch. I dunno. Foote doesn't excite me, but we could use one more body. Holmgren would really be putting a 2000-01 All-Star blueline together with Pronger, Timonen, O'Donnell, and Foote. We're just one Ville Nieminen away from winning it all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
I don't think it will happen and don't know if I would want an injured player coming in but if he does come here I am sure he will understand he's a #7. If healthy he would be a nice #7 especially if OD isn't 100% going into the playoffs.

Hopefully they keep a few sheckles left for a depth winger.
I really don't think Adam Foote - a proud veteran and the captain of the Avs - would take a trade here to ride pine, not really play, and then "win" a Cup.

O'D got hurt and only missed one game; he also made it clear when he signed he wanted to be playing as much as possible. I'd be surprised if he is given many games off down the stretch (barring injury)...especially since he's been good.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:32 PM
mercury

Quote:
I really don't think Adam Foote - a proud veteran and the captain of the Avs - would take a trade here to ride pine, not really play, and then "win" a Cup.
I said he'd spell OD. They're both old men by NHL standards. We always lose 1-2 defensemen in the playoffs, anyway (this year, it's one with 20 games left to go). Couldn't hurt to have another vet who almost assuredly get games in. Craig Rivet is a proud veteran and captain, too. Look at his ignominious end in Buffalo.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:43 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'd be cool with Foote as long as nothing is really given up. I'd prefer a guy who hasn't been battling injuries the entire year, but if he is healthy and not costing the team a lot, it sure wouldn't hurt to have him.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote