HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Badger36

vCash: 500
Getting traded to the Leafs is pretty much the death sentence on Gardiner's pro career.
Im not convinced that Gardiner can make it in the NHL on his own merit and its not as if Kessel is going to take him under his wing and make him better.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Badger36

Good series between the Badgers and the rodents this weekend. Both nights the Kohl was rockin' (attendance was close to a sell-out both nights).
The rodents won 5-2 on Friday (wasnt at the game so I cant tell you what happened), but I was at the game Saturday.
The Badgers played a good, hard game and Bennett played really well. There were some calls that were a bit questionable (refs calling penalties on hits were hard, but perfectly legal) and the Badgers made some key turnovers that resulted in rodent goals. At other times though the Badgers played some amazing defense (at one point they killed off a 1:30 of 5 on 3) and they killed 3 or 4 rodent powerplays.
The offense was decent. They scored some amazing goals and made some great passes, but I also felt that for a considerable part of the game the offense stalled and looked sluggish.
All in all though, Im OK with a 3-3 tie. If Bennett hadnt been playing so well (while cramping up for over half the game) the Badgers likely would have lost 6-3.

Old
02-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Correct me if I am wrong but I was going thru the badgers schedule I see only 2 teams that they have beaten who have winning records,Duluth and Minny. Am I missing something?

Old
02-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Badger36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I was going thru the badgers schedule I see only 2 teams that they have beaten who have winning records,Duluth and Minny. Am I missing something?
and your point would be?

Old
02-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchiefwantdacup View Post
and your point would be?
The point is pretty obvious don't ya think?

Old
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Badger36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
The point is pretty obvious don't ya think?
The point that youre trying to be a jerk for no reason? Yeah, that ones pretty obvious.

Old
02-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
The point that youre trying to be a jerk for no reason? Yeah, that ones pretty obvious.
So I am being a jerk for making an observation eh? Somebody needs to grow some skin. Somebody told me that stat and I didn't believe them so I looked it up. Thought maybe I was missing something. Figured I would get that response but I knew it wouldn't be from Rabid. He tells it like it is.

Old
02-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Badger36

What that the Badgers arent all that good this year? Thats not exactly a revelation.

Last edited by Badger36: 02-22-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old
02-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
What that the Badgers arent all that good this year? Thats not exactly a revelation.
I just found it odd that with 19 wins that they have only 2 against winning teams. That is all. Thank you.

Old
02-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Badger36

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...022311aaa.html
Quote:
Freshman forward Madison Packer (Birmingham, Mich.) was named the Western Collegiate Hockey Association Rookie of the Week for Feb. 23 after earning her first career hat trick as the Badgers topped Minnesota State, 9-1, last Saturday.

On the weekend, Packer finished the series with 12 shots and had a +2 rating. She now has seven multi-point games on the year, including three of the last four. Packerís hat trick came one week after she recorded a career series-high four assists.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Badger36

Well, after getting swept by St Clown last weekend, the Badgers are pretty much in a must-win situation this weekend against Colorado College.
As it stands right now, they pretty much need at least 1 win in order to make the playoffs. A win-win or a win-tie should get them in, anything less than that and they are going to need some help from their rivals.
Im considering going to the game on Saturday. Im thinking I might make it a day of hockey with the Wisconsin hockey expo going on in Madison this weekend.
Public skate Saturday afternoon, then the hockey expo then the Badger game. My girlfriend will be out of town this weekend, so it sets me up for a nice weekend of giving in to my hockey obsession.

Old
03-02-2011, 05:24 AM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Well, after getting swept by St Clown last weekend, the Badgers are pretty much in a must-win situation this weekend against Colorado College.
As it stands right now, they pretty much need at least 1 win in order to make the playoffs. A win-win or a win-tie should get them in, anything less than that and they are going to need some help from their rivals.
Im considering going to the game on Saturday. Im thinking I might make it a day of hockey with the Wisconsin hockey expo going on in Madison this weekend.
Public skate Saturday afternoon, then the hockey expo then the Badger game. My girlfriend will be out of town this weekend, so it sets me up for a nice weekend of giving in to my hockey obsession.
Back from Ohio and watching lousy CCHA hockey (Buckeyes and Ferris State). Michigan and Miami must be bored playing in that conference, I tell ya.

Yeah, lookin' bad for a playoff spot right now. A sweep against CC and a trip to the Broadmoor finals, not tp mention some slips from teams above them is a must. Being a one-line team has caught up with them. Regardless, I wasn't expecting them to roll over for St. Cloud like that. You can't spell "sucks" without S C S U

It's been a bad skid in February so hopefully they can get some momentum going at the 11th hour.

Old
03-04-2011, 07:57 AM
RabidBadger

3 outta 4 points is a must for home ice. The seniors need to play with a pair and leave nothing on the ice. The underclassmen need to come through for their teamates in their last year...some serious Badger Hockey needs to be played this weekend! Don't go out without a tooth and nail fight, Bucky!

Old
03-06-2011, 02:04 PM
stoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
3 outta 4 points is a must for home ice. The seniors need to play with a pair and leave nothing on the ice. The underclassmen need to come through for their teamates in their last year...some serious Badger Hockey needs to be played this weekend! Don't go out without a tooth and nail fight, Bucky!
Friday was a decent game until the last few minutes, what a let down, we had that game

Saturday was much better, got the win, full game played with no let down, even got to watch it on tv too

Old
03-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Badger36

Yup, they totally fell apart Friday. Bennett had a pretty bad game and let in a couple soft goals.
On Saturday they had Gudmanson at goal and even though he has struggled lately he played a good game and you saw that in the score.
Now the Badgers have to go to CC and find a way to win twice. If they dont at least make the WCHA Final Five their season is done, IMO. If they lose to CC I dont see how they make the NCAAs.

Old
03-12-2011, 01:23 PM
RabidBadger

Nice road win last night with the roll players on the team stepping up big....now we're playing Badger Hockey! Here's hoping they keep it rolling to the Final 5

Old
03-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Badger36

and they lost to CC last night in OT. It was a close game that could have went either way, so Im not all that down about it.
Hopefully they come out tonight with some fire and finish off CC.

Old
03-13-2011, 09:15 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
and they lost to CC last night in OT. It was a close game that could have went either way, so Im not all that down about it.
Hopefully they come out tonight with some fire and finish off CC.
That'll be all good and well, but it's going to take a Braodmoor Trophy at this point to get into the playoffs. They dropped to 24th in the PWR. A win last night may have been enough for a tournament bid, but, alas. The season is on serious life support right now.

Old
03-13-2011, 10:57 PM
RabidBadger

The plug has been pulled...season over.

Old
03-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Here's something that might brighten up your day a bit, Rabid.

Old
03-14-2011, 07:12 PM
stoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
The plug has been pulled...season over.
if only saturday went differently, oh well, I didn't even get to listen, stupid friends who have weddings

Schultz coming back is a good thing though

Old
03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
grits207

Quote:
Getting traded to the Leafs is pretty much the death sentence on Gardiner's pro career.
Im not convinced that Gardiner can make it in the NHL on his own merit and its not as if Kessel is going to take him under his wing and make him better.
Agreed, he is going to be a major bust IMO. I've really never been impressed by him and I doubt he would have even had much college success if he wasn't playing with Schultz.

Brian Burke yet again proves how dumb he is.

Old
05-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Badger36

Quote:
Originally Posted by grits207 View Post
Agreed, he is going to be a major bust IMO. I've really never been impressed by him and I doubt he would have even had much college success if he wasn't playing with Schultz.

Brian Burke yet again proves how dumb he is.
Gardner is a very good player and I could see him growing into a respectable NHL player with the right team, I just dont see him going anywhere playing for the Leafs.
Hopefully they trade him to a better organization after a year or 2 so that he doesnt waste his talents in Toronto.

Last edited by Badger36: 05-05-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old
05-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Badger36

This rumor has been going around for about a week, but today they announced that Jordy Murray would be foregoing his senior year to go play pro hockey in Switzerland.
Honestly, I think its a good thing for the Baders and for Murray. The Badgers arent going to be a threat for an NCAA championship in '11-'12, so they need to be building for the future and towards making another championship run in '12-'13 or '13-'14. Murray leaving opens up 1 more spot for the Badgers to bring in another freshman player.
Also, for Murray, its better for him to go play in Europe now and work on his career as a pro than to spend another winter in Madison. He isnt going to get any better at the level he is now, so it would be a waste for him to stay for his senior year.
We will all miss Jordy but I think we all can agree that its for the best for both parties. Best of luck to Jody in Switzerland and may he have a long, successful career.
From what I understand, he has a brother and a sister who are currently playing in Switzerland, so it sounds like a good situation for him.

Old
05-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Prussian_Blue

Hey, Badger fans... can anyone who has seen a few UW games give me a scouting report on draft-eligible freshman Michael Mersch?

I'm told his skating needs a lot of work, but does he have the want-to, the drive necessary to do that work and become an NHL player (like David Backes did)?

How much ice time did he get as a freshman, and what do the Badger coaches think about him and his future potential?

Thanks for any info you can provide. Links to news articles and/or scouting reports would be greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread