HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Past Kings Draft, Trade, Free Agent Signing Discussion

Old
02-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Hollywood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Is there anybody in this thread who is advocating Schenn be traded or rushed to the NHL?
I feel if a deal comes to us that pushes us forward then we should at the very least highly consider it... Saying he is untouchable is either posturing on DL's part or plain foolish.

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:12 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I feel if a deal comes to us that pushes us forward then we should at the very least highly consider it... Saying he is untouchable is either posturing on DL's part or plain foolish.
I agree, but who do you trade Schenn for?

BTW I am asking you, not DL, who would you trade Schenn for?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
And yet Stoll is 39th in league scoring by a C, so you are saying you would rather have the 21 guys that haven't scored as much and are not nearly as good at faceoffs, than Stoll????

And you say you are a fan......tsk tsk.
Are your going to play the "are you a fan" card...really classy there.

Funny I remember arguing this same thing with Kingspest on the main board, I think back then Stoll was in the Top 30 for C scoring...amazing how he keeps tumbling.

Stoll started the year hot, but since then has fizzled, like I said he has 17 points in his last 39 games. Almost half a season's worth of games. And that is at a time when he was playing on the #1 PP.

Sorry, but I do watch the games, to answer your question. And Jarret Stoll is not a 2nd line center on a good team. He just doesn't have the offensive creativity of skillset. Stick him on a 3rd line, let him PK and dominate the shootout, but in a 2nd line role he is out of place. That is why so many people can't wait for Schenn to develop. This team never wins a cup with Stoll as the #2 center.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:13 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Why would it be foolish?

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:15 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

Funny I remember arguing this same thing with Kingspest on the main board, I think back then Stoll was in the Top 30 for C scoring...amazing how he keeps tumbling.

Stoll started the year hot, but since then has fizzled, like I said he has 17 points in his last 39 games. Almost half a season's worth of games. And that is at a time when he was playing on the #1 PP.

Sorry, but I do watch the games, to answer your question. And Jarret Stoll is not a 2nd line center on a good team. He just doesn't have the offensive creativity of skillset. Stick him on a 3rd line, let him PK and dominate the shootout, but in a 2nd line role he is out of place. That is why so many people can't wait for Schenn to develop. This team never wins a cup with Stoll as the #2 center.
I was being sarcastic bud lol, don't take everything so literally,

Anyways you never answered the question, you would take the 21 other guys, who aren't nearly as good on the draw over Stoll?

Old
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
I think he'll be a King for a very long time. Not only is he talented but he has heart, something the Kings lack. Self starting winners with drive are the type of players every team wants. I don't think you trade Schenn for Richards, Semin or Hemsky. Now Wayne Simmonds on the other hand!

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Preissing, McCauley, Stuart, Sturm, Thornton, Gauthier. Coaches Murray and Stevens.

That is a lot of people from two NHL teams. No one is saying everyone he has acquired are former picks or players, but quite a bit have. Has any team in the NHL picked up that many players from one or two teams, maybe Burke picking up ex-Ducks?

Also, how can anyone use the excuse that "It's not Dean's fault there aren't any forwards available" when it was Dean himself who created the Kings lack of talent up front.

Everyone seems to always have an excuse not to acquire a player. Cammy wasn't worth five million, Gaborik wasn't worth 5 years, Hemsky is injury prone, Semin could leave as a FA, Penner is soft.

Risk adverse people rarely make it big in the NHL or in any facet of life, eventually you have to be willing to roll the dice and make a move, there is going to be a risk in any FA or trade the Kings make.
In a way you forgot the worst of the worst in the Beachball and Pepperidge Farms Jones...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:16 AM
kingpest19

Quote:

If its not one thing its another. If its not him not scoring enough goals its he has no creativity. Whats going to be next. The last time we had this conversation Stoll was sitting right outside the top 30. So in essence he really hasnt dropped all that far.

Old
02-22-2011, 03:17 AM
KingLB

Quote:

Agreed, and here in lies the problem. Every other team knows what Schenn brings to the table, thats why they want him in any trade of worth...are you willing to sacrifice this crucial piece the to the puzzle (ie leaving Stoll 2nd line center for the foreseeable future) for whats rumored to be out there....I wouldn't.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:21 AM
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Love to see you explain this one.
Well... considering Lombardi doesn't make trades and we need a Lw...Perhaps a player like MPS(LW) may fit the bill... Just off the top of my head. remember this post if u wish

Old
02-22-2011, 03:22 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
I was being sarcastic bud lol, don't take everything so literally,

Anyways you never answered the question, you would take the 21 other guys, who aren't nearly as good on the draw over Stoll?
It's not quite that simple.

First off Stoll has played tons of PP time, more than almost every other "2nd line" center in the league.

There are 30 teams in the NHL but that doesn't mean the 60th highest scoring C is a good 2nd liner. There are a lot of bad teams that Jarret Stoll could play 2nd line for, but when it comes to good teams I just don't see it.

Like I said, guy is a lot more likeable as a player now that he is off the PP, but if the Kings are building frm the net our and strong down the middle they need to have Stoll be the answer at 3rd line and not 2nd line. He just doesn't have the creativity and skillset to be that guy. Hopefully Schenn or Loktionov are.

17 Points in pretty much half a season is more than a slump.

Old
02-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Why would it be foolish?
Because we are trying to win. 5th year of a 5 year plan remember? and it makes sense

Old
02-22-2011, 03:25 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Because we are trying to win. 5th year of a 5 year plan remember? and it makes sense
This is year 4

Old
02-22-2011, 03:26 AM
Orenji

Lombardi will make a big trade today just to shove it to Helene. That will show her to tweet bad things about him.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:26 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
It's not quite that simple.

First off Stoll has played tons of PP time, more than almost every other "2nd line" center in the league.

There are 30 teams in the NHL but that doesn't mean the 60th highest scoring C is a good 2nd liner. There are a lot of bad teams that Jarret Stoll could play 2nd line for, but when it comes to good teams I just don't see it.

Like I said, guy is a lot more likeable as a player now that he is off the PP, but if the Kings are building frm the net our and strong down the middle they need to have Stoll be the answer at 3rd line and not 2nd line. He just doesn't have the creativity and skillset to be that guy. Hopefully Schenn or Loktionov are.

17 Points in pretty much half a season is more than a slump.
Fair enough, just curious though, what good teams don't you see him playing 2nd line C on?

Old
02-22-2011, 03:27 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Well... considering Lombardi doesn't make trades and we need a Lw...Perhaps a player like MPS(LW) may fit the bill... Just off the top of my head. remember this post if u wish
LOL yes the man with basically the same statline as Simmonds is the answer to all the Kings scoring woes...

Old
02-22-2011, 03:32 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Fair enough, just curious though, what good teams don't you see him playing 2nd line C on?
I'll help Herby out on this one....Det/Van/Pitts(pre injuries)/TB/Bos/Phil then a few teams he also wouldn't but I wouldn't consider better than the Kings...Col/Dal/SJ.

Old
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Sure, just let the depth in the system rot away in Manchester.

Why draft players when you can just keep re-signing slow stiffs every year????
I think most stiffs can move faster than half of our roster...

Old
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
In a way you forgot the worst of the worst in the Beachball and Pepperidge Farms Jones...
I think you missed the point. Cloutier isn't from SJ or Philly.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:35 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
I'll help Herby out on this one....Det/Van/Pitts(pre injuries)/TB/Bos/Phil then a few teams he also wouldn't but I wouldn't consider better than the Kings...Col/Dal/SJ.
So basically all the teams that have 1A and 1B and not #1 and #2,

Got it....

Think you guys are missing the mark comparing Stoll to say, Jeff Carter, Matt Duchene, Patrick Marleau, Steve Stamkos, Henrik Zetterberg, Evgeni Malkin, Ryan Kesler?

Not setting the bar a bit too high there? just a wee bit?

Old
02-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
It's hard to say...many teams have centers on the wing.

I actually think he could be a 2nd liner on Chicago, I think he and Bolland are pretty similar actually. Both are better suited for 3rd line duty.

Probabl Minnesota

Phoenix is weak down the middle.

Again, not saying Stoll is a bad player. In fact he is fine by me now that he is off the PP and he is a competent stop-gap 2nd line center. But if this team is ever going to compete for a Cup down the road, Schenn (or Loktionov) need to develop into that 2nd line center we need.

Old
02-22-2011, 03:38 AM
KingLB

Quote:

Got it....

Think you guys are missing the mark comparing Stoll to say, Jeff Carter, Matt Duchene, Patrick Marleau, Steve Stamkos, Henrik Zetterberg, Evgeni Malkin, Ryan Kesler?

Thats the point, if you wanna win, its not gonna happen on the back of Stoll...you need someone that can bring it offensively. But he would be a great 3C on almost all those teams. (outside Pitts/Philly)

Old
02-22-2011, 03:40 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

Got it....

Notice how those teams are generally the best in the league?

Think there's a correlation there? Yet you prefer the Kings keep plugging Stoll in at the #2 C role and hope for the best.

Perhaps having only a #1 and #2 isn't good enough anymore.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:40 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Lost in the transition is the fact that Helen is a hack that doesn't belong here...at least as a credible source... I'd rather have EKLUND in here than her...and that's saying something...

Old
02-22-2011, 03:42 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Thats the point, if you wanna win, its not gonna happen on the back of Stoll...you need someone that can bring it offensively. But he would be a great 3C on almost all those teams. (outside Pitts/Philly)
LOL just like Carolina did...oh wait or Anaheim did...wait..McDonald?

The problem is, you guys see Malkin and Carter etc as 2nd line C, when the entire hockey universe sees them as 1st line C's on a team deep through the middle,

Case in point, let's turn this around, Johnson could easily be a #1 D on easily 25 teams in the league, if not 28?

So do you guys see him as a #1 D, or #3-#4 D where he plays?