HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How's Mitchell doing?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2011, 09:08 PM
  #1
MrSnrub
Registered User
 
MrSnrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Some place far away
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
How's Mitchell doing?

Sorry if this is a breach of "new thread" etiquette. Just wondering how Mitchell is looking down there. He was my among my favorite players on the Canucks. Fearless and committed.

How's he been for you guys?

MrSnrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
  #2
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,979
vCash: 500
Pretty much as advertised when healhty. He's solid defensively and the kings struggle when he's not in the lineup.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:22 PM
  #3
Kings man 4 life
Registered User
 
Kings man 4 life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Repub. of CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
I hardly notice the guy, which is a good thing.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
  #4
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
super solid. personally i think he leads the D when he plays. he seems to keep the guys focused and calm. he makes the other 5 better when he's playing. on the flip side the D goes to hell without him when he's out injured, which is why i think he's running the D. im not sure who steps up in his place while he's out but it's evident the same results don't happen.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:31 PM
  #5
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
He's doing well. He sends his regards.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 10:24 PM
  #6
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I wonder if WM is doing a great job when he is healthy, I think he is but its just an opinion. He seems to be playing very well and is a very valuable member of our team to me and that when he is out of the line up his absence certainly appears to be noticed but again, that is just an opinion and certainly not to be taken as a statement of fact. I believe that I read an article on how he was doing as a King and how he liked being here but again I am sorry it is only a vague memory and I can't provide a link so please take it as an opinion or completely disregard it.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:34 PM
  #7
Chruceg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
To only mildly reiterate "Kings man 4 life" I only notice him once or twice per game ... tops. And 90% of the time it's because he accomplishes a perfect pin-and-seal move freeing up the puck. The other 10% of the time it's because he makes a very good ten foot pass to his d-partner facilitating a solid break out.

For a defensive defenseman I would say he is spectacular.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 01:50 AM
  #8
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
To only mildly reiterate "Kings man 4 life" I only notice him once or twice per game ... tops. And 90% of the time it's because he accomplishes a perfect pin-and-seal move freeing up the puck. The other 10% of the time it's because he makes a very good ten foot pass to his d-partner facilitating a solid break out.

For a defensive defenseman I would say he is spectacular.
He's got a pretty easy job-

Step 1: Get puck.
Step 2: Pass to Doughty.

.......but altogether, the Kings record with WM in the line-up compared to out of the line-up is pretty telling. Good signing, just need to make sure he stays healthy.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 02:27 AM
  #9
Orenji
Registered User
 
Orenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winningland
Country: United States
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 500
I barely notice him and that's great. He's been a great partner for Jack Johnson and had probably progressed his development tenfold.

So when healthy, he makes our defense one of the tops.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:42 AM
  #10
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,559
vCash: 863
Mitchell>>>> The Prudential Rock

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:59 AM
  #11
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I wonder if WM is doing a great job when he is healthy, I think he is but its just an opinion. He seems to be playing very well and is a very valuable member of our team to me and that when he is out of the line up his absence certainly appears to be noticed but again, that is just an opinion and certainly not to be taken as a statement of fact. I believe that I read an article on how he was doing as a King and how he liked being here but again I am sorry it is only a vague memory and I can't provide a link so please take it as an opinion or completely disregard it.
LMAO - way to commit

Quattro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:52 PM
  #12
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,944
vCash: 500
He's the best defensive defenseman we have, and one of the top 5 in the league.

"Fine."

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 01:25 PM
  #13
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I barely notice him and that's great. He's been a great partner for Jack Johnson and had probably progressed his development tenfold.

So when healthy, he makes our defense one of the tops.
He's typically been paired with Doughty.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.