HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton Oilers 2011 1st round pick

Old
02-22-2011, 04:08 AM
ncredible

vCash: 500
Edmonton Oilers 2011 1st round pick

Just curious, What would you give for the 2011 1st round pick of the Edmonton Oilers?

Oilers want proven skilled youth in their early 20's.
Either a solid all around defenseman or an all around center that does it all.
Both with size, no small players as we have enough.

What do you offer?

I'm not saying we trade this pick but I'm curious what it brings as it's going to be a top 2 pick. Gauranteed to be bottom 5.

ncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:46 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
What's good about this year is there is the typical good all around d-man in Larsson, you've got 2 different kinds of top centers in Hopkins and Couturier and then you've also got the big power forward winger in Landeskog.

So I think it's safe to say that whoever gets that 1st overall pick is going to get whatever franchise needs except for a goalie.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 05:14 AM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
What's good about this year is there is the typical good all around d-man in Larsson, you've got 2 different kinds of top centers in Hopkins and Couturier and then you've also got the big power forward winger in Landeskog.

So I think it's safe to say that whoever gets that 1st overall pick is going to get whatever franchise needs except for a goalie.
With speed, skill, and a ton of heart/leadership and is NOT lazy.

Most 'power forward' prospects are not worthy of top 5 pick because they are usually lazy or float or relatively slow or a combination of all.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote