HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blum and Dekanich recalled, Lindback assigned to Milwaukee

Old
02-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Blum and Dekanich recalled, Lindback assigned to Milwaukee

Poile said it this morning on the radio and this just seals it. These are part of the media game notes for tomorrow's game. Note the roster and the bios...

http://ultimate.nhl.com/link3/gamenotes/gamenotes.nsf/attachments/2010020898/$FILE/gn-2010020898.pdf

Lindback is being sent down to get into games. That has been talked about for a while now. Lindback needs to play to continue developing...

Last edited by Seth Lake: 02-21-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:24 PM
predfan24

I'm sure Lindback will disagree with that assesment when he gets his first paycheck But your right it probably is for the best. Dexshow should be an adequate backup.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:32 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

finally BLUM

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:33 PM
SilasAdams

Finally

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Broom of the System

Losing Suter is definitely one of the worst things that could happen to the team, hopefully he's back soon. I am still excited to see Blum play, I just hope Trotz doesn't mess with the existing D-pairings too much. Makes sense to let Lindback get a few games in, barring injury, Rinne will start nearly every game from here on out anyway.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:58 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Losing Suter is definitely one of the worst things that could happen to the team, hopefully he's back soon. I am still excited to see Blum play, I just hope Trotz doesn't mess with the existing D-pairings too much. Makes sense to let Lindback get a few games in, barring injury, Rinne will start nearly every game from here on out anyway.
As weird as it is sometimes when stuff like this happens it actually bonds a team together and players start to take more responsibly. I'm hoping this is what happens.

This is Blum's first NHL action and he hasn't even practiced with the team. Expect him to get minimal EV time and some PP time. The D pairings I'm sure will be jumbled with many different combos. Just knowing Trotz I doubt you see Blum get regular shifts and Trotz is probably right to feel that way.

Old
02-22-2011, 03:00 AM
SK74 Snipes

Excited to see what he can do.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:45 AM
Panopticon

I hope they don't give him too much ice time. He's just not good enough defensively right now to be a decent NHL defenseman. But it's probably not defense they want, otherwise they would've called Johnson or Laakso up instead.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 05:30 AM
OpenWheel

Of course he's not good enough yet, it will be his first game. A total rookie. But he'd better be good enough to look like he belongs. He's a 22 year old man, not a kid anymore.

Reading a Milwaukee blog where fans seem to spend a lot of time post-game praising Blum or Josi and only rarely discussing Johnson or Laakso, now say we should've called up Johnson or Laakso because they have more experience and make fewer mistakes. ... Yeah, but they don't do as much for you either. There's more needed to win than just not getting burned. Besides when someone said Johnson or Laakso usually someone typed "LOL" and pointed out the times they were burned as well.

I always thought Laakso was fairly decent though (although many other fans don't seem to share my view about his play) so wouldn't have minded him filling in, but I am glad they are going for Blum. Just the fan in me wanting to see him, and he may help us move the puck better when he's out there than some other choice.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:43 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

wouldn't it be funny if Blum got this PP going....I can hope anyway.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
it'd actually be kind of sad

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Broom of the System

Quote:
The PP is already going, it's been great since a little before the All Star break.

Old
02-22-2011, 11:25 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
it'd actually be kind of sad
I dunno... Sulzer kind of got the PP going for a while when he worked the point. We just need a guy at the point to move the puck quick and make quick decisions. I love what Suter and Weber bring to our team, but I feel like sometimes they are very slow with their passes and whipping the puck around at the point.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:14 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
The PP is already going, it's been great since a little before the All Star break.
going in the sense we are consistant and not chasing the puck for over half of the two minutes. but if you like it, more power to you

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Seems that most Milwaukee fans feel that he isn't really deserving of a call up at this point and that Josi would have been easily a better choice...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:32 PM
predfan24

With all due respect to Admiral fans opinions Blum has had a pretty damn good first two seasons in the AHL statistically. As I recall they weren't very high on Franson either. He's turned out alright. I'll let my own eyes do the judging.

Old
02-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
going in the sense we are consistant and not chasing the puck for over half of the two minutes. but if you like it, more power to you
Going in the sense that we're converting on 20% of our oppurtunities, but if you don't like it, more power to you.

Old
02-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Milly79

Quote:
going in the sense we are consistant and not chasing the puck for over half of the two minutes.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
With all due respect to Admiral fans opinions Blum has had a pretty damn good first two seasons in the AHL statistically. As I recall they weren't very high on Franson either. He's turned out alright. I'll let my own eyes do the judging.
The criticism i've seen is inconsistency and lack of defensive ability. Points won't really reflect that.

I'm hopeful, just not over the moon excited the way some are. All I can go on is a mediocre training camp and some firsthand commentary.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 01:18 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
We play back-to-back day games this weekend; hopefully Lindback gets a couple games in and we see him back for Sunday.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
The criticism i've seen is inconsistency and lack of defensive ability. Points won't really reflect that.

I'm hopeful, just not over the moon excited the way some are. All I can go on is a mediocre training camp and some firsthand commentary.
I think Blum is just getting the short end of the stick here lately because Josi is the new shiny toy for everyone to play with. From everything I've heard Blum is getting top pairing minutes with the Ads. Blum is a +7 currently. Say what you want about the +/- stat if he is getting top pairing minutes and playing against other team's first and second lines there is nowhere to hide and if you are really that weak defensively then your +/- will suffer. I have no doubt he has plenty of room to improve but I'm also willing to bet his defeciences are overstated just like Fransons were/

Old
02-22-2011, 11:36 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
They bashed the snot out of Franson, some even laughed at him ever making the NHL, others said we should have kept Parent instead of Franson (philly orginally wanted Franson in the Forsberg trade).

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:37 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I went to training camp more than a few times and Blum looked good to me...

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
As I recall they weren't very high on Franson either. He's turned out alright.
Touché. Although I'm still not as high on Franson as some here seem to be, I have to admit he is doing much more than I expected based on his play in the AHL. I was sure he'd just make a fool of himself in the NHL if he continued to play the same way, but someone seems to have taught him "some" defense. Maybe they can indeed do the same to Blum.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 01:10 AM
bananaslug

Quote:

From the games i've watched he and laakso were the shut down line, he played smart defense he's good on the poke check. He can't lay a guy out but he isn't helpless, he is strong enough to separate guys from the puck. I don't get that criticism.

If anything i'd say his weakness would be his shot power, which other people seem to think the opposite for some reason. He has great aim but his shot needs to get stronger and that's easy to work on as he's still working to put on muscle

bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote