Huselius wants to come back?

Old
02-21-2011, 06:32 AM
666Orion666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I just want to get this straight...

you want to trade Matt Stajan who is on a 0.50 point per game pace and is not a liability in either end of the rink... and Niklas Hagman who is producing on a 0.43 point per game pace who is extremely reliable defensively... both of whom are having their worst season in a couple years... for Kristian 'Useless' Huselius who is on a point per game pace of 0.60 who is a healthy scratch on a less offensive team than us and wouldn't know defense if it slapped him in the face

my response to that idea can be summed up in 2 words...

**** no!
You usually have good points but to say Stajan isn't a liability is wrong, the guy makes the most stupid plays I have ever seen, always turning the puck over and his faceoffs have been horrible lately.

666Orion666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
you realize Sutter never even offered Huselius a contract when his last one with Calgary expired right?... this hating on Sutter because he's Sutter is stupid and needs to stop
This is true, I remember in a couple of interviews where Sutter was saying that there are "certain" players that take nights off and do not work at both ends of the ice. It was obvious at the time that Hulelius was one of the players that Sutter was reffering to. I do not think that Sutter was a big fan of Huselius, hence why he was not offered a contract.

The only reason why I would be inclined to try Huselius again was because when he left Keenan was the coach here, and he did not preach defence first. So it is not at all surprising to me that a streaky offensive player like Huselius was not held accountable to play defence. That mentality would not fly with Brent Sutter. And if Juice did not work out here this time around either, he could be flipped at next years deadline for draft picks. But I still think adding him would improve our top 6.

I will say that I do not want to bring Huselius back at the cost of not resigning Tangs and Glencross. I feel they are both much more valuable to the team than Huselius would be, and if bringing him back would prevent resigning those players then I would pass on him as well.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:35 AM
The Gnome

The only type of players the flames should be looking at getting are proven playoff winners (or at least some experience). Bringing back Juice is the opposite. I can guarantee he'd be the most invisible player come playoffs. At his price (and for another year), not a chance I'd take him.

It sucks having Stajans contract, but at least he isn't lazy and can play some defense.

A move to land him will surely kill this teams playoff hopes, guys like Juice do not win cups, period.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
The only type of players the flames should be looking at getting are proven playoff winners (or at least some experience). Bringing back Juice is the opposite. I can guarantee he'd be the most invisible player come playoffs. At his price (and for another year), not a chance I'd take him.

It sucks having Stajans contract, but at least he isn't lazy and can play some defense.

A move to land him will surely kill this teams playoff hopes, guys like Juice do not win cups, period.
Huselius is not as bad in the playoffs as people are making him out to be. I am not trying to say this guy would be the messiah in anyway because I am having second thoughts on whether or not I would want him back myself. But in his first playoff series against Anahiem he was pretty much our best player in that series getting 6 points in 7 games. The other 2 series he played in here he got 2 pts in 6 games, and 4 pts in 7. So it is not as if he was our worst player or the reason why we lost those series. The only reason that I like Huselius is because he is a creative type of player and can create offence out of nothing, Tanguay and Iginla really are the only other players we currently we have that can do that.

To win a championship you need a whole bunch of players that fill different roles. You need elite players like Iggy and Tangs, you need depth scoring especially from your second and third lines, you need guys like Jackman and Glencross, you need good defence and goaltending, and then you need skill players. Huselius would not put us over the top, but he would improve our top 6.

Old
02-22-2011, 10:29 AM
The Gnome

fair enough. But Huselius is way to streaky to count on. Going into the playoffs there is a high chance of him being absolutly useless. That is the reason I want him no where near our playoff run. He's not the kind of player to pick up if your in the flames position. I agree his skills are unique, especially to our team (we lack in that department). But it is not worth the risk, or cap space imo.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
fair enough. But Huselius is way to streaky to count on. Going into the playoffs there is a high chance of him being absolutly useless. That is the reason I want him no where near our playoff run. He's not the kind of player to pick up if your in the flames position. I agree his skills are unique, especially to our team (we lack in that department). But it is not worth the risk, or cap space imo.
Absolutely, and that is the risk with Juice. However, on the flip side he could provide us with an element that we don't have much of and he could really help this team out. I just wish the guy wasn't so dam inconsistent.