HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2011, 07:09 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar R Jones View Post
It's a private email address which isn't on the website, being a fan doesn't make you entitled.
People got it somehow, obviously it isn't that private.

Being a fan makes me entitled to expressing my opinion.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 02-19-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: not needed
Old
02-19-2011, 07:19 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

if it's a private email, it would be a good idea to not post it for the whole world to see.

Old
02-19-2011, 07:24 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Well one of these people who has it could kindly PM me...

Not sure how it would be a big deal, and I know there are some decent guys around here.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 02-19-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: not needed
Old
02-19-2011, 10:19 PM
brymel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Well one of these people who has it could kindly PM me...

Not sure how it would be a big deal, and I know there are some decent guys around here.
Geez...all this angst over a logo change. I can remember feeling that way when the OK group was in charge, but there are so many good things happening here, I think you need to get past it. They are second in the conference as we speak...regardless of what logo they are wearing..get over it...

Old
02-19-2011, 10:27 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymel View Post
Geez...all this angst over a logo change. I can remember feeling that way when the OK group was in charge, but there are so many good things happening here, I think you need to get past it. They are second in the conference as we speak...regardless of what logo they are wearing..get over it...
Get over other people not getting over it.

And it's more than a logo change.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:30 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Quote:
Like bladoww said, there's more to it.

The whole thing behind it is Vinik and company looking to make money. That bothers me quite a bit.

And the drastic and unnecessary changes just are pathetic. With such harsh backlash, you gotta hope they reconsider something.

I'd be more ok with this money making move if they didn't go so far with the changes.

I realize alot of people don't care, then this isn't the thread for them. I do care, as I have stated repeatedly, I'm big into unis/logos. So when one of my favorite teams makes such a ****** change, I'm pissed.

I may sound like a broken record, but again, if people are annoyed at what I have to say, don't read and/or respond if it bothers you so much.

Old
02-20-2011, 07:52 AM
brymel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

The whole thing behind it is Vinik and company looking to make money. That bothers me quite a bit.
And the drastic and unnecessary changes just are pathetic. With such harsh backlash, you gotta hope they reconsider something.

I'd be more ok with this money making move if they didn't go so far with the changes.

I realize alot of people don't care, then this isn't the thread for them. I do care, as I have stated repeatedly, I'm big into unis/logos. So when one of my favorite teams makes such a ****** change, I'm pissed.

I may sound like a broken record, but again, if people are annoyed at what I have to say, don't read and/or respond if it bothers you so much.
Did you think they bought an NHL team to lose money?

I guess you are right however, I do not understand your anger. I love hockey... the game...not the clothes...

Old
02-20-2011, 07:59 AM
brymel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladoww View Post
Get over other people not getting over it.

And it's more than a logo change.
I was never upset by your anger, just curious as I am curious to know how you think it is anything more than a logo change. They're not making the team tattoo it on their chests are they?

Old
02-20-2011, 08:05 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:

Proof of this?

Old
02-20-2011, 09:37 AM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
I was never upset by your anger, just curious as I am curious to know how you think it is anything more than a logo change. They're not making the team tattoo it on their chests are they?
First off I'm not angry. If anything I'm just sad and frustrated because elements that have made up our identity, and what's made us unique for 20 years is now being stripped from us in favor of a strategy to make us look "classic" and "traditional" by OTHER teams' standards. We look like the love-child of the Red Wings and Leafs - let's be honest. Black... gone. Silver... out. Pit stripes... no more, and bolts on the pants are all history.

"History"... Now there's a novel idea if I ever heard one. If "classic" and "traditional" is what you're truly after, seems you would look no further than your OWN past.

Old
02-20-2011, 10:05 AM
brymel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladoww View Post
First off I'm not angry. If anything I'm just sad and frustrated because elements that have made up our identity, and what's made us unique for 20 years is now being stripped from us in favor of a strategy to make us look "classic" and "traditional" by OTHER teams' standards. We look like the love-child of the Red Wings and Leafs - let's be honest. Black... gone. Silver... out. Pit stripes... no more, and bolts on the pants are all history.

"History"... Now there's a novel idea if I ever heard one. If "classic" and "traditional" is what you're truly after, seems you would look no further than your OWN past.
Reading through my own post, I'm not seeing where I used any of those words. I totally support your feelings as your own, you have a right to them as I have a right to disagree. I am merely stating that the on ice product is my major concern. There is nothing more traditional or classic than hoisting the Stanley Cup, and that in my mind is the only goal....classic, traditional, or whatever....

Old
02-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Jeez man your still going on about it? I don't have it but maybe the other posters here who do have Leiweke's e-mail don't wanna give it you for this reason. His inbox would be blown up if your "message" is anything like here.

Old
02-20-2011, 10:22 AM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Reading through my own post, I'm not seeing where I used any of those words. I totally support your feelings as your own, you have a right to them as I have a right to disagree. I am merely stating that the on ice product is my major concern. There is nothing more traditional or classic than hoisting the Stanley Cup, and that in my mind is the only goal....classic, traditional, or whatever....
Ok I meant "you" figuratively, the "you" being Vinik, Leiweke et al. You missed the point entirely.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:11 AM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Proof of this?
It's a business.

Old
02-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Tokala

Quote:
How I express myself?

Like an upset, but level headed person?

If you're going to insult me in a round-about way, at least make sense. The way I'm pissed and talking here, is not the way I'd approach them.

I'm not a fool, don't take me as one. I can adjust my demeanor given any circumstance, I'm not a child.

And unless it was responding to people here, all of my statements have been pretty decent. Nothing crazy or off color. Just frustrated.

Pretty sure as a fan I'm entitled.
It wasn't meant as an insult. I encouraged you to find it through other methods, like I did. Go get the email address the way I did: talk with Tod. He's a very engaging person to talk with and is open to meeting the fans wherever he happens to be walking around inside or outside the Forum.

Old
02-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 525
Awards:
Didn't like them the first time I saw them...Had some time to get over the first shock of the total change....... and I still don't like them.. To me, they just look like blue Detroit Red Wings jerseys and we are the Tampa Bay Lightning not the Tampa Bay Blue Wings..

As I've said before, at some point they will probably grow on me...maybe by the end of next season after watching the team play in them..

Old
02-22-2011, 10:20 AM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
They have already grown on me. I never hated them, was more indifferent than anything. But now I actually hope they stay close to what we see now. I would not complain if the bolts on the pants and victory stripes returned though.

Of course the logo could be tweaked a little, but I'm fine with it. It's a bolt in a circle, only so many ways to vary the same thing.

Quote:
The whole thing behind it is Vinik and company looking to make money.
If that were true, they could not have picked a worse time to unveil it. Without the new jersey out for sale, they are actually shooting themselves in the foot with jersey sales. On top of that they just devalued their entire stock of current merchandise. I won't buy another until the new ones come out.

Then add in all the work to change the logo on billboards, in the forum and elsewhere, I think even with increased sales from those getting new stuff, it probably ends up close to even. Didn't they pay a company quite a bit to do the redesign?

Old
02-22-2011, 11:47 AM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLightningFan View Post
They have already grown on me. I never hated them, was more indifferent than anything. But now I actually hope they stay close to what we see now. I would not complain if the bolts on the pants and victory stripes returned though.

Of course the logo could be tweaked a little, but I'm fine with it. It's a bolt in a circle, only so many ways to vary the same thing.

If that were true, they could not have picked a worse time to unveil it. Without the new jersey out for sale, they are actually shooting themselves in the foot with jersey sales. On top of that they just devalued their entire stock of current merchandise. I won't buy another until the new ones come out.

Then add in all the work to change the logo on billboards, in the forum and elsewhere, I think even with increased sales from those getting new stuff, it probably ends up close to even. Didn't they pay a company quite a bit to do the redesign?
Good post. I totally agree with you.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:35 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
Jeez man your still going on about it? I don't have it but maybe the other posters here who do have Leiweke's e-mail don't wanna give it you for this reason. His inbox would be blown up if your "message" is anything like here.
Think. Post. Get back to me.

Clearly I wouldn't send him an email over and over, you're being illogical. I've said way to many times, I repeat because many, like you, haven't read alot of my posts so they repeat things already brought up or bring up a point I addressed.

This is a forum where I am able to share my opinion, and if it's too much for you don't read my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLightningFan View Post

If there is only so much you can do, why does our current and even previous logo have depth, where the new one looks like just a simple outline? The current logo we have is one of the best "lightning bolt" logos you can find. It has colors to give depth and looks aggressive. The new one looks weak and bland.

And why would it not be true? What other reason to have new uniforms and logos? And not just a small change, but a change that makes every previous color/logo/jersey obselete style wise.

The work you are talking about is them shoving this new logo down our throat, because people like things over time or just accept it. I don't, I hate it more.

Long term this is to make money. How can it not be? What would be the point? That ******** about "new identity" and we need a "new look" when no one disliked the current one?

Yes they made it so there is no point to buy the current merchandise, but the merchandise is marked up enough that when they "discount" it and it sells, they will be ok.

They paid a company $1 million. I'm pretty sure with the team doing so well, and the arena filling up again they will make their money back.

They brought out a third jersey, TONS of people bought one because they liked it. Then less than one year after they move on? So what about the people who spent money on the current third? They say they will keep it, but they can't. It has, God forbid, more than just blue and white. So they made money with the third jerseys than become obselete.

And sorry to burst downie and others bubble, but I got the email address from someone on here. Sorry gents.

Old
02-22-2011, 02:34 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

Thanks Yzerlady

Old
02-22-2011, 02:36 PM
TBFan

Quote:
And sorry to burst downie and others bubble, but I got the email address from someone on here. Sorry gents.
That person should be banned for life.

Old
02-22-2011, 03:01 PM
BoltSTH

Am I the only one that doesn't care if they wear flashing neon helmets, pink tutu, black socks (with silver of course), and gold skates, if they go deep into the playoffs?

Old
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Kessick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar R Jones View Post
Thanks Yzerlady
Only cost you a new Stamkos shirt. I need to be in style.

Old
02-22-2011, 03:30 PM
DangleDoppler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't care if they wear flashing neon helmets, pink tutu, black socks (with silver of course), and gold skates, if they go deep into the playoffs?
You are not alone... I guess most of us don't care to comment because we're all bandwagon fans still watching the Lightning from our black and white idiot-boxes. Thus our opinions mean nothing...

Old
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Nah but changes are hard to take for some, no matter what the subject is, people do however get used to changes over time.