Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Number one Center

Old
02-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Remember2004

vCash: 500
Number one Center

What is the value of a number one center? What would you give up for one in assets or players? Do you think Calgary is still looking for one? '
Imo i think it would make our team better.
I would offer to get Spezza

Cgy: Spezza
Ott: 1st rnd pick 2011, Regher, Stajan

Remember2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:49 AM
Lunatik*

Spezza will get an Iginla like return due to his age and consistent production IMO... so expect a 1st, Backlund/Erixon as the start to a package

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 03:08 AM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

vCash: 50
yupp expect ATLEAST backlund, 1st ++

no thanks

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Stewie Griffin
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

vCash: 13000
I would consider trading Backlund for Spezza. Not the type of deal to do at the deadline though.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:11 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
What is the value of a number one center? What would you give up for one in assets or players? Do you think Calgary is still looking for one? '
Imo i think it would make our team better.
I would offer to get Spezza

Cgy: Spezza
Ott: 1st rnd pick 2011, Regher, Stajan
Regher and Stajan would be of little interest to the rebuilding Senators.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
I would trade Stajan and Kotalik for Spezza...my list stops there.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
so you essentially value Spezza the same as you value Huselius?... and you wonder why I can't take a thing you say seriously

Old
02-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
so you essentially value Spezza the same as you value Huselius?... and you wonder why I can't take a thing you say seriously
I am saying that I do not want anything to do with Spezza, which is the reason why I would not give up anything of significance for him.

But I'm assuming for the Flames to land him with how valuable he is to the Sens, it would take something along the lines of 2 x 1st round picks, Backlund and another good roster player.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:03 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Regher and Stajan would be of little interest to the rebuilding Senators.
Or would the rebuilding senators look worth it for Regehr especially...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:05 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Huh?

Old
02-20-2011, 02:29 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Or would the rebuilding senators look worth it for Regehr especially...
english please....

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 03:30 PM
debil

too much salary concentrated within 4 players (iginla, kipper, bouwmeester, spezza). we gotta get rid of bowmeester (or kiprusoff) to land player like spezza.

debil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
For a #1 centre I'd probably trade a speedy forward who had the talent to be a top 6 player but never quite gelled when given the opportunity, a 4th line pest who can drop the gloves even if he's undersized and a first round pick that could result in a rather highly touted defenseman who fell in the draft. But I'd probably want a mid-round pick coming the other way as well.

(lulz, see what I did there!!!1)

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
Not interested in Spezza. This team has shown that it can function well without a true number one center. And Spezza hasn't been very healthy these past two season; he missed 22 games last season and has already missed 20 this season.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Do you think Calgary is still looking for one?
At this point I really doubt it.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 10:55 AM
BurnEmUp

Well, Jokinen has 33 points in his last 33 games....it remains to be seen if he can keep that up, but if he does then he can be considered a true number one center again, because only a handful of centers in the league are able to score at a point per game pace.

If he can continue to produce like that for the remainder of his contract (maybe not point per game but at least close to it, eg 0.8 +), the Flames will be in a very enviable position because:

1. He's producing like that on a line other than our actual first line, with very good, but not "elite" wingers. (Moss & Glencross) Gives the Flames some serious depth.

2. He's only got a cap hit of $3 million. Usually the only time teams have offensive players producing at that kind of clip with that small of a cap hit, is when they are still on an entry level deal....especially at the center position. With his cap number so low, the Flames may have the ability to add another number one center to play on the Iginla line going forward.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:26 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
english please....
For those who are unable to comprehend said English, why would Reggie waive a NMC to go to a gutter feeding team as well....

Old
02-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
Well, Jokinen has 33 points in his last 33 games....it remains to be seen if he can keep that up, but if he does then he can be considered a true number one center again, because only a handful of centers in the league are able to score at a point per game pace.

2. He's only got a cap hit of $3 million.
Usually the only time teams have offensive players producing at that kind of clip with that small of a cap hit, is when they are still on an entry level deal....especially at the center position.
Let's assume Jokinen keeps up his production for the rest of the regular season, and finishes around 0.9+ points a game.

Do you think Feaster tries to use him as trade bait for this "#1 centre"? We have guys who can slot into a #2 role easily, such as Morrison.
Trade our "#1 centre" for someone younger, a playmaker, etc. to mesh on our first line?

I might want that, depending on who it is, but not sure, since the team has played so well. Really unwilling to mess with the chemistry until the Flames are out of the playoffs. That being said, it's great that Jokinen has 1 more year on him and is signed at 3m, an affordable price for any team - would make decent trade bait for Feaster if he does decide to make a move in the offseason.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:05 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Let's assume Jokinen keeps up his production for the rest of the regular season, and finishes around 0.9+ points a game.

Do you think Feaster tries to use him as trade bait for this "#1 centre"? We have guys who can slot into a #2 role easily, such as Morrison.
Trade our "#1 centre" for someone younger, a playmaker, etc. to mesh on our first line?

I might want that, depending on who it is, but not sure, since the team has played so well. Really unwilling to mess with the chemistry until the Flames are out of the playoffs. That being said, it's great that Jokinen has 1 more year on him and is signed at 3m, an affordable price for any team - would make decent trade bait for Feaster if he does decide to make a move in the offseason.
Interesting idea and plausible. Jokinen has seen his valpue jump way up lately and the price is also right. I am now looking forward to deadline day with more optimism than back in December when a fire sale looked possible a la Ottawa.

Old
02-22-2011, 09:40 AM
The Gnome

not to get way off topic: But doesn't anyone else want to resign morrison. The guy has been huge and is only making 750K. I'd want him back for sure. Like I said before, whoever he plays with they become better. It is a rare quality in the NHL today, amongst active players.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
not to get way off topic: But doesn't anyone else want to resign morrison. The guy has been huge and is only making 750K. I'd want him back for sure. Like I said before, whoever he plays with they become better. It is a rare quality in the NHL today, amongst active players.
I definitely want him back, he's doing what Langkow did. I think he needs to be put on a line with Bourque as he seems lost without Langkow

------------------------------

back to the #1 center topic...

I suggested this on CP and I got mixed reactions...

to Calgary:
C - Paul Stastny

to Colorado:
D - Tim Erixon
LW - Ryan Howse
1st in 2011

Old
02-22-2011, 04:31 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
I definitely want him back, he's doing what Langkow did. I think he needs to be put on a line with Bourque as he seems lost without Langkow

to Calgary:
C - Paul Stastny

to Colorado:
D - Tim Erixon
LW - Ryan Howse
1st in 2011
pfffft...I cannot believe you got mixed reactions. For FLames fans this should be a resounding hell yes! Although I'd rather move Brodie, and I also think CGY would have to add more. Not to mention the cap, which could be addressed by other trades.

Old
02-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
pfffft...I cannot believe you got mixed reactions. For FLames fans this should be a resounding hell yes! Although I'd rather move Brodie, and I also think CGY would have to add more. Not to mention the cap, which could be addressed by other trades.
I listed it as a starting place over there... and peopel whined that we wcouldn't afford to give up the picks/prospects

and the cap could be addressed by demoted Hagman for the remainder for the season...

Old
02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:

to Calgary:
C - Paul Stastny

to Colorado:
D - Tim Erixon
LW - Ryan Howse
1st in 2011
Wow, interesting proposal Lunatik. Not to bad, but it leaves us without a draft pick until round 4 and we give away our best defensive prospect. But not to bad of a offer if you ask me.

Old
02-22-2011, 04:47 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
I listed it as a starting place over there... and peopel whined that we wcouldn't afford to give up the picks/prospects

and the cap could be addressed by demoted Hagman for the remainder for the season...
I was thinking into next year, and I'd want to resign Glencross, Tanguay, and Morrison, all of which will want a raise (big or small). Hell if Babchuk keeps going I'd want him back as well.

I know we have other threads on next years cap situation. But if someone has the time it might help to see what it projects to be with these players re-signed to fair contracts.

That way we would all have a better idea if a true 1st line centre is a viable option.

Sorry I just don't have the time to throw something together.