HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. critics: Shut up, play against him Gainey

Old
02-20-2011, 11:52 PM
headliner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Thanks for that. My memory is slowly fading away!!
Was that 2-3 years ago? Anyways, thanks.

I must have been thinking about #19 (Larry Robinson).
Robinson is up there, too.

November 19, 2007.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:18 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

you know your franchise rocks when there are so many retired jerseys we lose track and want to re-retire them.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Someone posted a Bure thread in the main forum. I wanted to watch highlights on Youtube.

Watch this, and check out the 30 second mark. I can't stop laughing.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:00 AM
KillerKampfer*

Bruins fan not here to troll. PK should not have to fight. He is not on a team that fights.

Im not sure enough that he is good enough for this to be an issue he is still a developing player the only thing unique about him is his skin color. He doesnt deserve to be painted as a bad guy or a wimp by the press for not fighting there are plenty of guys with visors, thats not his game. Hes a rookie noone knows how good he will be anyways, just right now he is playing a big role with all the guys who would be lessining his role by now hurt.

Last game against us he was ready to go with Horton but him and Horton couldnt even give each other a shove before PK had Lucic immediately in his grill throwing punches. The guy didnt even have a chance to fight Horton and proabably would have, and no I do not expect PK to allow Lucic to feed him his teeth no matter how much he is chirping.

If his chirping is so bad take an instigator and beat him up.

I dont think Subban is a good enough player to be controversial or talked about like this, he is playing a big role for Montreal but our division is terrible you should be better than Ottawa Buffalo and Toronto even with the injuries.

PK should only fight similar players to him. I am sure he will he hasn't been in the league too long anyways this is bs.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:12 AM
bobsURuncle

loved the interview...in Bob we trust.

Go Habs Go!!!!

bobsURuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:32 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

sup kampfer. props. now go tell your other USA!! buddies to grow the **** up.

Old
02-21-2011, 04:21 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
you know your franchise rocks when there are so many retired jerseys we lose track and want to re-retire them.

It seems like a year ago that Patrick Roy's number was retired...
It was in 2008!!

Robinson and Gainey's numbers retired...how soon a few of us like me forget!!

Who is else is waiting to have their number retired?!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:31 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

so true, the roy ceremony is still fresh in my memory (as far as those things are concerned). but then i remember the number 3's a year ago.

Old
02-21-2011, 04:31 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Bruins fan not here to troll. PK should not have to fight. He is not on a team that fights.

Im not sure enough that he is good enough for this to be an issue he is still a developing player the only thing unique about him is his skin color. He doesnt deserve to be painted as a bad guy or a wimp by the press for not fighting there are plenty of guys with visors, thats not his game. Hes a rookie noone knows how good he will be anyways, just right now he is playing a big role with all the guys who would be lessining his role by now hurt.

Last game against us he was ready to go with Horton but him and Horton couldnt even give each other a shove before PK had Lucic immediately in his grill throwing punches. The guy didnt even have a chance to fight Horton and proabably would have, and no I do not expect PK to allow Lucic to feed him his teeth no matter how much he is chirping.

I dont think Subban is a good enough player to be controversial or talked about like this, he is playing a big role for Montreal but our division is terrible you should be better than Ottawa Buffalo and Toronto even with the injuries.

PK should only fight similar players to him. I am sure he will he hasn't been in the league too long anyways this is bs.
Hab bashers want PK to fight as often as possible...more chances of injuring his wrist/hand/arm/shoulder or falling down and getting a concussion,etc...

I understand when a player wants to fight someone that just hit him from behind, crosschecked him to the face, intentionally went knee to knee a la Ulf Samuelsson ; but for yapping and being intense? that's ridiculous. It's part of the game. Just ignore a player and play your game. Weak (in the brain/mind) players always complain when another players yaps on the ice.

Pk is like Avery? Avery is always looking for a fight, that's it...he's not worth 1% of what PK is worth. PK can play up to 30minutes/game (PP, PK, 5 on 5, everything). He's one of the top 5 mvp's of the team. Avery is good at what he does: ****-disturber and causing trouble. Hab bashers just want to lower PK to Avery's level.

Every GM would take PK in a heartbeat. Same goes for Hab-bashers.
They'd praise PK is they had him on their team.

I don't want PK to ever fight unless he really has to defend himself against a middleweight. If Lucic wants to go after PK, then Lucic should have fought Laraque, but he didn't want to.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-21-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old
02-21-2011, 04:33 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
BOOM goes the dynamite. Man I miss Bob for **** like this.
Well it's not like you can miss him for his half-assed attempts at putting together a roster -- and then quitting on it like a *****.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:41 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

maybe your wife will die and a shark will eat your daughter, and see how much longer you'd feel like working when you realize how futile hockey is in the grand scheme of life. dude isn't getting any younger, and is financially set. that spells family time to anyone.

Old
02-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Well it's not like you can miss him for his half-assed attempts at putting together a roster -- and then quitting on it like a *****.
Mr.Gainey has done waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than you ever will for the HABS. As a player, as a GM. And he will always be remembered...way more than ''JimmyDarmody'' from HockeysFuture!!

Were you cheering for the HABS when they went to the Conference Finals last year? (beat Pitts and Wash...pretty darn good,imo).

And, Mr.Gainey has been through quite a lot (wife passed away, daughter was lost at sea). Mr.Gainey has not retired...he can (imo) retire whenever he pleases to. He'll always be a part of the CH. Always.

I'll always be a fan of Mr.Gainey (the player, the GM, and now as an assistant GM, and is always a smart, polite and humble gentleman).
I wish we had a young Gainey playing for us right now.
(I was hoping Chipchura was going to be a poorman's version of Gainey...that was 2-3 years ago).

Go Gainey Go!!
Go PK Go!!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-21-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old
02-21-2011, 05:12 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i guess you're right. he did kinna one-night-stand us on the rebuild. but it wasn't terrible. i seem to recall a conference final appearance. could be mistaken though. sure there's some luck. but no one expected a team that was gutted from the inside out to be able to accomplish much of anything.

if he didn't do that, you think we'd have done better with higgins, komi, kovy, won't mention koivu in that, and other floaters whether he had stayed on board or not?

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 02-21-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old
02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post

Finally a Bruin fan with some sense

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:12 PM
NSHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
My point is this : Gainey's old teams, the players that developed into franchise components all had team toughness around them. Chelios could stick up for himself, but he didn't have to, management made sure their investments were protected.

For some reason, BG and current management have forgotten what made them winners. So while they pretend Nilan, McPhee, Ewen and the host of other tough players aren't important, the fans know different.

Keep letting players lay into Subban, mouth him off, ruin his confidence etc etc.. and it won't be much of a surprise how this all ends. I think he can handle it, but no team lets their future stars go through this much attention, mostly negative.

Its cowardly, and I hate it. It sickens me to see how this franchise has turned its back on the most successful hockey system ever implemented. That balance of toughness, and finesse.. all while building a team of players who bleed the CH, no matter what country they are from.
Great Post.

NSHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Wow...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote