HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/22/2011 Predators pay a visit to Columbus

Old
02-22-2011, 09:20 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 500
Dorsett lifts Legwands arm into his face. I f-ing hate Divers!!!!!

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
awful lot of whining going on tonight! We are getting outplayed...it happens.
it does happen ... alot, in particularly this time of year

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:23 PM
kivaerijo

just seems like a lot of confusion tonight. and even more people looking at the puck, then realizing they need to go get it, because no one else is.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:28 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
it does happen ... alot, in particularly this time of year
but wasnt it just last week that we were playing awesome and didnt need anyone against the canucks?

its been a couple frustrating games..get over it..or pick a sport with less games

boll is kind of a beotch..tying up tootoo almost the entire fight.
good thing there was a fight though..it was pretty quiet in there...you would think they were losing.

Old
02-22-2011, 09:29 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
awful lot of whining going on tonight! We are getting outplayed...it happens.
We've been outplayed consistently for almost a month. Wake up. Yeah, we played 3 good games against good teams, but how about Edmonton, Phoenix, and tonight?

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Will Son
An Army of One

NASH GET HIS 2nd WOOOO for fantasy!!!!

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Anti-Frosties.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
but wasnt it just last week that we were playing awesome and didnt need anyone against the canucks?

its been a couple frustrating games..get over it..or pick a sport with less games

boll is kind of a beotch..tying up tootoo almost the entire fight.
good thing there was a fight though..it was pretty quiet in there...you would think they were losing.
we outplayed a team that was finishing 3 games in 4 nights & were playing with 4 AHL Dmen ...

Old
02-22-2011, 09:30 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Theres a lot of whining cause its the same problem every time and were to consistent at being inconsistent as a team. any normal fan should be frustrated or upset by this.

Old
02-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

and the Coyotes win in OT

Old
02-22-2011, 09:34 PM
hockey diva

Only watched the second period when I was at the gym but we didn't look good. All those points we gave away in the first part of the season are coming back to bite us in the butt.

We won't get a finisher. We don't have any more room for a trade at this point. Maybe just call it a season and hope everyone stays healthy next year.

hockey diva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:36 PM
tserberis*

No Suter and SK and we are helpless and teethless "kitties"....

Fun stuff.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:40 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Okay three shots later I feel better and won't give up until we're officially out or officially in. I felt worse after the 0-4 loss to Edmonton.

Time for sleep and impatiently waiting on Thursday.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:49 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
We've been outplayed consistently for almost a month. Wake up. Yeah, we played 3 good games against good teams, but how about Edmonton, Phoenix, and tonight?
phoenix is leading the pacific isnt it? they are a good team. Apparently you are not the only one fooled though.

and three games in 2 weeks doesnt make a month. you are over reacting a little bit.
they got outplayed tonight. luckily i missed the edmonton game..san jose outplayed us (but they always do), and calgary outplayed us once in the last month.

I count 4 games outplayed in the last month. 4 out of 15. and we are 7-6-2 in those games. there are games we get outplayed and win and games we outplay and lose. it happens. it sucks sometimes, especially to edmonton and colombus.

It is going to be a long 2 months, if you think we arent going to lose 2 or 3 in a row again, you are mistaking.

I will say though after seeing tonights game. It is clear what ONE star can do to help a team out.

Old
02-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Jarnberg

Suter/injuries will likely be blamed, but this team isn't good enough. This team does not have the offense to be a force in the playoffs. Our defense and goaltending is great but if the team cannot generate enough offensive pressure to help the defense out. The team spends too much time chasing the puck in their own zone, only to dump it out and then have to do a line change. The inability for the offense to keep the puck in the offensive zone further hurts the offensive ability of our defensemen.

Sullivan and Dumont are wastes of money and roster spots. Both are done. Svatos is beyond terrible. Wilson is inconsistent and makes too many turnovers. Hornqvist works hard but isn't getting results. Probably due to lines / chemistry. Fisher is a great player but assets should have been used on a scorer. Erat and Legwand's salary should have been spent better.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:54 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Why is everyone stealing my gdt?
Didn't mean to step on any toes, saw there wasn't a GDT and I hadn't made one in a while so thought I'd give it a shot. With this result though I'll refrain from making GDT's for the foreseeable future.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:58 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
we outplayed a team that was finishing 3 games in 4 nights & were playing with 4 AHL Dmen ...
It was a joke..hate using smilies

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Theres a lot of whining cause its the same problem every time and were to consistent at being inconsistent as a team. any normal fan should be frustrated or upset by this.
any normal fan should realize that we have gone through a lot of personel turnover in the last couple weeks, and to have lines and pairing torn apart and pieced back together..it will take some time for things to mesh. and then when people come back?..more time. This team works on heart and hard work. We dont have a Datsyuk, Nash, Etc.. we have to fight tooth and nail to get some of these wins. No,
I dont expect them to consistantly play ALL year long. They cant keep it up all year..if there are teams that do that all year..there might only be a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Maybe just call it a season and hope everyone stays healthy next year.
My point exactly. count to ten

Old
02-22-2011, 10:06 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

I am continually amazed every year how our team is even in the hunt... We just suck. Goaltending has made us look much better than we deserve. This lack of offense is obvious. You look at columbus, and there one forward has more goals than our top 3... Brutal man. Without Vokoun and Peks, we would be itching to be Columbus.... Just saying. We suck...

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:07 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Suter/injuries will likely be blamed, but this team isn't good enough. This team does not have the offense to be a force in the playoffs. Our defense and goaltending is great but if the team cannot generate enough offensive pressure to help the defense out. The team spends too much time chasing the puck in their own zone, only to dump it out and then have to do a line change. The inability for the offense to keep the puck in the offensive zone further hurts the offensive ability of our defensemen.

Sullivan and Dumont are wastes of money and roster spots. Both are done. Svatos is beyond terrible. Wilson is inconsistent and makes too many turnovers. Hornqvist works hard but isn't getting results. Probably due to lines / chemistry. Fisher is a great player but assets should have been used on a scorer. Erat and Legwand's salary should have been spent better.
But other than that, what did you think of the play Mrs. Lincoln?

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:11 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

you're right. we wont be a force in the playoffs. we wont be cup favorites, and probably wont ever in my lifetime. accept that, and things get a little better. What we do have though is a legitimate shot at winning every year..for the hate of poile and trotz, they give me as a fan a glimmer of hope every year because we get in, or have a chance to get in to the playoffs at the end of every year.

could you imagine being a team like edmonton? watching games since the 2nd month that mean absolutely nothing!? I cant. i am greatfull that i get to go to games that at least means something every year. We have a chance every year..as a fan, thats all I ask for, and need. How long has it been since the packers won last? 20 years or so? If the predators win the stanley cup in my lifetime..that would be great, but I dont expect it. It isnt easy to do you know. Not a slight at ownership/team/mgmt/fans. Its just not something that everyone gets to witness.

as far as your second post...you're right again..lets get rid of all of them! bring up guys from the ahl to finish out the season. These are the guys we have boys..dont give up on em. they will give us a chance again this year (or at least enertain us as fans)

Old
02-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

ZOMG THIS TEAM SUCKS! TRADE WEBER! TRADE SUTER! TRADE RINNE! BURN TROTZ AT THE STAKE!

Chill. I know it was a bad game, but it's one game. We were missing Goc, SK, Suter, Lombardi, ORLY, Boullion, etc. This team is proven to be a winning one. We are 5th in the super competitive West. I don't think a single person here wouldn't have taken that at the beginning of the year. This is just a bump in the road and we'll get back on track. Not like we haven't lost before....

I agree we need a scorer, and I hope it happens, but we aren't hopeless without one.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:14 PM
glenngineer

This is nothing new about this team or this franchise. We play well for stretches than look like complete and utter crap for stretches. The only thing that's been relatively good or consistent has been Rinne, much like when we had Vokoun. While losing Suter sucks, we should not have looked as disorganized as we did out there tonight. Abysmal is about the only thing I can say about this performance.

It's been a good month since we've seen the effective aggressive two man forecheck that we had when we were playing relatively well.

I'd rather have Mueller and Halischuk out there than Sully and Dumont. They have wheels and get after people. They play a simple game. Wilson needs to be back with Legwand and Hornqvist as they all have looked like crap since they've been put on different lines. Trotz has no clue where to use Fisher just yet. The PP is back to its old self in that we're looking to pass more than get the puck to the net. We also don't have the ability or willingness to lay a body on anybody.

The only thing that's consistent is our inconsistency. While I held out hope that this year would be different, I'm starting to lose that feeling. I wish we'd either decide to be good or bad but this good/bad roller coaster needs to stop. Either suck or be good but this Jeckyl and Hyde thing needs to stop for my sake and everyone else's for that matter.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Milly79

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
ZOMG THIS TEAM SUCKS! TRADE WEBER! TRADE SUTER! TRADE RINNE! BURN TROTZ AT THE STAKE!

Chill. I know it was a bad game, but it's one game. We were missing Goc, SK, Suter, Lombardi, ORLY, Boullion, etc. This team is proven to be a winning one. We are 5th in the super competitive West. I don't think a single person here wouldn't have taken that at the beginning of the year. This is just a bump in the road and we'll get back on track. Not like we haven't lost before....

I agree we need a scorer, and I hope it happens, but we aren't hopeless without one.
thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisth is

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:20 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
This is nothing new about this team or this franchise. We play well for stretches than look like complete and utter crap for stretches. The only thing that's been relatively good or consistent has been Rinne, much like when we had Vokoun. While losing Suter sucks, we should not have looked as disorganized as we did out there tonight. Abysmal is about the only thing I can say about this performance.

It's been a good month since we've seen the effective aggressive two man forecheck that we had when we were playing relatively well.

I'd rather have Mueller and Halischuk out there than Sully and Dumont. They have wheels and get after people. They play a simple game. Wilson needs to be back with Legwand and Hornqvist as they all have looked like crap since they've been put on different lines. Trotz has no clue where to use Fisher just yet. The PP is back to its old self in that we're looking to pass more than get the puck to the net. We also don't have the ability or willingness to lay a body on anybody.

The only thing that's consistent is our inconsistency. While I held out hope that this year would be different, I'm starting to lose that feeling. I wish we'd either decide to be good or bad but this good/bad roller coaster needs to stop. Either suck or be good but this Jeckyl and Hyde thing needs to stop for my sake and everyone else's for that matter.
i say thissss

Old
02-22-2011, 10:21 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post

One bad game? Other than getting up for Detroit and beating a Vancouver team with 4 AHL defensemen, when was the last time we actually played a solid stretch of games in a row? It's been a month as far as I can recall. It's not one bad game, it's multiple games of not caring and giving half-assed effort. The game is 60 minutes. When we play 60 we usually have decent results. When we play 60, no one comes on here and complains about a bad game. When we see a month of hockey that hasn't equated to any sort of consistency or 60 minute efforts, the moaning starts.

Injuries aside, you either have effort or you don't and right now, we're not exerting much. It even goes to the hit on Suter the other night. The team was in an uproar on the bench about it but when it came time to rise up to the challenge and get after Doan for it, they did nothing. It shows me that there is no heart right now. While they talk about being a tight knit group, it sure doesn't show on the ice.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote