HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #62 @ Carolina Hurricanes

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #62 @ Carolina Hurricanes
Ryan Callahan 5 3.21%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 16 10.26%
Ryan McDonagh 2 1.28%
Vaclav Prospal 1 0.64%
Brandon Prust 0 0%
Michael Sauer 1 0.64%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Wojtek Wolski 124 79.49%
Mats Zuccarello 7 4.49%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Del Zotto had a good game, the goals will come, he's getting his confidence back... lay it to rest already.
I could care less if he scores goals or not. I'm saying he's getting beat and is getting caught flat footed every other shift. In the 5 minute overtime Carolina skated around him twice to get a wide open shot on Hank. I'm not worried about his offensive play it'll eventually come back, but if he's gunna be a defensive liability I'd rather have Eminger playing

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:02 PM
mrhockey193195

Hard for me to choose one, but I gotta go with Wolski. What a game he put out there today. I hope he can string a few more like this together, he was flat out dominant with the puck. A few other notes:

-Love the Wolski-Stepan-Zucc line. What a game they played, and what chemistry these guys have. I hope they can keep playing like this.

-McD was sensational today, as usual. He got beat a couple times by Cole and Staal, but otherwise he was very, very solid. Looked like a veteran out there, and came through big with the extra icetime in the 3rd.

-Sauer was very good, though a little shaky at times. Missed coverage on the second goal by Jokinen, and had a bit of trouble otherwise in the game. But he made some phenominal plays to make up for it.

-Henrik was outstanding. Sad that people who didn't watch the game will see the 3 GA and not understand just how well he played.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
My stream crapped out on me dude, I missed all of the third period, but from everything else he looked good.
It's all good, I'm not calling for your head!!! Just saying he isn't in the running for the POTG. He has been solid all year long, pretty amazing he has been our 3rd best d-man all season.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Media Savvy Lee, please explain to me what makes Luongo elite but not Lundqvist.

I'd also like to know why Fleury is elite, but not Lundqvist. His career numbers don't even begin to approach Lundqvist's, while he has played for a vastly superior franchise. He has a Cup but no Vezina. From this I can also conclude that JS Giguere and Nikolai Khabibulin are elite, correct?
Dude, Giguere in his prime was an absolute beast! And one of the best playoff performers of his era. Maybe not "elite" but as close as you can get to it.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Punxrocknyc19*

The Good: they played more physical and thats a good thing, the pp looked better. Hank Callahan Prust Avery Wolski Stepan and Zucc had good games

the bad: bad coverage, stupid penalties like the prospal slash, bad defensive coverage at times. christensen give away for the Staal shorthanded chance.

the redden: how is Gilroy in the NHL, he should be in the AHL fulltime and doesnt have NHL skills at all.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
lebear
I have no idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
It still surprises me every time he talks.
His family moved to Canada when he was like 5

lebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
darko

POTG: Wolski
The Good: Hank, Sauer, MDZ, Callahan, NcDonagh, Zucca
The Bad: defensive breakdowns
The Redden: Gilroy

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Special

POTG: Wolski

The Good: Callahan, the forecheck is back, Hank as usual (you're not winning this gane without him)

The Bad: Everyone screaming to get rid of players before we REALLY know what they can do

The Ugly: Staal on Staal, this will make for an awkward Thanksgiving....

The Yoda: Biron

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Our shootout crew is absolutely tops in the league. Maybe the best 4 man group ever.

And with Henrik in net we rarely need more than one of them to score.

HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I've been critical of him, but the POTG was easily Hank. He played lights out and was the reason why we won. I wish we didn't, but realistically we need this kind of performance every night.

Other standouts:

McD-Sauer pairing, except for the third goal. Provided the usual solid defensive play and also moved the puck really well - better than our "puck moving" pair.

Wolski - Shootout was obviously huge, as was the GTG, but the guy brought a really good effort tonight. Easy to root for.

The bad:

Obviously, Staalsy. If he is out for an extended period of time we might as well kiss the playoffs goodbye. As much as I do think it was a headshot it was really close and his head hitting the ice was what did the damage. Hopefully it's not too serious.

MorrisWanchuk

for the Gilroy haters...... WW just gave huge props to Gilroy for his play on the boards to keep the puck in the zone for his tying goal.

We've got a young D. There are going to be bumps in the road. The kids have to play at this point and work though it.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post

-Henrik was outstanding. Sad that people who didn't watch the game will see the 3 GA and not understand just how well he played.
Even fans that did see the game don't understand how well he played. That is the sad part. Guy made a ton of tremendous saves tonight.

Old
02-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Media Savvy Lee, please explain to me what makes Luongo elite but not Lundqvist.

I'd also like to know why Fleury is elite, but not Lundqvist. His career numbers don't even begin to approach Lundqvist's, while he has played for a vastly superior franchise. He has a Cup but no Vezina. From this I can also conclude that JS Giguere and Nikolai Khabibulin are elite, correct?

I have no idea why that poster hates Hank so much. Literally every goal is Hank's fault. Seeing his list of elite goaltenders made it all even funnier.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:06 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Our shootout crew is absolutely tops in the league. Maybe the best 4 man group ever.

And with Henrik in net we rarely need more than one of them to score.
good thing they just announced that all playoff games will be decided by shootout

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Player of the Game
Wojtek Wolski - he's hot

The Good
Ryan McDonagh & Michael Sauer - overcame a few mistakes to play solid games
Martin Biron - shoot top corner, you will

The Bad
Marc Staal - what the **** Eric, you *********

The Redden
Matt Gilroy - what the **** Matt, you *********

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Everyone that is still bashing Michael Del Zotto, did you see the 2 plays he made on the 2 on 1, and 3 on 1.

He missed a shot, oh that sucks, so did a lot of other people.

IF Del Zotto or Gilroy made the same play Sauer did on that 3rd period, he would be getting destroyed!

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:08 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
I found it very funny and pathetic how MDZ got beat 2 or 3 teams by the same exact move from cole. Honestly, wtf? You don't know he has insane speed and can beat you?
Agreed... Dunno why people choose to ignore it either.

If you want him to continue playing because he's young, fine, but at least identify the fact that the guy has been awful. Especially defensively.

Again... SHould have never made the Rozy trade. Even considering that Wolski has been good for the most part.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
good thing they just announced that all playoff games will be decided by shootout
LOL

It's true. Rangers need to find a way to win more games in regulation / OT but right now I'll take the points. I'm not expecting much more than a five game first round knock out IF we do make the playoffs.

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
Everyone that is still bashing Michael Del Zotto, did you see the 2 plays he made on the 2 on 1, and 3 on 1.

He missed a shot, oh that sucks, so did a lot of other people.

IF Del Zotto or Gilroy made the same play Sauer did on that 3rd period, he would be getting destroyed!
And if McDonagh made the defensive play MDZ did he'd be getting lauded for having the smarts of a 10 year veteran.

It makes me sick how fast you guys turned on MDZ when he's not even our worst d-man, and was far from our worst d-man this game.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pugs35

Quote:
Why do you even watch the games if you're so miserable? What's the point?

Pugs35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
I thought that we weren't going to make it to the playoffs because we lose all of our big games?

In that case it shouldn't matter.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

I think it's an absolute disgrace that with every game comes a Lundqvist discussion on this board. It amazes me how some people fail to appreciate the best player on the team, and the guy who is going to beat Mike Richter's win total. Lundqvist is a superstar, and a legend in the making. If you don't want him, fine. I know a Flyers fan, a Penguins fan, and several Islanders fans. We'll have Sather make a few calls, and any one of them would have Hank in a heartbeat. And that's just our division, there's 5 other ones.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
darko

Quote:
Del Zotto had a good game, the goals will come, he's getting his confidence back... lay it to rest already.

Yes. 1 of the better games MDZ played this season. He was good on 3on1 and 2on1 breakaways. Needs to hit the net but he looked good out there.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAB0RIK View Post
I could care less if he scores goals or not. I'm saying he's getting beat and is getting caught flat footed every other shift. In the 5 minute overtime Carolina skated around him twice to get a wide open shot on Hank. I'm not worried about his offensive play it'll eventually come back, but if he's gunna be a defensive liability I'd rather have Eminger playing
You know who else had defensive lapses from time to time? and would sometimes let the puck skip over his stick blade at the point on the power play? and the New York fans and Rangers Management got impatient with? and ultimately he ot traded?

Zubov

and we regretted it for years

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:11 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Agreed... Dunno why people choose to ignore it either.

If you want him to continue playing because he's young, fine, but at least identify the fact that the guy has been awful. Especially defensively.

Again... SHould have never made the Rozy trade. Even considering that Wolski has been good for the most part.
how can the Rozy trade be anything other than good? We're not going anywhere with Rozy. We might do with the kids who are now gonna play. We get a skill guy in WW and we lose cap. What's not to like?

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote