HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Don't look now but Tinordi has 6 points in his last 12 games.

Old
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Nice,I see him as a shutdown defenceman with a huge upside of fear around the Habs goalcrease.Bring it Tinordi.

Old
02-21-2011, 09:22 PM
pine*

Quote:
Sorry, couldn't resist looking.

Old
02-21-2011, 09:26 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
I looked!
Now what happens?

But that's nice to see

Old
02-22-2011, 04:51 PM
habspinner

Read this scouting report on Bournival that disappointed me. I had understood he had decent speed, and he looked like he had decent speed the few times that I saw him this year. For anyone that has seen him play any amount, does this seem accurate?

LW Michael Bournival, Montreal Canadiens (Shawinigan)

Drafted by Colorado in the 2010 Draft, Michael Bournival was dealt to Montreal this year in the Ryan O'Byrne trade. While Bournival has put up decent counting numbers over the last two QMJHL seasons, he doesn't have much offensive upside and projects as a bottom-six guy at best. He is solid physically around the sideboards and is displays good work ethic. He excels in the cycle game when he can protect the puck and work it around to his teammates. His puck skills are fair, but his skating is the real issue that will hold him back. He's a fringe skater and looks very awkward at times especially when trying to burst up the ice. His even-strength defensive awareness is fine, but his penalty killing could use some work.

Taken from: http://puckprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=832

Old
02-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Read this scouting report on Bournival that disappointed me. I had understood he had decent speed, and he looked like he had decent speed the few times that I saw him this year. For anyone that has seen him play any amount, does this seem accurate?

LW Michael Bournival, Montreal Canadiens (Shawinigan)

Drafted by Colorado in the 2010 Draft, Michael Bournival was dealt to Montreal this year in the Ryan O'Byrne trade. While Bournival has put up decent counting numbers over the last two QMJHL seasons, he doesn't have much offensive upside and projects as a bottom-six guy at best. He is solid physically around the sideboards and is displays good work ethic. He excels in the cycle game when he can protect the puck and work it around to his teammates. His puck skills are fair, but his skating is the real issue that will hold him back. He's a fringe skater and looks very awkward at times especially when trying to burst up the ice. His even-strength defensive awareness is fine, but his penalty killing could use some work.

Taken from: http://puckprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=832
Skating will not be what will hold him back. Surely, you can wonder how he will adapt offensively in the higher levels. He's a good skater, not explosive, but surely not anything that will hold him back.

Anyway, a scouting report is just like another one....It's as good as you want it to be. For me, there are a couple of interesting ones. Yet, when he calls Danault a "fringe" physical player, he lost me there.....Danault, as he grows, will end up as solid as any 3rd liner you find in the game today. I don't believe Danault will ever be a 2nd liner. I don't see it, but his physical and grit type of game will make him a great addition in an NHL team. But then, it's just my point of view...which is just another scouting report.

Old
02-22-2011, 10:36 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

I like Corey Pronman (the author of the article) a lot. always get great insight from him but couldn't disagree more with Bournival skating being an issue. he's no pavel bure but he's no Chipchura either. Like Whitesnake said skating won't hold him back.

2015 QMJHL Draft Guide is now available HERE
Old
02-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
I like Corey Pronman (the author of the article) a lot. always get great insight from him but couldn't disagree more with Bournival skating being an issue. he's no pavel bure but he's no Chipchura either. Like Whitesnake said skating won't hold him back.
I've read people saying he's really fast especially during the Subway Super Series.

Old
02-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
I've read people saying he's really fast especially during the Subway Super Series.
Yeah don't know what this guy is talking about. I saw him play a game this year against Chicoutimi and he looked like one of the fastest guys out there. Made lots of smart plays with the puck, he looked very mature compared to most of the other players out there.

Old
02-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
He's elusive. I will not say he's lightning fast. It needs some work. But he's a good all-around skater that does add a notch or two once in a while but could do it more often. But mostly, it's nothing like the guy ever suggested.

Old
02-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Yeah don't know what this guy is talking about. I saw him play a game this year against Chicoutimi and he looked like one of the fastest guys out there. Made lots of smart plays with the puck, he looked very mature compared to most of the other players out there.
Uploaded a goal just to show he's not slow at all:

Old
02-23-2011, 12:03 AM
habspinner

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have to be honest, right now Bournival is one of my favorite prospects. I was really happy with the return we got back for O'Byrne. I hated to see him traded, but I did like the fact that we got a pretty solid prospect back for him.

He's intriguing, he could really go either way. I've heard some really positive comments on him from McKenzie both during the trials of the WJC and his work ethic appears to be second to none.

Anyways, we'll see I guess. I have a good feeling about this kid. I think as well if he can come in at the same time or similar to Leblanc it could shelter Leblanc from the media fishbowl.

Old
02-23-2011, 07:28 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have to be honest, right now Bournival is one of my favorite prospects. I was really happy with the return we got back for O'Byrne. I hated to see him traded, but I did like the fact that we got a pretty solid prospect back for him.

He's intriguing, he could really go either way. I've heard some really positive comments on him from McKenzie both during the trials of the WJC and his work ethic appears to be second to none.

Anyways, we'll see I guess. I have a good feeling about this kid. I think as well if he can come in at the same time or similar to Leblanc it could shelter Leblanc from the media fishbowl.
I honestly see them playing together but that's just me

Old
02-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

* Drummondville Voltigeurs forward Sean Couturier is the TELUS first star of the week. He scored five goals in two games.

* Acadie-Bathurst Titan goaltender Olivier Roy is the TELUS second star of the week. He had a 1.30 average, .957 save percentage and won all three of his starts.

* Montreal Juniors forward Louis Leblanc is the TELUS third star of the week. He had six points, including three goals, in three games.

Old
02-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
I think he'll be an average NHL skater...the strength of his game is that he is smart and will never get outworked. In the NHL he'll be an averge skilled guy but possibly an overachiever because of his grit and work ethic. He would jump in in 2-3 years and play a top 6 role but I could see him work his way up there.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
* Drummondville Voltigeurs forward Sean Couturier is the TELUS first star of the week. He scored five goals in two games.

* Acadie-Bathurst Titan goaltender Olivier Roy is the TELUS second star of the week. He had a 1.30 average, .957 save percentage and won all three of his starts.

* Montreal Juniors forward Louis Leblanc is the TELUS third star of the week. He had six points, including three goals, in three games.
Early game for Leblanc and the Juniors today. Leblanc has 3 points through 2 periods. Looks like he's back on track!

Old
02-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Early game for Leblanc and the Juniors today. Leblanc has 3 points through 2 periods. Looks like he's back on track!
Nice, been on a really good streak lately

Old
02-23-2011, 01:28 PM
KristoLeblanc*

21-28-49 in 43 games.

He has been picking up lately. If I'm right, its 4 goals - 5 assists in his last 4 games.

Very sad that he had a 7 or 8 games streak without any points, hurts his overall stats.

Old
02-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristoLeblanc View Post
21-28-49 in 43 games.

He has been picking up lately. If I'm right, its 4 goals - 5 assists in his last 4 games.

Very sad that he had a 7 or 8 games streak without any points, hurts his overall stats.
I think missing Hertzberg who was out with a concussion, plus the length of schedule has impacted his stats. When he is on he can reel off 3-4 multi point games in a row but then he seem to hit a wall and go a few games with nothing...given his truculent style I'm sure adding 10-15 lbs would help him a lot.

Old
02-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristoLeblanc View Post
21-28-49 in 43 games.

As long as he ends the year strong, meaning great playoff stats (where it counts) I don't think anyone will care that he had a less than awesome regular season. I won't anyway. Don't forget that Leblanc and Tinordi are both adjusting to playing in a different league this year.

Old
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
neopreneur

Here is Louis' season game log:
http://lhjmq.leaguestat.com/fr/stats...ame.php?id=537

He went 8 games with no points and has now followed that up with 9 points (4g 5a) in 4 games.

I've only seen him play twice this year in the Q and he was just OK. He played much better at the Worlds so I'm not quite sure what to think of him. Has anyone seen him play lately?

Old
02-23-2011, 03:05 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopreneur View Post
Here is Louis' season game log:
http://lhjmq.leaguestat.com/fr/stats...ame.php?id=537

He went 8 games with no points and has now followed that up with 9 points (4g 5a) in 4 games.

I've only seen him play twice this year in the Q and he was just OK. He played much better at the Worlds so I'm not quite sure what to think of him. Has anyone seen him play lately?
It's funny, just looking at the stats from the Montreal Juniors, they don't seem to be scoring very much. Would Louis be scoring much more with a better supporting cast?

Old
02-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Estimated_Prophet

This obsession with Leblanc's stats is ridiculous. He is a two-way forward who projects to be a very good third line forward in the NHL.

Regardless of the stats he produces, he is what he is and that is fine with me as the kid is a winner.

Old
02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Guilliam

I actually agree with Mathias Brunet who said on his blog that he expects Leblanc to be some kind of a mixture between Plekanec and Lapierre.

A tireless worker, most likely a winger, that excels in all three zones and could put around 40 points a season on the board. Sort of a 20-20 kinda guy.

Old
02-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I actually agree with Mathias Brunet who said on his blog that he expects Leblanc to be some kind of a mixture between Plekanec and Lapierre.

A tireless worker, most likely a winger, that excels in all three zones and could put around 40 points a season on the board. Sort of a 20-20 kinda guy.
By the way, 3 pts for Leblanc tonight...

Closed Thread