HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2011, 12:54 AM
  #751
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,458
vCash: 500
Allegedly, he's been lazy/apathetic this year. He could probably use a change of scenery.

He could be a decent option, but I'd still prefer a winger to play on the top line. Hemsky would be great, but probably too expensive. I'm still on the Kovalev for a 3rd bandwagon; nothing to lose.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 01:05 AM
  #752
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Milan Michalek or David Booth are the 2 best players available when it comes to our needs

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 01:22 AM
  #753
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,316
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Milan Michalek or David Booth are the 2 best players available when it comes to our needs
I think it is more accurate to say that Michalek and Booth are the two best players available when it comes to our budget.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now  
Old
02-23-2011, 01:41 AM
  #754
I Am Ziggy Palffy
Registered User
 
I Am Ziggy Palffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

.
nice highlights...but it didnt include one of the most amazing goals i have ever seen scored..some years back, i saw connolly deke his way through 3-4 defenders in traffic and roof the puck on a backhand. i thought i was watching mario lemieux score that goal..

health is an issue, but being a contract year, i would say give the guy 20 games and a playoff to boost his stock. he's still in his prime...i see quite a bit of upside ot such a deal...but with the prices we see now, even a question mark like TC can cost more than we'd like.

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 01:52 AM
  #755
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Dean gets Connolly and I will quietly flip out. How many often injured, low risk, low reward moves can a freaking GM make.
There are always defects when you shop from the bargain bins!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 01:52 AM
  #756
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Just a few notes.

1. Someone needs to remind Dancing Boy that LA did get past the first round under the DT regime!

2. Connolly is a player I have been hoping LA traded for ever since we moved our 1st rd pick in his draft yr in the Palffy deal. Truly sick hands in the kovalev skill range. But obviously like Kovalev needs to bring more consistency.

3. Rumors are Richards wants to play for Torts in NY. Dallas now sits in 11th in the West and would be wise to move him. Maybe a 3way deal with us sending our 1st rd pick or Voynov/Hickey to Dallas?

Dallas- LA 1st rd pick and NYR 1st rd pick
NYR-Richards
LA-Wolski

Some will argue we should go after Richards but IMO he signs in NY in the offseason so why rent him for a couple months at the cost of picks/prospects? Wolski is only 25 and plays LW and C. He's 6'3 210lbs and is signed untl 2011-12. He is then a RFA. His cap hit is $3.8M. He has gamebreaking ability but like Kopitar sometimes doesn't bring it on a nightly basis. Would look great on Kopitars LW IMO.

northernKing is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 01:55 AM
  #757
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,718
vCash: 500
Connolly has some sick hands.

Ollie Weeks is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 01:59 AM
  #758
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,316
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
nice highlights...but it didnt include one of the most amazing goals i have ever seen scored..some years back, i saw connolly deke his way through 3-4 defenders in traffic and roof the puck on a backhand. i thought i was watching mario lemieux score that goal..

health is an issue, but being a contract year, i would say give the guy 20 games and a playoff to boost his stock. he's still in his prime...i see quite a bit of upside ot such a deal...but with the prices we see now, even a question mark like TC can cost more than we'd like.
He has a wicked set of hands, but he is an underachiever and has health concerns. He was a 5th overall pick and after 10 NHL seasons, he has yet to score 20 goals, he is a decent playmaker though, and likely is cheaper than Hemsky. It is up in the air, but he wouldn't be my first choice, or anywhere near it really.

Telos is online now  
Old
02-23-2011, 02:07 AM
  #759
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Dean gets Connolly and I will quietly flip out. How many often injured, low risk, low reward moves can a freaking GM make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
There are always defects when you shop from the bargain bins!
Its pretty funny how perception works on this board....if you exclude this year, Connolly/Hemsky PPG the last 3 years are almost identical...yet if DL gets Hemsky he is "brave" and "bold" "trying to win now" but if he goes for Connolly "no balls" "bargain shopping" "is afraid to make the big move"....put thats what happens when 90% of the board gets their opinions from other posters on here.

KingLB is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 02:15 AM
  #760
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,446
vCash: 50
Connolly should be easy to get. That isn't my concern. First is that we have no room at center to bring him back and I'd like to have somebody past this season. Second is that if for some crazy reason we did bring him back he could have another 2 game season. 50 games is likely but not certain? Seems great. Third is that he's a center and Hemsky's not. This guy could get obliterated in the West. What are we doing trading for somebody who hasn't scored 20 goals in a season? Sometimes I'm confused.

I don't really want easy to get, I want a good catch and someone to gel with our #1 center. For the record I worry about Hemsky's injury history too, but he's a winger and not a center which we need far more.

So keeping everything I said in mind, if we could get Connolly for a 2nd or 3rd I'd do it. I mean it's just a pick. But I still want a winger.


Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-23-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Live in the Now is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 02:35 AM
  #761
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Connolly should be easy to get. That isn't my concern. First is that we have no room at center to bring him back and I'd like to have somebody past this season. Second is that if for some crazy reason we did bring him back he could have another 2 game season. 50 games is likely but not certain? Seems great. Third is that he's a center and Hemsky's not. This guy could get obliterated in the West. What are we doing trading for somebody who hasn't scored 20 goals in a season? Sometimes I'm confused.

I don't really want easy to get, I want a good catch and someone to gel with our #1 center. For the record I worry about Hemsky's injury history too, but he's a winger and not a center which we need far more.

So keeping everything I said in mind, if we could get Connolly for a 2nd or 3rd I'd do it. I mean it's just a pick. But I still want a winger.
I agree with most of what your saying, its just funny how perception of Hemsky/Connolly are completely different when more or less they are the exact same player except one plays wing the other center.

Also don't know if Connolly has ever played wing, I feel like if he could a line of him Stoll/Brown would work well with Smyth/Williams pushing back to Kopi.

KingLB is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 02:40 AM
  #762
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,316
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Connolly plays both center and left wing. They are the same player, in a distant sense. Hemsky is a much more skilled playmaker, and his hands are slighly below Connolly's he just has a greater hockey sense. But they are two players who are often injured and put up a boat load of assists more than they do goals, but Hemsky definitely has the edge in the goal scoring department. I think he could pot 25 and maybe more next to Kopitar; whereas with Connolly, he should be lingering around just under to exactly 20.

Telos is online now  
Old
02-23-2011, 03:20 AM
  #763
JJTopper
Registered Creeper
 
JJTopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I agree with most of what your saying, its just funny how perception of Hemsky/Connolly are completely different when more or less they are the exact same player except one plays wing the other center.

Also don't know if Connolly has ever played wing, I feel like if he could a line of him Stoll/Brown would work well with Smyth/Williams pushing back to Kopi.
To be fair, Connolly has missed almost double the amount of games Hemsky has over the past 5 years:

Connolly
2005-2006: 19
2006-2007: 80
2007-2008: 34
2008-2009: 34
2009-2010: 9
Total: 176

Hemsky
2005-2006: 1
2006-2007: 18
2007-2008: 8
2008-2009: 10
2009-2010: 60
Total: 97

Not trying to argue anything really...just putting the comparison into perspective a little better. Personally, I don't think you guys will trade for Hemmer. There are cheaper options out there. And where your team's at right now (in terms of developing into a contender), I wouldn't mortgage the future either. (ie Schenn). You're getting pretty close though!

JJTopper is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 03:25 AM
  #764
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Milan Michalek or David Booth are the 2 best players available when it comes to our needs
Yeah we definitely need more overpaid mediocre players.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 10:30 AM
  #765
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Some good stuff in the Daily Debate today about the Kings from Lebrun and Burnside, regarding Richards, Neal, Stasny, Hemsky and Booth.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...n-trade-market

JBernierFan is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
  #766
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,316
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Some good stuff in the Daily Debate today about the Kings from Lebrun and Burnside, regarding Richards, Neal, Stasny, Hemsky and Booth.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...n-trade-market
I like Richards, he is more versatile, and can actually play the point unlike Stoll, but not at the price of Schenn, even with a signed contract. I don't think Richards signs a contract with LA anyways. Right now, I think we should just hold out till the deadline and see if we can't get some of these teams to come off their high horse and deal some of these other players like Booth or Hemsky. They aren't going to get the price they are asking for, and both players have injury histories. If they don't trade them now, they will likely garner less next year, especially Hemsky since he is turning into a rental. I think Edmonton can be dealt with, but Dean needs to open the coffers a little and shell out some prospects like Hickey or Teubert, in a recent blog (maybe McKenzie?) it was said that he was unwilling to deal his top prospects. I have a hard time believing Edmonton doesn't cave if you put like a 1st + Moller + Hickey out there and wait for the deadline.

The odds aren't good enough to bet on, but I think Hemsky is the guy, hopefully a deal gets done.

Telos is online now  
Old
02-23-2011, 10:50 AM
  #767
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 863
Some good **** in here


http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...n-trade-market

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 11:05 AM
  #768
ibleedkings
Is this real?
 
ibleedkings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Quartz Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post


Where there's smoke....

ibleedkings is online now  
Old
02-23-2011, 11:06 AM
  #769
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
I don't think Richards signs a contract with LA anyways.
Agreed. He may sign with Dallas if they get their ownership figured out since he's been there for a few years, but why would he sign with the Kings before hitting July 1st?

Quote:
Right now, I think we should just hold out till the deadline and see if we can't get some of these teams to come off their high horse and deal some of these other players like Booth or Hemsky. They aren't going to get the price they are asking for, and both players have injury histories. If they don't trade them now, they will likely garner less next year, especially Hemsky since he is turning into a rental. I think Edmonton can be dealt with, but Dean needs to open the coffers a little and shell out some prospects like Hickey or Teubert, in a recent blog (maybe McKenzie?) it was said that he was unwilling to deal his top prospects. I have a hard time believing Edmonton doesn't cave if you put like a 1st + Moller + Hickey out there and wait for the deadline.
I have a hard time believing Edmonton would cave with that offer. Stewart and Neal both went for young defensemen with NHL experience. Edmonton has no reason to settle for less than that in terms of value. Maybe next year, but not this year. Moller, Hickey, and a mid 1st rd pick don't match Johnson or Goligoski.

KingsFan7824 is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 11:07 AM
  #770
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Me likes me some Richards, but not as a rental-man!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 11:08 AM
  #771
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Where there's smoke....
exactly

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 11:09 AM
  #772
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 500
There's some good **** in here!
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...n-trade-market

Martyros is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 11:11 AM
  #773
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,142
vCash: 558
Hey guys, Stars fan coming in peace! With the Richards stuff surfacing I wanted to run something by you guys to gauge some stuff.

Schenn
JJ

For

Richards

Is this fair? Dallas HAS to get a legit top 2 defender for him and a beast prospect. No first would be needed for this trade in my opinion, so you don't suffer in the draft however, you give up a solid #2 Dman and a blue chip prospect. Seems really fair to me with the only stain on it being Brad is a rental (possibly) He loves warmer climates and smaller hockey markets though, so thered be a pretty damn good chance he'd re-sign.

Just curious, also you guys have THE best jersey in hockey with that black and white almost throwback look, love it!

Cin is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 11:14 AM
  #774
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Hey guys, Stars fan coming in peace! With the Richards stuff surfacing I wanted to run something by you guys to gauge some stuff.

Schenn
JJ

For

Richards

Is this fair? Dallas HAS to get a legit top 2 defender for him and a beast prospect. No first would be needed for this trade in my opinion, so you don't suffer in the draft however, you give up a solid #2 Dman and a blue chip prospect. Seems really fair to me with the only stain on it being Brad is a rental (possibly) He loves warmer climates and smaller hockey markets though, so thered be a pretty damn good chance he'd re-sign.

Just curious, also you guys have THE best jersey in hockey with that black and white almost throwback look, love it!
For a signed Richards, I would trade Schenn

JJ, no

I would offer Hickey, Martinez, Drewiske, or The Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
02-23-2011, 11:14 AM
  #775
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,316
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Hey guys, Stars fan coming in peace! With the Richards stuff surfacing I wanted to run something by you guys to gauge some stuff.

Schenn
JJ

For

Richards

Is this fair? Dallas HAS to get a legit top 2 defender for him and a beast prospect. No first would be needed for this trade in my opinion, so you don't suffer in the draft however, you give up a solid #2 Dman and a blue chip prospect. Seems really fair to me with the only stain on it being Brad is a rental (possibly) He loves warmer climates and smaller hockey markets though, so thered be a pretty damn good chance he'd re-sign.

Just curious, also you guys have THE best jersey in hockey with that black and white almost throwback look, love it!
Impossible. Too much, especially if there is no contract in hand during the deal. Johnson will be a King for quite a while, otherwise Neal would be a King right now.

Telos is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.