HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2011, 12:54 AM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Allegedly, he's been lazy/apathetic this year. He could probably use a change of scenery.

He could be a decent option, but I'd still prefer a winger to play on the top line. Hemsky would be great, but probably too expensive. I'm still on the Kovalev for a 3rd bandwagon; nothing to lose.

Old
02-23-2011, 01:05 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Milan Michalek or David Booth are the 2 best players available when it comes to our needs

Old
02-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Milan Michalek or David Booth are the 2 best players available when it comes to our needs
I think it is more accurate to say that Michalek and Booth are the two best players available when it comes to our budget.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-23-2011, 01:41 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

nice highlights...but it didnt include one of the most amazing goals i have ever seen scored..some years back, i saw connolly deke his way through 3-4 defenders in traffic and roof the puck on a backhand. i thought i was watching mario lemieux score that goal..

health is an issue, but being a contract year, i would say give the guy 20 games and a playoff to boost his stock. he's still in his prime...i see quite a bit of upside ot such a deal...but with the prices we see now, even a question mark like TC can cost more than we'd like.

Old
02-23-2011, 01:52 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Dean gets Connolly and I will quietly flip out. How many often injured, low risk, low reward moves can a freaking GM make.
There are always defects when you shop from the bargain bins!

Old
02-23-2011, 01:52 AM
northernKing

Just a few notes.

1. Someone needs to remind Dancing Boy that LA did get past the first round under the DT regime!

2. Connolly is a player I have been hoping LA traded for ever since we moved our 1st rd pick in his draft yr in the Palffy deal. Truly sick hands in the kovalev skill range. But obviously like Kovalev needs to bring more consistency.

3. Rumors are Richards wants to play for Torts in NY. Dallas now sits in 11th in the West and would be wise to move him. Maybe a 3way deal with us sending our 1st rd pick or Voynov/Hickey to Dallas?

Dallas- LA 1st rd pick and NYR 1st rd pick
NYR-Richards
LA-Wolski

Some will argue we should go after Richards but IMO he signs in NY in the offseason so why rent him for a couple months at the cost of picks/prospects? Wolski is only 25 and plays LW and C. He's 6'3 210lbs and is signed untl 2011-12. He is then a RFA. His cap hit is $3.8M. He has gamebreaking ability but like Kopitar sometimes doesn't bring it on a nightly basis. Would look great on Kopitars LW IMO.

Old
02-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Ollie Weeks

Connolly has some sick hands.

Old
02-23-2011, 01:59 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
nice highlights...but it didnt include one of the most amazing goals i have ever seen scored..some years back, i saw connolly deke his way through 3-4 defenders in traffic and roof the puck on a backhand. i thought i was watching mario lemieux score that goal..

health is an issue, but being a contract year, i would say give the guy 20 games and a playoff to boost his stock. he's still in his prime...i see quite a bit of upside ot such a deal...but with the prices we see now, even a question mark like TC can cost more than we'd like.
He has a wicked set of hands, but he is an underachiever and has health concerns. He was a 5th overall pick and after 10 NHL seasons, he has yet to score 20 goals, he is a decent playmaker though, and likely is cheaper than Hemsky. It is up in the air, but he wouldn't be my first choice, or anywhere near it really.

Old
02-23-2011, 02:07 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Dean gets Connolly and I will quietly flip out. How many often injured, low risk, low reward moves can a freaking GM make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
There are always defects when you shop from the bargain bins!
Its pretty funny how perception works on this board....if you exclude this year, Connolly/Hemsky PPG the last 3 years are almost identical...yet if DL gets Hemsky he is "brave" and "bold" "trying to win now" but if he goes for Connolly "no balls" "bargain shopping" "is afraid to make the big move"....put thats what happens when 90% of the board gets their opinions from other posters on here.

Old
02-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Connolly should be easy to get. That isn't my concern. First is that we have no room at center to bring him back and I'd like to have somebody past this season. Second is that if for some crazy reason we did bring him back he could have another 2 game season. 50 games is likely but not certain? Seems great. Third is that he's a center and Hemsky's not. This guy could get obliterated in the West. What are we doing trading for somebody who hasn't scored 20 goals in a season? Sometimes I'm confused.

I don't really want easy to get, I want a good catch and someone to gel with our #1 center. For the record I worry about Hemsky's injury history too, but he's a winger and not a center which we need far more.

So keeping everything I said in mind, if we could get Connolly for a 2nd or 3rd I'd do it. I mean it's just a pick. But I still want a winger.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-23-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old
02-23-2011, 02:35 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Connolly should be easy to get. That isn't my concern. First is that we have no room at center to bring him back and I'd like to have somebody past this season. Second is that if for some crazy reason we did bring him back he could have another 2 game season. 50 games is likely but not certain? Seems great. Third is that he's a center and Hemsky's not. This guy could get obliterated in the West. What are we doing trading for somebody who hasn't scored 20 goals in a season? Sometimes I'm confused.

I don't really want easy to get, I want a good catch and someone to gel with our #1 center. For the record I worry about Hemsky's injury history too, but he's a winger and not a center which we need far more.

So keeping everything I said in mind, if we could get Connolly for a 2nd or 3rd I'd do it. I mean it's just a pick. But I still want a winger.
I agree with most of what your saying, its just funny how perception of Hemsky/Connolly are completely different when more or less they are the exact same player except one plays wing the other center.

Also don't know if Connolly has ever played wing, I feel like if he could a line of him Stoll/Brown would work well with Smyth/Williams pushing back to Kopi.

Old
02-23-2011, 02:40 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Connolly plays both center and left wing. They are the same player, in a distant sense. Hemsky is a much more skilled playmaker, and his hands are slighly below Connolly's he just has a greater hockey sense. But they are two players who are often injured and put up a boat load of assists more than they do goals, but Hemsky definitely has the edge in the goal scoring department. I think he could pot 25 and maybe more next to Kopitar; whereas with Connolly, he should be lingering around just under to exactly 20.

Old
02-23-2011, 03:20 AM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I agree with most of what your saying, its just funny how perception of Hemsky/Connolly are completely different when more or less they are the exact same player except one plays wing the other center.

Also don't know if Connolly has ever played wing, I feel like if he could a line of him Stoll/Brown would work well with Smyth/Williams pushing back to Kopi.
To be fair, Connolly has missed almost double the amount of games Hemsky has over the past 5 years:

Connolly
2005-2006: 19
2006-2007: 80
2007-2008: 34
2008-2009: 34
2009-2010: 9
Total: 176

Hemsky
2005-2006: 1
2006-2007: 18
2007-2008: 8
2008-2009: 10
2009-2010: 60
Total: 97

Not trying to argue anything really...just putting the comparison into perspective a little better. Personally, I don't think you guys will trade for Hemmer. There are cheaper options out there. And where your team's at right now (in terms of developing into a contender), I wouldn't mortgage the future either. (ie Schenn). You're getting pretty close though!

Old
02-23-2011, 03:25 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Yeah we definitely need more overpaid mediocre players.

Old
02-23-2011, 10:30 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Some good stuff in the Daily Debate today about the Kings from Lebrun and Burnside, regarding Richards, Neal, Stasny, Hemsky and Booth.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...n-trade-market

Old
02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Some good stuff in the Daily Debate today about the Kings from Lebrun and Burnside, regarding Richards, Neal, Stasny, Hemsky and Booth.

I like Richards, he is more versatile, and can actually play the point unlike Stoll, but not at the price of Schenn, even with a signed contract. I don't think Richards signs a contract with LA anyways. Right now, I think we should just hold out till the deadline and see if we can't get some of these teams to come off their high horse and deal some of these other players like Booth or Hemsky. They aren't going to get the price they are asking for, and both players have injury histories. If they don't trade them now, they will likely garner less next year, especially Hemsky since he is turning into a rental. I think Edmonton can be dealt with, but Dean needs to open the coffers a little and shell out some prospects like Hickey or Teubert, in a recent blog (maybe McKenzie?) it was said that he was unwilling to deal his top prospects. I have a hard time believing Edmonton doesn't cave if you put like a 1st + Moller + Hickey out there and wait for the deadline.

The odds aren't good enough to bet on, but I think Hemsky is the guy, hopefully a deal gets done.

Old
02-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Some good **** in here

Old
02-23-2011, 11:05 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

Where there's smoke....

Old
02-23-2011, 11:06 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
I don't think Richards signs a contract with LA anyways.
Agreed. He may sign with Dallas if they get their ownership figured out since he's been there for a few years, but why would he sign with the Kings before hitting July 1st?

Quote:
Right now, I think we should just hold out till the deadline and see if we can't get some of these teams to come off their high horse and deal some of these other players like Booth or Hemsky. They aren't going to get the price they are asking for, and both players have injury histories. If they don't trade them now, they will likely garner less next year, especially Hemsky since he is turning into a rental. I think Edmonton can be dealt with, but Dean needs to open the coffers a little and shell out some prospects like Hickey or Teubert, in a recent blog (maybe McKenzie?) it was said that he was unwilling to deal his top prospects. I have a hard time believing Edmonton doesn't cave if you put like a 1st + Moller + Hickey out there and wait for the deadline.
I have a hard time believing Edmonton would cave with that offer. Stewart and Neal both went for young defensemen with NHL experience. Edmonton has no reason to settle for less than that in terms of value. Maybe next year, but not this year. Moller, Hickey, and a mid 1st rd pick don't match Johnson or Goligoski.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:07 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Me likes me some Richards, but not as a rental-man!

Old
02-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Where there's smoke....
exactly

Old
02-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Martyros

There's some good **** in here!

Old
02-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Hey guys, Stars fan coming in peace! With the Richards stuff surfacing I wanted to run something by you guys to gauge some stuff.

Schenn
JJ

For

Richards

Is this fair? Dallas HAS to get a legit top 2 defender for him and a beast prospect. No first would be needed for this trade in my opinion, so you don't suffer in the draft however, you give up a solid #2 Dman and a blue chip prospect. Seems really fair to me with the only stain on it being Brad is a rental (possibly) He loves warmer climates and smaller hockey markets though, so thered be a pretty damn good chance he'd re-sign.

Just curious, also you guys have THE best jersey in hockey with that black and white almost throwback look, love it!

Old
02-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Hey guys, Stars fan coming in peace! With the Richards stuff surfacing I wanted to run something by you guys to gauge some stuff.

Schenn
JJ

For

Richards

Is this fair? Dallas HAS to get a legit top 2 defender for him and a beast prospect. No first would be needed for this trade in my opinion, so you don't suffer in the draft however, you give up a solid #2 Dman and a blue chip prospect. Seems really fair to me with the only stain on it being Brad is a rental (possibly) He loves warmer climates and smaller hockey markets though, so thered be a pretty damn good chance he'd re-sign.

Just curious, also you guys have THE best jersey in hockey with that black and white almost throwback look, love it!
For a signed Richards, I would trade Schenn

JJ, no

I would offer Hickey, Martinez, Drewiske, or The Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Old
02-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post

Schenn
JJ

For

Richards

Impossible. Too much, especially if there is no contract in hand during the deal. Johnson will be a King for quite a while, otherwise Neal would be a King right now.

Closed Thread