HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon & Lombardi (concussions), O'Reilly (leg), & Goc (shoulder) all out

Old
02-22-2011, 11:08 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I stand corrected when I seen again there was no penalty you are correct. It's just hockey and Suter is going to be ok
And I don't mean to be so adamant about my stance on this. There probably should have been some sort of penalty on the play. Interference would've been the call if there was one to be made. It's just the way some around described it sounded like it was Gillies hit on Tancradi a few weeks back. Doan is not a dirty player and plays the game hard. If Suter had the puck and he laid that hit on him, it would've been one of the best clean hits I've ever seen. He just went right through Suter.

Glad to see Suter should be fine. Sorry for my strong opinion on this topic. As someone said, we do have a guy wearing number 22 that has laid some pretty big questionable hits over the years. Doan doesn't have that reputation at all as a player. Just saying.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:44 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Glad to see Suter should be fine. Sorry for my strong opinion on this topic. As someone said, we do have a guy wearing number 22 that has laid some pretty big questionable hits over the years. Doan doesn't have that reputation at all as a player. Just saying.
They aren't really questionable. For the most part we accept Tootoo's hits because he's our guy. We'd hate him if wore another team's jersey. Some of us (Dave is a Killer) hate him even in a Preds jersey.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:57 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
They aren't really questionable. For the most part we accept Tootoo's hits because he's our guy. We'd hate him if wore another team's jersey. Some of us (Dave is a Killer) hate him even in a Preds jersey.
Tootoo would've been penalized for charging, undeserved, on a hit like the Doan/Suter one.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:05 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Tootoo would've been penalized for charging, undeserved, on a hit like the Doan/Suter one.
yup and would have been challenged to fight by someone...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:33 PM
OpenWheel

And a Pred should've dropped somebody for it too. Not becasue it was dirty, but because it was Suter.

Maybe we need to risk Shea a bit, for good of the team. Nobody else is doing it so I hope Shea unloads one of his knockout punches real soon when someone crosschecks or high sticks Hornqvist for the thousandth time this season.

Tootoo won't be enough. One of our stars needs to protect the other stars.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:45 PM
predfan98

Quote:
And a Pred should've dropped somebody for it too. Not becasue it was dirty, but because it was Suter.

Maybe we need to risk Shea a bit, for good of the team. Nobody else is doing it so I hope Shea unloads one of his knockout punches real soon when someone crosschecks or high sticks Hornqvist for the thousandth time this season.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
glenngineer

Quote:

Bingo. For all the cries I heard in the paper about the hit, no one did anything about it. If you're upset about it, do something about it, otherwise they need to shut their pie holes. If we don't stick up and b*tch about it we sound like a big bunch of wussies.

Anyone remember a few years back Tootoo crushing Hemsky. What happened the next shift Tootoo was out, Moreau got sent out, they went at it, end of story. If we had such issue with Doan, every time he touched the puck for the rest of the game, Weber, SOB and Tootoo should've been laying hits on him left and right or they should've asked him to go and I'm sure Doan would've obliged.

Old
02-22-2011, 05:01 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Bingo. For all the cries I heard in the paper about the hit, no one did anything about it. If you're upset about it, do something about it, otherwise they need to shut their pie holes. If we don't stick up and b*tch about it we sound like a big bunch of wussies.

Anyone remember a few years back Tootoo crushing Hemsky. What happened the next shift Tootoo was out, Moreau got sent out, they went at it, end of story. If we had such issue with Doan, every time he touched the puck for the rest of the game, Weber, SOB and Tootoo should've been laying hits on him left and right or they should've asked him to go and I'm sure Doan would've obliged.
I would put doan in the same categorry as morrow, and the bolded part may be why they didn't go after him.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 05:10 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I would put doan in the same categorry as morrow, and the bolded part may be why they didn't go after him.
I'd take Tootoo or Weber in a fight with either of them.

Old
02-22-2011, 07:07 PM
glenngineer

Doan and Morrow are two of the toughest guys in the NHL. The reason they don't fight often is because they don't have to. People are afraid of them for a reason. They're big, strong vets that can hold their own. Wish we had one or both of them on this team.

Old
02-23-2011, 12:21 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Doan and Morrow are two of the toughest guys in the NHL. The reason they don't fight often is because they don't have to. People are afraid of them for a reason. They're big, strong vets that can hold their own. Wish we had one or both of them on this team.
Both of them are decent fighters about like Mike Fisher but they're not actual fighters. Doan's only fight against any decent fighters was Wisneski, which Doan didn't land much until they hit the ice, he struggled with Laperriere but did ok. He usually fights guys with very few fights, against the bigger guys like Kubina and Murray Doan didn't fair too well. Most of Doans fight consist of trying to tie the guy up as much as possible. I just don't see him doing well against Tootoo.

Morrow is a bit better, he actually tries to throw 'em more, but no one is going to confuse him with a fighter either. Look at his fight with Mayer, he didn't look like he knew what he was doing much.

Again, I'd take Tootoo and Weber against either

Old
02-23-2011, 01:34 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

If this injury list doesn't' star trimming soon, we're in big, big, big trouble.

Suter - Must have now! Let's see if Trotz is all smoke and mirrors about coming back Thursday. Hawks are red hot, I've got a bad feeling about it.

Kostitsyn - What is wrong with him? Trotz gives him a "maintenance" day yesterday and now he's out tonight? WTF, Trotz?

Goc - Need him back because the best line we've had all season has been Goc-Erat-Kostitsyn. It hasn't been the same with Fisher between them. Has there been any word about him this week?

Boullion - SOB is playing like just that ever since he's' been elevated to more playing time with cube out. SOB is quickly becoming my least favorite player. He's not really that tough, talks a lot of crap, and then takes multiple bone headed penalties.

O'Reilly? Lombardi? Color me uninspired.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Any updates on SK? Still just a maintenance day?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 01:48 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Any updates on SK? Still just a maintenance day?
he's not dead? just day to day under doctor trotzy

Old
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
RollingPredFan

I think he's back Thursday according to the Tennessean.

Quote:
No Kostitsyn: Forward Sergei Kostitsyn did not play Tuesday because of an undisclosed injury. Kostitsyn made the trip to Columbus and skated in the morning, but did not feel fit for the game. He said he expected to return Thursday against Chicago.

"I felt good this morning, just not 100 percent," Kostitsyn said. "Thursday I will be 100 percent and play."

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 02:11 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Guessing it was a virus or related illness.

Old
02-23-2011, 02:13 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Guessing it was a virus or related illness.
don't forget he got whacked pretty good int he Phoenix game. Left and came back.

I don't rememebr where he got hit, but it could have just been too sore

Old
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
don't forget he got whacked pretty good int he Phoenix game. Left and came back.

You love your banks raise your rates CD? What?

Old
02-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Milly79

Quote:

Thought it was on the hand/wrist.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 03:53 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
You love your banks raise your rates CD? What?
You like watching your neighbors watch t.v.?

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

reading coopers blog he talks about the shiner on suter's face. was his eye swollen shut? anyone see him before yesterday?

Old
02-24-2011, 11:25 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't know but if that's true, one would think that it wasn't a legal hit. I don't know of many legal hits that result in black eyes.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Goc done for season per Josh Cooper. Shoulder surgery.

What now?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
roseyc

Quote:

agreed Tootoo at least should have been on him immediately even if there wasn't a reason for the penalty. But the statement would have said that you don't touch our guys and they said they can push us around and did. This team has to learn to take care of each other and this is perfect example.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:54 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Goc done for season per Josh Cooper. Shoulder surgery.

What now?
Sucks that we've likely seen Goc's last game as a Predator, and also sucks that we're right back to where we were before we acquired Fisher. Poile himself said that acquiring Fisher allowed everyone to move back to the spots they belonged...so what now? They're right back to playing out of station.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote