HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund trade rumour thread v4.0: 'Dude where's my trade' edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2011, 05:17 PM
supertzar

vCash: 500
Phillips is like -26...not that +/- is the best indicator, but I don't think I'd want to give up much for that.

Still think they need more help on offense. They don't score goals.

Old
02-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Phillips is like -26...not that +/- is the best indicator, but I don't think I'd want to give up much for that.

Karlsson is -28 and guys like Fischer Alfredsson Kuba and Gonchar all have uply numbers also...on crappy teams the guys playting big minutes have bad +- numbers...it doesn't mean anything.

Old
02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post

yup, they can't score is right, need a top 6 winger to replace ak, and bump the lines around then, to remove moen of the 2nd line, he can't help there

Old
02-23-2011, 02:40 PM
habshound247

Eklund is reporing today that Dallas is listening to offers for Brad Richards, and that Montreal will want in, as its playoff position is not locked up. So, the question is what would PG offer? My guess is it would look something like Gomez, Eller, Tinordi + 1st in 2011, plus a conditional pick if he re-signs. Too much or not enough?

Old
02-23-2011, 03:10 PM
skipp18

Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
Eklund is reporing today that Dallas is listening to offers for Brad Richards, and that Montreal will want in, as its playoff position is not locked up. So, the question is what would PG offer? My guess is it would look something like Gomez, Eller, Tinordi + 1st in 2011, plus a conditional pick if he re-signs. Too much or not enough?
That is way to much to give for a pending UFA.

Old
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
neofury*

The point I'm making is that we're too injured to actually go for a cup run. Do you think Phillips is the difference between a series or not? I doubt it.

Old
02-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Mr Rogers

Quote:
Holy cripes Batman!

We should add the Bell Center as well to sweeten it up a tad

Old
02-23-2011, 03:32 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
huh ? i can't tell if this is a joke ?

Old
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
I think you would have to take out one of Eller or Tinordi and it would be more or less what Dallas will want. Not sure I would do it unless Richards signs an extension, if he wouldn't want to, then I would rather take my chance and offer him something on July 1st

Old
02-23-2011, 03:51 PM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
It looks a lot but if he resigns, that would actually be a really good deal. I'd make that 1st rounder conditional to his signing with Montreal. Perhaps you can change a little bit the Eller-Tinordi part of the deal but not that much. Replacing 35 pts Gomez by 90 pts Richards for the next three years would be just insane...

Old
02-23-2011, 03:54 PM
TheBuriedHab

Dallas will not take Gomez, they have ownership issues. If they could take a 7 million contract they would resign Richards....

A Package around Eller+tinordi+Pick would be a starting point I'd think.

Old
02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Dallas will not take Gomez, they have ownership issues. If they could take a 7 million contract they would resign Richards....

A Package around Eller+tinordi+Pick would be a starting point I'd think.
I know! I was just dreaming! Gomez is going nowhere...

This shows you how this Gomez trade was one of the worst deal for the Habs in recent history. Just behind the Roy trade. Could you imagine if we had a real 8M superstar...

But but but, we could not have signed Gionta without Gomez!!

Old
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Not saying that they would want Gomez but he's actually paid an average of 5.83M$ in the next 3 years while Richards new contract will not only be much higher than 5.83M$ of actual salary but will be likely frontloaded to maybe 9+M$ a year for the first 3-4 years... So if ownership want to save actual $$ it makes sense.

Now we would have to add much more to make it attractive... A 1st round pick and quality prospect seems the price and maybe even another conditionnal 1st or 2nd if he does re-sign with us.

5.83M$ for 3 years for a 50-60pts guy + assets (picks and prospects)

or

9+M$ for the first 3-4 years for a 90-95pts guy and another 2-4 years of contract remaining.

Old
02-23-2011, 04:05 PM
EXPOS123

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
I know! I was just dreaming! Gomez is going nowhere...

This shows you how this Gomez trade was one of the worst deal for the Habs in recent history. Just behind the Roy trade. Could you imagine if we had a real 8M superstar...

But but but, we could not have signed Gionta without Gomez!!
But, but, but,Gomez is a great leader with Stanley Cup experience!

Couldn't agree more with your post.

Old
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Plekanec is a good first line center but he'd be a dominant 1B. Getting Richards and signing him would be glorious. We could rival anyone in the East in the next few years.

Old
02-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
That's close to the price I was thinking. I thought of the same, but with Weber instead of Tinordi.

I would also weight giving up Kristo instead of Eller. Eller is bigger and more an offensive player than Kristo.

Although, to me, the 2011 1st round pick was the conditional for a re-sign.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Plekanec is a good first line center but he'd be a dominant 1B. Getting Richards and signing him would be glorious. We could rival anyone in the East in the next few years.
I wouldn't be surprised if the NHL nixed the trade. They're probably already pissed that we've added such a great player in Subban... to the already dominant Markov...

Old
02-23-2011, 06:03 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That's close to the price I was thinking. I thought of the same, but with Weber instead of Tinordi.

I would also weight giving up Kristo instead of Eller. Eller is bigger and more an offensive player than Kristo.

Well if the Habs get Richards, Eller becomes somewhat redundant. With Plekanec around for 4 more years and Richards more than likely signing a big contract, I doubt Eller would want to be a 3rd line centre for that long.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Habit11

Quote:

So, in this scenario the Habs' will have given up McDonaugh, Valentenko, Weber or Tinordi, Kristo, and a 1st rd pick to end up with Brad Richards?

Richards is a great player, top 10 center in the league, but that's too much drain on the organization when you look at the bigger picture.

Last edited by Habit11: 02-23-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old
02-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well if the Habs get Richards, Eller becomes somewhat redundant. With Plekanec around for 4 more years and Richards more than likely signing a big contract, I doubt Eller would want to be a 3rd line centre for that long.
Yeah, Eller sure couldn't play the wing with a little more experience.

Don't worry, I'm fully aware that the centerline would be stuffed with Richards and Plex.

Would you rather have Kristo as yet another small two-way player on the wing, or Eller, a big talented player?

Do you get my logic now?

Old
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
canadianeh

Quote:

So... you were thinking pretty much the same thing, except instead of:

Tinordi
Eller
1st round pick

you were thinking:

Weber
Kristo
1st Conditional on resigning?

yup... it's a mirror image.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
canadianeh

How about:

Eller
Tinordi
Rights to Kari Ramo
1st

Old
02-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Swe_hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
So, in this scenario the Habs' will have given up McDonaugh, Valentenko, Weber or Tinordi, Eller, and a 1st rd pick to end up with Brad Richards?

Richards is a great player, top 10 center in the league, but that's too much drain on the organization when you look at the bigger picture.
That's if everything works out for the best. But if he doesn't resign we'd end up with a big pile of nothing. I think that's way too steep of a price for a rental that has turned us down before.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
So, in this scenario the Habs' will have given up McDonaugh, Valentenko, Weber or Tinordi, Eller, and a 1st rd pick to end up with Brad Richards?

Another great claim from another self-appointed righteous pseudo-pragmatist.

The assets that would be traded are Gomez-Kristo-Weber-1st, nothing else. Gomez would've played almost two full season + playoffs with us, that's what you paid McDonaugh and Valentenko for. Not for Richards.

If you want to live in a fantasy world where keen asset management trumps the reality of NEEDS, then you're welcome to do just that, but you also have to realize how ridiculous it makes you look.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Seems to work in Philly with Richards/Carter/Briere.....

Closed Thread