HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers and Stars have had preliminary Richards discussions

Old
02-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoMcBride View Post
lol

no...just, no.
For a concussed rental? Damn straight it is.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:56 AM
paragon

Quote:
believed to be Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky and Derek Stepan, for the privilege of renting Brad Richards.
Sounds like a HF proposal.

paragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:59 AM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

Quote:
lol

no...just, no.
For a concussed Richards? Yes, it really is.

Richards is a tremendous player, but he's injured and a rental. You're not getting 2 of our good, young players, plus a 1st.

Anisimov, decent pick, decent prospect is about all I'd do. If that's not enough, wait until FA. It's not like we're winning it all this year even with Richards.

TheGrapesOfMcIlrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:00 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
lol

no...just, no.
So, a 1st round pick, a former 1st round pick who's currently playing top 4 defense, and a former 2nd round pick who projects to be a two-way 2nd line center isn't overpayment for a 30 year old center with a concussion who has 2 months left on his contract?

Yeah, ok.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Vitto79

Since the rangers are not a main contender how about they just wait till July 1st and make an offer for Richards which will cost them nothing. Yea I know it's Crazy

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Nieuwendyk should be slapped in the face if he did indeed demand that type of return for Brad Richards.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:05 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsrule! View Post
I agree with you that it is alot, but like Niewendyk said, it will take an overpayment and I feel like a deal like this would benefit both teams. The Rangers aren't totally abandoning their future with a trade like this and the chances of Richards re-signing with the Rangers are greatly increased IMO.

I would compare a deal like this to something that the Thrashers got for both Hossa and Kovalchuk.

So although it may be alot, I think it's a deal that the Rangers should take and will be a better team after making the trade.
Wake me next time the thrashers make the playoffs. Making that deal actually DECREASES our chances of signing him, because it will force us to use more of the bonus cushion. That's less money we will have to re-sign him.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
i proposed them move Gaborik for Richards in a 3-way. Got flamed for that. Imagine if they moved this package?

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Levitate

Kinda hope Dallas can't trade him and then he walks during UFA

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
Richards > Hossa
Now? Absolutely.
Then? Probably not. Remember that Hossa was coming off a 42 goal, 100 point season and was well-renowned as one of the best two-way forwards in hockey...his value was absolutely absurd.

The fact that Waddell was the worst trading GM since Milbury or that the package that the Thrashers got didn't end up doing a whole lot they still got what looked like a very substantial package at the time...time just beat that return package with a bloodied stick.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:12 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
So we're taking something that Larry Brooks wrote that isn't quoting and presuming it's fact? The Post wants to sell papers and that's what we're seeing here.

That said, Nieuwendyk has said all along that if he's going to move Richards, it will be overpayment that makes the deal happen, and I still believe that to be the case. I think he believes the Stars' recent slide is fueled more by injuries than anything and Jamie Benn's back in and I think I read Adam Burish is also coming back off IR and that Goligoski makes up for a shortcoming they had.

Nieuwendyk has made reference to the amount of home games the team has left (though early in this year, their better efforts actually came on the road), and I think he's thinking playoffs.

It'll probably take three good assets for Richards now. If the team dips further and misses the playoffs, they can always try to get an asset at the draft for him, though the NTC complicates that process a bit.
If the Post wanted to sell papers, they'd have made something up about the Yankees. The Rangers are a quaternary team at best in NY.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I wouldn't trade one of those 3 pieces for a concussed rental, let alone all 3.

Thats absurd. A 23 year old all star defenseman, the Rangers 24 year old leading scorer, and a 20 year old rookie with 16-18-34 in 62 games. Its absurd.

02-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Chimp

I can't believe for one bit that was what he actually said. That proposal is just insulting and make even HF proposals look sane. How about a simple "he's not for sale" instead of some bullcrap that just pisses off the other GM?

The Rangers isn't the team that are about to lose their leading scorer to UFA this summer, so I have no clue what Niewendyk got out of a charade like that, if true.

My bet is it isn't true. If true, Niewendyk is a moron.

Last edited by Chimp: 02-24-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
**** off Nieuwendyk
I'm not much for expletives, but I agree.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Ambassador Of Fun

LOL any 2 of those 3 and everyone on HF forgets about the Neal for Goligoski trade.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Starsrule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Wake me next time the thrashers make the playoffs. Making that deal actually DECREASES our chances of signing him, because it will force us to use more of the bonus cushion. That's less money we will have to re-sign him.
I have no clue what this has to do with anything. What's your point? Serious question.

Starsrule! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Nullus Reverentia

Thanks Niewendyk. You people don't understand that this is Nieuwendyk saying he's not trading him for a rental package, because Richards will sign with the team he waives his NTC to.

Nullus Reverentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:19 AM
pwoz

Staal, Dubi, and Stepan!??!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errettung View Post
Thanks Niewendyk. You people don't understand that this is Nieuwendyk saying he's not trading him for a rental package, because Richards will sign with the team he waives his NTC to.
I reiterate. I don't trade Staal for him straight up.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:28 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
He doesnt want to trade Richards. The Post said he hasnt even been asked to submit a list of teams for his NMC.

Maybe he'll get one of them, by setting the bar so high early.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SpezDispenser

Always start the price high then compromise. People on here should really know that by now.

Marc Staal? No chance.

So move to the next rumoured piece. Dubinsky + Girlroy + conditional 1st round pick if Richards resigns, otherwise a 2nd rounder. That's a good deal for both sides IMO.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AvsGuy

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone who looks good in a Rangers jersey? Richards wouldn't. Wolski doesn't. Drury doesn't. Redden doesn't. Gomez didn't. Holik didn't. Fleury didn't. Kamensky didn't.

It's like pulling on the Rangers jersey is a way of sucking your career into an inescapable vacuum of misery. Don't do it, Brad.

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I reiterate. I don't trade Staal for him straight up.
Yeah you want to get him for your spare pieces and mid level prospects right?

This is what these boards have no clue about, you want something you have to trade VAUABLE assests if you want one of the best players in the league. Nieuwendyk would have to get good young roster players.

Nieuwendyk obviously isn't going to get that whole package, but he would have to get at least one them, maybe even two if you want him.

And no you won't sign him in FA if you wait. You pay the premium for one of the best players or you don't get him at all.

Nullus Reverentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:31 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errettung View Post
What do you mean, 'you people'?

That's not a safe assumption, at all. What if he doesn't fit in cap wise? What if he ends up not liking the place he waives to? What if he has a disagreement with management?

Too many variables to make that assertion.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:35 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone who looks good in a Rangers jersey? Richards wouldn't. Wolski doesn't. Drury doesn't. Redden doesn't. Gomez didn't. Holik didn't. Fleury didn't. Kamensky didn't.

It's like pulling on the Rangers jersey is a way of sucking your career into an inescapable vacuum of misery. Don't do it, Brad.
Wolski looks fine.

Holik and Gomez looked bad in Rangers jerseys and in the jerseys of their subsequent teams. Blame the Rangers for signing them, but don't blame the Rangers for them sucking.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote