HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

General Fitness Thread #3

Old
02-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Lars Eller Superstar*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
have you posted progess pics?
no but i should soon !

Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:45 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

As for me, I'm pretty much the same in the mirror... I took about 3 to 4 pounds since this summer, almost no fat. Still look like this pic I took this summer, bigger obliques now and that's pretty much it. I'll try to take a new picture soon.

Last edited by ChemiseBleuHonnete: 03-22-2013 at 11:38 AM.
ChemiseBleuHonnete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Lars Eller Superstar*

Quote:
As for me, I'm pretty much the same in the mirror... I took about 3 to 4 pounds since this summer, almost no fat. Still look like this pic I took this summer, bigger obliques now and that's pretty much it. I'll try to take a new picture soon.
Once I finish my dieting cutting phase , i'll be posting progress pictures ... I think I have a progress pictures from 2 months ago , I will check it out and post it If i can find it !

Old
02-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Lord Chezz

After two months on the IR with a knee injury, Ive succesfully had a couple decent 5 K runs. While I didnt break any land speed records, it felt good to get out again and hit the pavement. Race day is in about 15 weeks and I have yet to figure out whether I'll be doing another 10K or my first half marathon.

One thing I will be doing this time around is supplementing my running with weight training.

Looking forward to the challenge

Lord Chezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Nice serratus'. Any particular exercise you do besides keep a low body fat?

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Not sure where else to say this, but been trying to make a good filet mignon for a while now. Figured I'd try it wrapped in bacon to keep it juicy...awesome lol

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Kriss E

Go to Adonis or even better, Boucherie Abu Elias. Their filet mignon is already well marinated and simply amazing.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Kriss E

Was curious to know, I'm a trainer at an over-superficial globo gym. There is a multitude of people (guys and girls) that are on the juice. Lately, a lot of younger guys 18-22 have come up to me to ask about them. Obviously, I come from the mind set that you shouldn't touch that crap. I was told however, Karim if I remember correctly posted a research article, that doing a cycle might actually be beneficial.
Anybody here really knows about this subject??

Old
02-21-2011, 12:38 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Was curious to know, I'm a trainer at an over-superficial globo gym. There is a multitude of people (guys and girls) that are on the juice. Lately, a lot of younger guys 18-22 have come up to me to ask about them. Obviously, I come from the mind set that you shouldn't touch that crap. I was told however, Karim if I remember correctly posted a research article, that doing a cycle might actually be beneficial.
Anybody here really knows about this subject??
My friend did two cycles (I think, I don't know how it goes ... 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on, then off for good) on M1T's.

He was a small guy before.. the guy can go months without working out now and stays jacked.. not even joking.

When he gets back in the gym, he gets gains pretty fast for 3-4 weeks before it stops, (usually loses interest again by then, lol).

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
My friend did two cycles (I think, I don't know how it goes ... 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on, then off for good) on M1T's.

He was a small guy before.. the guy can go months without working out now and stays jacked.. not even joking.

When he gets back in the gym, he gets gains pretty fast for 3-4 weeks before it stops, (usually loses interest again by then, lol).
Side effects?

Old
02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Lars Eller Superstar*

Quote:

... sadly , there's too many retard in the gym that go on cycles because they are a bunch of wussies that can't wait for developping their body

I know a croatian guy at my gym , we started at the same time , he took steroids after 1 year of working out , and i'm still in better shape than him , lolll

Old
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Side effects?
Side effects? He did them for such a short period of time, I doubt there was much. I remember he said something about his piss being disgustingly dark, but I mean this was a few years back that he did it (guy has been back in the gym for a couple months and he went from having gained some chub to nearly having his 6pack showing.. his arms are huge for not working out for over a year).

I don't think he has any other problems though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post
... sadly , there's too many retard in the gym that go on cycles because they are a bunch of wussies that can't wait for developping their body

I know a croatian guy at my gym , we started at the same time , he took steroids after 1 year of working out , and i'm still in better shape than him , lolll
I think the reason my buddy did them was mostly because he snapped his ankle and after 6 months he was still having trouble doing anything more than walking.. the muscle just wasn't coming back.. his ankle is good now though, so I don't think he has any regrets.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Lars Eller Superstar*

there are no side effects / death with proper USE / dosage ... the worst steroids is Dianobol because it's so cheap

A guy I know is great friend with Lee Haney and he told me that even though Lee is in good shape and being followed by a doctor and have no heart related problem that you should know what to take IF you really want to go to the next level

Dianobol is the worst steroids because it is one of the cheapest and more damaging on the liver.

If you ever gonna use a steroids you should use DECA , it makes your muscle so much harder and tight looking.

I never used steroids but alot of people use Clenbuterol for cutting

Like any drug , if you abuse it , they are gonna be some side effect ... Like if you abuse the use of Tylenol you will have side effects ! Steroids are no different than any other drug

Last edited by Lars Eller Superstar*: 02-21-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old
02-21-2011, 02:31 PM
advantage2006

I'm into week six of the Insanity 60-Day program and jesus it is doing wonders. Have now lost 27 lbs through that time. Suggest to anyone who's committed to trying the program out.

advantage2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post
there are no side effects / death with proper USE / dosage ... the worst steroids is Dianobol because it's so cheap

A guy I know is great friend with Lee Haney and he told me that even though Lee is in good shape and being followed by a doctor and have no heart related problem that you should know what to take IF you really want to go to the next level

Dianobol is the worst steroids because it is one of the cheapest and more damaging on the liver.

If you ever gonna use a steroids you should use DECA , it makes your muscle so much harder and tight looking.

I never used steroids but alot of people use Clenbuterol for cutting

Like any drug , if you abuse it , they are gonna be some side effect ... Like if you abuse the use of Tylenol you will have side effects ! Steroids are no different than any other drug
But wouldn't you say that Steroids are much, much stronger than Tylenol?..You need to take a crap load of Tylenol in order to start feeling some serious side effects.
But is it the same case with the Steroids? Probably not right. So just how much is ''abusing'' when it comes to Steroids?
Does proper use mean going not constantly staying on them?
Would doing one or two cycle be beneficial? How so?..

Just curious as I don't really know much. I'd also appreciate if people could differ opinions and facts. I'm more interested in hearing about the facts because opinions could be bad or wrong.

Old
02-21-2011, 11:31 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Go to Adonis or even better, Boucherie Abu Elias. Their filet mignon is already well marinated and simply amazing.
The best filet I ever had was at the Keg downtown. Simply amazing. It's my favourite. I enjoy cooking. Like most guys, I love meat and using a BBQ or Grill. I don't eat very healthy all the time, but I've been trying to make better meals, and every now and then I work on a meal with a more gourmet look to it. Yah I get bored.

The night I wrote the previous message I had Sweet potatoes, the filet mignon with bacon(just salt and pepper), cauliflower cooked in the oven with mozzarella, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese melted on top. I'm a pretty awful cook(for the fact I rarely practice) so I was pretty pleased with my above average tasting meal.

My long term goal is to be able to make the things I enjoy, in the healthiest way possible. For example, I avoid frying anything. I use fresh foods such as cutting up fresh potatoes for french fries and putting them in the oven over frying them. The alternative of pre-packaged goods is simpler, but filled with too much junk I guess. These example are obviously not the best ones when talking about quality nutrition, but over time, I'd like to be able to incorporate what I enjoy eating, but put the bad elements to a minimum while keeping the taste to a relative maximum.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:46 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I'm down about 28 pounds since December 1st. Losing weight is so easy ... maybe not as easy as gaining it, but still easy enough.

My meal this morning.. low sodium can of diced tomatoes with chicken breast and broccoli. Took me an hour to eat the entire thing, lmao .. and the calories were seriously under 300.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:49 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 02:00 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Just dropping by with a question. How would you think of this for a daily intake food-wise (just what I had today).

2 egg whites
1 chicken breast in (2) wraps with 2 drops of hot sauce
1 cup rice, 4 chicken meatballs (no batter), 300ml cut tomato
1 cup chopped broccoli, 450ml cut tomato, 1 chicken breast
2 cups of milk
1 cup milk w/ 1 scoop whey protein
3 bottles of water

Thanks!

Old
02-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Hades

Quote:
That's a myth.
The only thing that will make you lose your muscle gains is if you stop doing strength/hypertrophy workouts on top of cutting your nutrition.
It's not really a myth but it gets overblown by many. If you do too much cardio and don't get enough protein, you will most likely lose some muscle.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:15 AM
HotPie

Quote:
Just dropping by with a question. How would you think of this for a daily intake food-wise (just what I had today).

2 egg whites
2 cups of milk
3 bottles of water

Thanks!
I would say that there is a very distinct lack of fat. Very high in protein, not very high in carbs, and your fat intake is virtually non-existant.

I would remedy that first. Probably don't need to eat that much protein either...Hard to say without seeing the actual macros and caloric intake though.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:11 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
I would say that there is a very distinct lack of fat. Very high in protein, not very high in carbs, and your fat intake is virtually non-existant.

I would remedy that first. Probably don't need to eat that much protein either...Hard to say without seeing the actual macros and caloric intake though.
When I decide to get up, I'll try to piece it all together with a breakdown of cals, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber, and fats.

Old
02-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
When I decide to get up, I'll try to piece it all together with a breakdown of cals, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber, and fats.
I'd substitute your 2 egg whites in the morning for 2 whole grain toasts with organic or 100% natural peanut butter. Get you some carbs and good fats right off the bat.

Also take a multi-vitamin first thing in the morning and try to get some fish oil in there some time during the day.

Above poster is right.. not much fat and carbs in there. Maybe you could grind up some flax seed and sprinkle some in your protein shake later in the day too.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:43 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:

2 egg whites
2 cups of milk
3 bottles of water

Thanks!
Broccoli & tomato ? That's all your veggies / fruit per day?

Avocado for breakfast
Kiwi
1 Banana
Spinach
Apple
Blueberries
etc..

I don't get why people just don't keep it simple -- eat lots of veggies / fruits and drink a lot of water (don't count the bottles, just drink!). Throw in your chicken breast, have some fish, serving of almonds / walnuts and you're done.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
I'd substitute your 2 egg whites in the morning for 2 whole grain toasts with organic or 100% natural peanut butter. Get you some carbs and good fats right off the bat.

Also take a multi-vitamin first thing in the morning and try to get some fish oil in there some time during the day.

Above poster is right.. not much fat and carbs in there. Maybe you could grind up some flax seed and sprinkle some in your protein shake later in the day too.
The man is trying to lose weight I believe, so cut the starch.
No bread.