HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers and Stars have had preliminary Richards discussions

Old
02-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avery16 View Post
del zotto drury first, i bet a billion bucks
I wouldn't bet 50 Cents on that asinine offer.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
You keep telling yourself that. He hits FA whether you like it or not.

And you can keep telling yourself that, and the rest of the Rangers fans who think its forgone conclusion Richards will sign with then in FA

Richards will sign with Dallas. No one is getting him for spare pieces.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errettung View Post
Yeah you want to get him for your spare pieces and mid level prospects right?

This is what these boards have no clue about, you want something you have to trade VAUABLE assests if you want one of the best players in the league. Nieuwendyk would have to get good young roster players.

Nieuwendyk obviously isn't going to get that whole package, but he would have to get at least one them, maybe even two if you want him.

And no you won't sign him in FA if you wait. You pay the premium for one of the best players or you don't get him at all.

What you seem to be forgetting is that Nieuwendyk has absolutely no leverage at the moment. Richards is concussed with no real timetable. It also seems pretty clear he will at least test free agency. Not sure why you think there is no chance he will be available in free agency, sounds like denial.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:

And you can keep telling yourself that, and the rest of the Rangers fans who think its forgone conclusion Richards will sign with then in FA

Richards will sign with Dallas. No one is getting him for spare pieces.

Where is the extension then?

I don't think Slats gives Dallas much more than Anisimov/2nd/ mid level prospect. Maybe the 2nd becomes a 1st if they extend him. Dallas has absolutely no leverage, and Slats will roll the dice on Richards being available July 1 rather then get bent over.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
What you seem to be forgetting is that Nieuwendyk has absolutely no leverage at the moment. Richards is concussed with no real timetable. It also seems pretty clear he will at least test free agency. Not sure why you think there is no chance he will be available in free agency, sounds like denial.
How is it clear he will test FA? There isn't anything to suggest that. We have plenty of time left before July and Richard if he planned on testing FA and probably leaving he would have told the team to trade him, its the kind of person he is.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:44 AM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Wolski has 12 points in 19 games with the rangers and is a +7, all while playing mostly with 2 rookies.

None of the other players on the list even come close to the talent level of Brad Richards. You sir, FAIL.

The country club, retirement mentality of this team and this city is long gone. But just keep on hating, it's actually entertaining how ignorant you are!
LOL at the irony of you New Yorkers. You just don't know what you have with Wolski. Avalanche fans know best. Wojtek became a verb around here. His tendency to be lazy during his shifts evolved into the term "Wolski-ing around,"

Wolski always comes out strong with a new team, as he did at first with the Avs. And then again with the Coyotes, but then he became a "Wolski-er" once again this season, and he quickly found himself in the doghouse. After being a healthy scratch multiple times and getting limited minutes in games he did play, Wolski asked the Coyotes' GM to be traded.

And, also once again, his lack of effort and defensive liability are getting him into trouble with his third NHL coach. Time will tell if he shapes up or if the Rangers do as his two previous teams did and ship him out. Its not like the signs aren't already there with Tortorello. The same signs. Oh if only you NY'ers paid any attention to the rest of the world.

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalan2 View Post
So beyond absurd its ridiculous.
Does Joe think he's in a Mel Brooks film? We've hit ludicrous.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:50 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...huOwvEZ4aZhD1N

By preliminary, I mean completely and entirely over. Is he NUTS?
LOL.

An 24yo All-Star shut-down D-man (because they are just so abundant), a 1st/2nd line (depending on team) 3-zone winger, who has done nothing but improve his game every year in the league and is captain material, and a potential 1st liner who has been floating around in the Calder race since the begining of the season.

For 30 games or Richards.

amazing.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
How is it clear he will test FA? There isn't anything to suggest that. We have plenty of time left before July and Richard if he planned on testing FA and probably leaving he would have told the team to trade him, its the kind of person he is.
Yes, because you know Brad Richards personally.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:52 AM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
LOL at the irony of you New Yorkers. You just don't know what you have with Wolski. Avalanche fans know best. Wojtek became a verb around here. His tendency to be lazy during his shifts evolved into the term "Wolski-ing around,"

Wolski always comes out strong with a new team, as he did at first with the Avs. And then again with the Coyotes, but then he became a "Wolski-er" once again this season, and he quickly found himself in the doghouse. After being a healthy scratch multiple times and getting limited minutes in games he did play, Wolski asked the Coyotes' GM to be traded.

And, also once again, his lack of effort and defensive liability are getting him into trouble with his third NHL coach. Time will tell if he shapes up or if the Rangers do as his two previous teams did and ship him out. Its not like the signs aren't already there with Tortorello. The same signs. Oh if only you NY'ers paid any attention to the rest of the world.
While your statements may turn out in the long run to be accurate, I don't think they could be any more ill timed. Wolski was fantastic in our last game, scoring the tying goal with under 3 minutes to play and then scoring the shootout winner. 12 points in his 19 games with us is pretty good, IMO. I never thought we would get a PPG player in return for Roszival anyway. I watch alot of Ranger hockey and I don't see any signs that he's "in trouble" with our coach. Maybe you should take your own advice and pay attention to the rest of the world.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Yes, because you know Brad Richards personally.
Yeah because you don't have a clue.

You don't know a person personally you can't tell their personality? I'm sure but your just streching for things to say because if you believe that you're a moron.

Richards is a class act, if he didn't plan on staying and wanted to go to FA he would have told Dallas to trade him. That is the person he is, he won't hide whay he feels.

You act like you know him too, since you obviously know that he plans on going to FA

Old
02-24-2011, 10:56 AM
the word*

Does anybody even know if Richards will play again this season. Concussions can be a very tricky injury when estimating a return date. Just ask Sid and the Pens.

...and what if Richards does return, gets nailed the very first game he plays, then is out for the remainder of the season?

I have to agree with posters that say the timing of a Richards move couldn't be worse, no matter what the return on a trade is.

You take a huge risk when acquiring damaged goods. If Richards returned from his injury and played a good dozen games or so, then fine open up the vault... but that just isn't going to happen. It's doubtful he will even get a single game in before the deadline.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Shak19

Massive overpayment if its Staal or Dubinsky

Stepan + prospect + draft pick

Shak19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...huOwvEZ4aZhD1N

By preliminary, I mean completely and entirely over. Is he NUTS?

One thing I almost forgot. Anyone else find it odd that "Consipation Bob" said that the Ranger had a deal in place for Richards and Neal with Gaborik and Gilroy headed to Dallas. Find it odd that the new asking price is so sky high now?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:13 AM
SML

I'm not certain Richards is the guy. He certainly brings alot to the table. MVP of QMJHL playoffs, MVP of Memorial Cup playoffs, Stanley cup champion, Conn Smythe winner. The guy has shown the ability to elevate his game when it matters at every level he's played. He already knows Tortorella, which would be a huge head start right from the get go. If we commit to him, it has to be for more than just the rest of this year. The recent Stastny rumors have me wondering if that should be the direction, because he's younger, still on the upswing of his career, fits in with the overall American tone this team seems to be following, and his contract status is more concrete right now. The thing is this: even if this isn't the big deal, there has to be one looming around here soon, either now, at the draft, or before the next season begins. It has to be a package deal where we move alot of solid quantity for true quality. When that happens, a guy like a Dubinsky or even Callahan might be moving, and it will be the right thing to do. I wouldn't trade Staal, and I don't see the point of moving Stepan and creating a second line hole at the expense of filling the first line one. I'd move Callahan because of his contract status, and primarily, because I have doubts that a guy like Cally, who's not very big, can continue to play the style that makes him who he is forever. He's going to want security with this next contract, and IMO, there's a decent chance that by the time he gets to the end of it, he's not going to be able to bring it the same way. I'd move Boyle because he's having the best year of his career but what he brings is far from irreplaceable. You can still sell teams on his upside. I may even move Girardi for no other reason than he's about the only guy you can move and we have to have some place for all these young guys to play. That and he's a hugely tradeable guy because his contract is very reasonable for what he brings. Anyway, when the trade happens, it's going to sting, alot like this Carmelo Anthony trade. I think there's going to be alot of good young players that we all liked alot going the other way, but in the end you have to give up something pretty good if you want to get back something great in return.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

*****FYI*****

Nick Cotsonika, NHL writer for Yahoo Sports says Nieuwendyk discussed no specific players with the Rangers, so this has all been pointless.

Shady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:24 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak19 View Post

Stepan is not going anywhere either

And I'm glad that has been proven false -- because giving up those kind of assets would be beyond stupid for the position the Rangers are in at the moment.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:28 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhicksnightmare View Post
LOL any 2 of those 3 and everyone on HF forgets about the Neal for Goligoski trade.
exactly, cause then it's the Rangers that look like dopes and not the Stars.

Any 2 of those three for Richards is STILL an overpayment.

Not happening

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:42 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post

What makes you say this?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Mjollnir9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalan2 View Post
You wouldn't trade Richards for Dubinsky straight up?

I'm gonna be honest here, I'm not sure I'd trade Dubinsky for a rented Richards either. I'd easily do it if I had a guarantee Richards would sign though.
Why should the Rangers give up anything of value, when they will just sign him on July 1st? Also, he is concussed. That means he may not play the rest of the year, and we part with Dubinsky just so we have a concussed Richards on the roster for the playoff push? That alone is ridiculous, let alone throwing in Staal AND STEPAN?! Holy crap. Why don't we just make it easier and trade you Prosapal and Gilroy for Erikkson, Benn and Ott?

Mjollnir9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Mjollnir9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak19 View Post

No GO. I would not give up any of the above mentioned players to Rent Richards. Yeah, you lost Neal for almost nothing, however the Rangers do not owe you anything... Stepan>Richards in the long term(from here on out). I would give up Dubinsky before Stepan, but not to rent a player.

Mjollnir9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Jesus Toews*

The Rangers would be insane to trade ANY ONE of those players for Richards.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:59 AM
WeWillWinTonight

LOL...

Rangers trade 3 of their best players for a 20 game rental in B. Richards.

Richards cannot return this season due to the concussion.

Resigns somewhere else in off season.

Essentially NYR donates Staal, Dubinsky, Stepan to Dallas.

Imagine the riots in NY that would cause. A ton of ifs but its a possibility therefore this trade should not go down by any means.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Even if Richards was signed long term i would never do that deal from a NYR point of views.

That's a disgusting and gross overpayment

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Jesus Toews*

Why is NYR trying to pick him up at the deadline anyway? He doesn't make them a Cup contender this season, he probably doesn't even make them a legitimate threat to win a round unless they draw TB. Just sign him in the offseason if they're that crazy about him (would still be a dumb move IMO).

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote