HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
Oh I don't know, Canadian media Dreger, a local guy that has fantastic sorces in L.A. and has his own radio show up here and has Helen on all the time plua he doesn't report crap never has no rumours or anything. He has stated Kings pushing very hard for Hemsky, what does that tell he made 1 call or would you be reasonable and think (pusking hard for Hemsky) means multiple calls. I'm just posting what's been reported up here I still agree with you guys. Here is a thought would you guys have traded Kopitar for Eberle last year straight up? Hemsky is our Kopitar and Eberle is your Schenn would you guys have done that deal not knowing what Eberle could bring in the NHL.
Dreger has reported a bunch of stuff about the Kings in the past that has never come true.
Dreger also seems to me like one of those reporters that tries to made certain news happen by reporting it over and over again.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:21 PM
swany

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
link?
jasongregor on twitter

Old
02-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I saw someone bring up Steve Bernier's name earlier in this thread. Well, he's on waivers today. .
Big shock there

he's been on 4 teams in 5 years for a reason

Old
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Dreger has reported a bunch of stuff about the Kings in the past that has never come true.
Dreger also seems to me like one of those reporters that tries to made certain news happen by reporting it over and over again.
Are you kidding he is one of the most connected guys in Hockey, him and MacKenzie everyone reports stuff that doesn't happen but when Dreger or Mackenzie say something there is always something to it, it might not happen but it was talked about

Old
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Oh I don't know, Canadian media Dreger, a local guy that has fantastic sorces in L.A. and has his own radio show up here and has Helen on all the time plua he doesn't report crap never has no rumours or anything. He has stated Kings pushing very hard for Hemsky, what does that tell he made 1 call or would you be reasonable and think (pusking hard for Hemsky) means multiple calls. I'm just posting what's been reported up here I still agree with you guys. Here is a thought would you guys have traded Kopitar for Eberle last year straight up? Hemsky is our Kopitar and Eberle is your Schenn would you guys have done that deal not knowing what Eberle could bring in the NHL.
What? What? What? Lmao, BIG difference.. Where do I start? Kopitar has done more in his 5 year NHL career than Ales Hemsky has in his 8. Kopitar's 4 years younger and has never had a season under 20 goals, while Hemsky has never had a season over 23 goals lmao. Kopitar's only year he didn't play all 82 games was in his rookie year, he played 72, Hemsky is so injury prone, never played a 82 game season.

Kopitar means much more to the Kings than Hemsky does to the Oilers. Centers are alot more valuable than wingers, go look at the Penguins success, everything is revolved around their centers. Anyways, clearly Schenn for Hemsky makes absolutely no sense. Simmonds and a first? Definitely

Old
02-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Rommel

Kovalev to Pens.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355204

Old
02-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Are you kidding he is one of the most connected guys in Hockey, him and MacKenzie everyone reports stuff that doesn't happen but when Dreger or Mackenzie say something there is always something to it, it might not happen but it was talked about
MacKenzie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dreger

it's not even close. Dreger is closer to Eklund than he is McKenzie

Old
02-24-2011, 12:28 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Kovalev to Pens for a 7th RDer, the Marek Svatos claim makes sense

Old
02-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
For a 7th is hilarious and sad and confusing and strange all at the same time.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:32 PM
lafan13

Quote:
Right now with where the LA kings stand at 6th, HELLLLL no...

but if LA was last in west, still at early stages of rebuild, then i would trade kopitar for eberle in a heartbeat.....

Old
02-24-2011, 12:32 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
MacKenzie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dreger

it's not even close. Dreger is closer to Eklund than he is McKenzie
lmao what? Darren Dreger? Is this who we're talking about? If so, him & Bob Mckenzie have the same sources lool, they both work for TSN.. Dreger is legit man, he's got this new thing going called the Dreger Report and he reported the Goligoski/James Neal trade before it happened, a trade that was way out of left field.

Eklund has NEVER called anything, Dreger is legit!

Old
02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Anze Kopitar: Clear cut #1 center
Ales Hemsky: Arguable #1 RW, Clear cut 2nd line lol

The difference between these 2 dudes is immense

Old
02-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Kovalev to Pens for a 7th RDer, the Marek Svatos claim makes sense
So let's assume that anyone that was waived was offered around the league and that Kovalev was likely offered around for a 5th or 6th?

What does Lombardi have up his sleeve?

I still think we are trading with Florida and I hope it for more than Stillman

Old
02-24-2011, 12:34 PM
swany

Quote:
What? What? What? Lmao, BIG difference.. Where do I start? Kopitar has done more in his 5 year NHL career than Ales Hemsky has in his 8. Kopitar's 4 years younger and has never had a season under 20 goals, while Hemsky has never had a season over 23 goals lmao. Kopitar's only year he didn't play all 82 games was in his rookie year, he played 72, Hemsky is so injury prone, never played a 82 game season.

Kopitar means much more to the Kings than Hemsky does to the Oilers. Centers are alot more valuable than wingers, go look at the Penguins success, everything is revolved around their centers. Anyways, clearly Schenn for Hemsky makes absolutely no sense. Simmonds and a first? Definitely
No he doesn't since the lockout Hemsky has averaged .924 PPG Kopitar in that same time has averaged .90 ppg so Hemsky scores at a higher rate (small but still there) and does mean just as muck to the Oil as Kopitar does to the kings. Now I will give you the games played Hemskey does get hurt and does miss time but when healthy he is a top 3 on most teams and would be on the kings. And I highly doubt we could get anything from you guys for Cogliano and a 1st both Simmonds and Cogs are 3rd liners. Stats Hockeydb.com

Old
02-24-2011, 12:36 PM
swany

Quote:
Anze Kopitar: Clear cut #1 center
Ales Hemsky: Arguable #1 RW, Clear cut 2nd line lol

The difference between these 2 dudes is immense
Look up some stats he is a top ten RW in the whole NHL, come on guys try and be sensible, I've already shown Hemsky has out scored Perimitar (as some L.A. fans call him) on a PPG basis

Old
02-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Look up some stats he is a top ten RW in the whole NHL, come on guys try and be sensible, I've already shown Hemsky has out scored Perimitar (as some L.A. fans call him) on a PPG basis
Perimitar can stay healthy though

Old
02-24-2011, 12:39 PM
swany

Quote:
lmao what? Darren Dreger? Is this who we're talking about? If so, him & Bob Mckenzie have the same sources lool, they both work for TSN.. Dreger is legit man, he's got this new thing going called the Dreger Report and he reported the Goligoski/James Neal trade before it happened, a trade that was way out of left field.

Eklund has NEVER called anything, Dreger is legit!
Thanks for some sense, he also reporting the Oil L.A. thing but has stated the Oil would have to add to get Schenn it's a game of chicken he was just on the team 1260 here in Edmonton.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:41 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Simmonds can easily be a 2nd line RW in a different system lol

Old
02-24-2011, 12:41 PM
swany

Quote:
Perimitar can stay healthy though
And Hemsky has been to game 7 of the SCF so!!!!, what's saying Beiksa, doesn't crush him and he gets hurt, great he stays healthy but every player is one hit away from beeing hurt. Kopitar stays healthy because he doesn't go where Hemsky does to make plays.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
And Hemsky has been to game 7 of the SCF so!!!!, what's saying Beiksa, doesn't crush him and he gets hurt, great he stays healthy but every player is one hit away from beeing hurt. Kopitar stays healthy because he doesn't go where Hemsky does to make plays.
Kopitar is in the corners contributing to the cycle just as much as anyone else. Be serious. He doesn't get hurt because he's much bigger.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:53 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Kopitar is in the corners contributing to the cycle just as much as anyone else. Be serious. He doesn't get hurt because he's much bigger.
O.K. he does have 30lbs on Hemsky (should take my own advise on looking up stats) but this isn't about Hemsky VS Kopitar it's about how would they do together? Could putting those 2 guys together make them both superstars could Kopitar score 40 or 50 with Hemskys passes could Hemsky become Thorton with 20 goals and 80 assists instead of 20 goals and 50 assists. This is what D.L. has to judge, I'm just here have a discussion If you guys get Hemmer for what you want there will be some pissed Oiler fans If we get Schenn there will be some pissed Kings fans. That's why this is so much fun

Old
BigBrown
They did it again!

What are you trying to say here, swany? I don't really understand what point you're trying to prove.

edit: fair enough, you summarized it pretty well in your previous post.

Old
northernKing

Quote:
No he doesn't since the lockout Hemsky has averaged .924 PPG Kopitar in that same time has averaged .90 ppg so Hemsky scores at a higher rate (small but still there) and does mean just as muck to the Oil as Kopitar does to the kings. Now I will give you the games played Hemskey does get hurt and does miss time but when healthy he is a top 3 on most teams and would be on the kings. And I highly doubt we could get anything from you guys for Cogliano and a 1st both Simmonds and Cogs are 3rd liners. Stats Hockeydb.com
The main point MANY are missing is that Kopitar is signed for many years while Hemsky is an UFA in 2012. If Hemsky was signed to his current deal for 6 more years than I as a HUGE Schenn fan would probably pull the trigger on the deal. However why deal for Hemsky when he could walk away to another team in 16 months and lose Schenn just when LA is about to become a solid Cup contender?

As for those Oilers fans who keep on talking about getting into the playoffs and anything can happen, IMO EDM Cup run vs CAR actually hurt the team as Lowe ended up overpaying almost everyone of their FA's ( Horcoff, Gilbert, Pisani)

Old
02-24-2011, 12:58 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
The main point MANY are missing is that Kopitar is signed for many years while Hemsky is an UFA in 2012. If Hemsky was signed to his current deal for 6 more years than I as a HUGE Schenn fan would probably pull the trigger on the deal. However why deal for Hemsky when he could walk away to another team in 16 months and lose Schenn just when LA is about to become a solid Cup contender?

As for those Oilers fans who keep on talking about getting into the playoffs and anything can happen, IMO EDM Cup run vs CAR actually hurt the team as Lowe ended up overpaying almost everyone of their FA's ( Horcoff, Gilbert, Pisani)
i Lowe's defense, the Chris Pronger issue was the real mess there.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:58 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
What are you trying to say here, swany? I don't really understand what point you're trying to prove.
I'm trying to make the point that Hemsky means enough to the Oil for them to hold out for Schenn, (won't happen but you can't blame them) Also trying to point out that with Hemsky on Kopitar's RW you guys might have a 1 2 punch better than the twins. Kopitar showed he can score goals Hemsky has shown he is one of the best passers in the game. And if D.L. is still trying he must see the same sort of thing just not enough to give up Schenn. Also pointing out that Hemsky is an elite RW not some 2nd line rw as some think on this board, he might not be worth Schenn but he sure as heck is worth more than Simmonds and a pick.

Closed Thread