HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

I Saw Chelios at HealthSouth.

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2005, 01:47 AM
two out of three*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I Saw Chelios at HealthSouth.

Yeah.. It was pretty crazy. I went to the HealthSouth rink to try out for teams there and saw Mitch Kupchak (sp?) and Chelios.. I feel like a big-timer. Anyway, I Chelios sitting there watching the little kids skate. Nobody was there.. It was late at night, so thats why I went up to him. I don't wanna be annoying.. I'm sure he gets lockout questions every day.. Anyway I wen't up to get an autograph, and he talked to me for a quick sec. And as I was leaving I wanted to get out a good joke, so he'd be like "Oh, at least that kid was funny," and not "annoying little s**t." So I did my best, and came up with "Alright, now Im gonna get my 'cap' signed by Bettman."

He kinda looked at me.. I smiled to let him know I was joking, and he just kinda chuckled.. Hey I tried.. When am I gonna see him again anyways? Anybody have any better lines?

I ended up skating with his kid later that night.

Old
07-21-2005, 03:47 AM
McSorley 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesRLikeWins4Us
Yeah.. It was pretty crazy. I went to the HealthSouth rink to try out for teams there and saw Mitch Kupchak (sp?) and Chelios.. I feel like a big-timer. Anyway, I Chelios sitting there watching the little kids skate. Nobody was there.. It was late at night, so thats why I went up to him. I don't wanna be annoying.. I'm sure he gets lockout questions every day.. Anyway I wen't up to get an autograph, and he talked to me for a quick sec. And as I was leaving I wanted to get out a good joke, so he'd be like "Oh, at least that kid was funny," and not "annoying little s**t." So I did my best, and came up with "Alright, now Im gonna get my 'cap' signed by Bettman."

He kinda looked at me.. I smiled to let him know I was joking, and he just kinda chuckled.. Hey I tried.. When am I gonna see him again anyways? Anybody have any better lines?

Wonder why he was in LA. We don't need any aging defencemen.

Old
07-21-2005, 07:37 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33

He trains in the offseason in Venice beach

Old
07-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Glockaxis

Quote:

Since when???

Old
07-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Face Wash

I think he has a place in Malibu or something... maybe Manhattan... I think he and Luc are neighbors (maybe not) although you would have never known it during the '93 cup finals.

Old
07-21-2005, 01:34 PM
girl4kings
2012 & 2014 Champs

Send a message via AIM to girl4kings Send a message via Yahoo to girl4kings
Quote:

He is coaching some kid from so cal that will be drafted next week.

Old
07-21-2005, 03:24 PM
The mitchrock
Hunk of Monkey Love

With Shaq gone The Lakers needed toughness on the team. Kupchak is signing Chelios to a mid level excpetion for 5 mil which is more than he'd get in the NHL.

Old
07-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Mxpunk

His brother also lives in the South Bay...

Old
07-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Cropduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesRLikeWins4Us

That is hilarious. Thanks for your story you wrote it in such a way I belted out a nice laugh. Thanks

Old
07-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

vCash: 50
He's been here every year for the past 12 years. He used to skate at the Ice-O-Plex in Van Nuys during the summer too. He's always cranky.

Old
07-21-2005, 11:29 PM
McSorley 33

Do you guys ever seem to notice that alot of hockey players (not Kings or Ducks) seem to train or live in Socal or LA. I kinda find it odd. Example, I was strolling through NHL team web sites and noticed example that Belak from Toronto and Matt Johnson either live here in the Summer or often visit or train in Califorina. Just a few examples and Cheilos is another. Just a random thought

Old
07-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Saprykin Fan

hey

i know comrie,cleary live in LA during the summer, they own a house, Josh Green used to live with them. theres more but i forget.

Old
07-22-2005, 02:32 AM
Exisled

Chelios spent his young adult, (Jr. High/High School??), years living in San Diego after his family moved here from Chicago.

Seems reasonable enough to me that he'd choose sunny Southern California as the place to make his off-season home.

Old
07-22-2005, 02:56 AM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl4kings
He is coaching some kid from so cal that will be drafted next week.
some honeybaked kid?

Old
07-22-2005, 11:22 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Do you guys ever seem to notice that alot of hockey players (not Kings or Ducks) seem to train or live in Socal or LA. I kinda find it odd. Example, I was strolling through NHL team web sites and noticed example that Belak from Toronto and Matt Johnson either live here in the Summer or often visit or train in Califorina. Just a few examples and Cheilos is another. Just a random thought
I don't think its that odd. If I lived in Edmonton or Toronto or somewhere else cold during the season, I'd probably want to spend my summer nice and warm. Plus for a lot of those guys they might be living near where they grew up. Where for the guys on the Kings they spend all winter here enjoying the nice weather and summer is a time for them to go back home and see the family. A lot of NHL players train with this one trainer whose name is escaping me right now. As for Matt Johnson, he used to be on the Kings and probably likes the area a lot.

Old
07-23-2005, 12:07 AM
rsaturday

Check your facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
I think he has a place in Malibu or something... maybe Manhattan... I think he and Luc are neighbors (maybe not) although you would have never known it during the '93 cup finals.
Chelios played for the BLACKHAWKS in 1993, not the Canadiens.

Old
07-23-2005, 02:42 AM
5-Hole

NHL players in SoCal

two words:

GOLF COURSES

Closed Thread