HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dean Lombardi: Missed Opportunities, or Not?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2011, 12:07 AM
  #76
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
Steckel isn't a bust and is performing well for WASH, but not for LA. He didn't develop until after he was traded as part of the Deader/Miller for Blake/Reino trade. His numbers doubled with COL's affiliate and then moved again to WASH. ....
Steckel wasn't part of the Colorado/LA trade. The pick we used to get Steckel was part of that trade, but that pick came to us. Steckel was never signed by us, as we let him walk so we could get a compensatory 2nd round pick in 2004 or 2005 (I'm not sure which), and then Steckel signed later with Washington. The time Steckel spent in Manchester was because he signed with Manchester, but he never signed with LA. He also never signed with Colorado.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:01 PM
  #77
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=kingsfan;31185465]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post

A) How can you call bernier a future number 1 when he's only in his first NHL season and is a backup?
B) How can you give DT credit for Bernier when DT wasn't even with the team anymore, and you said that draft was a wash between Al Murray and DL?

I don't want DL to draft more LW's.... unless that's the best player available. Drafting BPA is thebest option. I'd like to see LA trade for a LW though.
I'm calling Bernier a FUTURE #1. Yes he may not pan out but I'm gonna predict he starts somewhere in the NHL in the next 3 yrs.

I was giving the DT/AM combo the credit for Bernier as DL has stated he had little to do with that draft.

I agree with the BPA but sometimes it would be nice to either move up or down to land a coveted LW. DL does trade ALOT of picks at the draft so why not one for a LW prospect. Unless of course LW prospects are hard to come by.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:15 PM
  #78
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Speaking of missed opportunities I hope LA and DL are able to take advantage at this years draft. Its a weird draft were after the top 8-12 players the scouts have a varying range on the next 15-30 players.

If LA makes the playoffs and ends up with a pick in the #18 range I'd like to see them move down and accumulate more picks for 2011 or 2012.

In 2008 NJ traded its #21 for #23 and #54.
NJ then moved #23 for #24 and #73

Later the Ducks traded #30 to PHX for #35 and #39.

So basically a team could move its #18th overall for something in the range of
#35,39,54,70,73

Obviously LA takes a player they REALLY want if available, but based on his draft history in LA, Lombardi seems to do better in the 2nd-7th rounds.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:32 PM
  #79
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Speaking of missed opportunities I hope LA and DL are able to take advantage at this years draft. Its a weird draft were after the top 8-12 players the scouts have a varying range on the next 15-30 players.

If LA makes the playoffs and ends up with a pick in the #18 range I'd like to see them move down and accumulate more picks for 2011 or 2012.

In 2008 NJ traded its #21 for #23 and #54.
NJ then moved #23 for #24 and #73

Later the Ducks traded #30 to PHX for #35 and #39.

So basically a team could move its #18th overall for something in the range of
#35,39,54,70,73

Obviously LA takes a player they REALLY want if available, but based on his draft history in LA, Lombardi seems to do better in the 2nd-7th rounds.
Funny, I was thinking DL will do the opposite- we need quality, not quantity. We already have 10 picks in this draft. Our pipeline is full of 3rd line grinders / characters and bottom pairing d-men. We need a stud or two on the wing. I'm not opposed to trading our whole draft to get the 3 or 4 players we really want.

Last year was an example of going and getting the guy we want. We traded up to get Forbort, Tiffoli, and Kitsyn.

driller1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:42 PM
  #80
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Speaking of missed opportunities I hope LA and DL are able to take advantage at this years draft. Its a weird draft were after the top 8-12 players the scouts have a varying range on the next 15-30 players.

If LA makes the playoffs and ends up with a pick in the #18 range I'd like to see them move down and accumulate more picks for 2011 or 2012.

In 2008 NJ traded its #21 for #23 and #54.
NJ then moved #23 for #24 and #73

Later the Ducks traded #30 to PHX for #35 and #39.

So basically a team could move its #18th overall for something in the range of
#35,39,54,70,73

Obviously LA takes a player they REALLY want if available, but based on his draft history in LA, Lombardi seems to do better in the 2nd-7th rounds.
based on the 'weak draft' estimates i am hoping he makes some moves like this. if they get to say #54 (hypothetical) and there isn't a player on their chart near that pick then move it. stockpile the picks for the following year, or as cards to be used in a trade. it doesn't make sense to draft a kid at #54 that you've charted at say #70.

it's going to be interesting also to see how many teams are looking to trade down picks. if there are to many then it makes it extremely difficult to get the addt'l picks.

the primary goal imo though is to trade up this summer to get into the top 5-top 10 so he can go after one of the top LW prospects. after that then go for the trade down strategy, unless there is a target at near prospective talent.

ive also been saying Dean should be trying to make some moves of D prospects for some prospects on the wings. go after the likes of C Kreider from NYR or T Beck from NSH

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:46 PM
  #81
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Funny, I was thinking DL will do the opposite- we need quality, not quantity. We already have 10 picks in this draft. Our pipeline is full of 3rd line grinders / characters and bottom pairing d-men. We need a stud or two on the wing. I'm not opposed to trading our whole draft to get the 3 or 4 players we really want.

Last year was an example of going and getting the guy we want. We traded up to get Forbort, Tiffoli, and Kitsyn.
LOL! I agree in going after the player you covet. However if not available the extra picks come in handy later especially if we can make some of them 2012 picks. At next yrs trade deadline a couple extra 2nd or 3rd picks will really help land some rental type players. The added picks also enable LA to take a few gamble/risky picks.

I also see your point and in past yrs, like last yr, I preferred it. However LA needs to take a look at the next two drafts as DL doesn't seem to deal any of HIS prospects so maybe we move picks instead?

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
  #82
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Funny, I was thinking DL will do the opposite- we need quality, not quantity. We already have 10 picks in this draft. Our pipeline is full of 3rd line grinders / characters and bottom pairing d-men. We need a stud or two on the wing. I'm not opposed to trading our whole draft to get the 3 or 4 players we really want.

Last year was an example of going and getting the guy we want. We traded up to get Forbort, Tiffoli, and Kitsyn.
The website I use only has LA with its original 7 draft picks for 2011?

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:52 PM
  #83
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
based on the 'weak draft' estimates i am hoping he makes some moves like this. if they get to say #54 (hypothetical) and there isn't a player on their chart near that pick then move it. stockpile the picks for the following year, or as cards to be used in a trade. it doesn't make sense to draft a kid at #54 that you've charted at say #70.

it's going to be interesting also to see how many teams are looking to trade down picks. if there are to many then it makes it extremely difficult to get the addt'l picks.

the primary goal imo though is to trade up this summer to get into the top 5-top 10 so he can go after one of the top LW prospects. after that then go for the trade down strategy, unless there is a target at near prospective talent.

ive also been saying Dean should be trying to make some moves of D prospects for some prospects on the wings. go after the likes of C Kreider from NYR or T Beck from NSH
Ya I agree! I would like to see DL move a d prospect to EDM for Curtis Hamilton who is having a very solid yr playing alongside Schenn. He is a big LW with scoring potential. I will be surprised when DL actually trades one of his prized prospects!

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
  #84
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
The website I use only has LA with its original 7 draft picks for 2011?
My memory is all kinds of fail today. We traded our 3rd last year for Toronto's 2012 (not 2011) 3rd. I thought we had one or two extra low round picks, but apparently not.

driller1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:18 PM
  #85
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Funny, I was thinking DL will do the opposite- we need quality, not quantity. We already have 10 picks in this draft. Our pipeline is full of 3rd line grinders / characters and bottom pairing d-men. We need a stud or two on the wing. I'm not opposed to trading our whole draft to get the 3 or 4 players we really want.

Last year was an example of going and getting the guy we want. We traded up to get Forbort, Tiffoli, and Kitsyn.
i agree, my point is to keep trading down this summer if the kid he wants isn't there, or is 10+ spots down his value chart. trade out and stockpile the picks....ALWAYS. that is how to keep building the value of the picks up, don't just use a pick because you've got it. unless a player(s) that you've got tabbed is there don't make the pick.

the only thing LA needs in quantity is wingers, but a quantity of quality wingers. like you said they've got enough grinders and character guys. many will say it's still early to judge, but Parse isn't the answer for the 1st or 2nd line. the little bit he's played i'm not seeing it. perhaps it's the TMu system that is inhibting his ability. imo Parse is another character/grinder that can spot fill when called upon

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:30 PM
  #86
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
i agree, my point is to keep trading down this summer if the kid he wants isn't there, or is 10+ spots down his value chart. trade out and stockpile the picks....ALWAYS. that is how to keep building the value of the picks up, don't just use a pick because you've got it. unless a player(s) that you've got tabbed is there don't make the pick.

the only thing LA needs in quantity is wingers, but a quantity of quality wingers. like you said they've got enough grinders and character guys. many will say it's still early to judge, but Parse isn't the answer for the 1st or 2nd line. the little bit he's played i'm not seeing it. perhaps it's the TMu system that is inhibting his ability. imo Parse is another character/grinder that can spot fill when called upon
Parse =\= Grinder!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:52 PM
  #87
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,430
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=nK;31193149]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post

I'm calling Bernier a FUTURE #1. Yes he may not pan out but I'm gonna predict he starts somewhere in the NHL in the next 3 yrs.

I was giving the DT/AM combo the credit for Bernier as DL has stated he had little to do with that draft.

I agree with the BPA but sometimes it would be nice to either move up or down to land a coveted LW. DL does trade ALOT of picks at the draft so why not one for a LW prospect. Unless of course LW prospects are hard to come by.
I'd rather give credit on bernier when he actually is a number 1. When that happens, we can discuss who gets credit but I've argued in the past that if DT was still in charge, bernier wouldn't have been picked as he was a staunch advocate of not drafting goalies in the first round. But that has been discussed in the past, and I'll leave it alone.

As for the LW's, DL, from what I recall, largely deals picks for other picks, not for players. The 2010 draft aside, he's typically dealt draft picks to teams for either multiple lower picks, or higher picks in drafts down the round (like a 2007 4th for a 2008 3rd).

Seeing as this year he did trade up to get some wingers (IE: Toffoli) maybe he did this year just what you asked. It's not set in stone Toffoli or Weal or other RW's we have can't switch to LW, and maybe DL is planning on having some do just that.


Last edited by kingsfan: 02-24-2011 at 02:00 PM.
kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:58 PM
  #88
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
based on the 'weak draft' estimates i am hoping he makes some moves like this. if they get to say #54 (hypothetical) and there isn't a player on their chart near that pick then move it. stockpile the picks for the following year, or as cards to be used in a trade. it doesn't make sense to draft a kid at #54 that you've charted at say #70.
I assume you mean don't draft someone who you don't think is worth drafting at #54 (late second round)? Because it's impossible to be picking at 54 and taking the guy you had listed at 70, unless you think 69 players will get drafted in only 53 picks.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 02:01 PM
  #89
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=kingsfan;31196833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post

As for the LW's, DL, from what I recall, largely deals picks for other picks, not for players. The 2010 draft aside, he's typically dealt draft picks to teams for either multiple lower picks, or higher picks in drafts down the round (like a 2007 4th for a 2008 3rd).

Seeing as this year he did trade up to get some wingers (IE: Toffoli) maybe he did this year just what you asked. It's not set in stone Toffoli or Weal or other RW's we have can't switch to LW, and maybe DL is planning on having some do just that.
my take on trading some D prospects for LW prospects is that it jump starts the development time to MAN/LA. if he could say move Voynov to NSH for T Beck it cuts the time for said winger to move up the system. Beck will most likely be moving up from Jrs now and into either the AHL, or NHL line-up. instead of making a pick this summer and waiting most likely for the 1-3 years of Jrs followed by AHL development, it moves the process along a few years.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 02:11 PM
  #90
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I assume you mean don't draft someone who you don't think is worth drafting at #54 (late second round)? Because it's impossible to be picking at 54 and taking the guy you had listed at 70, unless you think 69 players will get drafted in only 53 picks.
if you've got a player tagged #70 on your board and it's your pick at #54, you don't take him. you build your draft board pre-draft based on your scouts analysis, which is based on their assessment of player value. to draft a kid that you value 16 slots lower would be essentially wasting the pick. the rule of thumb is to go with BPA based on your team's draft board or trade out of the pick. if you value the prospect enough you then try make a move around the 70th pick to get him, but don't take him at 54.

im certain the NHL clubs have this as nailed down as the NFL does. the NFL has this entire process down to a science and what every pick is worth. i can try find the formula breakdown they use.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 02:13 PM
  #91
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
if you've got a player tagged #70 on your board and it's your pick at #54, you don't take him. you build your draft board pre-draft based on your scouts analysis, which is based on their assessment of player value. to draft a kid that you value 16 slots lower would be essentially wasting the pick. the rule of thumb is to go with BPA based on your team's draft board or trade out of the pick. if you value the prospect enough you then try make a move around the 70th pick to get him, but don't take him at 54.

im certain the NHL clubs have this as nailed down as the NFL does. the NFL has this entire process down to a science and what every pick is worth. i can try find the formula breakdown they use.
I've heard of the NFL formula, but I've never seen it. I'd like to see it if you do find it.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 02:20 PM
  #92
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
found this calculator just now. still trying to find 1 or 2 others to see if the numbers line up

http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcul...pick-value.php

check it out and i think you will see where i'm coming from as the value based formula. if you plug in the scenario i was talking A - 54 trading to B -70, there is a difference of 120 value points. in order for team B to compensate team A for equal value, they would need to add an addt'l 120 pts worth of picks.

another value chart, the numbers in the late rounds are just slightly different
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...alue_chart.htm


Last edited by Whiskeypete: 02-24-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
  #93
SC2008
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
found this calculator just now. still trying to find 1 or 2 others to see if the numbers line up

http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcul...pick-value.php

check it out and i think you will see where i'm coming from as the value based formula. if you plug in the scenario i was talking A - 54 trading to B -70, there is a difference of 120 value points. in order for team B to compensate team A for equal value, they would need to add an addt'l 120 pts worth of picks.

another value chart, the numbers in the late rounds are just slightly different
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...alue_chart.htm
Interesting.

I ran the formula on one of DL's famous draft day trades:

#2 overall (Legwand) for Nashville's #3 (Stuart) and #29 (Cheechoo).

In theory the Sharks gained 9.23%--whatever that means. In reality I'd say they won the trade.

Stuart was the 3rd runner-up to the Calder, key piece in the Thornton deal.

Nothing replaces Cheechoo's magical season, was also a key piece of the Heatley deal.

Ironically Stuart and Cheechoo hooked up for one of the Sharks most memoriable goals. Playoffs against the Avs, Stuart passes to Cheechoo, scoring between and behind his legs, past Blake, past Roy.

SC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:13 PM
  #94
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
it gives the GMs a system to judge/grade trades, either for picks or players. by assigning a point value system it helps them get equal value. obviously there are subjective/objective viewpoints on a player's worth, this helps put an equal value point system on them based entirely on draft position.

it's not perfect obviously imo when it comes to players, especially established players. it works great i think when it comes to trading picks and prospects. the subjective/objective viewpoints cloud a players worth, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

for established players i don't think it works that well because they can destroy the point value system based on performance. just compare some early round busts against the proverbial 'late round-steal of the draft'. take a look at some of the high picks for the Kings that have been busts.

Tukonen (2004, 1st, #11 - 1250), Roussin (2005, 2nd, #50 - 400)
versus
Datsyuk (1998, 6th, #171 - 24), or Zetterberg (1999, 7th, 210 - 8.4)

for established players it just doesn't work. these is definitely on the extreme on both sides, but you can play with other players and see how it doesn't work quite often. for prospects and unproven players though it gives a GM some way of assigning value.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:48 PM
  #95
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
for the hell of it you can run some old trades or proposals to see how they line up

Vis (4th, #118, 58 pts) for Stoll (2nd, #36, 540) & Greene (2nd, #44, 460)
+942 for LA

Schenn (1st, #5, 1700), Teubert (1st, #13, 1150), 2011 3rd as of today #79 (195 pts)
for
Hemsky (1st, #13, 1150), Gagner (1st, #6, 1600)
-295 for LA

The Vis trade was great for LA in many ways. This just bears it out more without the opinons of players value.

The proposed was just one I took from the board. Everyone overvalues their team's assets and undervalues the other team's. If anything this is one way of judging value equally. Although as I stated earlier it's tough to hold values on established players.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:54 PM
  #96
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
The Vis trade was great for LA in many ways.
It was also not great in one major way - "Vote for Lubo" committed to the team long term only to be sold out hours before his no trade contract kicked in. That was a little harsh...

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:00 PM
  #97
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
It was also not great in one major way - "Vote for Lubo" committed to the team long term only to be sold out hours before his no trade contract kicked in. That was a little harsh...
While it was a good trade, and I understand why DL did the trade too, I agree with you, it was a bit harsh.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:58 AM
  #98
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
it was a business decision that had to be made, his contract would have hamstrung DL as he re-built the team. iirc the dodgy part of it was that his NTC was to kick in and Dean traded him before it went into effect.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:14 AM
  #99
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 35,529
vCash: 500
I recall reading something about Lombardi being instructed at the time to cut some salary at the time. This rumor circulated around the same time the team was rumored to be bought by the Boston Celtics owners.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:22 AM
  #100
driller1
Dry Island Reject
 
driller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
for the hell of it you can run some old trades or proposals to see how they line up

Vis (4th, #118, 58 pts) for Stoll (2nd, #36, 540) & Greene (2nd, #44, 460)
+942 for LA

Schenn (1st, #5, 1700), Teubert (1st, #13, 1150), 2011 3rd as of today #79 (195 pts)
for
Hemsky (1st, #13, 1150), Gagner (1st, #6, 1600)
-295 for LA

The Vis trade was great for LA in many ways. This just bears it out more without the opinons of players value.

The proposed was just one I took from the board. Everyone overvalues their team's assets and undervalues the other team's. If anything this is one way of judging value equally. Although as I stated earlier it's tough to hold values on established players.
Typically (at least in the NFL) the charts only apply before the draft. Obviously once the players have a year or two, their "worth" changes depending on how they perform. This chart system (developed by Jimmy Johnson - then with the Cowboys) was instrumental in making real time draft day decisions on moving up and moving down. The Troy Aikman / Emmitt Smith dynasty was built with shrewd drafting and trading. Obviously everyone has these charts now at the draft, so its not a competitive advantage.

driller1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.