HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon & Lombardi (concussions), O'Reilly (leg), & Goc (shoulder) all out

Old
02-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Goc done for season per Josh Cooper. Shoulder surgery.

What now?
GOOD THING WE WAIVED SVATOS!!!!

*kicks a table*

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:48 PM
darth5
No!

DP had to already know this was a strong possibility before waiving Svatos. Plus, if Trotz did not like what he saw (i.e., did not trust him with normal icetime), what good does it do to keep him on the roster? Might as well dump him and look for someone that is a better fit-- or bring Mueller /Halischuk back up

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:48 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I think if no trade is made we could be ok. Just depends on what you want the 4th line to do.

I still like:

erat-fisher-sk
wilson-legwand-horn
ward-smithson-tootoo
sully-spaling-dumont

now of course I'd rather put spaling on the smithson line, and promote halishuck and mueller to form a true energy line again. with the lineup i set forth, that 4th line should only play 6-7 ES min. load dumont and sully on PP time. We need to maximize what we have and I think this is what could work if given a few games.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

I still like:

erat-fisher-sk
wilson-legwand-horn
ward-smithson-tootoo
sully-spaling-dumont
That is NOT a playoff team.

Old
02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Goc done for season per Josh Cooper. Shoulder surgery.

What now?
I believe we're waiting for O'reilly.

Or, we're gonna' live with Sully on Leggy's line and Wilson is gonna' center that 4th.

Or, we're gonna' stink up the joint again tonight and then bring back Mueller and Halischuck.

Or, we do the smart thing and roll an energy line as an energy line - Toots, Smitty, and Ward or Spaling. Let Wilson and Sully play with the other guy as 3rd line, getting 3rd line mins, not the scraps.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Sucks for Goc, but predictable given his previous shoulder issues this season.

With Svatos gone, good thing Belak is still healthy as our lone spare forward just in case someone gets sick/turns an ankle/chokes on a chicken bone before tonight's game.

Yippeee!!!

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
I believe we're waiting for O'reilly.

Or, we're gonna' live with Sully on Leggy's line and Wilson is gonna' center that 4th.

Or, we're gonna' stink up the joint again tonight and then bring back Mueller and Halischuck.

Or, we do the smart thing and roll an energy line as an energy line - Toots, Smitty, and Ward or Spaling. Let Wilson and Sully play with the other guy as 3rd line, getting 3rd line mins, not the scraps.
Cal O is still on crutches---he ain't coming back anytime soon.

Old
02-24-2011, 01:13 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Cal O is still on crutches---he ain't coming back anytime soon.
Usually with the Preds with regard to injuries no news is not good news. The fact we haven't really heard crap on Cal worries me. I'd be pretty surprised if we saw him before April.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:30 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Let's just get it over with...

For the record I still think there's hope, but I'm certainly not letting this day go by without some necessary pessimism.

Last edited by JohniusMaximus: 02-24-2011 at 01:56 PM.
JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 02:40 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
That is NOT a playoff team.
YES i think it is. unleash the fury negative nancy.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:04 PM
roseyc

Quote:
YES i think it is. unleash the fury negative nancy.
Not the way we are scoring and if Suter's is not healthy we got a big gap between two and three defensively. They need Sully to have a flair up with his back or groin (not scratch him and give the diginty he deserves and say put him on ir)and bring back up Halichuk. The pp is still patethic. I didn't know how much sk meant to our scoring but he means a great deal...where would we be without him.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

So, everybody remembers that Rinne's jersey was supposed to go up on the Discovery, right?

Pekka In Space

Well the Discovery finally is scheduled for it's long delayed flight today. So why am I writing about this in the "Injury Thread"? Because Tim Kopra, who was supposed to be taking up the jersey with him was.......

Injured In Bike Accident

Seriously. I can't make this up. He broke his hip riding his bicycle and was replaced on the crew.

It's official, the Preds are cursed.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:26 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Yeah, the team is needs a sponsorship from either Krispy Creme, Dunkin Donuts, or Tim Horton's because they only have holes at center.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:54 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
So, everybody remembers that Rinne's jersey was supposed to go up on the Discovery, right?

Pekka In Space

Well the Discovery finally is scheduled for it's long delayed flight today. So why am I writing about this in the "Injury Thread"? Because Tim Kopra, who was supposed to be taking up the jersey with him was.......

Injured In Bike Accident

Seriously. I can't make this up. He broke his hip riding his bicycle and was replaced on the crew.

It's official, the Preds are cursed.

That is eery!! but hopefully all curses come to an end and hopefully this year

Old
02-24-2011, 04:00 PM
braindead

Quote:
I think if no trade is made we could be ok. Just depends on what you want the 4th line to do.

I still like:

erat-fisher-sk
wilson-legwand-horn
ward-smithson-tootoo
sully-spaling-dumont

now of course I'd rather put spaling on the smithson line, and promote halishuck and mueller to form a true energy line again. with the lineup i set forth, that 4th line should only play 6-7 ES min. load dumont and sully on PP time. We need to maximize what we have and I think this is what could work if given a few games.
Wow, that is exactly what I would do. This is the lineup that makes the most of what we have. I think Spaling centering sully and dumont makes a ton of sense-- he can play defense and they can turn the puck over. Seriously, he has enough skill to pair with them and it allows the rest of the lines to be rationalized. Wilson stays away from center, the energy line has the correct makeup. Sign me up.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 05:18 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Wow, that is exactly what I would do. This is the lineup that makes the most of what we have. I think Spaling centering sully and dumont makes a ton of sense-- he can play defense and they can turn the puck over. Seriously, he has enough skill to pair with them and it allows the rest of the lines to be rationalized. Wilson stays away from center, the energy line has the correct makeup. Sign me up.
If nothing else happens and this is it I would sit Sully and insert Halichuk. I was really impressed by his hustle and puck awareness and the young legs. Sully at this point is a true liability

Old
02-24-2011, 06:02 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Not the way we are scoring and if Suter's is not healthy we got a big gap between two and three defensively. They need Sully to have a flair up with his back or groin (not scratch him and give the diginty he deserves and say put him on ir)and bring back up Halichuk. The pp is still patethic. I didn't know how much sk meant to our scoring but he means a great deal...where would we be without him.
real quick, go look at our pp % from all star break to now. and from jan 1 from now. let me know what you find all knowing one.

I agree in that I hate watching them squander 4 out of every 5 power plays, but guess what, 20% is 20%

Old
02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
roseyc

Quote:
real quick, go look at our pp % from all star break to now. and from jan 1 from now. let me know what you find all knowing one.

I agree in that I hate watching them squander 4 out of every 5 power plays, but guess what, 20% is 20%
Let's put it like this if you were rating our pp out of 5 stars what would you give it
I'd give it a 1 for bringing the puck across the blue line other than that it's weak. You can stat yourself to death and it don't mean anything. For instance our pk was bad at the beginning of the year and now it's great. I don't know the % of it. I know since Spaling was put on it ...it's great....I like your sarcasm though.

Old
02-24-2011, 11:07 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

it has been operating at 18-19 percent since january since you are too lazy to look it up, which almost to a poster has said they would be happy with.

Old
02-24-2011, 11:45 PM
roseyc

Quote:
it has been operating at 18-19 percent since january since you are too lazy to look it up, which almost to a poster has said they would be happy with.
I don't care about % ...you do...why should I... it doesn't prove anything ...by the way where do you look it up at just for your sake....lazy eh! your point is what that your happy with a weak pp...fine if you don't care about winning

Old
02-24-2011, 11:55 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I don't care about % ...you do...why should I... it doesn't prove anything ...by the way where do you look it up at just for your sake....lazy eh! your point is what that your happy with a weak pp...fine if you don't care about winning
No, my point, which for some reason you are too stubborn to see, is that the pp has been clicking at at competent level since jan. 1. And, since you ask, I looked at it game by game since. They teach us math up north. Yes, I am happy with a PP that clicks 18% or above. Are you not?

Old
02-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Sullivan to IR and Hals is called up. So much for big moves...

Old
02-25-2011, 12:22 PM
predfan98

Quote:
No, my point, which for some reason you are too stubborn to see, is that the pp has been clicking at at competent level since jan. 1. And, since you ask, I looked at it game by game since. They teach us math up north. Yes, I am happy with a PP that clicks 18% or above. Are you not?
Hey, we don't claim this math wizard down here. LOL

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:34 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Hey, we don't claim this math wizard down here. LOL
Sorry if that offended any rational people. It is the small part of snob combined with the thrilling drive home combined with anger from the game that had me going. And the fact I hate unfounded statements.

Old
02-25-2011, 12:42 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Sorry if that offended any rational people. It is the small part of snob combined with the thrilling drive home combined with anger from the game that had me going. And the fact I hate unfounded statements.
rational, rational............ I wasn't offended at all......I totally understand....

just commenting.....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote