HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2011, 11:59 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

vCash: 500
I still don't think it's realistic for the Oilers to expect Schenn as a return for Hemsky when he is prone to injuries and not locked up long term. If that's what it's gonna take to get it done then the Kings are better off looking in another direction. It doesn't hurt to keep asking though, it is a process after all with both sides ultimately having to give and take if a deal is gonna get done.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:01 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

I don't know why Oiler fans are on this thread trying to talk up their players being better than our most skilled and talented player in Kopi.

We're not going to part with Schenn. End of story.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:07 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I don't mind Oilers fans being here on our boards but speak some sense. I just don't see how giving up Brayden Schenn for Ales Hemsky makes sense for us. It'll probably be Simmonds, Voynov and a 1st or something of that nature

Old
02-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I just don't see how giving up Brayden Schenn for Ales Hemsky makes sense for us.
That is all that needs to be said.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:11 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I don't know why Oiler fans are on this thread trying to talk up their players being better than our most skilled and talented player in Kopi.

We're not going to part with Schenn. End of story.
Because I'm also a Kings fan, I was responding to another poster who said Hemsky doesn't mean the same to Edmonton that Kopitar does to L.A. and I just showed that Hemsky scores more on a PPG basis and does. I'm also on here pointing out how good Hemsky is because him Kopitar and Smyth could take you gys a long way in the playoffs that's it. I don't care if Hemsky gets traded he can stay here and we can resign him. Heck in Hemsky we know what we have Schenn good come up and suck he's an unknown (he will be really good Eberle good)

Old
02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
swany

Quote:
I don't mind Oilers fans being here on our boards but speak some sense. I just don't see how giving up Brayden Schenn for Ales Hemsky makes sense for us. It'll probably be Simmonds, Voynov and a 1st or something of that nature
Now see that's not bad and that's why D.L. and Tambi keep talking how about taking out the 1st and putting in Teubert

Old
02-24-2011, 12:53 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
Because I'm also a Kings fan, I was responding to another poster who said Hemsky doesn't mean the same to Edmonton that Kopitar does to L.A. and I just showed that Hemsky scores more on a PPG basis and does. I'm also on here pointing out how good Hemsky is because him Kopitar and Smyth could take you gys a long way in the playoffs that's it. I don't care if Hemsky gets traded he can stay here and we can resign him. Heck in Hemsky we know what we have Schenn good come up and suck he's an unknown (he will be really good Eberle good)
Problem with Hemsky, is his health. That hurts his value a little bit.

I understand the Oilers asking for the moon, that's within their right in terms of negotiation. Kings just aren't going to give away the store for a player like Hemsky. All it is right now, is trade deadline hype, and Dean doesn't buy into the hype and hoopla.

My prediction is that Dean will probably stand pat, and doubt the Oilers have any suitors meeting their asking price, making them hang on to Hemsky and Penner for another season.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Stastny and Liles not at the avs practice. :p

Old
02-24-2011, 12:57 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Moller and a pick?

Old
02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
N/m maintenance day lol.

Old
02-24-2011, 01:00 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
I love how this is always a deal. Remember a week or two ago when Gustavsson wasn't at practice...Leafs thought they were getting some great player for him....turned out that it was just his irregular heartbeat returning...

Old
02-24-2011, 02:00 PM
wicker

To Oilers fans:

We get that Hemsky is a really good player. We do. It's just that Schenn won't be traded for him. If Schenn is ever traded, it would be along with a few more assets in order to get an elite, top player at a very important position (a center, perhaps). Hemsky is not that player. At least, for this organization. I also don't think he'll be traded this season, and especially not to the Kings, if the asking price remains the same. Much ado about nothing.

Also, in regards to the Peter Stastny freak out... I don't think his ire was really directed at the trade that went down, and maybe had more to do with internal rumblings from the organization that his kid is available and that they might be looking to trade him. The timing of his rant oddly coincides with all the Stastny rumors that have been going around.

Old
02-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Bodmanza
pipsqueaks united

Quote:
I would make that deal in a heartbeat.

But you can't blame us Oiler fans regarding the Schenn fascination, we haven't had much deadline excitement over the last few years save a few primadonna superstars demanding trades!

Old
02-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
that is similar to the package that Marek is saying is being offered (clifford, Voyonov, + 1st). For us uniniated Oiler fans, can you guys tell us what kind of prospects Clifford and Voyonov are? Is that reasonable value for Hemsky?

Old
02-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Ollie Weeks

Simmonds or Clifford: which do you relinquish if given the choice?

Old
02-24-2011, 02:50 PM
DeeMeck

clifford...I think Simmonds has more offensive upside

Old
02-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
Simmonds, too much going on behind the scenes.

Old
02-24-2011, 02:58 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Clifford

Old
02-24-2011, 03:04 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Hmm, this is a hard one, IMO. I think I'll have to go with keeping Clifford in the end. I LOVE Simmonds, but when he's off his game, he's not doing anything out there lately. Clifford has the body and strength to be an agitator and fighter when he isn't putting up points. He has a stronger core than I think Simmonds will ever have. He's also a left winger, which we need more of. I'd just have to hope that Clifford can start putting up more points.

If Simmonds was putting up the same points as he was last year, and looking like the same player, I would have said Simmonds I think.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:04 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Simmonds, too much going on behind the scenes.
Agreed. Simmonds has stalled out this year. The Kings must know about what goes on behind the scenes, if they're not happy with what they know Simmonds would be first to go.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Neither. Especially not for Hemsky or Penner. I am glad some of you are not the gm. That's what you call a "quick fix".

If DL trades Simmonds & 1st for Hemsky, he should be fired on the spot.

If you're going to trade any Simmonds and/or Clifford, do it in the off season. But it better be for a player like Nash or E. Staal.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:36 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
Neither. Especially not for Hemsky or Penner. I am glad some of you are not the gm. That's what you call a "quick fix".

If DL trades Simmonds & 1st for Hemsky, he should be fired on the spot.

If you're going to trade any Simmonds and/or Clifford, do it in the off season. But it better be for a player like Nash or E. Staal.
Dreger on the fan 990 just said it will take a top prospect, 1st round pick and a third asst to get Hemsky asked about the price to get Hemsky he pointed out what Kaberle got and he's a UFA at the end of the season, guess that's where Simmonds, Clifford and the 1st came from. And buddy for that package you won't get Staal or Nash if you want one of those guys start with Kopitar and add. Nash and Stall both have scored over 100 points no way will either be traded for 2nd 3rd lines and a prospect D man

Old
02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
ZJames

Why is it that everyone seems to be willing to trade simmonds so quickly? And especially for an injury prone rental? Simmonds is having an off year, this is true. But the fact of the matter is that he is still in his early 20's(22 if im not mistaken) and is going to continue to improve.

If the kings were including him in a trade for a talented winger who would not be a rental and is not injury prone, then Id be all in. But the kings have traded away young promising players way too much for rentals and injury prone players in the time that I have been following them, and im sure like most every other kings fan, im sick and tired of it.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:42 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
Why is it that everyone seems to be willing to trade simmonds so quickly? And especially for an injury prone rental? Simmonds is having an off year, this is true. But the fact of the matter is that he is still in his early 20's(22 if im not mistaken) and is going to continue to improve.

If the kings were including him in a trade for a talented winger who would not be a rental and is not injury prone, then Id be all in. But the kings have traded away young promising players way too much for rentals and injury prone players in the time that I have been following them, and im sure like most every other kings fan, im sick and tired of it.
How is Hemsky a rental he still has another year left on his contract, a rental means UFA at seasons end which Hemsky is not.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
How is Hemsky a rental he still has another year left on his contract, a rental means UFA at seasons end which Hemsky is not.
I was thinking he only had one more year left on his contract. So I was wrong about that one. But the fact that hemsky is injury prone is still another big one for me. hes only played 44 games this year, and 22 games last year. not very appealing to me.

Closed Thread