HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn heading to Nashville

Old
02-24-2011, 02:40 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Andrei Kostitsyn heading to Nashville

Is this why Svatos was waived? I hope so.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=882197

according to multiple twitter accounts, some of who've been pretty good at this trade prediction stuff.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:03 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

at this point, i take AK

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:31 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Sure, Andrei, welcome to Nashville. Sergei will get you a ticket, someone will buy you a beer (or if you prefer some vodka), and you can watch Sergei play.

Then you can head back to Montreal after your vacay.

.....I think Sergei has done well out from his brothers shadow. I know Andrei has some good offense, but I don't know how well they would be together. I don't think they weren't exactly lighting the world on fire in Montreal. Also, I don't know how well Andrei would fit in Trotz's system, although Sergei has apparently bought in and is playing pretty well.

But if it does happen, well OK. I just hope we don't give up too much for him, like, not more than a pick.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 04:50 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Sure, Andrei, welcome to Nashville. Sergei will get you a ticket, someone will buy you a beer (or if you prefer some vodka), and you can watch Sergei play.

Then you can head back to Montreal after your vacay.

.....I think Sergei has done well out from his brothers shadow. I know Andrei has some good offense, but I don't know how well they would be together. I don't think they weren't exactly lighting the world on fire in Montreal. Also, I don't know how well Andrei would fit in Trotz's system, although Sergei has apparently bought in and is playing pretty well.

But if it does happen, well OK. I just hope we don't give up too much for him, like, not more than a pick.
I'm sure it's more than a pick. Maybe a prospect. Rumor is Franson and a 2nd for AK and a 3rd. That part sounds bogus. If we trade a D or D prospect, franson or blum, we have no reason to send a pick as well.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
I have a feeling we get two players. Maybe a three way trade with Montreal and Edmonton we get Kostitsyn and Smid.

To Edm
Blum

To MTL
O'Brien
Budish or Pickard (a change of scenery draft prospect)?

Smid provides a more responsible O'Brien and we add offense.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:21 AM
MattPreds37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
I have a feeling we get two players. Maybe a three way trade with Montreal and Edmonton we get Kostitsyn and Smid.

To Edm
Blum

To MTL
O'Brien
Budish or Pickard (a change of scenery draft prospect)?

Smid provides a more responsible O'Brien and we add offense.
I think we need to add D rather than making replacements...

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

NHL sources say is not a credible source. He is comparable to Eklund. He's the only one to mention Nashville.

The other guy, incarcerated bob, is somewhat legit according to Hab fans, but he's still an unproven source. And he never said anything about Nashville. Just said that AK is about to be traded.

That thread over on the Montreal boards has since been locked due to the rumor not being credible.

Obviously, AK to Nashville makes some sense, but it's not a done deal yet. I'd be all for it if we could unload one of our heavy contracts.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:30 AM
jlsg

If its AK and picks for Franson and picks then I'd do it in a second. Blum, Josi, Johnson etc etc we have dmen that we can put in the same protected role that Franson is in.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:00 AM
glenngineer

It's also interesting in the sense that Trotz made a comment about Blum the other night. I believe it was in the context of, even if Suter is back in the lineup tonight, Blum might be as well. It either means we're playing 7 D in case Suter isn't 100% ready to go or Blum is in and someone else other than Weber, Suter and probably Klein are sitting down which means Sulzer, SOB or Franson and with Sulzer and Blum having paired together in the minors, I doubt it's Sulzer.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:06 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Until I see someone not ************* reporting this, I take it with a grain of salt. However, I'm not against adding AK. I don't think Sergei playing with his brother was at all the problem...I think playing in MTL with a coach pulling some shady stuff was the problem.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think playing in MTL with a coach pulling some shady stuff was the problem.
What kind of shady stuff are you refering to?

SK seems to be doing great in Nashville...good for him for turning a corner. But trust me he did himself no favors in Montreal with his attitude. He clearly needed a change of scenery.

Looks like the same situation with AK. He has been given top 6 minutes and good linemates for most of the past two seasons but his play has still been highly inconsistent. I don't think you can blame the coaching staff here as well.

I certainly believe that AK could also benefit from a change of scenery and could do quite well in Nashville. He did show very good chemistry with his brother early on...trust me if they both bring their "A" games this could be a very talented duo for you guys.

From a Montreal standpoint i would definitely do AK + change for Franson + change.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Jarnberg

I think trading Franson would be a mistake.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:19 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I think trading Franson would be a mistake.
Agreed. I don't think it's a good deal at all for us.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:37 AM
roseyc

I would try to AK but not for Franson. Franson has emerged as one of the guy that does score on the pp. Maybe send a pick and Halichuk. We still need a defenseman. Klein's play in the Columbus game has big concerns about his ability. Columbus was strictly targeted him. Klein's play against Nash was one of the weakest defensive effort I've seen. Why didn't he at least try to hook him instead he made 3 mistakes on that first goal. First he let him get around on him and second he didn't try to push to the outside and then he let him skate on goal and he went around the goal and tried to use his stick instead of his body. You can say it's just one game and one bad game but when either Suter or Weber get hurt during the game Klein can't take us the slack. I would consider trading him and get a quality defenseman

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I would try to AK but not for Franson. Franson has emerged as one of the guy that does score on the pp. Maybe send a pick and Halichuk. We still need a defenseman. Klein's play in the Columbus game has big concerns about his ability. Columbus was strictly targeted him. Klein's play against Nash was one of the weakest defensive effort I've seen. Why didn't he at least try to hook him instead he made 3 mistakes on that first goal. First he let him get around on him and second he didn't try to push to the outside and then he let him skate on goal and he went around the goal and tried to use his stick instead of his body. You can say it's just one game and one bad game but when either Suter or Weber get hurt during the game Klein can't take us the slack. I would consider trading him and get a quality defenseman
Klein has been our clear number three defenseman all season. Weber makes mistakes, too. Ship him off!

I don't trade Franson for AK. I definitely don't start adding picks.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
...I don't trade Franson for AK. I definitely don't start adding picks.
+1
Franson is not untouchable, but certainly not for a risky forward like AK.
Would have to be significant and proven upgrade over what we ice now.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:06 PM
predfan24

If Ak came here he would be another forward on our team that would always leave you wanting more ala Legwand.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 02:53 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Klein has been our clear number three defenseman all season. Weber makes mistakes, too. Ship him off!

Weber doesn't make the mistakes Klein does consistantly. Weber yeah he does make mistake and if he made as many as Klein then he wouldn't worth it but he doesn't. If Klein is our clear number three defenseman then we got troubles. He has regressed and the other night just reinterates that. Especially if you know x's and o's of the games then you would know that Klein upside has turned the wrong way. Who said anything about adding picks. We are talking about trading for AK

Old
02-24-2011, 03:03 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

yeah, please explain the Xs and Os part of that, I think that would be interesting.

Klein is our clear number 3, and has been all year. He does pull some brain farts some but most 2nd and 3rd pairing defensemen do.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:20 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
yeah, please explain the Xs and Os part of that, I think that would be interesting.

Klein is our clear number 3, and has been all year. He does pull some brain farts some but most 2nd and 3rd pairing defensemen do.
I'm sure just because he's wearing the Preds sweater makes him better and you live with a defenseman making that many as you say brain farts. His play against Nash wasn't a brain fart it was a clear beat down. But Klein has too many to count brain farts as well. If Franson makes those it's because he less experienced understandbly. Klein should know better and there is such thing as getting better. He is not. I defended him last year but not this year.

Interesting about your observations of the Xs and Os it depends on how long you've been watching hockey. And your source of reference. But if your just a fan it doesn't matter it's just one person's opinion verses anothers

Old
02-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

What would we have to give up to get Dustin Penner ? ... we really don't have a big time body in the forward corp

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
What would we have to give up to get Dustin Penner ? ... we really don't have a big time body in the forward corp
Penner has another year left on his contract that pays him 4.25. It would take players and picks to get him and if we can fit him in our salary base. But he would be a good addition. I like him better than Hemsky which is rumored to be on block too. Hemsky make about the same money Penner has 21 goals so far this year.Hemsky has 13. Edm holds all the cards right now so it will take quite a bit for them to move him but I think they'll move him. I don't see us doing it though. It would be a bold move and just what we need.

Old
02-24-2011, 03:51 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Yea Id be furious if we traded Franson for AK. You dont trade just for the sake of trading.

Franson>AK

Franson has and will continue to show why he is more important to us than a SEMI-dynamic, and i emphasize semi, offensive talent.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:55 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Penner has another year left on his contract that pays him 4.25. It would take players and picks to get him and if we can fit him in our salary base. But he would be a good addition. I like him better than Hemsky which is rumored to be on block too. Hemsky make about the same money Penner has 21 goals so far this year.Hemsky has 13. Edm holds all the cards right now so it will take quite a bit for them to move him but I think they'll move him. I don't see us doing it though. It would be a bold move and just what we need.
Hemsky has also played less games due to injury. BUT, still has more points. Its hard to chose between those two. To me Penner is a young Arnott, and Hemksy is a consistent Erat.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 04:59 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Hemsky has also played less games due to injury. BUT, still has more points. Its hard to chose between those two. To me Penner is a young Arnott, and Hemksy is a consistent Erat.
That's the thing about this year Erat had 20 goals last year and now he's just got what 9 goals. You know I don't think he's gotten over the playoff bufoon play. If someone deserve redemption it's Erat. We know Legwand is not going to score that is a given