HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[OTT/PIT] Kovalev to Pittsburgh for a Conditional 7th round pick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2011, 03:45 PM
  #276
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Is this a record for threads on one trade?

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:47 PM
  #277
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 34,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
That's all it took? Wow. Seems like a waste though. Pittsburgh isn't going to win it this year with Malkin out and Crosby still a question mark. The Neal move was for the future; this one is a win now move.
Assuming Crosby comes back, and there is some indication the Pens believe that to be the case, the Pens even without Malkin come playoff time will be a team no one wants to play. One on the Pens board put a potential playoff lineup up:

Neal - Crosby - Kovalev
Kunitz - Staal - Kennedy
Cooke - Letestu - Conner/Jeffrey/Sterling
Rupp - Talbot - Adams

Orpik - Letang
Martin - Michalek
Philips - Engelland
Lovejoy/Niskanen

Fleury
Johnson

Looks pretty solid to me.

And next year looks downright sick when you put Malkin back in the lineup.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:50 PM
  #278
kahlon66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the Mecca of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalan2 View Post
I'd easily rather have Zherdev.
he might be next for the pens on re-entry, im j/k.....its an exciting move for pens fans as maybe, just maybe he will give it all he has like Billy G did in the 2009 playoffs and it was a low cost move

kahlon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:50 PM
  #279
jr99svt
Registered User
 
jr99svt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Altoona, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Orpik - Letang
Martin - Michalek
Philips - Engelland
Lovejoy/Niskanen

I doubt the pens get Phillips.

jr99svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:51 PM
  #280
kahlon66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the Mecca of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Assuming Crosby comes back, and there is some indication the Pens believe that to be the case, the Pens even without Malkin come playoff time will be a team no one wants to play. One on the Pens board put a potential playoff lineup up:

Neal - Crosby - Kovalev
Kunitz - Staal - Kennedy
Cooke - Letestu - Conner/Jeffrey/Sterling
Rupp - Talbot - Adams

Orpik - Letang
Martin - Michalek
Philips - Engelland
Lovejoy/Niskanen

Fleury
Johnson

Looks pretty solid to me.

Phillips?

kahlon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:52 PM
  #281
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 34,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr99svt View Post
I doubt the pens get phillips.
Heh, the beauty of c&p. He was speculating on that given reports that Shero is still looking for a defenseman. Remove Phillips and you get the idea though. This team would hardly be a pushover even without Malkin.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:54 PM
  #282
ObsessedCreative*
I hate the Penguins.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Assuming Crosby comes back, and there is some indication the Pens believe that to be the case, the Pens even without Malkin come playoff time will be a team no one wants to play. One on the Pens board put a potential playoff lineup up:

Neal - Crosby - Kovalev
Kunitz - Staal - Kennedy
Cooke - Letestu - Conner/Jeffrey/Sterling
Rupp - Talbot - Adams

Orpik - Letang
Martin - Michalek
Philips - Engelland
Lovejoy/Niskanen

Fleury
Johnson

Looks pretty solid to me.

And next year looks downright sick when you put Malkin back in the lineup.

Neal - Crosby - Kovalev
Kunitz - Staal - Sterling/Tangradi
Cooke - Letestu - Conner/Kennedy
Rupp - Talbot - Adams

Orpik - Letang
Martin - Michalek
Niskanen - Engelland
Lovejoy

Fleury
Johnson


Those are the lines I would roll if Sid is back.

ObsessedCreative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:56 PM
  #283
Infinite Vision*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Wow that's kind of cool, might rejuvenate Kovalev a bit this year, and when Crosby comes back all the better for the both of them.

Infinite Vision* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
  #284
Human
cynic
 
Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bandwagon
Posts: 6,575
vCash: 500
I love how my fellow Pens fans are conveniently leaving Pascal Dupuis out of their line-ups. it's not going to happen under Bylsma...

Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 04:10 PM
  #285
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 34,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
I love how my fellow Pens fans are conveniently leaving Pascal Dupuis out of their line-ups. it's not going to happen under Bylsma...
I have a dream . . . .

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
  #286
ObsessedCreative*
I hate the Penguins.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I have a dream . . . .
seconded, I hope he gets moved for a d-man actually.

ObsessedCreative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 04:12 PM
  #287
Sideline
Registered User
 
Sideline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,330
vCash: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessedcreative View Post
seconded, I hope he gets moved for a d-man actually.
Thirded. Dump his ass to clear room for Phillips.

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 04:19 PM
  #288
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Go Griz
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 59,688
vCash: 50
Dupuis needs to shot out of a cannon towards the moon.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
  #289
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Thank god he's not coming back to MTL


I'll never figure out what's going through the heads of people, who actually want him back in Montreal.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
  #290
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,811
vCash: 500
I knew Kovalev had little value but I didn't realize he had no value. The condition on the pens winning the cup I assume.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 05:00 PM
  #291
WickedWrister
Registered User
 
WickedWrister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,116
vCash: 500
This is kinda why I stay away from the Trade Proposals forum. Every single fanbase (including ours) is guilty of over rating their players/prospects. I can count the number of times I've seen both fan bases agree on a trade on one hand.

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 05:02 PM
  #292
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post


I'll never figure out what's going through the heads of people, who actually want him back in Montreal.
Help our scoring. Help our PP. Help our top 9. Playoffs performer (98 pts in 113 games)

There.


And just FYI, lets pretend the Cammy-Plekanec-Halpern is our second line, Kovalev alone has more points than all of our bottom 9 combined. So if you really think that playoffs experience and pts is not worth a 7th?

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 05:02 PM
  #293
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I knew Kovalev had little value but I didn't realize he had no value. The condition on the pens winning the cup I assume.
As i understand it if he plays in atleast half of there play off games ottawa gets the pick.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
  #294
HF007
In Roy we Trust
 
HF007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post


I love some of the variations of the headline .
Kovaled LOL
Whenever i picture kovalev in a pens uni i keep picturing the pigeon yellow gonna be weird with the vegas pooh color.

HF007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 05:08 PM
  #295
bladoww
Team of the Future
 
bladoww's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post


I love some of the variations of the headline .
Jeezus. What is with everyone trying to be the first to break the news?! OMFG

bladoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 05:42 PM
  #296
canadianwingnut
Registered User
 
canadianwingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brockville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,745
vCash: 500
What a damn waste of a 7th rounder..

canadianwingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:28 PM
  #297
MalKing71*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
wow everyone talking about the number of threads instead of the actual trade, how lame.

MalKing71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:49 PM
  #298
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,143
vCash: 500
I like this for the Pens, Kovalev is dangerous offensively when motivated, and I think he WILL be motivated if Crosby comes back. He had his best years with the Pens in the past, he'll be on the 1st line playing with the best player in the game, and he'll be contending for a cup, I think we'll see the focused Kovalev that we saw in Montreal. As for the lines, when (if?) Crosby and Letestu come back, my guess would be:

Neal - Crosby - Kovalev
Kunitz - Staal - Kennedy
Cooke - Letestu - Dupuis
Rupp - Talbot - Adams

Orpik - Letang
Martin - Michalek
Niskanen - Engelland

Fleury
Johnson

Not sure why Pens fans hate Dupuis so much, sure it must be frustrating seeing him on the 1st line (which is/was only due to a lack of other quality options), but he'd probably look quite good on the 3rd line. I guess every team needs a scapegoat, he's not a bad player, he's just playing the wrong role at the moment.

Also, that's actually a pretty scary team if Crosby is 100% and playing like he was pre-concussion.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
  #299
Sideline
Registered User
 
Sideline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,330
vCash: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Not sure why Pens fans hate Dupuis so much, sure it must be frustrating seeing him on the 1st line (which is/was only due to a lack of other quality options), but he'd probably look quite good on the 3rd line. I guess every team needs a scapegoat, he's not a bad player, he's just playing the wrong role at the moment.
He's a great 3rd/4th liner. Unfortunately for us he's been chained to Crosby like an anchor. He was on pace for like 35 points next to the greatest offensive player of this generation. He is where offence goes to die.

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:10 PM
  #300
MurphyDump
Registered User
 
MurphyDump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I like this for the Pens, Kovalev is dangerous offensively when motivated, and I think he WILL be motivated if Crosby comes back. He had his best years with the Pens in the past, he'll be on the 1st line playing with the best player in the game, and he'll be contending for a cup, I think we'll see the focused Kovalev that we saw in Montreal. As for the lines, when (if?) Crosby and Letestu come back, my guess would be:

Neal - Crosby - Kovalev
Kunitz - Staal - Kennedy
Cooke - Letestu - Dupuis
Rupp - Talbot - Adams

Orpik - Letang
Martin - Michalek
Niskanen - Engelland

Fleury
Johnson

Not sure why Pens fans hate Dupuis so much, sure it must be frustrating seeing him on the 1st line (which is/was only due to a lack of other quality options), but he'd probably look quite good on the 3rd line. I guess every team needs a scapegoat, he's not a bad player, he's just playing the wrong role at the moment.

Also, that's actually a pretty scary team if Crosby is 100% and playing like he was pre-concussion.
Agreed!

However, even though Shero said he's not actively looking for another defenseman, I believe he will still bring in someone to solidify the 5th spot. Shero LOVES depth at defense. Foote? Liles? Phillips?

Pipe dream maybe, but I'm calling Shero's bluff on this one.

MurphyDump is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.