HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Adam Foote to the Flyers?

Old
02-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Oh do it Sherman you tool!

Only so that we don't have to see Foote in an Avs jersey again (I wouldn't be surprised if he tried coming back, he should've retires last season). Believe it or not, if this move had been made earlier in the year then it would've been addition by subtraction, he's not much of a good leader I think. I'd take a 7th pick for him, I'll take future considerations even.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:45 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

I woulnt mind Foote as a 7th guy. Could be useful in the playoffs.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:47 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillsyMyers30 View Post
i could see him waiving it. i mean the avs are pretty much out of playoff contention. I don't know why he wouldn't want to go too a team that has a good chance at winning the cup
You have to remember that this is the player who was the captain of one team and forced them into a trade at the deadline in 07-08 where he'd waive his NTC for one team so he could go back to Colorado, where he re-signed for $1M less than he was rumored to have wanted in Columbus. He was so convinced he was going to be an Av again that he shipped equipment to Calgary for the Avs' first game after the deadline BEFORE the trade ever took place.

If he still loves the Rockies as much, he's not leaving.

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 02-24-2011 at 07:59 PM.
CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Freudian
Classless IMO

vCash: 175
Foote is more or less done. He is not a guy you trade for to have in the press box.

This sounds like an idea that is much better on paper than in reality.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Flyersguru

The terms used in Philadelphia is "kicked tires" with. The issue is that Foote is owed bonus money and the Flyers have a lot of bonus money to dish out next season with JVR, Bobrovsky, Nodl, and O'Donnell.

Flyersguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
You have to remember that this is the player who was the captain of one team and forced them into a trade at the deadline in 07-08 where he'd waive his NTC for one team so he could go back to Colorado, where he re-signed for $1M less than he was rumored to have wanted in Columbus.

And he was still overpaid by 2 million. God I hated that trade.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:01 PM
NomadJackson

If Foote was willing to waive his NTC (who knows if he would be at this point? He may want to retire as an Av but it can't be very fun being in their locker room right now), he could be had for next to nothing. The Avs may need to take back salary because they are at the cap floor.

NomadJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Crisp Breakout

It'd be nice to see him have one more shot. You could have him for a 6th rounder.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Jeff Finger 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Why trade for him when they could pick up Rivet?
came here to post this.

Jeff Finger 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:17 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

I agree about Rivet...wouldn't cost them much of anything to grab him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
And he was still overpaid by 2 million. God I hated that trade.
CBJ fans did, too...but that shiny new RJ Umberger we got that summer with the Avs' 1st cured a lot of ills.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:19 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:
I agree about Rivet...wouldn't have even cost them anything to grab him.

CBJ fans did, too...but that shiny new RJ Umberger we got that summer with the Avs' 1st cured a lot of ills.
I don't know how aware of it CBJ fans are, but the first was actually conditional on Foote re-signing with us. You got our first in 2008 if Foote resigned, if he didn't, and went to free agency, you would get our first in 2009. You remember who we drafted with our first in 2009, right?

At least for Avs fans, that is the biggest "bullet dodged" feeling ever. Foote wasn't worth re-signing, especially not for 3 million. We should've let him walk. Thank god for our organization's sense of sentimentality.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Late pick? why not

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Robert Theodorson

How does Philly always have all this cap room......oh wait nevermind

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Gulvorn

Quote:
I don't know how aware of it CBJ fans are, but the first was actually conditional on Foote re-signing with us. You got our first in 2008 if Foote resigned, if he didn't, and went to free agency, you would get our first in 2009. You remember who we drafted with our first in 2009, right?

At least for Avs fans, that is the biggest "bullet dodged" feeling ever. Foote wasn't worth re-signing, especially not for 3 million. We should've let him walk. Thank god for our organization's sense of sentimentality.
We traded that 1st for Umberger. So Umberger or Duchene. Both have their purposes and Umberger works out well in Columbus. Who is to say Columbus would have even drafted Duchene or that the Avalanche would have finished as badly as they did if they didn't have a 1st round pick.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:38 PM
JVR21
G

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:40 PM
29AvalancheWarning09
Stanley Cup Attitude

He wont leave the avs and this will be his last season, no point in discussing this any further. He loves denver.

29AvalancheWarning09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:58 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
??? Can put Bart on LTIR and Z has been waived (will be assigned to ahl but most likely won't report), will give the Flyers about ~2.9mil.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:00 PM
jsalz16

Why not? I mean 6-7 dman, he's still got some fire.

jsalz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:15 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that 1st was conditional on the Avs making the playoffs. There was another random 3rd rounder that was conditional on him resigning.

hockeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:

If I remember correctly, the time frame for the first was dependent on making the playoffs that year. The fourth-rounder was entirely conditional upon Foote re-signing, which he did.

The fourth-rounder was used on David Savard, who's having a terrific rookie pro season in the AHL.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:20 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Part of this will be will Foote want to leave Denver. The other part will be how he feels about being a 7th defenseman. Rivet is leaving Buffalo because he doesn't want to be a 7th defenseman, it paid too much to be that guy.

Rivet on re-entry waivers is still a higher cap hit than Foote, which matters to the Flyers because they don't want to go over the cap in bonuses.

I hope the Flyers just wait this out until the deadline, because more guys will hit the waiver wire and they can have all options for them. They'd also be interested in a depth forward as well.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:21 PM
quesosauce

Quote:
You have to remember that this is the player who was the captain of one team and forced them into a trade at the deadline in 07-08 where he'd waive his NTC for one team so he could go back to Colorado, where he re-signed for $1M less than he was rumored to have wanted in Columbus. He was so convinced he was going to be an Av again that he shipped equipment to Calgary for the Avs' first game after the deadline BEFORE the trade ever took place.

lol you mad about that still?

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Krnage

Foote for Zherdev

Krnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:36 PM
29AvalancheWarning09
Stanley Cup Attitude

Not leaving Colorado lol you guys can keep throwin out ideas or whatever for luls but foote will retire in an avs jersey. He has a NTC and Colorado isnt going to ask him to waive it, he would have to come to them asking to be moved and he's not going to.

29AvalancheWarning09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Drury_Sakic

Those who say Foote won't leave Denver, you are right, he won't. If he is traded somewhere it will be for one last kick at the can. He won't move his family, he will just ride out the two or so months then call it quits and come home.

I think the odds are slim that he goes, and he clearly won't fetch anything other than a late pick or no name prospect... but in the right situation he could prove to be a valuable asset. (i.e. as a 6th defender who plays 12-14 min per night) Philly would seem to be a great fit.

Don't just assume that because he came back to Denver for a few years and said he regretted leaving he won't rent himself out for a few months. Big difference between going somewhere for a few years and a playoff run.

Clearly, the ball is in his court in regards to requesting a trade.... and I don't think the Avs will ask him outright to waive it... but I could see Sherman or perhaps moreso PL approaching Adam and asking him if he would like a chance to win a cup somewhere. If he says no thanks, that would be the end of it... but if he said he would be willing to do so, I imagine management would do their best to send him where he wanted to go.

Also, regarding Philly...I imagine Adam has spent at least some time around Peter Forsberg in the last month or so... From all reports, Peter enjoyed his time there... could have come up in conversation that it would be a good place to go if Foote wanted to get into the playoffs.

If he did go, I would wish him all the luck in the world and be rooting for him.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote