HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Trade Deadline

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2011, 07:35 PM
  #76
Ziostilon
Registered User
 
Ziostilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,320
vCash: 500
yo pensfan

Wrong forum

Ziostilon is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 07:39 PM
  #77
Balls Mahoney
Fair and Balanced
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,597
vCash: 500
My thoughts concerning the Pittsburgh Penguins: I hate them, I hate their fanbase, and I hate that town.

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 07:48 PM
  #78
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 796
Pensfan 6687 is also a Moose fan (sth?)

Outside99* is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
  #79
David71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Nothing yet. If we do make a trade, I'm assuming the partner would be OTT or FLA.
i'd add buffalo to that list too and atlanta.

David71 is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 08:55 PM
  #80
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
The Canucks 5 best players are the Sedins, Kesler, Luongo and Edler. If you want to heap all the praise on Mike Gillis if the Canucks win the cup, so be it. I won't. Gillis will get a lot of credit for surrounding the core with good players but that doesn't take away from the fact the top end talent on this team was inherited.

If the Canucks win the cup will Dave Nonis be known for making poor league minimum signings and deadline trades or will he go down as the guy that brought in the best defenseman and goalie in Canuck history that helped lead the Canucks to their 1st ever Stanley cup?

This team is nothing without it's top 5 players. That is lost on a lot of people, I'm not one of them.
You do realize that all of those players have signed new contracts since Nonis left, all very good contracts for the canucks. You are very oblivious if you think that signing them was a sure thing, especailly the loungo contract. Nonis had nothing to do with that. He didn't inherit them signed. Not to mention the whole team concept changed after Nonis left, very much for the better. I have no idea why you have this strange man crush on Nonis like he did so much, he was brian burkes boy and look he is again.

rune74 is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 08:56 PM
  #81
Spamhuis
Registered User
 
Spamhuis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
You do realize that all of those players have signed new contracts since Nonis left, all very good contracts for the canucks. You are very oblivious if you think that signing them was a sure thing, especailly the loungo contract. Nonis had nothing to do with that. He didn't inherit them signed. Not to mention the whole team concept changed after Nonis left, very much for the better. I have no idea why you have this strange man crush on Nonis like he did so much, he was brian burkes boy and look he is again.
nonis is definately that guy in trailer park boys who worships the park manager.

Spamhuis is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 10:01 PM
  #82
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 15,021
vCash: 500
David Clarkson could be available for a defensman.

His cap hit is large 2.667 for the next two years and is currently only receiving 4th line ice (on the hottest team in the league).

This is a player I have coveted for a number of years, now he has a big cap hit, but he seems to be exactly the type of player this roster needs. He can play up the line up and hasnt had bad offensive numbers over the last couple years.

Im not sure who or what I/or Gillis would be willing to give up, but this guys at 2.667 is better than Neil at 2.0 IMO.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
02-24-2011, 10:40 PM
  #83
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 26,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
David Clarkson could be available for a defensman.

His cap hit is large 2.667 for the next two years and is currently only receiving 4th line ice (on the hottest team in the league).

This is a player I have coveted for a number of years, now he has a big cap hit, but he seems to be exactly the type of player this roster needs. He can play up the line up and hasnt had bad offensive numbers over the last couple years.

Im not sure who or what I/or Gillis would be willing to give up, but this guys at 2.667 is better than Neil at 2.0 IMO.
Eee gads... awful cap hit for essentially Torres clone.

LickTheEnvelope is online now  
Old
02-24-2011, 10:45 PM
  #84
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,048
vCash: 500
So who do you guys think we are scouting?

sportsnetmurph Dan Murphy
RT @imacVanSun: @russostrib reports three Canuck scouts at MIN-LA game.

Both teams are contending, so i'm not too sure who is for sale? Or just pre-playoff scouting?

thefeebster is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 10:48 PM
  #85
VanEric
Registered User
 
VanEric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,344
vCash: 500
We have scouts all over the place. I assume they're always at games here and there.

VanEric is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 10:53 PM
  #86
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
We have scouts all over the place. I assume they're always at games here and there.
We don't have that many professional scouts really. 4 from Tampa too. Obviously something is being offered here or is open to discussion, considering both teams are contending and want to add pieces.

thefeebster is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 10:58 PM
  #87
David71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
So who do you guys think we are scouting?

sportsnetmurph Dan Murphy
RT @imacVanSun: @russostrib reports three Canuck scouts at MIN-LA game.

Both teams are contending, so i'm not too sure who is for sale? Or just pre-playoff scouting?
madden? brodziak brunette>?

David71 is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 11:08 PM
  #88
JamesBond*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
madden? brodziak brunette>?
Would love Brunette. Push Raymond back a line and put Brunette with Kes. Very underrated player. Great team guy.

JamesBond* is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 11:09 PM
  #89
ferroid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
delete

ferroid is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 11:10 PM
  #90
ferroid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
delete

ferroid is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 11:15 PM
  #91
JamesBond*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferroid View Post
delete
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferroid View Post
delete
Pardon?

JamesBond* is offline  
Old
02-24-2011, 11:43 PM
  #92
wetcoastwhale
Registered User
 
wetcoastwhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SA
Country: Canada
Posts: 827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
Would love Brunette. Push Raymond back a line and put Brunette with Kes. Very underrated player. Great team guy.
But he is Jason Allison slow. Don't think he would fit with the program.

wetcoastwhale is offline  
Old
02-25-2011, 12:17 AM
  #93
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1
 
John Swartzwelder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 50
Correct me if I am wrong, but if we:
1. Send down Hodgson, Oreskovich
2. Aquire Reasoner, A.Stewart

we have the following salary on the books

$90,000 Penalty

Sedin, D @ $6,100,000.00
Sedin, H @ $6,100,000.00
Kesler @ $5,000,000.00
Raymond @ $2,550,000.00
Samuelsson @ $2,500,000.00
Malhotra @ $2,500,000.00
Burrows @ $2,000,000.00
Reasoner @ $1,150,000.00
Torres @ $1,000,000.00
Hansen @ $825,000.00
Stewart @ $632,500.00
Glass @ $625,000.00
Tambellini @ $500,000.00

Hamhuis @ $4,500,000.00
Ballard @ $4,200,000.00
Bieksa @ $3,750,000.00
Salo @ $3,500,000.00
Ehrhoff @ $3,100,000.00
Tanev @ $900,000.00
Rome @ $750,000.00

Luongo @ $5,333,333.33
Schnieder @ $900,000.00

Edler @ $3,250,000.00
Alberts @ $1,050,000.00
Sweatt @ $650,000.00

Edler, Alberts, Sweatt on LTIR

Which gives
A Limit of $64,350,000.00
A Cap Hit $63,455,833.33

Remaining $894,166.67 space

Am I missing some factor?

John Swartzwelder is offline  
Old
02-25-2011, 12:25 AM
  #94
Kagee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
madden? brodziak brunette>?
I'm guessin Raymond & Oreskovich for Madden & Kobasew

Or the semi dream trade of acquiring Cal Clutterbuck.

Kagee* is offline  
Old
02-25-2011, 01:09 AM
  #95
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,894
vCash: 500
The guys on Sports Center just said that Vancouver would love Chris Neil

We also scouted the OTT/FLA game last night

Winroba is online now  
Old
02-25-2011, 01:25 AM
  #96
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 26,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
The guys on Sports Center just said that Vancouver would love Chris Neil

We also scouted the OTT/FLA game last night
With what cap space.... ...

LickTheEnvelope is online now  
Old
02-25-2011, 01:29 AM
  #97
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
With what cap space.... ...
Deals can be made, I'm just passing along what they said.

Winroba is online now  
Old
02-25-2011, 01:31 AM
  #98
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
With what cap space.... ...
Does anyone know the exact number? I thought we had about a million of wiggle room.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
02-25-2011, 01:34 AM
  #99
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 26,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Does anyone know the exact number? I thought we had about a million of wiggle room.
If we can manage to move Sweatt down... we have about $1.2 mil ish I think but we need to save at least $500k or so for potential callups or we could run into a situation like the Flames a few years back.

LickTheEnvelope is online now  
Old
02-25-2011, 01:57 AM
  #100
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
If we can manage to move Sweatt down... we have about $1.2 mil ish I think but we need to save at least $500k or so for potential callups or we could run into a situation like the Flames a few years back.
If we keep Sweatt instead of Tanev and send down Hodgson and have Tambo center the 4th (if Gillis plans to trade for one) we have that space too.

Winroba is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.