HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Svatos claimed by Ottawa, Kotalik (re-entry), Zherdev, Colliton, and Rivet all clear

Old
02-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Dr. Octagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
How did Zherdev clear?
Easily...he's an ahole

Dr. Octagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Octagon View Post
Easily...he's an ahole
Want to substantiate that or do you just like calling players dirty names?

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:24 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
Why would he need to substantiate it? Twenty nine team GM's, and thirty successful people, in the most talented hockey league in the world, just substantiated it for him.

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Dr. Octagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
4 teams in 4 years...refused to do interviews when he first came to Philly...needed an interpreter even though he speaks English well enough...couldn't be found in Carolina last week when they needed him as an emergency replacement...selfish on the ice...grinned like a moron while jumping in his limo after being released yesterday...need more?

Dr. Octagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Sakic
Extra B is for BYOBB

Send a message via MSN to Sakic Send a message via Yahoo to Sakic
ahh i was so close

everyone always clears even when it seems like the shouldnt.

just OTT needed a winger for the kovalev deal otherwise he would've cleared too

Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
@#$% Zherdev, I hope he smiles his way back to the KHL for good now.

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209 View Post
Your impression is indeed not correct.

There is no prohibition against trading or waiving the player (other than any NTC/NMC the player may have) and no requirement that the player remain on the roster.

There are, however, some add'l waiver requirements before the player can be traded - see below.

And I might pre-preemptively stamp out this common bit of CBA misinformation - if the Blues had put in a claim, they would have had no special priority in claiming Svatos. A team that loses a player on waivers has no special priority in re-claiming the player if he subsequently waived again - waiver priority is always solely based on the standings (either current or past seasons).

Not quite right.

A team can trade a player claimed on waivers (other than under 13.23, the Nabby Rule(*)) without putting them back on waivers - however, they must first offer the player at Waiver price to any team which put in a (lower priority, unsuccessful) claim when he was originally claimed by that team. This restriction is in place for the remainder of the season in which he was claimed.

(*) Article 13.23 supersedes the normal waiver rules and requires clearing full Regular Waivers before a trade.
One gray area, discussed in the Nabby threads, is if a team claims a player under 13.23 and later that season tries to trade him - whether both 13.20(b) & 13.23 are in force or only 13.23 - whether there are two rounds of waivers (the first only for teams with unsuccessful claims) or just one.
Thank you for the clarification.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Villa View Post
That all seems to make sense to me.

A lot like the Zherdev situation in the sense that no trades were available, so waiver wire to try to re-home the player, but for VERY different reasons.

Didn't know Rivet was so well thought of as a person until this entire thread, and it seems a shame he lost the edge to continue in Buffalo.

I completely agree that you have to treat your players right. It's absolutely the way to do business, especially such a long time servant like that.

So, considering your love for Rivet, who do you hope picks him up? And who would you hate to see him playing for?! (not including divisional rivals, as that is a given)
Well, anyone other than the Flyers (one of my least-favorite teams in the league and I'm being kind by saying least-favorite) I suppose. I would love a contender to pick him up, preferably a Western Conference contender that we already have played and won't see again this year. It would be pretty sad to have to play against Rivet. I'm not really sure who has the cap space to pick him up at 1.75M. The salary is low as we've payed most of it, but the 3.5M cap hit would be halved. So to answer your question, really any contender, as long as he gets the chance to play.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Jimmy Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Well, anyone other than the Flyers (one of my least-favorite teams in the league and I'm being kind by saying least-favorite) I suppose. I would love a contender to pick him up, preferably a Western Conference contender that we already have played and won't see again this year. It would be pretty sad to have to play against Rivet. I'm not really sure who has the cap space to pick him up at 1.75M. The salary is low as we've payed most of it, but the 3.5M cap hit would be halved. So to answer your question, really any contender, as long as he gets the chance to play.
Dang........I was kinda hoping the Flyers would pick him up!!!

I know the Flyers are the kind of team you either love or loathe though, so I can see why you wouldn't want that!!!

Maybe the Yotes now Jovocop is out for a long time?

Jimmy Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Real_ESPNLeBrun
By the way expect the Buffalo Sabres to put Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers to see if teams would take him at half the price
$1.75M prorated should be pretty cheap, somebody should might take that imo.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote