HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

M. Staal, Dubinsky, and Stepan

Old
02-25-2011, 10:29 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
All you ppl saying Malkin, are high. He's worth more than that. His value is around the same as Ovy/Crosby.
Malkin's value in less than Stamkos, Crosby and Ovechkin ATM

Marc Staal is a legitimate #1, shutdown defensemen with some offensive upside (he is still only 23)
Dubinsky is a young with a strong likelihood of being a perennial 60-70 point player.
Stepan is the biggest question mark of the 3, but having him become a 2nd line center would most likely be his downside.

Defensemen are worth a premium. That coupled with 2 very good young players would most certainly fetch Malkin value wise. Whether Pittsburgh does it is a different story.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:42 AM
gotmonte

there was a rumor a while back on here and in the new york newspaper that had Stamkos going to NYR but we never found out WHO was going the other way

The deal was agreed upon by Sather the the OLD ownership but got vetoed by the NEW management before the trade call was made.

Imagine Stamkos on the Rangers!?

I just wish we KNEW who it was for?!

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Its worth Malkin in terms of value. Whether Pittsburgh would want to trade him is an entirely different story...
I mean look what Goligoski got. Dmen get a premium. This gives an idea of what Staal is worth...
That is an overpayment in my opinion.

No way do I move a 24-year old all-star defense man, a 24-year old / gritty two way forward capable of 60-points, and a 20-year old rookie who is 6th in scoring for rookies w/ a ton of upside for a injury prone super star who hasn't been the same for two years.

Malkin has lost a ton of trade value. Back to back sub-par injury ridden seasons and an $8.7 million cap hit certainly don't help his case. If he can ever regain his form than that is another story but you don't give up three major assets, especially Marc Staal who has become one of the best shut down defense men in the NHL, for a question mark.

I like Malkin a ton but he is in no way on the same pedestal as Crosby / Ovechkin anymore. Stamkos has surpassed him in terms of current value. So have the Sedin's. Malkin has fallen quite out of grace. Like I said, back to back sub-par seasons, especially for a "superstar" and who knows what level he will even be playing at when he returns from a MAJOR injury? He may never regain his 110+ point form.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
All you ppl saying Malkin, are high. He's worth more than that. His value is around the same as Ovy/Crosby.
No.....hes not

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:53 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStu View Post
Easily be as good as Stastny? Seriously can people just not do math? Or are they unable to spot skill without flash.

Here's some math for you that I posted in another thread.

I was sick of all the bull crap being spewed over Stastny not putting up good numbers, so I ran them myself. I took all active players who have scored above 300 points in their career, and found their career PPG.

Results:
1. Sidney Crosby 21. Anze Kopitar
2. Alex Ovechkin 22. Jarome Iginla
3. Evgeni Malkin 23. Eric Staal
4. Teemu Selanne 24. Marian Gaborik
5. Dany Heatley 25. Marc Savard
6. Nicklas Backstrom 26. Patrik Elias
7. Joe Thornton 27. Vincent Lecavalier
8. Ilya Kovalchuk 28. Milan Hejduk
9. Jason Spezza 29. Doug Weight
10. Pavel Datsyuk 30. Martin Havlat
11. Daniel Alfredsson 31. Alex Tanguay
12. Henrik Zetterberg 32. Rick Nash
13. Ryan Getzlaf 33. Henrik Sedin
14. Paul Stastny 34. Derek Roy
15. Mark Recchi 35. Daniel Sedin
16. Brad Richards 36. Zach Parise
17. Mike Modano 37. Thomas Vanek
18. Marian Hossa 38. Ales Hemsky
19. Alexander Semin 39. Ray Whitney
20. Martin St Louis 40. Danny Briere
I'm a huge Paul Stastny fan. He's got the pedigree and few realize that his dad was 2nd to only Wayne Gretzky in the 80s in scoring. He's a wizard with the puck as his passing skills are phenomenal, which IMO is what you want in a center. However when the games get physical or when they get important he disappears. He's not a big game player. Big games in the Olympics, playoffs, whatever and you can't count on him and that's a hell of a knock on your #1 center who's a guy you look to count on.

Regular season means nothing if your a playoff choker (i.e Olli Jokkinen).

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:06 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I'm a huge Paul Stastny fan. He's got the pedigree and few realize that his dad was 2nd to only Wayne Gretzky in the 80s in scoring. He's a wizard with the puck as his passing skills are phenomenal, which IMO is what you want in a center. However when the games get physical or when they get important he disappears. He's not a big game player. Big games in the Olympics, playoffs, whatever and you can't count on him and that's a hell of a knock on your #1 center who's a guy you look to count on.

Regular season means nothing if your a playoff choker (i.e Olli Jokkinen).
John Elway was a choker until he was a champ. He's only 25. How many big time games has the kid even been in? It's a little early to label a guy like that when he has such a small body of work to analyze. Granted, Richards has elevated in big games at every level of competition possible, but these two players took very different routes. I don't see him play alot, so maybe you're right, but I think there's alot of potential there.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote