HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE)

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan View Post

For anyone that was in a balcony $42 price this season that was $38 for older renewals you can confirm if you are being charged more for the playoffs based on my balcony playoff prices for seats that were $38 this season and increasing to $40 for next season - $40, $60, $86, $116.

I have both. The new seats in 316 row 9 are a few bucks more. Not a huge deal-

$42, $63, $90 $122

It's a bigger deal that they gave us the impression we were only gonna pay a premium for one season. But again, they know they have you buy the the balls. If they didn't have the building at almost capacity every nigh,t they wouldn't have the leverage. We just have to smile and take it on the chin

My $38 Celtics seats...no price increase for next season, and I pay $45 per seat for every round of the playoffs, including the FINALS. My B's tickets? $42 for the 1st round. And I pay more for the 2nd round than I do for the NBA finals tickets Not to mention the $90 and $122 i pay for the last 2 rounds

I do find this quote laughable-

According to TD Garden executive Amy Latimer, some of the building’s 17,565 seats won’t increase at all in price, while others will jump from as little as $1 to as much as $9. The increases for season ticket-holders will set loge prices at $65-$110 per ticket, while balcony seats will range from $25-$69 each.

I don’t think this will be any big surprise to anyone,’’ said Latimer

She whimsically throws is out there like it's status quo...nothing new. Seriously? As far as the "some of the building’s 17,565 seats won’t increase at all in price" goes, am I wrong in thinking it must be somewhere between 1 and 3% of the venue that didn't get a increase? I haven't heard from a STH yet who hasn't had a price increase. And I know several with them at different loge price points. What is the biggest surprise is the % of increase in the cheaper "blue collar" seats. For a STH that pays $18 to have to go to $25 is huge. In the past the Sox would increase ST prices under $50 no more than $5 at a time. And generally it has been no more than $1-$3 for the cheapest seats. it just doesn't make sense to jack up the cheaper seats imo. The only think that makes sense is that they are fully aware of what % of the ST base is owned by brokers/resellers. That said, the Sox know the same thing. And they have still focused the majority of there increases on the higher end and premium ST holders.

The one thing I can say, imo the B's have done a excellent job with fan relations. My rep has been great with communication. And from what I have heard from fellow STH's, they're equally satisfied with their reps. So I guess if I'm going to compare the B's to the Sox, fair is fair. Their customer service for their STH's is night and day different. I do realize the Sox have a significantly higher number of STH's. But in all honesty, it doesn't take a considerable amount more effort to add a 4-6 reps to bring their ST base a better experience. I'm guessing the B's reps make between 50 and 100k a year. I think the Sox would find the 200-600k invest every year would be well worth it.

While I b*tch and compare the two, I should also note, the Sox don't have anywhere near the flexibility the B's offer for payment plans for both regular season and playoffs. What it comes down to is the B's aren't cheaping out on customer service. But they are now expecting us to pay out the ass for it and be amongst the highest average ST cost in the league. As longs as they win...the building will be full. If we exit in the first two round this year and have a disappointing regular season through Feb next year, they can be damn sure they won't get a 90-99% renewal.

Last edited by Looch: 02-25-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old
02-25-2011, 12:40 PM
iRONic™
You know; Merlot.

Quote:
However my online playoff invoice for my loge seats is $200 more than the price breakdown that he just gave to me. So I am going to stop trying to figure things out until new info is sent to us, obviously the B's staff has some things to fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardBros View Post
This sounds like the best advice. You'd think they would have made sure it was right before sending it out to 15000 people.

Instead of worrying about stupid videos and fancy web pages, they should've just used simple spreadsheet layout like they did in the past.
Quote:
Hopefully the front office runs things better than this, otherwise we might be seeing why there has been no Stanley Cup 38 years.
Ahahahahaha!!!

I hope to hell those mental midgets aren't calculating the roster salary cap! Christ...

Old
02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
NASCL

I have season tickets to all the teams and couldn't agree more about the Bruins having the best reps.

1. Bruins
2. Celtics
(huge gap)
3. Patriots
4. Red Sox

Old
02-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I have both. The new seats in 316 row 9 are a few bucks more. Not a huge deal-

$42, $63, $90 $122

It's a bigger deal that they gave us the impression we were only gonna pay a premium for one season. But again, they know they have you buy the the balls. If they didn't have the building at almost capacity every nigh,t they wouldn't have the leverage. We just have to smile and take it on the chin

My $38 Celtics seats...no price increase for next season, and I pay $45 per seat for every round of the playoffs, including the FINALS. My B's tickets? $42 for the 1st round. And I pay more for the 2nd round than I do for the NBA finals tickets Not to mention the $90 and $122 i pay for the last 2 rounds

According to TD Garden executive Amy Latimer, some of the building’s 17,565 seats won’t increase at all in price, while others will jump from as little as $1 to as much as $9. The increases for season ticket-holders will set loge prices at $65-$110 per ticket, while balcony seats will range from $25-$69 each.

She whimsically throws is out there like it's status quo...nothing new. Seriously? As far as the "some of the building’s 17,565 seats won’t increase at all in price" goes, am I wrong in thinking it must be somewhere between 1 and 3% of the venue that didn't get a increase? I haven't heard from a STH yet who hasn't had a price increase. And I know several with them at different loge price points. What is the biggest surprise is the % of increase in the cheaper "blue collar" seats. For a STH that pays $18 to have to go to $25 is huge. In the past the Sox would increase ST prices under $50 no more than $5 at a time. And generally it has been no more than $1-$3 for the cheapest seats. it just doesn't make sense to jack up the cheaper seats imo. The only think that makes sense is that they are fully aware of what % of the ST base is owned by brokers/resellers. That said, the Sox know the same thing. And they have still focused the majority of there increases on the higher end and premium ST holders.

The one thing I can say, imo the B's have done a excellent job with fan relations. My rep has been great with communication. And from what I have heard from fellow STH's, they're equally satisfied with their reps. So I guess if I'm going to compare the B's to the Sox, fair is fair. Their customer service for their STH's is night and day different. I do realize the Sox have a significantly higher number of STH's. But in all honesty, it doesn't take a considerable amount more effort to add a 4-6 reps to bring their ST base a better experience. I'm guessing the B's reps make between 50 and 100k a year. I think the Sox would find the 200-600k invest every year would be well worth it.

While I b*tch and compare the two, I should also note, the Sox don't have anywhere near the flexibility the B's offer for payment plans for both regular season and playoffs. What it comes down to is the B's aren't cheaping out on customer service. But they are now expecting us to pay out the ass for it and be amongst the highest average ST cost in the league. As longs as they win...the building will be full. If we exit in the first two round this year and have a disappointing regular season through Feb next year, they can be damn sure they won't get a 90-99% renewal.
No way B's reps make that kind of cash. These are mostly entry level positions. I'd say they likely max out at $50k.

Old
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
I have season tickets to all the teams and couldn't agree more about the Bruins having the best reps.

1. Bruins
2. Celtics
(huge gap)
3. Patriots
4. Red Sox
I want your life.

Old
bossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post

1. Bruins
2. Celtics
(huge gap)
3. Patriots
4. Red Sox
Definitely agree on the service that you get from the Bruins reps.

Do the Red Sox even have reps? I've had Red Sox seasons for over 20 years and I don't think I've ever even had a rep that I could talk to. As a matter of fact this season's Fenway construction included an expansion of ADA wheelchair seating which has affected seating for many season ticket holders. I still do not have my renewal seats for this season and when I call for updates I get no info other than I will be moved to similar or better seats but they still can't tell me how they are going to move all of the affected STH. When I ask to talk to a rep about it I get an abrupt response that my case is in the queue to be handled and I just have to wait untril they call me.

Old
02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Sec311Row6

i think there are something like 12,000 STH, so at a $4.34 increase over 43 games, thats a nice $2.2mm of additional revenue.

Old
02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
... According to TD Garden executive Amy Latimer, some of the building’s 17,565 seats won’t increase at all in price, while others will jump from as little as $1 to as much as $9.
The same article says the average increase is $4.34 per ticket per game. So just taking 15,000 as a round number of season ticketholders, and mutiplying by 43 games, I come up with about $2.8 million in increased revenue for the Bruins ownership next year with just the rate increases for STH.

Quote:
As longs as they win...the building will be full. If we exit in the first two round this year and have a disappointing regular season through Feb next year, they can be damn sure they won't get a 90-99% renewal.
A full building is worth something, as you once said. As much as winning, success at the box office, I think, is having a team with personality, a better than 50-50 chance of winning any given game, and a relatively high goal scoring potential i.e., making the games entertaining.

Last year I gave up: the enjoyment value wasn't work a nickel. Boring Claude Julien hockey with no (fist and scoring) punch. Nothing. Dullsylvania. I "renewed" simply because my excellent rep alerted me to a seat I can more than tolerate for less than 1/2 what I was paying for a wonderful but ever more costly 1st row balcony seat.

At $35 now, it is about even-stevens. They get my $1.5K and I get almost that much entertainment and a fine view of the game. But it is a fine line I am walking between the Bs and staying home for 1/2 that price at Verizon Wireless Center in Manchester watching the LA Kings prospects (who beat us continually both in Providence and in the NHL).

Old
02-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
No way B's reps make that kind of cash. These are mostly entry level positions. I'd say they likely max out at $50k.

I don't think they make 100k. But I certainly don't think they make less than 50k either. Entry level or not. I'd be willing to bet a couple beers that when you figure n commissions and benefits like free season tickets, they are easily 50 to 75k year. We may have a hard time settling this bet though That said, last night I just won a year and a half old $100 bet with another poster that the reps read this board So if I have to buy you a couple beers, I'm still ahead!

Last edited by Looch: 02-25-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old
02-25-2011, 01:57 PM
1 of the 14448

Quote:

What an arrogant *****.

I've had friends who have dealt with Ms. Latimer before and let's just say that she is a typical Jacobs/DNC corporate robot who has no measure of the fanbase beyond the company bottom line.

And just where, pray tell, are these seats with no increase? As far as I have been able to tell, the cheap seats ($18 and $21) are now $25, a 28% and 19% increase, respectively. That's just plain cruel in this economy. And people in the more expensive seats seem to have universally seen increases as well.

Old
02-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't think they make 100k. But I certainly don't think they make less than 50k either. Entry level or not. I'd be willing to bet a couple beers that when you figure n commissions and benefits like free season tickets, they are easily 50 to 75k year. We may have a hard time settling this bet though That said, last night I just won year and a half old $100 bet with another poster hat the reps don't read this board So if I have to buy you a couple beers I'm still ahead!
If we're factoring in benefits, you're right, it's likely over $50k.

Base + commission, I'd still say puts you at or around 50k as a max.

Old
02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 of the 14448 View Post
What an arrogant *****.

I've had friends who have dealt with Ms. Latimer before and let's just say that she is a typical Jacobs/DNC corporate robot who has no measure of the fanbase beyond the company bottom line.

And just where, pray tell, are these seats with no increase? As far as I have been able to tell, the cheap seats ($18 and $21) are now $25, a 28% and 19% increase, respectively. That's just plain cruel in this economy. And people in the more expensive seats seem to have universally seen increases as well.
Maybe my math is fuzzy (not using a calculator). But isn't $18 -> $25 closer to a 39% increase?

Old
02-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Maybe my math is fuzzy (not using a calculator). But isn't $18 -> $25 closer to a 39% increase?
Yes, it is. It is an increase in ticket price that equals driving 90 mph in a 65 mph zone.

Old
02-25-2011, 02:33 PM
1 of the 14448

Quote:
My bad, based my math on 25, not 18.

That's even worse.

Old
02-25-2011, 02:40 PM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Meh, It's never great to be paying an extra $200 a year. I've been buying too much beer at that place so it's a good excuse to scale that back or perhaps start smuggling again.

If they use the extra money to buy barriers to create "zig-zag" lines at the concession stands instead of the idiotic "let everyone line up straight out and block the whole concourse" method...then that would be great.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
Meh, It's never great to be paying an extra $200 a year. I've been buying too much beer at that place so it's a good excuse to scale that back or perhaps start smuggling again.

If they use the extra money to buy barriers to create "zig-zag" lines at the concession stands instead of the idiotic "let everyone line up straight out and block the whole concourse" method...then that would be great.

Smuggling beers can't be too hard. It's keeping them cold that would be tough. I bring my 3 kids 5-8 times a year. I never have a hard time smuggling in 5 or 6 bottles of water. And yes, they are camels.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:33 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
So a quick question, not sure if I need to email my rep or if anyone has figured this out. My playoff prices are $35, $44, $75, and $94. This would come out to $1984. Add in the $32 for the pay as we play and the $15 handlin charge and it comes to $2031. However, my invoice in My Bruins Account shows the full playoff strip as costing $2167. I thought maybe they showed the price of what it would cost if we renewed after March 23rd but it would be much higher than that $2167 if we did that. So does anyone know where the extra $136 is coming from?
Hi, Did you get this settled? Just curious to know if they are giving people behind the net with $28 seats differant playoff pricing than people on the side with the $28 seats. I am in 314.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
I never have a hard time smuggling in 5 or 6 bottles of water. And yes, they are camels.
Really? Damnit. I envy you. I have to unfurl my cheap, airline-style blanket (I get cold in the third period) before they will let me through.

Then I pay to the alleged Jacobs crime family almost as much for one bottle of Diet Coke as I pay for 24 cans at my local Shaws grocery store.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Williams View Post
Really? Damnit. I envy you. I have to unfurl my cheap, airline-style blanket (I get cold in the third period) before they will let me through.

Then I pay to the alleged Jacobs crime family almost as much for one bottle of Diet Coke as I pay for 24 cans at my local Shaws grocery store.

Big baggy coats are the key! They never touch the kids. And they seldom touch me even if I'm alone. If I wear a baggy jersey I put a bottle in each back pocket. The jersey completely covers them. Being a jersey guy has it's benefits...especially at $5 a bottle! $30-$40 savings right there when I bring the kids! I usually don't let em starve though. So the Jacobs boys get plenty of my money.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:56 PM
DarrenBanks56

yikes my tickets went from $28 to $35.
They better make it to at least the conference finals this year.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:59 PM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Williams View Post

if you wear a Bruins jersey all you do is loosen your belt and put the beers along your waistline. Ive gotten as many as 5 in there for a game. Nips are alot easier and more confortable walking.

Old
02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
yikes my tickets went from $28 to $35.
They better make it to at least the conference finals this year.
Hi, can you tell me your playoff pricing and section?
I am in 314. prices per round are $35 $53 $75 $102

Old
02-25-2011, 04:25 PM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
Hi, can you tell me your playoff pricing and section?
I am in 314. prices per round are $35 $53 $75 $102
i am in sec 328 and i have the same exact playoff price as you.
If you dont renew before march 23rd each round goes up $9 if i remember correctly.

Old
02-25-2011, 04:39 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
i am in sec 328 and i have the same exact playoff price as you.
If you dont renew before march 23rd each round goes up $9 if i remember correctly.
Thanks. I saw that sec311 listed his $28 seats at a lower price for round 2 3 and 4. just curious to know if there is a differant price behind the net for them.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:26 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

looking for 2 for thursdays game. PM if you got any

Closed Thread