HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sturm waived, then claimed by Washington

Old
02-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Pucknut50

vCash: 500
Well Simmonds had a great game so that probably locked the deal - Simmonds, Loktionov, and a Defenseman for Richards? I don't like it but I can see it. (Of course Richards would have to agree to an extension)

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

There is no ex-Shark or ex-Flyer available.

I don't know, maybe Dean will surprise us.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:40 PM
lafan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
I think ( and I am usually wrong) teams only get three call ups after Monday. They may want to call someone up now and save the three spots for emergencies.
Its not an AHL Call up... it just doesnt make sense why they would do that right b4 the roster expand...

Moller has played very little with us this year, Lokti would be nice, But who else??? why would LA bring up anyone else who has basically 0 NHL experience for the playoffs??

There has got to be something more to this... DL isn't going to simply waive a LW when we're so thin at that position.. He must be making some kind of move to free a LW spot...

never know if its a big fish, or not...But im pretty sure we can find an upgrade over sturm though, and can almost expect it now seeing this happen...

lafan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:42 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Like someone else said DL may just want to call up a prospect now instead of waiting till after the deadline and using up one of the 3 roster moves.

A trade doesn't make sense to me unless where getting more guys back than were trading and we need a free roster spot.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:42 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Here's my fan to the flame contribution today

I found it curious that Bob and Jim went out of their way to talk about Brad Richards for several minutes on the post game show last night when talking about whether or not the Kings would make a deadline move - and didn't bother mentioning any other option.

Richards is skating again.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:43 PM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Well Simmonds had a great game so that probably locked the deal - Simmonds, Loktionov, and a Defenseman for Richards? I don't like it but I can see it. (Of course Richards would have to agree to an extension)
We wouldn't need to waive Sturm though if we are sending a roster player.

Its probably going to be picks/prospects for a non superstar player, someone like Penner.

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:46 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Here's my fan to the flame contribution today

I found it curious that Bob and Jim went out of their way to talk about Brad Richards for several minutes on the post game show last night when talking about whether or not the Kings would make a deadline move - and didn't bother mentioning any other option.

Richards is skating again.
Lol I noticed that too, they seemed all giddy about Richards possibly being a king.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:47 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I'll take my guess.

Michalek from OTT for 1st, Moller, Drewiski
No need to waive Sturm if this is the case since the Kings would lose a roster player in Drewiske and gain one back in Michalek...

It would have to be more along the lines of Hemsky, and Penner (two roster spots) for Simmonds + picks and prospects (one roster spot leaving) to make Sturm on waivers make sense.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I would be a little pissed off over a Brad Richards trade. I don't like the fit, especially for Schenn. Watch, we make a deal with Dallas and whatever roster assets we give them in the process set fire Moulson/Boyle style and end up putting Dallas in 8th and LA finishes 9th I would delete me account lol....

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

I'm feeling Vanek. New owner trying to make a splash.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
I'm feeling Vanek. New owner trying to make a splash.
I would be happy with that as long as it didn't include Schenn. I like Vanek, but I don't think he is a guy I would give up Schenn for, I think the contract should give us a Schenn discount

Old
02-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I would be happy with that as long as it didn't include Schenn. I like Vanek, but I don't think he is a guy I would give up Schenn for, I think the contract should give us a Schenn discount
As much as I'd love that to happen, I don't think we get Vanek without Schenn +

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:56 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

There was a lot of talk about scouts at the game last night. How about in Manchetser though? Any Monarchs fans see/hear of any scouts looking at the farm squad?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
As much as I'd love that to happen, I don't think we get Vanek without Schenn +
I don't see it either, but I am crossing my fingers >.<

Old
02-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Vic Vinegar

I wouldn't be surprised if DL is going after Vanek. The Kings have cap space, so waiving Sturm only makes sense if we're targeting someone with a high cap hit.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:05 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I would be a little pissed off over a Brad Richards trade. I don't like the fit, especially for Schenn. Watch, we make a deal with Dallas and whatever roster assets we give them in the process set fire Moulson/Boyle style and end up putting Dallas in 8th and LA finishes 9th I would delete me account lol....
I would love Richards , but even I will say not at the expense of schenn. If that means doing nothing at all (maybe give moller a shot).... I would be fine with it.

My biggest worry is obtaining a guy like vanek because I dont know how well he would mesh into TMs system.

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:05 PM
onlyalad

I don't think that this fortells of a trade.

If the Kings are trading to get a roster player they are not trading away a roster player or there is no need to waive Sturm. they don't really need to worry about cap space because it is pro-rated. They also could have sent Sturm the other way if it was a trade. They also could have waited until the trade was anounced before waiving him.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Richards is good just not for Schenn. I'd be fuming.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Richards is good just not for Schenn. I'd be fuming.
Especially to a Pacific rival.

Old
02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
I don't think that this fortells of a trade.

If the Kings are trading to get a roster player they are not trading away a roster player or there is no need to waive Sturm. they don't really need to worry about cap space because it is pro-rated. They also could have sent Sturm the other way if it was a trade. They also could have waited until the trade was anounced before waiving him.
But the other team might not want him (not to mention his no trade clause). I'm pretty sure he counts against the 23-man limit until he's claimed or is sent to the minors. That can't happen until tomorrow.

The Kings could still swing a trade today. Just assign Martinez to Manchester, then recall him tomorrow after Sturm is claimed or assigned.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:14 PM
rsaturday

This move almost certainly has to indicate that a trade is finalized or upcoming but cannot be announced until a roster spot is cleared up.

1. There is no reason to simply waive and release Sturm since we are so thin at LW. Why would DL risk losing him if he didn't have another LW coming? Would he do it simply based on speculation that a deal might get done? I don't think so.

2. Sturm played a decent game last night and seems to be improving. This isn't a situation where Lombardi is giving up on a player. I don't think any GM would simply give up on a player in Sturm's situation that fast.

3. The Kings have plenty of cap space so this move is clearly to open a roster spot.

4. This move is not being made to open up a roster spot for a Manchester player. Rosters expand on Monday. The Kings don't need anyone from Manchester for Saturday's game.

Another hunch - Simmonds played his best game of the year last night. This may have swayed a trade partner who was on the fence and DL got the call this morning to sew up a deal including Wayne.

rsaturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Barry's opinion:

Quote:
The obvious question is: Are the Kings freeing up cap space for a bigger deal? My Answer. Don't get your hopes up.

This does open up a roster space (if he's actually claimed which is doubtful), which will NOT be for Kevin Westgarth so my guess would be Loktionov is on his way back with Stoll moving over to wing.

Old
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
All aboard the Cheechoo train!

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

I would like to hear 1 plausible reason for Stoll to be moved to wing

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:20 PM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
He doesn't really have to send Sturm down if he clears. Rather than call around for a deal just stick him on waivers and see if somebody's interested. But I would expect that Sturm would have to go if we picked up another LW anyway.
This is it. The waivers process gives the team the right to move the player down to the minors. It's good for a limited amount of time (30 days?). Whatever happens to Sturm, the Kings gain some flexibility, roster-wise, if they need it.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote