HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Score More Goals Than the Other Team Edition: CHI VS NSH

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2011, 11:22 PM
  #101
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
Just saw on another that reported that Josh Cooper is saying the Preds had a closed door meeting....interesting

Somebody tell me why wasn't that goal we scored didn't count? When Legwand was pushed into the goalie. Come on !

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:22 PM
  #102
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I was actually going to say it's because Trotz hasn't brainwashed him yet but I didn't want to start some all out war on Trotz for the millionth time.


Ding. Ding.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:23 AM
  #103
SK74 Snipes
Registered User
 
SK74 Snipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Franklin,TN
Country: United States
Posts: 405
vCash: 500
People need to stop saying its not the preds way to pick up a star blah blah blah... the preds way is WINNING and if it takes getting a big player thats what we need to do. Sure were a grinding team that gets wins off of hard work but a star would be great.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 06:35 AM
  #104
Biggun35
Bender
 
Biggun35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brentwood, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Last night was the first time seeing Fisher play in person and I was impressed.

Just wish Trotz could get Legwand to play with that much drive and intensity......

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:38 AM
  #105
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,961
vCash: 500
Good: Blum's play. He's a keeper.

Bad: 3 game losing streak. Consistency is not something this team has.

Ugly: Franson and SOB's play last night. Comedy of errors.

How can Blum play 2 NHL games and look like a seasoned vet with confidence and SOB and Franson have the amount of experience they have and look completely lost.

Liked the effort from the team last night at the very least. Would've liked a different result but I'm not unhappy like I was after the CBJ loss.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:03 AM
  #106
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
How can Blum play 2 NHL games and look like a seasoned vet with confidence and SOB and Franson have the amount of experience they have and look completely lost.
Uh, Blum's a more talented player? And they say Josi is even better!

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
  #107
darth5
Rowsdower!
 
darth5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Another thing about Blum.. How ballsy is this 22 year old kid in his second NHL game? I saw him jumping up in the play and saw him multiple times behind the B-hawks goal line. I love it. This kid doesn't lack any confidence that's for sure.
AT least we had something positive come from that game. I really like Blum's game. Clearly he is more ready than the reports we have been getting. I would easily scratch Franson a game to keep him in-- Cody (among others) was AWFUL last night. Two big scoring chances he started with the right position and was clearly beaten on.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:11 AM
  #108
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
I love how people are complaining about our defense. Our defense game the team a chance to win last night. Pucks are bound to go in no matter how good you are on defense if your offense cannot generate sustained pressure. Chicago scored a goal on a delayed penalty (Weber & company out there) and from a breakway after a bad Legwand pass.

It doesn't matter how good you are defensively if you cannot score goals.

By the way, Blum is the real deal. Looks very solid for a rookie in his second NHL game.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:15 AM
  #109
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19
 
gopreds19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I love how people are complaining about our defense. Our defense game the team a chance to win last night. Pucks are bound to go in no matter how good you are on defense if your offense cannot generate sustained pressure. Chicago scored a goal on a delayed penalty (Weber & company out there) and from a breakway after a bad Legwand pass.

It doesn't matter how good you are defensively if you cannot score goals.

By the way, Blum is the real deal. Looks very solid for a rookie in his second NHL game.
That was Dumont.

I think we need to stop the Blum gushing until this team wins a game.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:18 AM
  #110
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Uh, Blum's a more talented player? And they say Josi is even better!
Yeah, when the Ads coach said he was better than Weber and Suter were at his age... i took notice

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:05 AM
  #111
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
That was Dumont.

I think we need to stop the Blum gushing until this team wins a game.
Dumont wasn't even on the ice.

And what does winning have to do with talking about how good Blum is?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:26 AM
  #112
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,264
vCash: 500
The team did suck but Blum did look great. I'd go so far as to say he looked better than anyone not named Weber or Suter.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
  #113
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
I like Franson better than Klein, but Blum's skill set is more similar to Franson.

Franson and Klein have some trade value, but I doubt enough to get a significant offensive piece.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:09 AM
  #114
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
That was Dumont.

I think we need to stop the Blum gushing until this team wins a game.
What? Sure it's only two games for Blum, so he hasn't proven anything yet, but he's still a bright spot right now.

By the way, here's the list of players not named Blum who have put together two solid games in a row:

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:52 AM
  #115
JR303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
What? Sure it's only two games for Blum, so he hasn't proven anything yet, but he's still a bright spot right now.

By the way, here's the list of players not named Blum who have put together two solid games in a row:
This is 100% accurate.

I truly laughed out loud on this.

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:10 AM
  #116
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I like Franson better than Klein, but Blum's skill set is more similar to Franson.

Franson and Klein have some trade value, but I doubt enough to get a significant offensive piece.
Blum has looked good in his two games, but let's not get carried away here. I'm not sure we're in a position right now where trading even Franson by himself would be a good idea. Getting rid of Klein, who has been pretty good all season, for offensive help that may or may not come through the way we need it to is counterproductive. Klein isn't going to put up a bunch of points, but he's a good shutdown guy and easily our number 3 dman right now. He also hasn't been too shabby on the PK.

I guess this could set up a good discussion though. What players can we go after who would have a good chance at pulling our offense out of the toilet, and what would be too much to give up for that player? In my opinion Franson has looked pretty bad over this stretch of poor play, but not a lot of guys have looked good either. Ideally Cube would return soon so we could put him with Franson, leave Blum with Klein as long as his play continues this way, and bench SOB.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:34 AM
  #117
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
I'm not buying all the love for Blum just yet. I've heard over and over that consistency is what makes an NHLer. Wilson has had is moments, but right now he looks lost.

Trotz said Blum looked great and his TOI confirmed it. But it is only 2 games guys. And did Trotz sing his praise to keep the kids confidence up? To keep Blum from second guessing his decisions? I don't know.

I'm going to be cautiously happy with his play and hope it continues. And maybe, just maybe this gives Poile and Trotz enough comfort to make a trade to improve our offense instead of picking up a veteran D-man.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:07 PM
  #118
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,675
vCash: 500
Btw I am shotgunning the next gdt. I was shutout twice from my win last time and I already have a gdt in mind that fits in perfectly with the current situation.

To say I am pissed off about the current situation we find ourselves in would be far from accurate. I am mad enough to have gone on a Mel Gibson rant last night (luckily a perfectly timed party cheered me up). Where is Legwand? Where is Erat? Where is Steve Sullivan? Where is Wilson? Where is Hornqvist? These are the guys that are supposed to be providing goals and right now they are producing about as well as the government is with government shutdown looming ahead in the very near future.

Whatever chemistry this team had has disappeared. Passing is terrible. Power play is terrible but what else is new.

Hornqvist has given up going to the net because no one stands up for him. I can't blame him.

Pekka has to be singing **** you to everyone on his team when they skate by him.

The only positive to all this is Jon Blum, who has blown away everyone's expectations.

If no moves are made between now and Monday to obtain a scorer, I am almost positives we will not make the playoffs. Should this happen, I am going to be livid.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
  #119
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
I'm not buying all the love for Blum just yet. I've heard over and over that consistency is what makes an NHLer. Wilson has had is moments, but right now he looks lost.

Trotz said Blum looked great and his TOI confirmed it. But it is only 2 games guys. And did Trotz sing his praise to keep the kids confidence up? To keep Blum from second guessing his decisions? I don't know.

I'm going to be cautiously happy with his play and hope it continues. And maybe, just maybe this gives Poile and Trotz enough comfort to make a trade to improve our offense instead of picking up a veteran D-man.
Well, either Cube is ready to be back or Poile/Trotz are willing to say Blum > than SOB and Franny, cause Sulzer off to FL for a pick. Maybe they aren't ready to deal one of our "established" guys, but if Cube is ready to come back I just don't see the downside of dealing Franson and a pick/prospect for a wing that can score. Not saying going goofy with desperation, but .....

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:42 PM
  #120
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Anyone know what our record is when the game is a sellout? It has to be terrible. I'm curious.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:45 PM
  #121
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Btw I am shotgunning the next gdt. I was shutout twice from my win last time and I already have a gdt in mind that fits in perfectly with the current situation.

To say I am pissed off about the current situation we find ourselves in would be far from accurate. I am mad enough to have gone on a Mel Gibson rant last night (luckily a perfectly timed party cheered me up). Where is Legwand? Where is Erat? Where is Steve Sullivan? Where is Wilson? Where is Hornqvist? These are the guys that are supposed to be providing goals and right now they are producing about as well as the government is with government shutdown looming ahead in the very near future.

Whatever chemistry this team had has disappeared. Passing is terrible. Power play is terrible but what else is new.

Hornqvist has given up going to the net because no one stands up for him. I can't blame him.

Pekka has to be singing **** you to everyone on his team when they skate by him.

The only positive to all this is Jon Blum, who has blown away everyone's expectations.

If no moves are made between now and Monday to obtain a scorer, I am almost positives we will not make the playoffs. Should this happen, I am going to be livid.
+134028340283408.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:53 PM
  #122
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,664
vCash: 50
as a side note, I dont care how affordable he is, I hate watching Kevin Klein play hockey.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:59 PM
  #123
utmfisher19
Registered User
 
utmfisher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Anyone know what our record is when the game is a sellout? It has to be terrible. I'm curious.
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...8&postcount=28

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 02:00 PM
  #124
SilasAdams
Registered User
 
SilasAdams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deadwood
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
havent we needed a scorer for like 3 years.

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
  #125
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK All Day View Post
havent we needed a scorer for like 3 years.
Ever since he-who-shall-not-named left for the KHL

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.