HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM and NAS

Old
02-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Guru

vCash: 500
EDM and NAS

To Edmonton
Kostitsyn
Roussel
3rd 2011

To Nashville
Smid
Cog's

Why Edmonton does this:
It brings in a player that has played with Gagner, and had amazing Chem with him in juniors, as well a D prospect that has a decent ceiling.

Why Nashville does this:
They up there D by adding a strong player for a 3/4 5/6 role that can log good minutes, and a a C/W that is great on the PK, adds speed, and can put the puck in the net from time to time... will help greatly with the playoff push!

Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:35 AM
zeus3007*

No thanks. The Oilers aren't interested in downgrading any further. I could see them offering that package and a pick for Wilson, or for one of your top defensive prospects + (and getting subsequently rejected), but no, I don't think Tambellini wants anything to do with this package.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Boostguy

it would be sick if the old london knight line was re-united
kane-gagner-kostitsyn

they did a lot of damage back then!!

Boostguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
No thanks. The Oilers aren't interested in downgrading any further. I could see them offering that package and a pick for Wilson, or for one of your top defensive prospects + (and getting subsequently rejected), but no, I don't think Tambellini wants anything to do with this package.
I'm an Oilers fan... Not a Preds fan.
I see it different, with Players who can easily replace Cogs... that can with draws like Landar it's a no brainer....We both know Wilson and Franson are not leaving the Preds for players like this.

SK can regain his for with Gagner.. and we will need someone in OKC to replace some of the soon departing young/old players who will not resign or be resigned.

Neither Cogs or Smid have the value to return either Wilson or another top prospect.

I don't dream about fantasy trade but look to the realistic ones.

Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:46 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

SK is our top scoring forward. We're not trading him for a disappointing project winger.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:54 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

lol. no

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Kaen

No from Edmonton. Cogs is turning into a decent 3rd line center and pker. Plus he looks good lately between Hall and Eberle. Also can't afford to lose Smid without getting back a guy who can play now.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I wouldn't do that package for Kostitsyn alone

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Kostitsyn is second on the team in goals points and only costs 550K. this doesn't happen.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:42 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Kostitsyn is a non-starter.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Akonite

The straight across Smid for one of Nashville's defense prospects is more believable/realistic.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:48 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
I'm an Oilers fan... Not a Preds fan.
I see it different, with Players who can easily replace Cogs... that can with draws like Landar it's a no brainer....We both know Wilson and Franson are not leaving the Preds for players like this.

SK can regain his for with Gagner.. and we will need someone in OKC to replace some of the soon departing young/old players who will not resign or be resigned.

Neither Cogs or Smid have the value to return either Wilson or another top prospect.

I don't dream about fantasy trade but look to the realistic ones.
No they don't have the value for Wilson, but for a Blum or Franson, possibly. I don't think this deal does anything at all for Edmonton. Kostitsyn is a gamble, and the last time we took a gamble on a similar type player, we traded for O'Sullivan. I want nothing to do with another guy like that. I also don't see Lander being NHL ready for at least another year, so moving Cogs for yet another winger is pointless. And moving Smid isn't worth it unless it is for a Franson or Blum.

Old
02-25-2011, 11:50 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
SK is our top scoring forward. We're not trading him for a disappointing project winger.
Just wondering which one you consider a winger? Because neither are.

Old
02-25-2011, 02:15 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
No they don't have the value for Wilson, but for a Blum or Franson, possibly. I don't think this deal does anything at all for Edmonton. Kostitsyn is a gamble, and the last time we took a gamble on a similar type player, we traded for O'Sullivan. I want nothing to do with another guy like that. I also don't see Lander being NHL ready for at least another year, so moving Cogs for yet another winger is pointless. And moving Smid isn't worth it unless it is for a Franson or Blum.
Whatever Blum's value was before he came up to the big leagues has undoubtedly gone up over his past two games. You're more likely to get Franson. Don't watch a lot of Oil games so can Smid be a reliable #4? Recently I saw an example of some poor decision making on a breakaway goal during a game against the Wild.

Oh and Poile laughs at the original deal. Moving SK for a third line center who is a good PKer (which we don't need at all) is counterproductive. We do have weaknesses down the middle due to injuries, but we also need offense something awful. Trading our most productive forward is a silly idea

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote