HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NHL trade Rumour Schmoozers

Old
02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
NHL trade Rumour Schmoozers

I was debating between putting this topic in this section or in the NHL section, but since it's rumour related, I chose to put it here. Feel free to move it if you disagree. Thanks.

Almost all year around, but mostly at this time of the season, closer to the NHL trade deadline, rumour web sites are very popular. But what is it that draws the crowds to those sites?

Good rumour schmoozers are excellent story tellers, often good writers with a great imagination and they do know what buttons to push and at what time to do it. Few will tell you their “source”, who they know and/or where they get their information from, hiding behind the famous quote by Tom Cruise AKA Maverick, in the movie Top Gun: «I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you. »

Full blog...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
I assume this Dan guy is a friend of yours as well ?

http://tricolore.ca/chfans/showthread.php?t=54076

lolololol.

Anyone can spew 10s of trades a day and get one of them right.

Eklund, your buddy, eh ?

Owned there.

Wasn't it El Cloun who reported Lecavalier being flown around in a plane above the city, or some **** like that ?

Spector is the only one you mentioned who doesn't suck.

On top of that, these sites only offer big name players in rumours. They seem to forget that minor deals are done as well.

You ever stop to think that there's a reason your buddy El Cloun stays with chfans and doesn't post his idiotic rumours anywhere else ?

Discussing a baseless rumour is the equivalent of discussing nothing and usually just ends up in flaming between the two team's fan bases.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I assume this Dan guy is a friend of yours as well ?

http://tricolore.ca/chfans/showthread.php?t=54076

lolololol.

Anyone can spew 10s of trades a day and get one of them right.

Eklund, your buddy, eh ?

Owned there.

Wasn't it El Cloun who reported Lecavalier being flown around in a plane above the city, or some **** like that ?

Spector is the only one you mentioned who doesn't suck.

On top of that, these sites only offer big name players in rumours. They seem to forget that minor deals are done as well.

You ever stop to think that there's a reason your buddy El Cloun stays with chfans and doesn't post his idiotic rumours anywhere else ?

Discussing a baseless rumour is the equivalent of discussing nothing and usually just ends up in flaming between the two team's fan bases.
Your understanding of the English language sure needs a lot of work as you took this topic 180° from where it was intended to be.

If you do chose to discuss the topic in a mature, non-confrontational way, I'll gladly exchange but until then, I refuse to lower myself to reply in the same way you just did.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 04:26 PM
flamesfan5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Your understanding of the English language sure needs a lot of work as you took this topic 180° from where it was intended to be.

If you do chose to discuss the topic in a mature, non-confrontational way, I'll gladly exchange but until then, I refuse to lower myself to reply in the same way you just did.
Well done

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote