HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread - Kings Rumor Mill XIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2011, 06:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Yep.

Its hard to stress the point to people who have a hard time agreeing but what players like Simmonds and Clifford do is equally as valuable as what a sniper does with very few exceptions.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
David booth (who is on D.L.'s list from L.A. fans) hasn't scored more than 60 points and is a .55 PPG player no where near Hemsky
Quote:
Well when he gives that up for Booth, better find the nearest tree and a rope.
Quote:
Who Booth prefect for the playoffs......has he even played in the playoffs. Hemsky 24 games played 17 points won 3 games for us in 06 closed out 3 series Detroit, Ducks, Sharks. Mr.Clutch
what's with the campaign to convince us that hemsky is better than booth? you know that none of us is the GM, right?

Old
02-25-2011, 06:06 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
Him too
Great then you guys are set, seems like every player you have is prefect for the playoffs why are we having this discussion again.......right D.L. wanted to add a top six forward I guess you guys must be missing something then hey

Old
02-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
The players on our roster are good for playoff play. The problem is that we have this big ass hole on line 1 which is NOT good for playoff play.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The players on our roster are good for playoff play. The problem is that we have this big ass hole on line 1 which is NOT good for playoff play.
kopitar is not an ass****!

Old
02-25-2011, 06:13 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
what's with the campaign to convince us that hemsky is better than booth? you know that none of us is the GM, right?
Just pointing out facts that's all, plus as I stated before I want L.A. to be as good as possible (second team) and I hate the Canucks your D is great you guys have some good skill and some grit but i really think adding Hemsky could put this team in a position to make a run. Of course i want the best return for Hemsky as well

Old
02-25-2011, 06:14 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Again how does getting hemsky help us fill the hole on the lw?

Old
02-25-2011, 06:17 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
Again how does getting hemsky help us fill the hole on the lw?
Hemsky doesn't make us Cup contenders either. Not worth giving up valuable assets for.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:19 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Hemsky doesn't make us Cup contenders either. Not worth giving up valuable assets for.
I agree with that statement, its more of a question for the people asking for him. Or is itjust a want to get anyone that have peoplec clamoring for him

Old
02-25-2011, 06:21 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
So what will make you cup contenders? In 06 we added 2 D-men 1 goilie and 1 forward (got lucky) and made a run.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Contrary to everyone else I think an addition like Hemsky or a good forward would make us Cup contenders. Wholly dependent on what we give up of course. I think we underrate what impact our defense and goaltending can have in the postseason.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:28 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
So what will make you cup contenders? In 06 we added 2 D-men 1 goilie and 1 forward (got lucky) and made a run.
If you call losing in the 2nd round a run. Seriously folks, I am not interested in getting lucky or a wing and a prayer, or any other BS.

Let's just stay on the current path to success and be patient and be contenders for 5-10 years in a row in 2 or 3 years. Wouldn't that be better?

Quote:
Contrary to everyone else I think an addition like Hemsky or a good forward would make us Cup contenders. Wholly dependent on what we give up of course. I think we underrate what impact our defense and goaltending can have in the postseason.
If Doughty and Johnson had a little more experience I might be more willing to accept this line of reasoning. I am fine with acquiring Hemsky if the cost is something like Martinez/Hickey, Moller, and a 2nd round pick. More than that and the price gets too rich for me.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:28 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
I want Hemsky to be a part of this team. We need his creativity, and with him I'm not sure that we AREN'T Cup Contenders.

However, I don't want Hemsky if it costs us Simmonds. I wouldn't even trade Simmonds for Hemsky straight up. Hemsky would mean a lot to this team and would CERTAINLY upgrade our offense, but Simmonds is a perfect playoff player and we need players like him, Clifford, Stoll, Smyth, Greene, Mitchell, etc. etc. when/if we get there.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:33 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:

You know what? The more I think about it, I think an addition of Ales Hemsky makes us a REAL threat in the playoffs. Throw in Andrei Loktionov in the line up and you have a pretty creative offense, and one of the best defensive teams in the league to go along with great goaltending.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:39 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
If you call losing in the 2nd round a run. Seriously folks, I am not interested in getting lucky or a wing and a prayer, or any other BS.

Let's just stay on the current path to success and be patient and be contenders for 5-10 years in a row in 2 or 3 years. Wouldn't that be better?

If Doughty and Johnson had a little more experience I might be more willing to accept this line of reasoning. I am fine with acquiring Hemsky if the cost is something like Martinez/Hickey, Moller, and a 2nd round pick. More than that and the price gets too rich for me.
Ah Ha! The EIGHT YEAR PLAN!
If you can guarantee me that the cup is ours then, sure I'll wait. But this thing called life offers no such guarantees. Hockey doesnt either. Carpe Diem. You might not get another.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I think I'm more worried about Quick than those two. I have a lot of trust in him but what happened last year happened and even with more rest given to Quick this season it still isn't going away. Mitchell can take a lot of the load off those two guys. I'd like to get Hemsky for that deal but I don't know if they have much need for Moller. It seems they're in need of more grit and bigger guys. Maybe something like Martinez and Teubert plus a pick. Not sure. We'll find out soon though!

Old
02-25-2011, 06:47 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
*************** is fiction. Even if this did happen or any variant of that deal.
That doesn't stop people from believing Matthew Barry

Old
02-25-2011, 06:49 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Ah Ha! The EIGHT YEAR PLAN!
If you can guarantee me that the cup is ours then, sure I'll wait. But this thing called life offers no such guarantees. Hockey doesnt either. Carpe Diem. You might not get another.
When you have a d like yours and a goalie as well you try to do something now to win, wait but crap happens Kopitar could get hurt and miss time or like us in our cup run the goalie gets run over and hurt, seeing the future is hard hindsight is 20/20. Go for it it might pan out. I don't know if just adding Hemsky gets you to the promised land but you have a better shot with him than without him.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:52 PM
no name

Quote:
I think I'm more worried about Quick than those two. I have a lot of trust in him but what happened last year happened and even with more rest given to Quick this season it still isn't going away. Mitchell can take a lot of the load off those two guys. I'd like to get Hemsky for that deal but I don't know if they have much need for Moller. It seems they're in need of more grit and bigger guys. Maybe something like Martinez and Teubert plus a pick. Not sure. We'll find out soon though!
I'm not worried about Quick at all. Based on his two year record I'm convinced that he is 100 percent legit and that last seasons breakdown was strictly due to overdoing his work load. This year Bernier is going a long way to relieve the week by week load. I think Quick will be great come playoffs, espescially considering the fact that Quick is young and in damn good shape.

Old
02-25-2011, 06:53 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Seriously guys. If fixing the hole in the top 6 doesn't make us cup contenders, then what the hell will?

If you are expecting it to be Kopitar becoming Crosby in 2 years... well then I love your imagination.

Sure, improvement all the way around with the team will help. But a sophomore Schenn and Loki are going to make us cup contenders but making the top 6 half as scary as our D and goaltending by adding a talent like Hemsky won't?

I feel like some of you won't think we are cup contenders until after we've won a cup.

Old
02-25-2011, 07:03 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Seriously guys. If fixing the hole in the top 6 doesn't make us cup contenders, then what the hell will?

If you are expecting it to be Kopitar becoming Crosby in 2 years... well then I love your imagination.

Sure, improvement all the way around with the team will help. But a sophomore Schenn and Loki are going to make us cup contenders but making the top 6 half as scary as our D and goaltending by adding a talent like Hemsky won't?

I feel like some of you won't think we are cup contenders until after we've won a cup.
Its scary for some people to dare to go for broke with out any guarantees. Everyone wants certainty. Need I remind everybody of what could happen with afew key injuries at the worst moment.

Having a plan for the future is a good thing, a very good thing, but failing to sieze the moment, just because it doesnt fit your plan can turn out to be a foolsih thing. There is no "perfect time" "perfect fit" or "perfect player." You make your own opportunities, or you can sit and wait for them to come to you. Which way do you think bears fruit more often?

Old
02-25-2011, 07:03 PM
lafan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

Hemsky might not cost us schenn... or lokti...

Old
02-25-2011, 07:14 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan13 View Post
Not the point. I wasn't thinking Hemsky would cost us Schenn or Loki. I was saying that people say "Hemsky won't make us a cup contender"

SO I ask those people, what will?

It seems the prevailing attitude is that in two years having Schenn and Loki on the roster full time WILL make us contenders. To me, hoping one of these guys is better than Hemsky in 2-3 years is much more far fetched than thinking Hemsky makes us contenders now.

Old
02-25-2011, 07:16 PM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan13 View Post
Well, it becomes simple then. No deal.

Old
02-25-2011, 07:17 PM
johnjm22

This team is much closer to being a contender then people realize. When you have rock solid D and goaltending, you can beat anyone.

You could argue we're a good PP away from being a contender right now.

Closed Thread