HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA/NJ : They are a good fit for each other.

Old
02-25-2011, 07:30 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
You guys complain about how much Schenn threads there are but here is another Parise thread.

How about we just keep Parise. And the Kings draft a winger.

EliasR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Parise09*

vCash: 500
You have a second line RW capable of 50-60 points, nothing more. Then you have a prospect who MIGHT become a second line centre capable of 60 points. You also have a crapshoot goalie. A potential #4-#5 d-man, and another second line prospect in loktianov.

Parise is a superstar who has proven capable of scoring 40+ goals and 90+ points playing with the trapping Devils. He's also one of the best defensive players as a winger.

Parise09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:32 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseR8 View Post
You guys complain about how much Schenn threads there are but here is another Parise thread.

i dont think a kings fan proposed this.....

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:35 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i dont think a kings fan proposed this.....
Oh okay then.

Last edited by EliasR8: 02-25-2011 at 07:51 PM.
EliasR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Why stop there, why not ask for ownership of the entire franchise in exchange for Parise and a vintage Chris Terreri jersey?

Wait, the Terreri is a reproduction? NO DEAL!

02-25-2011, 07:49 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise09 View Post
You have a second line RW capable of 50-60 points, nothing more. Then you have a prospect who MIGHT become a second line centre capable of 60 points. You also have a crapshoot goalie. A potential #4-#5 d-man, and another second line prospect in loktianov.
Take your homer glasses off.

Brown is good for 30/30.
Schenn WILL become a second line 60pt+ center. There is no question.
Bernier is arguably the best prospect goalie in the world.
Voynov is much more than a #4 or #5 Dman
Loktionov is great too. We'll keep that guy.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Parise is a superstar who has proven capable of scoring 40+ goals and 90+ points playing with the trapping Devils. He's also one of the best defensive players as a winger.
Brownie's offense is not even close to his most valuable asset, he is a banger and a leader. Calling him a 60-point guy lumps him with someone like Ryder, he is a lot closer to a healthy, young Morrow or someone like that.

Schenn MIGHT be capable of 60? He MIGHT be capable of 80, low end he's like 50-55, he's got an underrated shot, great vision, he's strong and I've never heard his attitude called into question at all.

Obviously you have absolutely no concept of what is bankable in terms of prospects because you describe Bernier as a "crapshoot goalie," when, in fact, among backups and prospects, he is one of the ten best goalies in the world. He has been a solid reserve this year and it's been a huge adjustment for him, in two-three years when he is a full-time starter he will be an animal. There were multiple reporters in Kings' camp speculating he'd steal Quick's job, nevermind how good Quick has been this year, even based on his past accomplishments that is a big nod and coming from people who cover the team constantly.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Shellz

Quote:

I thought the Devils don't trap? What a hilarious statement. So, the Devils don't trap, but if it makes a player look better... then the Devils trap. Gotcha.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseR8 View Post

Yes please.
No we have to tell the other guys.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Value-wise, it's close enough. And Bernier to the Devs makes sense with Brodeur's career winding down. But, it's kind of a pointless trade for LA. Why give up your best prospect, a very good young goalie, and Voynov (who I don't know much about) just to upgrade from Brown to Parise? That's not enough of an upgrade to make this deal if I'm Dean Lombardi. Brown is a 50-60 point player. Parise is a 70-80 point player. I think his 90 point season is more of the exception than the rule. Especially with the Devils likely continuing more of a defensive system that they just brought back with Lemaire's return. I don't think Bernier, Schenn, and Voynov are worth the 20-25 points at most that the upgrade from Brown to Parise gets you. Not to mention that Brown is LA's captain, and one of the most consistent hitters in the game. He's basically a 60 point Callahan. I don't think I'd even give up Brown for Parise straight up. Yes, Parise is the better player, but I just see Brown being more valuable to LA. It's just like how I wouldn't trade Callahan for say... Hemsky even though Hemsky is clearly the better offensive player and produces a lot more. And I'm not comparing Parise to Hemsky at all either. I'm just saying the upgrade from Brown to Parise isn't worth giving up all those extra assets. If it were those assets with Jack Johnson for Parise, it'd make more sense for LA because then you get Parise while keeping Brown which makes their offense very scary. And they have the depth on D to make that deal.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:03 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Posting a Parise to the Kings thread should be an auto-ban. This has been discussed in AT LEAST 15 different threads.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:08 PM
adaamhimself

Kings counter with

B. Schenn

For

Parise + 1st 2011-2015

adaamhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:08 PM
apice3*

The Devils don't trap being that the trap has been illegal since the lockout. We play a defensive style game that limits our offensive production but whatever. That being said, we're not trading our best player for prospects and a 2nd liner. When you're willing to give us Kopitar for prospects and a 2nd liner, let us know and we'll make a deal. Parise isn't going anywhere.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Shellz

I know the Devils don't trap. But, the statement is still funny. he must not be a Devils fan.

Old
02-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Parise09*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Value-wise, it's close enough. And Bernier to the Devs makes sense with Brodeur's career winding down. But, it's kind of a pointless trade for LA. Why give up your best prospect, a very good young goalie, and Voynov (who I don't know much about) just to upgrade from Brown to Parise? That's not enough of an upgrade to make this deal if I'm Dean Lombardi. Brown is a 50-60 point player. Parise is a 70-80 point player. I think his 90 point season is more of the exception than the rule. Especially with the Devils likely continuing more of a defensive system that they just brought back with Lemaire's return. I don't think Bernier, Schenn, and Voynov are worth the 20-25 points at most that the upgrade from Brown to Parise gets you. Not to mention that Brown is LA's captain, and one of the most consistent hitters in the game. He's basically a 60 point Callahan. I don't think I'd even give up Brown for Parise straight up. Yes, Parise is the better player, but I just see Brown being more valuable to LA. It's just like how I wouldn't trade Callahan for say... Hemsky even though Hemsky is clearly the better offensive player and produces a lot more. And I'm not comparing Parise to Hemsky at all either. I'm just saying the upgrade from Brown to Parise isn't worth giving up all those extra assets. If it were those assets with Jack Johnson for Parise, it'd make more sense for LA because then you get Parise while keeping Brown which makes their offense very scary. And they have the depth on D to make that deal.
Yet following the year he had 90+ points, he had 82 points and 38 goals. lol, buddy if anything he's a 80-90 point player and will probably score a few more in the 90+ range. Brown is a 50-60 point player... that is a huge difference. The year Parise score 94 points, Brown had 53...over 40 point difference. But yeah, keep your homer goggles on.

Parise09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Parise was an exceptional player before his injury. Even the most homerish Devils' fan should be very concerned about whether he can come back and play at the same level post surgery. His specific knee injury ends careers. With that said, I hope it never happens. I want to see him excel. He is what the NHL needs.

Regarding the trade, solely because of the injury, I don't want him especially with the type of package being discussed here going the other way.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I thought the Devils don't trap? What a hilarious statement. So, the Devils don't trap, but if it makes a player look better... then the Devils trap. Gotcha.
Hes not a Devils fan. Look at his what is posted under his username.

Devilsfan92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Hes not a Devils fan. Look at his what is posted under his username.
I'm on my phone. I can't see any of that.

Old
02-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickArmy View Post

REVISED: no point in adding picks
Dustin Brown
Jonathan Bernier
Voynov
Loktionov

for

Zach Parise
Hedberg
There are many reasons to object to this bad deal from a Kings standpoint, such as

1) Awesome combined salary value (very inexpensive) of these 4 Kings players as a group;
2) Uncertainty about how Parise will look after rehab - will he be a permanently different player?
3) The Kings create too many holes at key positions to make such a deal happen
4) Three excellent very young players leave the Kings and zero excellent very young players come back...

...and so on

Let me just add one other thing, keep Hedberg. Just keep him. If the Kings lose their minds enough to trade Bernier, which I highly doubt anyway and I sincerely hope not, getting no goaltender back would in a way be easier to swallow than getting a journeyman like Hedberg back. Martin Jones is an outstanding Kings goaltending prospect currently tearing it up in the AHL, IMO Jones could probably do the job as a legit NHL backup right this minute.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:21 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Parise was an exceptional player before his injury. Even the most homerish Devils' fan should be very concerned about whether he can come back and play at the same level post surgery. His specific knee injury ends careers. With that said, I hope it never happens. I want to see him excel. He is what the NHL needs.

Regarding the trade, solely because of the injury, I don't want him especially with the type of package being discussed here going the other way.
Uh what? His surgery was completely exploratory. They found some chips and crap that were removed for safety purposes but as far as knee injuries that require surgery go, this was the best, so to speak. Had he kept playing on it, then it would have become career threatening. They caught it early, fixed it, and he'll be fine.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

that is a tough thing to turn down. i'd do the revised deal in the OP for sure, but i think it would be better if Brown is switched to Schenn. no team wants to trade their captain even if they are acquiring a top talent like Parise. hell i'd even throw in Clarkson if you want him.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhark Attack View Post
that is a tough thing to turn down. i'd do the revised deal in the OP for sure, but i think it would be better if Brown is switched to Schenn. no team wants to trade their captain even if they are acquiring a top talent like Parise. hell i'd even throw in Clarkson if you want him.
Schenn - Bernier - Voynov - Loktionov

Of course any team would totally love to hose-over the Kings like that because that's way, way too much youth and future for the Kings to give up.

Lombardi would not in a thousand years literally give up the farm like that all in one shot.

Might as well ask for the next 3 years of 1st round picks also and why don't we throw in one or two more prospects while we're at it.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:34 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

i dont see the logic behind trading parise

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:35 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

id be pissed if i was a devils fan and parise was moved, even for this package

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
overpayment even if its a signed parise
Rubbish. Lombardi would be fired for turning that down. And Lou would be fired for proposing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I would be willing to bet a very large amount that Parise will be playing for the Devils next year. Only reason he would be moved is because he would make it clear he wouldn't stay as a UFA and he would ensure he would become UFA as soon as possible. Obviously then Lamoriello have no option. But does Parise strike you as that kind of guy?
He does not. And he has already stated multiple times that he wants to start negotiations soon, because he is willing to re-sign. He most certainly does not want out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Take your homer glasses off.

Brown is good for 30/30.
Schenn WILL become a second line 60pt+ center. There is no question.
Bernier is arguably the best prospect goalie in the world.
Voynov is much more than a #4 or #5 Dman
Loktionov is great too. We'll keep that guy.
You accuse him of being a homer, but then you overrate two of your own prospects. No prospect is a sure thing. And that statement about Bernier is laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post

What on earth are you talking about? He had a partial tear in his meniscus, and had surgery to clear that up. His cruciate ligaments are completely uninjured. I expect him back at exactly the same level he was at before the injury.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote