HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The Kings cruse continues....

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2003, 04:22 PM
  #1
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
The Kings curse continues....

Orpik with a knee on knee hit on Tim Gleason. Thanks Orpik! You deserve a long suspension

 
Old
10-10-2003, 04:30 PM
  #2
bluesforever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Again? What is up with the Kings and injuries?

bluesforever is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 04:34 PM
  #3
Tbagger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bakersfield
Country: United States
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
A-hole!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tbagger is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 04:39 PM
  #4
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesforever
Again? What is up with the Kings and injuries?
Right before the Devil and Rick Dudley agreed to a longterm deal (1st overall picks in exchange for his soul), the Devil offered the same deal to Taylor. Taylor refused, and the Devil, obviously, was not the least bit amused.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 04:56 PM
  #5
Quellet The Dogs Out
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Right before the Devil and Rick Dudley agreed to a longterm deal (1st overall picks in exchange for his soul), the Devil offered the same deal to Taylor. Taylor refused, and the Devil, obviously, was not the least bit amused.
:p

Awesome post bro!

Quellet The Dogs Out is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 05:44 PM
  #6
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Right before the Devil and Rick Dudley agreed to a longterm deal (1st overall picks in exchange for his soul), the Devil offered the same deal to Taylor. Taylor refused, and the Devil, obviously, was not the least bit amused.
That passed up "Duck fan with a voodoo doll" as the most logical reason yet

 
Old
10-10-2003, 07:05 PM
  #7
JDB3939
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Natrona Heights, PA
Posts: 3,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
I wouldn't put Orpik entirely to blame. Gleason saw the hit at the last second and instead of taking it, he jumped out of the way. Or attempted to and instead of getting hit my Orpik's hip. He got hit by his knee. The hit was not clean by any means, but it was not entirely Orpik's fault. Had Gleason taken the hit like most guys do, he would be fine except for his pride being hurt.

My avatar is a perfect example of an Orpik hit normally. The guy takes it. Gleason would be an Orpik hit gone bad. Gleason jumped of the the way taking Orpik knee to knee instead of hip to hip.

JDB3939 is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 07:33 PM
  #8
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,399
vCash: 500
You need to watch it on the replay. He led with the knee, not the hip

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 07:45 PM
  #9
Tbagger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bakersfield
Country: United States
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB3939
I wouldn't put Orpik entirely to blame. Gleason saw the hit at the last second and instead of taking it, he jumped out of the way. Or attempted to and instead of getting hit my Orpik's hip. He got hit by his knee. The hit was not clean by any means, but it was not entirely Orpik's fault. Had Gleason taken the hit like most guys do, he would be fine except for his pride being hurt.

My avatar is a perfect example of an Orpik hit normally. The guy takes it. Gleason would be an Orpik hit gone bad. Gleason jumped of the the way taking Orpik knee to knee instead of hip to hip.
What? ****!

Tbagger is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 08:09 PM
  #10
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
You need to watch it on the replay. He led with the knee, not the hip
Just read the line under his name and you'll understand the post.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 08:11 PM
  #11
ehc73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB3939
I wouldn't put Orpik entirely to blame. Gleason saw the hit at the last second and instead of taking it, he jumped out of the way. Or attempted to and instead of getting hit my Orpik's hip. He got hit by his knee. The hit was not clean by any means, but it was not entirely Orpik's fault. Had Gleason taken the hit like most guys do, he would be fine except for his pride being hurt.

My avatar is a perfect example of an Orpik hit normally. The guy takes it. Gleason would be an Orpik hit gone bad. Gleason jumped of the the way taking Orpik knee to knee instead of hip to hip.
While this is true sometimes(see Jeremy Roenick's hit dodging), in this case he led with the knee quite clearly.

ehc73 is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 08:20 PM
  #12
PecaFan
Registered User
 
PecaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Posts: 8,905
vCash: 500
Wasn't as bad as some are making it out to be. He lined up the guy to hit him with the hip, Gleason adjusted, which left Orpik in an awkward position, and he ended up kneeing him.

End result bad, but certainly not intentional.

PecaFan is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 08:56 PM
  #13
Jacob
Registered User
 
Jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 25,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB3939
I wouldn't put Orpik entirely to blame.
I would.

I was really disappointed in that hit. I can deal with the Penguins losing, and thus starting scrums and fights, but I really really despise when any players, especially Penguins, throw out their knees like that. Whatever suspension he gets, won't be enough. That is not representative of Penguins hockey. It made me more sick in thinking that the game was only half over, and Laperierre or someone could have easily done the same to Lemieux or Straka.

That said, I know Orpik certainly didn't mean it. He's a big hitter, but he's in a class above the Marchments and Kasparaitis'. You could tell that right at the last minute he tried to pull his knee back in, but it was too late.

I hope Gleason's okay.

Jacob is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 09:02 PM
  #14
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
I would.

I was really disappointed in that hit. I can deal with the Penguins losing, and thus starting scrums and fights, but I really really despise when any players, especially Penguins, throw out their knees like that. Whatever suspension he gets, won't be enough. That is not representative of Penguins hockey. It made me more sick in thinking that the game was only half over, and Laperierre or someone could have easily done the same to Lemieux or Straka.

That said, I know Orpik certainly didn't mean it. He's a big hitter, but he's in a class above the Marchments and Kasparaitis'. You could tell that right at the last minute he tried to pull his knee back in, but it was too late.

I hope Gleason's okay.
Well put. Orpik has never struck me as that kind of player either, but, as you said, he needs to be dealt with. I'm saying anywhere from 5-7 games, but in all likelyhood, Campbell will chicken out again and give him 2 games or something small. Still, despite this injury, I wouldn't lump Orpik in with the Marchment's of the league. He'll learn from this and will adjust his hitting technic to be more in sync with the speed of the play at the NHL level. I'm glad though that the Kings didn't retaliate at all. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just hope right now that this injury isn't season threatening.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 11:32 PM
  #15
I Am Ziggy Palffy
Registered User
 
I Am Ziggy Palffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,124
vCash: 500
wats going on here?!?!?!?...game 1 norstrom....game 2 gleason!!!...last year the kings went thorugh 45 skaters...tats like chagning the whole lineup of players 3 times in one year!!!

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 11:35 PM
  #16
Fishhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings


"I'm pretty stubborn but hopefully I'll be back Sunday against Chicago," Gleason said. "I didn't know he'd catch me like that. It shocked me for a minute and it was like a charley horse after that."

Then again, no MRI has been done. Right now it just sounds like a bruise, though.

Fishhead is offline  
Old
10-10-2003, 11:47 PM
  #17
I Am Ziggy Palffy
Registered User
 
I Am Ziggy Palffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,124
vCash: 500
tats a relief...hopefully its jus tat...but the way his leg bent after the hit...tat looked pretty bad

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline  
Old
10-11-2003, 02:12 PM
  #18
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,095
vCash: 500
Campbell has handed down his verdict and APPARENTLY didn't even need to see the MRI. 1 game. What a joke. Atleast we know that Colly is still a gutless puke when it comes to handing down suspensions. He better hope it really is only a bruised thigh. Still, with an attempt to injure penalty and an apparent knee on knee job, 1 game isn't worth it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=56825

kingsfan is offline  
Old
10-11-2003, 02:48 PM
  #19
LuckyLUC20
Registered User
 
LuckyLUC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Somewhere in So-Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
one game is a f-ing joke. one game does NOT justify what Orpik did to Gleason. Knee on knee hits are potential career enders... these hits should NOT be tolerated.

Great job, NHL... that'll show 'em.

LuckyLUC20 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.