HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The Kings cruse continues....

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
The Kings curse continues....

Orpik with a knee on knee hit on Tim Gleason. Thanks Orpik! You deserve a long suspension

Old
10-10-2003, 04:30 PM
bluesforever

vCash: 500
Again? What is up with the Kings and injuries?

Old
10-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Tbagger

A-hole!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-10-2003, 04:39 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesforever
Again? What is up with the Kings and injuries?
Right before the Devil and Rick Dudley agreed to a longterm deal (1st overall picks in exchange for his soul), the Devil offered the same deal to Taylor. Taylor refused, and the Devil, obviously, was not the least bit amused.

Old
10-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Quellet The Dogs Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Right before the Devil and Rick Dudley agreed to a longterm deal (1st overall picks in exchange for his soul), the Devil offered the same deal to Taylor. Taylor refused, and the Devil, obviously, was not the least bit amused.
:p

Awesome post bro!

Old
10-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
That passed up "Duck fan with a voodoo doll" as the most logical reason yet

Old
10-10-2003, 07:05 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
I wouldn't put Orpik entirely to blame. Gleason saw the hit at the last second and instead of taking it, he jumped out of the way. Or attempted to and instead of getting hit my Orpik's hip. He got hit by his knee. The hit was not clean by any means, but it was not entirely Orpik's fault. Had Gleason taken the hit like most guys do, he would be fine except for his pride being hurt.

My avatar is a perfect example of an Orpik hit normally. The guy takes it. Gleason would be an Orpik hit gone bad. Gleason jumped of the the way taking Orpik knee to knee instead of hip to hip.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

You need to watch it on the replay. He led with the knee, not the hip

Old
10-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Tbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB3939
I wouldn't put Orpik entirely to blame. Gleason saw the hit at the last second and instead of taking it, he jumped out of the way. Or attempted to and instead of getting hit my Orpik's hip. He got hit by his knee. The hit was not clean by any means, but it was not entirely Orpik's fault. Had Gleason taken the hit like most guys do, he would be fine except for his pride being hurt.

My avatar is a perfect example of an Orpik hit normally. The guy takes it. Gleason would be an Orpik hit gone bad. Gleason jumped of the the way taking Orpik knee to knee instead of hip to hip.
What? ****!

Old
10-10-2003, 08:09 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
You need to watch it on the replay. He led with the knee, not the hip
Just read the line under his name and you'll understand the post.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:11 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:

While this is true sometimes(see Jeremy Roenick's hit dodging), in this case he led with the knee quite clearly.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:20 PM
PecaFan

Wasn't as bad as some are making it out to be. He lined up the guy to hit him with the hip, Gleason adjusted, which left Orpik in an awkward position, and he ended up kneeing him.

End result bad, but certainly not intentional.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Jacob

Quote:
I wouldn't put Orpik entirely to blame.
I would.

I was really disappointed in that hit. I can deal with the Penguins losing, and thus starting scrums and fights, but I really really despise when any players, especially Penguins, throw out their knees like that. Whatever suspension he gets, won't be enough. That is not representative of Penguins hockey. It made me more sick in thinking that the game was only half over, and Laperierre or someone could have easily done the same to Lemieux or Straka.

That said, I know Orpik certainly didn't mean it. He's a big hitter, but he's in a class above the Marchments and Kasparaitis'. You could tell that right at the last minute he tried to pull his knee back in, but it was too late.

I hope Gleason's okay.

Old
10-10-2003, 09:02 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
I would.

I was really disappointed in that hit. I can deal with the Penguins losing, and thus starting scrums and fights, but I really really despise when any players, especially Penguins, throw out their knees like that. Whatever suspension he gets, won't be enough. That is not representative of Penguins hockey. It made me more sick in thinking that the game was only half over, and Laperierre or someone could have easily done the same to Lemieux or Straka.

That said, I know Orpik certainly didn't mean it. He's a big hitter, but he's in a class above the Marchments and Kasparaitis'. You could tell that right at the last minute he tried to pull his knee back in, but it was too late.

I hope Gleason's okay.
Well put. Orpik has never struck me as that kind of player either, but, as you said, he needs to be dealt with. I'm saying anywhere from 5-7 games, but in all likelyhood, Campbell will chicken out again and give him 2 games or something small. Still, despite this injury, I wouldn't lump Orpik in with the Marchment's of the league. He'll learn from this and will adjust his hitting technic to be more in sync with the speed of the play at the NHL level. I'm glad though that the Kings didn't retaliate at all. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just hope right now that this injury isn't season threatening.

Old
10-10-2003, 11:32 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

wats going on here?!?!?!?...game 1 norstrom....game 2 gleason!!!...last year the kings went thorugh 45 skaters...tats like chagning the whole lineup of players 3 times in one year!!!

Old
10-10-2003, 11:35 PM
Fishhead

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

"I'm pretty stubborn but hopefully I'll be back Sunday against Chicago," Gleason said. "I didn't know he'd catch me like that. It shocked me for a minute and it was like a charley horse after that."

Then again, no MRI has been done. Right now it just sounds like a bruise, though.

Old
10-10-2003, 11:47 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

tats a relief...hopefully its jus tat...but the way his leg bent after the hit...tat looked pretty bad

Old
10-11-2003, 02:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Campbell has handed down his verdict and APPARENTLY didn't even need to see the MRI. 1 game. What a joke. Atleast we know that Colly is still a gutless puke when it comes to handing down suspensions. He better hope it really is only a bruised thigh. Still, with an attempt to injure penalty and an apparent knee on knee job, 1 game isn't worth it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=56825

Old
10-11-2003, 02:48 PM
LuckyLUC20

one game is a f-ing joke. one game does NOT justify what Orpik did to Gleason. Knee on knee hits are potential career enders... these hits should NOT be tolerated.

Great job, NHL... that'll show 'em.

Closed Thread