HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #63 @ Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #63 @ Washington Capitals
Brian Boyle 1 0.64%
Ryan Callahan 1 0.64%
Erik Christensen 88 56.41%
Steve Eminger 1 0.64%
Dan Girardi 3 1.92%
Henrik Lundqvist 34 21.79%
Ryan McDonagh 7 4.49%
Vaclav Prospal 1 0.64%
Michael Sauer 4 2.56%
Derek Stepan 14 8.97%
Other 2 1.28%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-25-2011, 10:32 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
NYR shut out a team that entered the game with green, AO, semin, backstrom, and carlson, WHILE missing their premier number 1 shut down d-man….. and Girardi gets a single freakin' vote??
Do you think he was the player of the game? He played pretty well...but I didn't see him dominate.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:53 PM
ColonialsHockey10

What happened to Feds. Any news on the severity. I totally missed that.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:06 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Do you think he was the player of the game? He played pretty well...but I didn't see him dominate.
girardi even admitted himself that he didnt play as well as he would have liked. he made a few really bad pinches tonight that resulted in odd man rushes.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
The Good: Erik Christensen
The Bad: Losing Fedetenko
The Redden: Having to listen to Joe Bennanati and Craig Laughlin the whole game and claiming every Ranger goal was a lucky bounce.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Captain Monglobster

If you told me Christensen would one day be the best player on the Rangers on a night where Lundqvist gets the shutout, I would have punched you in the face.

Here's to seeing this Christensen a few more times this year.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
If you told me Christensen would one day be the best player on the Rangers on a night where Lundqvist gets the shutout, I would have punched you in the face.

Here's to seeing this Christensen a few more times this year.
I still wouldn't mind whatsoever if Christensen gets traded right now.

02-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Kritikal

Send a message via MSN to Kritikal
Excellent game by everyone, I'm glad they're finally starting to pull it together in time for the stretch run.

POTG:
Ryan McDonagh. He stepped up in a big way with Staal out, and did everything we could ask of him. Even on the penalty he took, it was the right play. Making the Gomez trade look that much better (essentially, Gaborik + McDonagh + Prust + Valentenko for Gomez... no wonder Gainey lost his job)

The Good:
Christensen - Like usual, when we're about to completely give up on him, he comes through huge with a four-point game. If he can bring this more than once every 10 games, I may learn to love the guy.
Stepan - Gotta give him credit for not taking any crap from Green, and his line has been one of the most dominant lines I've seen the Rangers ice in a long time.
Lundqvist - Stood on his head for us tonight to earn the W and the SO (now first in shutouts), making key saves when he had to.
Sauer - While that fight was probably not the best choice at the time, he served Chimera, and was noticeable in a big way tonight.
Wolski - Despite not scoring tonight and appearing to get his ice time limited, I saw him backchecking--hard--on several occasions where it would have been an odd-man rush otherwise, and he broke up the play as well.

The Bad:
Christensen only stepping up once every ten games or so
Fedotenko out (hopefully only day-to-day)
Stepan's possible suspension (which would be BS given he's a first-time offender, there was zero intent to injure, but could be seen as a retaliatory play since Green crosschecked him from behind straight into the boards just prior)

The Redden:
The refs, like usual, missed many obvious calls... one (or two) of which resulted in a Rangers goal, so should I really be complaining?

Last edited by Kritikal: 02-26-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Kritikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Front page is updated as of 1:15 AM.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Pizza

I really enjoyed listening to the Caps announcers moan and groan about their team. Those guys annoy the heck out of me.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

I thought Dan Girardi played awful tonight...he looked semi-list w/o Staal there...McDonagh vastly outplayed Girardi imho.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I really enjoyed listening to the Caps announcers moan and groan about their team. Those guys annoy the heck out of me.
they are a LOT better than the Pittsburgh guys...they have some semblance of fairness to them, calling out missed calls on their own team, giving credit to the rangers on good plays, and saying the caps played like crap.

only thing worse than listening to a pittsburgh broadcast is listening to a Buffalo one....my ears bleed when jeanerette is speaking.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:47 AM
SickNice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
I thought Dan Girardi played awful tonight...he looked semi-list w/o Staal there...McDonagh vastly outplayed Girardi imho.
Inferno, I could not agree more.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:55 AM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Girardi was OK tonight. I think the whole defense as a six played very well though. Covered for each other and cleared the crease well. It's funny how this team seems to play better when its best players are injured.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

The Stepan hit is one of those plays where 2 players go into the corner after the puck and they both shoulder eachother a step before they actually get to the puck. It happens all the time. In this case, Green was sleeping and wasn't ready for any contact, thus, Stepan's shoulder met Green's down-facing head instead of his shoulder. It's not Stepan's fault. Green should've been ready when going into the corner. He should've known contact was coming and he should've initiated or at least shouldered Stepan back at the same time, but he's lazy or just stupid so he didn't and Stepan clocked him. Happens. No suspension, but since it's the Rangers, I wouldn't be surprised if there was one.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Youtube of Torts's postgame on the front page.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i would be pissed the hell off if there was a suspension from that hit...looked like a hockey play.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:11 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Youtube of Torts's postgame on the front page.
Brooksy chewin on Torts regarding the Stepan hit. I liked the way Torts handled it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

I was going to pickup my GF for dinner (she lives in Northern Westchester, I live in Queens), so I listened to the 1st period on the radio. 970am went out pretty much after I left the Bronx, so I searched for another station that might have the game. I found 1500am, which is some caps station. For some weird reason, the signal must bounce off the ionosphere and be able to be picked up in the area. It sounds funny, but I travel alot, and I've gotten Albany radio stations in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.

Anyway, I'm listening to the caps radio broadcast going through Westchester. In the 1st period alone, they must have mentioned that STEPAN elbowed Green about 10 times just in the half an hour or so I was listening. They weren't really complaining about it, but the way they were pounding it over and over, you would have thought it was a very dirty elbow.

We got to the restaurant in White Plains and I was able to get them to put the game on and caught the end of the 2nd and all of the 3rd period. They showed replays and I really didn't think it was that bad. It was a retribution hit for sure, but I'm pretty sure Stepan just wanted to plant Green on his ass as he was coming in for the puck, not headshot him.

I can't tell you how many times I saw Forsberg pull the same exact move back in the day.

Edit: Also, just want to make it clear that I made the Forsberg comment BEFORE I listened to Torts postgame lol! I was not ripping him off!

Last edited by Revelation: 02-26-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:34 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Very nice, even better it led to goal. And I noticed Feds only had 4plus minutes of ice team, and Wolski 13. Something up with Feds, and Wolski have a weak game, or just other lines stepped up?
I am not 100% but I think Feds left the game after the hit he took.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Ola

Good- I am going to single out Vlaclav Prospal and WW-Step-MZA. With the WW-Step-MZA line fireing on all cylindars, and Prospals smarts -- we get a little more poised with the puck.

Notwithstanding the above, we got a couple of lucky bounces early and Caps collapsed. People say that we should be a bottom 5 team in the East due to our weak roster. Look at the Caps. Three forwards, a offensiveminded D who is always injured and has his flaws. Zero depth. We should definitely not be a 8-10 team in this conference looking at our roster. Everyone have flaws.

The Bad- Still not enough creativity.

Dubi-AA-Cally, are in a slump right now.

The Redden- Sean Avery, the kid have more in him.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:52 AM
SKS

Our 2nd and 3rd line made things happen on every shift.. Surprised by the lack of ice time for our 2nd line (W2 Step MZA), because especially in the beginning of the game they made things happen every single shift !! Then again, I may be biased in feeling that w2 step zuc is the best line we have.. and their production is only at times limited by low ice-time or line juggles that simply baffles me. Zuc was on the ice during 3 of our 4 first goals. First he is in front of goal on first one. Then he sets us up in the zone prior to third goal on point, and then on 4th he battles hard for puck and makes a quick pass to mdz prior to goal..

SKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:53 AM
SKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Good- I am going to single out Vlaclav Prospal and WW-Step-MZA. With the WW-Step-MZA line fireing on all cylindars.
Guess we agree

SKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:08 AM
ohbaby

It's all good tonight. No bad, no Redden. Where do I start. Hank with the shutout, Micky D and Sauer stepping up bigtime in Staals absence. Sauer played great but I was really impressed with Ryan. Eminger also played well,... Infact the whole team played great defensively. They really closed off much of the neutral zone, not allowing the Caps any momentum up the ice. And when they did make it across the blueline there were timely stick checks breaking up plays. Ofcourse the Caps are not the team they were last year, for whatever reason.

I would like to see this kind of performance against Tampa or Philly or even the Devils.

If we could slow down Tampa through the neutral zone like we did tonight vs the Caps,... that would be mighty impressive.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:17 AM
rody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
girardi even admitted himself that he didnt play as well as he would have liked. he made a few really bad pinches tonight that resulted in odd man rushes.
. He sacrifices his body and face(lol) for this team and makes a lot a great plays . . He is definitely one of the least appreciated players.

rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:58 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rody View Post
. He sacrifices his body and face(lol) for this team and makes a lot a great plays . . He is definitely one of the least appreciated players.
With Malik and Rosy gone. Who's next for the Boo Birds? Cause you know someone will be singled out by the fickle Garden Crowd.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote