HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Loktionov likely done for the season

Old
02-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Dancing boy tweet:

Quote:
Loktionov update: Not his surgically repaired shoulder, but his OTHER shoulder. Kid can't catch a break
He's usually very accurate with injuries.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:27 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Atleast it's not the same one

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:38 AM
Fishhead

Poor guy.

He does need to put on some mass. The only thing that surprises me is that this didn't happen sooner and in the NHL. He's got a ton of skill, and once he gets the size needed to lean and body up on players to protect the puck, he won't be taking as many big hits.

We've been fortunate this year *wood, knock* with injuries. Hopefully our center depth isn't tested further.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Well, I said that if Loktionov stayed down in Manchester beyond the game with Anaheim, I was going to be very disappointed. And now, this happens.

I realize this type of injury could have happened with the Kings, but I do think that something like this just illustrates the issues I have with this management team. I don't doubt their ability to garner talent, I doubt their ability to make use of it once they have it. Loktionov was mismanaged, and now he's on the shelf again.
Agree 100%
We are clearly mismanaging some of our assets. Voynov rotting 3 years in Manchester without getting even a callup is a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if he'll decide to stay in Russia next Summer.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:23 AM
wicker

Man, that sucks. I'm sure they were thinking about calling him up during the next few days. Hopefully Moller is ready to step up.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:26 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
Agree 100%
We are clearly mismanaging some of our assets. Voynov rotting 3 years in Manchester without getting even a callup is a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if he'll decide to stay in Russia next Summer.
Just curious, when did you think Voynov should have been called up???

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:37 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

If anything, it just shows that he's not physically ready for the NHL but it also means it's one less asset we could use to acquire the big fish. For example, he could've allegedly been apart of the package for Hemsky or Penner but the Oilers might back off now because of Lokti's history with injuries

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Just curious, when did you think Voynov should have been called up???
Just curious, who's better in your opinion, Harrold/Drewiske or Voynov? Who has more upside? And please don't mention the waiver thing, because I don't give a **** about loosing for nothing two marginal players at best.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:43 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Just curious, who's better in your opinion, Harrold/Drewiske or Voynov? Who has more upside? And please don't mention the waiver thing, because I don't give a **** about loosing for nothing two marginal players at best.
LOL Funny you mention the two guys that haven't played in a month...

so you would rather have Voynov up here in the press box, than actually playing heavy minutes??

Interesting theory..

Old
02-26-2011, 01:44 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Ok so we call up Voynov and make him a healthy scratch? How does that make any sense lol? Look at how Detroit keeps all their players on the farm teams forever and eventually they'll earn the right to play for the big club. Voynov has lots of things to work on still, he misses 80% of his shots according to the Manchester fans (not actually 80 but he misses alot)

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:25 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Ok so we call up Voynov and make him a healthy scratch? How does that make any sense lol? Look at how Detroit keeps all their players on the farm teams forever and eventually they'll earn the right to play for the big club. Voynov has lots of things to work on still, he misses 80% of his shots according to the Manchester fans (not actually 80 but he misses alot)
They also say he has to work on his defense. Cause not playing sound D on the Kings will get you benched.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:27 AM
Albi

I'd call him up to get a cup of coffee at least, not to sit him. Dude was playing in the KHL almost 3 years ago as a KID, and could be making much more money in Russia. Instead, he chose to come to NA. IMO we are gambling a little with him, leaving him 3 years down in Manchester without a single call up. And in case you've missed it, he's been the Monarchs best Dman all season long. What bothers me is that he never got a call.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:28 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
I'd call him up to get a cup of coffee at least, not to sit him. Dude was playing in the KHL almost 3 years ago as a KID, and could be making much more money in Russia. Instead, he chose to come to NA. IMO we are gambling a little with him, leaving him 3 years down in Manchester without a single call up. And in case you've missed it, he's been the Monarchs best Dman all season long. What bothers me is that he never got a call.
Who would you sit in the middle of a playoff race for this cup of coffee???????

Old
02-26-2011, 02:32 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
If you talk to people who actually watch Manchester games they say he is a good PMD. But he lacks in the Defense part of that statement.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:36 AM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Who would you sit in the middle of a playoff race for this cup of coffee???????
I'm not saying NOW...we had the whole season to play him at least in a couple games. Of course now it's not the right moment.

sjmay, do you have your period? Relax dude, we are just talking.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:37 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

For those blaming management for this one: really? Does their culpability know no bounds?

Quote:
He's maybe just now at the point where he might be able to contribute. If you think Jack has lapses sometimes, wait until you see Voynov. His mistakes would be magnified times 10 in the NHL.

Keep in mind that he came over way early and he's only 21. Most players his age would be AHL rookies right now.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:40 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
For those blaming management for this one: really? Does their culpability know no bounds?

He's maybe just now at the point where he might be able to contribute. If you think Jack has lapses sometimes, wait until you see Voynov. His mistakes would be magnified times 10 in the NHL.

Keep in mind that he came over way early and he's only 21. Most players his age would be AHL rookies right now.
I so wish Drew and JAck spent at least TWO seasons at Manchester. So people would be a little more patient with young players.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:45 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
This is ALL on management. He should of never been down there. Oh well.. At least we still have MARCO STURM.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:50 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
This is ALL on management. He should of never been down there. Oh well.. At least we still have MARCO STURM.
Yah cause there is no way he could get injured in the NHL right ?

Are you serious man ?

Old
02-26-2011, 02:54 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
You know, last year, he got injured in his first game after being called up, so...

Old
02-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Shellz

Don't even bother.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Don't even bother.
Sometimes I wonder why I do

Old
02-26-2011, 03:05 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
here's the real story guize: lombardi actually took the day off to go down and watch lokti, and by "watch," i mean he shot him in the shoulder from the rafters.

damn you dean!

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:08 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
You know, last year, he got injured in his first game after being called up, so...
they should ahve put him into the ECHL, where he's never been injured. that's management's fault.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:47 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Well now he's out of shoulders. So hopefully this is the last of "season ending" anything in regards to Lokti.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote