HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers and Stars have had preliminary Richards discussions

Old
02-26-2011, 08:45 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
I agree. Something like...

Stepan + McDonagh / McIlrath + conditional 2nd (1st if Richards signs)
Let's all get on the page here. The Rangers will not be trading Stepan. They will trade Anisimov 100 times before they move Stepan for Richards.

He has two years left on his ELC, where as Anisimov is an RFA after this season. They need every bit of cap space. Stepan has 36 points already so far this season. He's on pace for around 46 to 50 points. I think Anisimov had 32 his entire rookie season.

They also will not be moving McI or McD in the trade either. They will move MDZ before they move either of those two. I would move McI, but I don't see the Rangers management trading him after they picked him 10th overall and spoke so highly of him. McD has been rock solid pretty much since being called up a few months ago. He is already playing top 4 minutes.

Anisimov + MDZ + conditional pick (If he re-signs, or if he agrees to re-sign before the trade, a 1st in 2011).

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 08:49 AM
SuperSaiyanSTARS
DangeRouss

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Let's all get on the page here. The Rangers will not be trading Stepan. They will trade Anisimov 100 times before they move Stepan for Richards.

He has two years left on his ELC, where as Anisimov is an RFA after this season. They need every bit of cap space. Stepan has 36 points already so far this season. He's on pace for around 46 to 50 points. I think Anisimov had 32 his entire rookie season.

They also will not be moving McI or McD in the trade either. They will move MDZ before they move either of those two. I would move McI, but I don't see the Rangers management trading him after they picked him 10th overall and spoke so highly of him. McD has been rock solid pretty much since being called up a few months ago. He is already playing top 4 minutes.

Anisimov + MDZ + conditional pick (If he re-signs, or if he agrees to re-sign before the trade, a 1st in 2011).
NO..

SuperSaiyanSTARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 08:54 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanSTARS View Post
NO..
So you wouldn't want a 1st in 2011? Doesn't make much sense. He more then likely will re-sign with whatever team he is dealt to, but I really don't see a team like the Rangers offering the first without a condition attached to it.

Constructive post though...

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 08:57 AM
TrueBlueJoe89

Quote:
ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Gilroy a 4-5th paring D and Christensen?! Christensen has NO value to the Stars whatsoever! We already have Benn AND Wandell.
and that prospect better be Kreider or Grachev.
Yup I am serious. Dallas is not going to get equal value back from the NYR at all.

If everything was so damn ideal in this world. I would give....

Anisimov, Del Zotto, Grachev, 1st, 3rd(could turn into a conditional 2nd).

If you through me back Richards and a d-man.

TrueBlueJoe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 08:59 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueJoe89 View Post
Watch Richards get dealt for Gilroy,Christensen,Prospect, and a 2nd.

Rangers are not trading any of their core players for him. Sather has said it publicly and is taking this all the way to the deadline. Stars know Richards will not resign with them most likely and the guy holds a NTC. It is either they lose him for nothing or get something out of it from the Rangers.

Dallas has almost no leverage in the situation. It also does not help that they are falling like a ton of bricks in the standings and Richards is injured.
Not true, sure they are limited by his NTC, but if they dont want to trade him they dont have to. And you can be sure if that is all he costs there will be more teams bidding for him than just NYR.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 09:15 AM
BPD

This deal would be a lot more open if Niskanen were still on the Stars, methinks. The Rangers would have happily taken him back as well.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Ail
Girardi Sucks

Quote:
NO..
Yeah because a solid two-way 2-3rd line center, a future PMD, and a conditional 1st is a horrible return for a guy you may lose to FA.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:22 AM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
Richards > Hossa
overall offensively, yes.
overall, 2 way play? no.

and the "rental" price there is obscene.
if thats what Dallas is asking for id just let them rot with Richards.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote