HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Misc. Rumours/Speculation thread (non-official sources)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2011, 11:38 AM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Misc. Rumours/Speculation thread (non-official sources)

Incarcerated bob, dallas dave etc. type rumors go in here.

Keep the thread on topic. We're not here to discuss what the mods have decided. We've put a lot of thought and a lot of effort into trying to get you guys a way to talk about anything regarding deadline rumors in an organized manner. Please help us out by putting posts where they need to be.

Any abuse in this thread in the form of posting NSFW sites or anything else deemed unsuitable by HF standards will result in thread bans and bans of an even larger magnitude, if you catch my drift.

New rule for this thread. You don't necessarily need to post the link to the rumour, but we do need a name from where the rumour is coming from.

Last edited by overlords: 02-26-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old
02-26-2011, 11:39 AM
BLONG7

Fun time of year...but not for the mods...

Old
02-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Habiton

*************** just said on the radio that if Stastny goes, he will go to one of the Canadian teams (Said Montreal first, then Toronto).

TBH, I would overpay just to ensure that Toronto doesnt get him! As long as Patches, PK and Price stay pat here.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:48 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
*************** just said on the radio that if Stastny goes, he will go to one of the Canadian teams (Said Montreal first, then Toronto).

TBH, I would overpay just to ensure that Toronto doesnt get him! As long as Patches, PK and Price stay pat here.
My thoughts exactly. If we get stastny, we not only gain a great player, but we also keep the division weaker if the only other alternative is Toronto getting him.

I'd love to keep eller if at all posssible, but I'd agree that Patches, PK and Price need to stay, Stastny makes Eller redundant.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Andy

Quote:

Could you imagine Bob is right though? He would have made quite the reputation for himself.

Also, could you imagine if the habs got him?

With a core of Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Statsny, Markov...we'd be contenders for years to come, no doubt in my mind. Why? because that's 6 players who can turn a game around by themselves. Having Statsny and Plekanec on two different lines will ensure secondary scoring because both don't need other players for them to create their own scoring chances.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:51 AM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:

100% agreed, couldnt have said it better myself!

Old
02-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
My thoughts exactly. If we get stastny, we not only gain a great player, but we also keep the division weaker if the only other alternative is Toronto getting him.

I'd love to keep eller if at all posssible, but I'd agree that Patches, PK and Price need to stay, Stastny makes Eller redundant.
I was literally about to post that!

If I am Colorado (and blowing up the team), I would want someone who can replace Stastny in 2-3 years, as well as a first and a great prospect (most likely a forward or goalie). That being said, I think that if Toronto is really in the thick of things (AKA adding Colborne) then Montreals offer would be something along these lines:

Eller + 1st + Kristo + A.Kost/(A player who is underperforming and could really use a change of scenery...I would say Gomez but )

To me that is an overpayment but you gotta give to get and keeping Stastny away from the leafs IMO makes this an underpayment.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:52 AM
compile

Just to let everyone know that Inc. Bob reported McCabe going to the rangers is probable. No one believed him. Now that Kypreos reported it, it's no longer bogus...

He still hasn't replied to my "any new Habs news"

Old
02-26-2011, 11:53 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I was literally about to post that!

If I am Colorado (and blowing up the team), I would want someone who can replace Stastny in 2-3 years, as well as a first and a great prospect (most likely a forward or goalie). That being said, I think that if Toronto is really in the thick of things (AKA adding Colborne) then Montreals offer would be something along these lines:

Eller + 1st + Kristo + A.Kost/(A player who is underperforming and could really use a change of scenery...I would say Gomez but )

To me that is an overpayment but you gotta give to get and keeping Stastny away from the leafs IMO makes this an underpayment.
Agreed. Pains me to say it as Eller is one of my favorite habs prospects in a long time. I see something really special in him.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:54 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:

I don't know about over paying especially if Burke really wants Stastny. He might go overboard and offer Kadri, Schenn, Boston's 2011 1st, 2012 1st, 2013 1st.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Could you imagine Bob is right though? He would have made quite the reputation for himself.

Also, could you imagine if the habs got him?

With a core of Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Statsny, Markov...we'd be contenders for years to come, no doubt in my mind. Why? because that's 6 players who can turn a game around by themselves. Having Statsny and Plekanec on two different lines will ensure secondary scoring because both don't need other players for them to create their own scoring chances.
If we get Stastny, we will be instant contends. Imagine, if you will, next years lines:

Cammy - Stastny - Patches
Gionta - Pleks - A.Kost/FA
Pouliot - Desh - White
Darche - Halpern - Pyatt (Any of these can be replaced by bigger players)

Markov - Gorges
Subban - Gill
Sopel - Weber

Price
Auld/Backup

Cup Contenders IMO.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:

Eller, weber + 1st ?

Old
02-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I don't know about over paying especially if Burke really wants Stastny. He might go overboard and offer Kadri, Schenn, Boston's 2011 1st, 2012 1st, 2013 1st.
I dont think any GM would be that stupid.

Future Top 2 Defensive D
Future Top 6 C
2 Top 5 (If not top 10) picks
And a 1st.

If he offers that, you can have Stastny. They will be handcuffed for 3 more years, which I like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Agreed. Pains me to say it as Eller is one of my favorite habs prospects in a long time. I see something really special in him.
I know, Eller is going to be such a good player. The problem is that when he is ready for the 1st line C role, Gionta, Cammy and even Pleks will be on the wrong side of 30 and we will either have to ship them off or just hope they play the same.

The only thing that worries me is PG's ability to grow a pair, I think with his track record, he will do it.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Next Best Thing*

What radio station is this bob guy on, team 990?

Old
02-26-2011, 12:00 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
i hope we have enought to grab stastny, but if i were the kings, i would throw them a package of bernier and schenn for stastny which is something that we simply cant match, hopefully the kings think that his 6.6m cap hit is just too much for them to take...

Old
02-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Habiton

It gets blocked out lol, check his status for the link. It is internet radio and its archived.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:01 PM
compile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
What radio station is this bob guy on, team 990?
WFAN 660 in the US. Can't stream it on Canada unless you use a proxy.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:04 PM
googlymoogly

I wonder if PG has a plan in play to trade Gomez right away if he gets Stastny? He'll need to dump Gomez but if other teams see that Montreal is in cap space trouble they might suddenly want extra talent or picks just to take Gomez.

We would have
Stastny
Plekanec
DDH
Halpern

I think next year it might be

Stastny
Plekanec
DDH
Cheap UFA plus Engqvist

Old
02-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I wonder if PG has a plan in play to trade Gomez right away if he gets Stastny? He'll need to dump Gomez but if other teams see that Montreal is in cap space trouble they might suddenly want extra talent or picks just to take Gomez.

We would have
Stastny
Plekanec
DDH
Halpern

Stastny
Plekanec
DDH
Cheap UFA plus Engqvist
If this answers your question (one of his updates yesterday):

Habs are still waiting as teams get desperate down stretch be4 deadline #Gomez

Old
02-26-2011, 12:09 PM
compile

We would have
Stastny
Plekanec
DDH
Halpern

Stastny
Plekanec
DDH
Cheap UFA plus Engqvist[/QUOTE]

The NHL won't approve of the trade unless Gomez is in it or is waived 1st. They don't give teams a period to adjust their cap issue, has to be done with the trade or prior to it.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Habiton

Quote:
The NHL won't approve of the trade unless Gomez is in it or is waived 1st. They don't give teams a period to adjust their cap issue, has to be done with the trade or prior to it.
According to capgeek

http://twitter.com/#!/capgeek/status/40874762829971456

We have around 5.6 Mil, Stastny is 6.6 Mil so we need to clear 1 Mil, which means that we could trade then a roster player or just send someone down. Gomez doesnt need to be moved before.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:12 PM
PhysicX

Colisse why are you guys giving me these hopes of getting Stastny??? As much as I would fkin adore to believe you guys and Pierre Gauthier, you guys thinking about future lineups with him included irritates me soo much! Why do you guys give me this tiny false hope that puts a smile on my face and a sudden rush of blood somewhere else and keeps me from cleaning my house

Old
02-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Colisse why are you guys giving me these hopes of getting Stastny??? As much as I would fkin adore to believe you guys and Pierre Gauthier, you guys thinking about future lineups with him included irritates me soo much! Why do you guys give me this tiny false hope that puts a smile on my face and a sudden rush of blood somewhere else and keeps me from cleaning my house
If its any consolation I havent been able to stop looking at twitter for like 3 days

Old
02-26-2011, 12:16 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
According to capgeek

We have around 5.6 Mil, Stastny is 6.6 Mil so we need to clear 1 Mil, which means that we could trade then a roster player or just send someone down. Gomez doesnt need to be moved before.
If Eller is going the other way that is $875,000 so we would need to waive a guy like Pyatt, Weber, Picard to get us the difference. Still with Stastny we need to get rid of Gomez.

I really wouldn't want to trade AK if we get Stastny, I think he might break out having an offensive minded center.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:19 PM
compile

Quote:
According to capgeek

Was he put on LTIR??

Closed Thread