HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Misc. Rumours/Speculation thread (non-official sources)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Habiton

vCash: 500
875+Bonus' which brings you to about 1.4 Mil. Plus we have 8D, so we can waive Picard no problem.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:24 PM
xduckiex

You know what sucks about the Stastny deal? It's not likely going to happen because it's been talked about. How many of the trades the org. has made in the last couple of seasons have been discussed days beforehand and come true? MTL is like the cone of silence until the moments before it happens

Old
02-26-2011, 12:26 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Are you guys really serious about that trade?? Step in Colorado's GM shoes for a minute and see what they are lacking in... What pops into my mind is a first goalie... If they'd ever start next year with Elliot and Budaj as first and second, they won't go anywhere. Saying that, the only thing we'd be able to offer them in that position is Ramo, who is playing in the KHL and I don't know how this would work or if he'd even consider going to the NHL... At best, our chances are very slim or getting Stastny IMO, but I really want to believe guys

Old
02-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
i hope we have enought to grab stastny, but if i were the kings, i would throw them a package of bernier and schenn for stastny which is something that we simply cant match, hopefully the kings think that his 6.6m cap hit is just too much for them to take...
True, if the Kings (or the Rangers) target Stastny, our best offer won't get it done. But we can definitely outbid the Leafs.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by xduckiex View Post
You know what sucks about the Stastny deal? It's not likely going to happen because it's been talked about. How many of the trades the org. has made in the last couple of seasons have been discussed days beforehand and come true? MTL is like the cone of silence until the moments before it happens
That's one of many reasons why it's unlikely to happen.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:29 PM
overlords
Hfboards

There's been talk about us shopping Ramo. Like gomez, he seems to have more value than the average hf boards poster thinks, imagine that .

Somebody even posted an article that said he was the best commodity still in Russia.

Also keep in mind that leafs have those 2 first rounders now.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:30 PM
sammy d

Nice job splitting the rumours threads, i like.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
There's been talk about us shopping Ramo. Like gomez, he seems to have more value than the average hf boards poster thinks, imagine that .

Somebody even posted an article that said he was the best commodity still in Russia
Isn't he the best goalie in the KHL right now? If so I'd say he has fair value.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Habiton

Quote:

Somebody even posted an article that said he was the best commodity still in Russia
lol, agreed.

And whoever posted the thing about it getting talked about, no mainstream media anywhere ever talked about Stastny to Montreal from what I gather. The only person is this *************** and a similar path was taken by Carmelo Anthony. He had been saying to the Knicks for weeks, and nobody said it would happen. Guess what happened.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Isn't he the best goalie in the KHL right now? If so I'd say he has fair value.
Agreed. People saying he won't come over are delusional. I'm 100% sure he comes over if the habs trade him to a team that has a need for a #1.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by xduckiex View Post
Not totally true. Few years ago Habs were rumored to go after Hossa very strong at the deadline... he finally went to Pittsburgh. But we knew after that Gainey was really close to getting him.

It would obviously REALLY surprise me if we would get Statsny though.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Habs Junkie

Ok sooo Ramo+Eller+weber+1st for Stastny? Throw in Emelin :-)

Old
02-26-2011, 12:36 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Are you guys really serious about that trade?? Step in Colorado's GM shoes for a minute and see what they are lacking in... What pops into my mind is a first goalie... If they'd ever start next year with Elliot and Budaj as first and second, they won't go anywhere. Saying that, the only thing we'd be able to offer them in that position is Ramo, who is playing in the KHL and I don't know how this would work or if he'd even consider going to the NHL... At best, our chances are very slim or getting Stastny IMO, but I really want to believe guys
Eller, Ramo, Weber, pick. This is hard to turn down as Colorado would get a ready center, defenseman, and Ramo said he would come back if he's a number one. I think it is very possible and Eller does have more upside so he's the main center piece of the package.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:37 PM
JackieChan

Would Eller, Ramo and a 1st be realistic, value and need-wise, for Stastny?

Old
02-26-2011, 12:37 PM
JayBee*

LOL, don't do this to yourself Hab fans. Stastny is not coming here. When has this organization made a bold move? Besides that, we don't have the players that they'd want compared to the Rangers and Kings.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:38 PM
xduckiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
Not totally true. Few years ago Habs were rumored to go after Hossa very strong at the deadline... he finally went to Pittsburgh. But we knew after that Gainey was really close to getting him.

It would obviously REALLY surprise me if we would get Statsny though.
On occasion it does happen. Did anyone discuss the Moore, Mara, Sopel/Dawes, Gomez deals? Not that I can recall. Not even the non mainstream guys.

Even on free agent day every player signed was a suprise and wasn't "rumored" days before.

MTL usually comes out of nowhere with trades and it's usually guys that no one has even thought was on the trade market.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:38 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Would Eller, Ramo and a 1st be realistic, value and need-wise, for Stastny?
I'd want either Tinordi or Weber added.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:40 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
LOL, don't do this to yourself Hab fans. Stastny is not coming here. When has this organization made a bold move? Besides that, we don't have the players that they'd want compared to the Rangers and Kings.
Who do the Rangers have that we don't... and that they would be willing to trade ?

Don't forget taht there's a good chance that they can sign Richards this offseason without trading good players.

As for the Kings... they got the assets... but does Colorado really want to help them ?

Old
02-26-2011, 12:40 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I'd want either Tinordi or Weber added.
They'd likely want weber, i think. Tinordi is years away and they're rumored to want more NHL ready prospects. At that point, we'd also need to find a replacement on D. They're rumored to be packaging stastny and JML, and JML's value is supposedly much lower than I thought, so who knows?

It IS nice to dream sometimes

Old
02-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Habiton

Quote:
They'd likely want weber, i think. Tinordi is years away and they're rumored to want more NHL ready prospects. At that point, we'd also need to find a replacement on D. They're rumored to be packaging stastny and JML, and JML's value is supposedly much lower than I thought, so who knows?

It IS nice to dream sometimes
lol, for sure. My thought process is this:

Possible suitors:

LA (Why would colorado help them?)
NYR (I think they want Richards a lot more)
TOR (We can outbid them)
CAL (Cap space? And we can outbid them)
MTL
EDM (The only team I am really worried about, however I think they are more sellers than buyers, and it would take one of the big three to land stastny)

Cant think of any other team.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:44 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Somebody even posted an article that said he was the best commodity still in Russia.

If gomez had value he would be gone by now. No one is taking a 40point player who is paid over 7 million except for gainey and we all know where he is now.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Roulin

Quote:
When has this organization made a bold move?
When they traded for Gomez, let Koivu, Kovalev and Komisarek walk, and signed Cammalleri, Gionta, Spacek and Gill, all within a couple of weeks.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Stastny = biding war

so

Eller-Ramo-Weber- 1st 2011-2nd 2012

the Leafs can offer 2 1st 2011 and Kadri and the Monster

Do know witch package is the best

Old
02-26-2011, 12:47 PM
JackZap

Quote:

doesnt hurt that Bob in Philly is playing well, adds some value to Ramo IMO

Old
02-26-2011, 12:47 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
lol, for sure. My thought process is this:

Possible suitors:

LA (Why would colorado help them?)
NYR (I think they want Richards a lot more)
TOR (We can outbid them)
CAL (Cap space? And we can outbid them)
MTL
EDM (The only team I am really worried about, however I think they are more sellers than buyers, and it would take one of the big three to land stastny)

Cant think of any other team.
Well lets hope NY gets Richards, this would create less demand for Stastny. I think they are the most legit threat. Montreal does have the advantage of having a Ramo.
If they trade Weber I hope they bring Emelin over this summer.

Closed Thread