HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Misc. Rumours/Speculation thread (non-official sources)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2011, 01:04 PM
  #76
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
That's awesome!

NLHabsFan is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:04 PM
  #77
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Kadri is defintely "sexier" than Eller... but Gustavsson ? And why would TO deal him when they clearly are in need of goaltending...

As for the 2 1st rounders this year... don't they only have the Boston one, which will most probably be worst than ours ?

And with all the mess surrounding the Kessel trade... I think Burke will be a lot more carefull with his firsts... I don't see him trading them, even for Stastny.

The Mtl offer is much better, imo... but would that be enough ?
Really?

I see the kid being a bust and never living up to the billing the Leafs and fans have labelled him with. Their prospects were so low he became the automatic top prospect and hasn't been exactly lighting up the AHL.

He looks to be the type of player who will never be able to put on the required weight he would need to be successful, he is easy to knock off the puck and his shot is weak (not to mention his inability to one-time).

Eller to me has a higher ceiling, and I'm not being biased as Kadri was a kid I was hoping the Habs would take as he was a Hab fan.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:05 PM
  #78
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't know. A mid-1st, and two solid prospects for a #1 C. Hmm.

Would you deal Plekanec for a 1st, Joey Hishon, and Cumiskey?

Tough deal to make.
Colorado have money issues from what I hear, who knows, maybe they want to shed his 6.6M salary? they already have their franchise center in Duchene. They cant have 2 centers making close to 7M each

JackZap is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:05 PM
  #79
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,270
vCash: 500
Getting rid of Gomez would require throwing in something extra. Then getting Stastny would be expensive. I would love to see him here. I just think that might take a huge chunk out of the cupboard.

I would be happy at this point if we could bring in a really good top six winger.

andy28 is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:05 PM
  #80
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't know. A mid-1st, and two solid prospects for a #1 C. Hmm.

Would you deal Plekanec for a 1st, Joey Hishon, and Cumiskey?

Tough deal to make.
You're short-selling his proposal... but, it's pretty fair value... espacially if it was a rebuilding move...

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:05 PM
  #81
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstill View Post
From The Fourth Period:
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl110226.html

Supposedly, the Habs have inquired the Sens about Spezza and are also keeping their eyes on Penner, Huselius, and are still the frontrunners for Phillips. If I were PG, I would try as much as possible to make a deal for any of these players, but what would it take to get any of these players? Write me your opinion of which player you think the Habs should acquire and write me what PG would have to give up to make a deal...
The price for Spezza would be too high and I wouldn't want to deal good assets to a division rival.. Unless it was for Gomez then yeah..

The Oilers are apparently asking quite a bit for Penner and I rather not trade for a big guy that rarely hits and is deemed lazy at times..

Huselius and Phillips I just don't want to trade anything for TBH but as is the norm for the Habs non impact guys like these are exactly the type of deals the Habs make so I expect both will soon be Habs..

sheed36 is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:05 PM
  #82
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Kadri is defintely "sexier" than Eller... but Gustavsson ? And why would TO deal him when they clearly are in need of goaltending...

As for the 2 1st rounders this year... don't they only have the Boston one, which will most probably be worst than ours ?

And with all the mess surrounding the Kessel trade... I think Burke will be a lot more carefull with his firsts... I don't see him trading them, even for Stastny.

The Mtl offer is much better, imo... but would that be enough ?
They have the Flyers 1st also

NLHabsFan is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
  #83
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't know. A mid-1st, and two solid prospects for a #1 C. Hmm.

Would you deal Plekanec for a 1st, Joey Hishon, and Cumiskey?

Tough deal to make.
You have to consider Colorado has Duchene though. After Plekanec we have nobody even close to ready to step up as a #1C. We're also not "rebuilding". If Eller was ready to be a #1 C though and Desharnais was stepping up as a #2 C I'd trade Plekanec for a Kaberle deal.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:08 PM
  #84
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
spezza would be interesting, but ott would want the farm
Yep. I cant even think of a deal that would work with Montreal. A-Tit would have to come back for salary reasons, plus a bit more, plus obviously MaxPac, and thats just barely scraping the surface. Spezza has been ridiculous since he came back, he's basically the only player on our team who can make his own offense consistently. He's factored in on around half of our offense, he's winning faceoffs around a 60% click, and he's clearly still heating up. I'm not gonna bank on it, but he definitely looks like he could still finish the season around PPG. Considering we are praying for a 25 goal scorer this year, and our 2nd highest scoring winger has 9 goals in 61 games, I'd say what he's doing is pretty irreplaceable.

wubwubwubwub is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:08 PM
  #85
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 500
I honestly don't know why would colorado trade Stastny seriously I can't why. to save money perhaps ? I don't understand why they would do that.

Forsead is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:10 PM
  #86
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Really?

I see the kid being a bust and never living up to the billing the Leafs and fans have labelled him with. Their prospects were so low he became the automatic top prospect and hasn't been exactly lighting up the AHL.

He looks to be the type of player who will never be able to put on the required weight he would need to be successful, he is easy to knock off the puck and his shot is weak (not to mention his inability to one-time).

Eller to me has a higher ceiling, and I'm not being biased as Kadri was a kid I was hoping the Habs would take as he was a Hab fan.
Come on a ppg player at 20... I'd say that's lighting it up... Eller wasn't even close to that production last year at 21yo.

Kadri might be a bit overrated by the Leafs fans but so is Eller by Habs fans... Kadri is younger, dominated the minors and, I'd even say the AHL and was a 7th pick...

Kadri is definitely "sexier" as a prospect than Eller... does that mean Kadri will be a better player in the future ? No... but right now I see him as having much better value than Eller.

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:10 PM
  #87
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The price for Spezza would be too high and I wouldn't want to deal good assets to a division rival.. Unless it was for Gomez then yeah..

The Oilers are apparently asking quite a bit for Penner and I rather not trade for a big guy that rarely hits and is deemed lazy at times..

Huselius and Phillips I just don't want to trade anything for TBH but as is the norm for the Habs non impact guys like these are exactly the type of deals the Habs make so I expect both will soon be Habs..
Put Phillips in a good system and he's a top 5 DMan in the league in terms of defence, and thats counting guys like Pronger and Lidstrom who are not just defensive dmen. Under Martin, he would absolutely be an impact player.

wubwubwubwub is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:11 PM
  #88
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
You have to consider Colorado has Duchene though. After Plekanec we have nobody even close to ready to step up as a #1C. We're also not "rebuilding". If Eller was ready to be a #1 C though and Desharnais was stepping up as a #2 C I'd trade Plekanec for a Kaberle deal.
Please tell me you don't think Kaberle is even close to Pleky in terms of value to the Habs???

nyhabsfan is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:11 PM
  #89
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Colorado have money issues from what I hear, who knows, maybe they want to shed his 6.6M salary? they already have their franchise center in Duchene. They cant have 2 centers making close to 7M each
That's the thing Eller is young and would get more ice time behind Duchene plus they would have quite a few picks this year and may even get a top 5 winger that could make the team next year. Weber would give them a puck moving defense man. Sure the team will struggle this year, they already are, but they will also get more ice time and be ready for next year.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:12 PM
  #90
overlords
#BargainBanned
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Come on a ppg player at 20... I'd say that's lighting it up... Eller wasn't even close to that production last year at 21yo.

Kadri might be a bit overrated by the Leafs fans but so is Eller by Habs fans... Kadri is younger, dominated the minors and, I'd even say the AHL and was a 7th pick...

Kadri is definitely "sexier" as a prospect than Eller... does that mean Kadri will be a better player in the future ? No... but right now I see him as having much better value than Eller.
Yes he was. He started the year with mono. Ever had it? He finished the year at over a ppg pace iirc. That and it was his first year playing north american hockey (again, iirc).

overlords is online now  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:13 PM
  #91
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
SunGarrioch Bruce Garrioch
by TheFourthPeriod
There are 17 scouts from 14 different teams on the press list in Buffalo tonight. Don't ask me who: I will say Montreal has 2.
Interesting, we can assume this much is true from Garrioch....anything else would be speculation and BS.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:14 PM
  #92
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
First and foremost, thank you moderators for allowing this. We hear too often about the negative, not enough about the positive. Thumbs up on this one.

As for the Statsny rumours, I can think of a few reasons why Habs' fans shouldn't hold their breath:
  1. He doesn't have a NTC or NMC on his deal, so the Avalanche can take the best offer out there.
  2. I honestly don't believe that Montreal will be the most offering team because they're not the most desperate team.
  3. Getting rid of Gomez' contract is harder than people think, especially with the season he's having.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:15 PM
  #93
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
That's the thing Eller is young and would get more ice time behind Duchene plus they would have quite a few picks this year and may even get a top 5 winger that could make the team next year. Weber would give them a puck moving defense man. Sure the team will struggle this year, they already are, but they will also get more ice time and be ready for next year.
and its not like their winning with Statsny anyways. Im thinking this could work but then again, im on Percocets right now

JackZap is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:15 PM
  #94
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yes he was. He started the year with mono. Ever had it? He finished the year at over a ppg pace iirc. That and it was his first year playing north american hockey (again, iirc).
The adaptation period is way overrated concerning euro players... some of them have absolutely no problem adapting and they don't get better after a while...

Is this a pissing contest again... habs fans trying to downgrade a Leaf player or what ?

Kadri is a great young player, period. And I'm pretty sure if you asked around the league about the value of both players... I think Kadri would be on top...

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:16 PM
  #95
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Come on a ppg player at 20... I'd say that's lighting it up... Eller wasn't even close to that production last year at 21yo.

Kadri might be a bit overrated by the Leafs fans but so is Eller by Habs fans... Kadri is younger, dominated the minors and, I'd even say the AHL and was a 7th pick...

Kadri is definitely "sexier" as a prospect than Eller... does that mean Kadri will be a better player in the future ? No... but right now I see him as having much better value than Eller.
Eller isn't being billed the #1 centre as soon as he made the team, Kadri has that on his head already and has failed in his call ups because of it.

Eller has the body and size to add weight, he does and he can be a dominate player with his size and skill. He needs to add the weight to get there. And having the presence of players like Plekanec and Gomez ahead of him takes any pressure off of him to be the man now, or even next season.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:16 PM
  #96
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
The adaptation period is way overrated concerning euro players... some of them have absolutely no problem adapting and they don't get better after a while...

Is this a pissing contest again... habs fans trying to downgrade a Leaf player or what ?

Kadri is a great young player, period. And I'm pretty sure if you asked around the league about the value of both players... I think Kadri would be on top...
And some of them do have troubles adapting to NA?

So how do you decide which category Eller falls under?

what's your point?

Nidema is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:18 PM
  #97
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Please tell me you don't think Kaberle is even close to Pleky in terms of value to the Habs???
yeah, was about to post that myself. Plekanec is the team MVP and if it weren't for the NHL's total abandonment of what the Selke used to mean, he'd be a household name.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:18 PM
  #98
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
And some of them do have troubles adapting to NA?

So how do you decide which category Eller falls under?

what's your point?
That we can't automatically say that Eller would have had better stats if he was north-american or already playing in NA...

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:19 PM
  #99
overlords
#BargainBanned
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
The adaptation period is way overrated concerning euro players... some of them have absolutely no problem adapting and they don't get better after a while...

Is this a pissing contest again... habs fans trying to downgrade a Leaf player or what ?

Kadri is a great young player, period. And I'm pretty sure if you asked around the league about the value of both players... I think Kadri would be on top..
.
I didn't say a thing about kadri.

overlords is online now  
Old
02-26-2011, 01:20 PM
  #100
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I didn't say a thing about kadri.
Fair enough... my bad... concerning you

MTL-rules is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.