HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Misc. Rumours/Speculation thread (non-official sources)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2011, 01:04 PM
NLHabsFan

vCash: 500
That's awesome!

Old
02-26-2011, 01:04 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Kadri is defintely "sexier" than Eller... but Gustavsson ? And why would TO deal him when they clearly are in need of goaltending...

As for the 2 1st rounders this year... don't they only have the Boston one, which will most probably be worst than ours ?

And with all the mess surrounding the Kessel trade... I think Burke will be a lot more carefull with his firsts... I don't see him trading them, even for Stastny.

The Mtl offer is much better, imo... but would that be enough ?
Really?

I see the kid being a bust and never living up to the billing the Leafs and fans have labelled him with. Their prospects were so low he became the automatic top prospect and hasn't been exactly lighting up the AHL.

He looks to be the type of player who will never be able to put on the required weight he would need to be successful, he is easy to knock off the puck and his shot is weak (not to mention his inability to one-time).

Eller to me has a higher ceiling, and I'm not being biased as Kadri was a kid I was hoping the Habs would take as he was a Hab fan.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:05 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't know. A mid-1st, and two solid prospects for a #1 C. Hmm.

Would you deal Plekanec for a 1st, Joey Hishon, and Cumiskey?

Tough deal to make.
Colorado have money issues from what I hear, who knows, maybe they want to shed his 6.6M salary? they already have their franchise center in Duchene. They cant have 2 centers making close to 7M each

Old
andy28

Getting rid of Gomez would require throwing in something extra. Then getting Stastny would be expensive. I would love to see him here. I just think that might take a huge chunk out of the cupboard.

I would be happy at this point if we could bring in a really good top six winger.

Old
MTL-rules

Quote:

Tough deal to make.
You're short-selling his proposal... but, it's pretty fair value... espacially if it was a rebuilding move...

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstill View Post
From The Fourth Period:
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl110226.html

Supposedly, the Habs have inquired the Sens about Spezza and are also keeping their eyes on Penner, Huselius, and are still the frontrunners for Phillips. If I were PG, I would try as much as possible to make a deal for any of these players, but what would it take to get any of these players? Write me your opinion of which player you think the Habs should acquire and write me what PG would have to give up to make a deal...
The price for Spezza would be too high and I wouldn't want to deal good assets to a division rival.. Unless it was for Gomez then yeah..

The Oilers are apparently asking quite a bit for Penner and I rather not trade for a big guy that rarely hits and is deemed lazy at times..

Huselius and Phillips I just don't want to trade anything for TBH but as is the norm for the Habs non impact guys like these are exactly the type of deals the Habs make so I expect both will soon be Habs..

Old
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Kadri is defintely "sexier" than Eller... but Gustavsson ? And why would TO deal him when they clearly are in need of goaltending...

As for the 2 1st rounders this year... don't they only have the Boston one, which will most probably be worst than ours ?

And with all the mess surrounding the Kessel trade... I think Burke will be a lot more carefull with his firsts... I don't see him trading them, even for Stastny.

The Mtl offer is much better, imo... but would that be enough ?
They have the Flyers 1st also

Old
02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:

Tough deal to make.
You have to consider Colorado has Duchene though. After Plekanec we have nobody even close to ready to step up as a #1C. We're also not "rebuilding". If Eller was ready to be a #1 C though and Desharnais was stepping up as a #2 C I'd trade Plekanec for a Kaberle deal.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:08 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
spezza would be interesting, but ott would want the farm
Yep. I cant even think of a deal that would work with Montreal. A-Tit would have to come back for salary reasons, plus a bit more, plus obviously MaxPac, and thats just barely scraping the surface. Spezza has been ridiculous since he came back, he's basically the only player on our team who can make his own offense consistently. He's factored in on around half of our offense, he's winning faceoffs around a 60% click, and he's clearly still heating up. I'm not gonna bank on it, but he definitely looks like he could still finish the season around PPG. Considering we are praying for a 25 goal scorer this year, and our 2nd highest scoring winger has 9 goals in 61 games, I'd say what he's doing is pretty irreplaceable.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Forsead

I honestly don't know why would colorado trade Stastny seriously I can't why. to save money perhaps ? I don't understand why they would do that.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:10 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Really?

I see the kid being a bust and never living up to the billing the Leafs and fans have labelled him with. Their prospects were so low he became the automatic top prospect and hasn't been exactly lighting up the AHL.

He looks to be the type of player who will never be able to put on the required weight he would need to be successful, he is easy to knock off the puck and his shot is weak (not to mention his inability to one-time).

Eller to me has a higher ceiling, and I'm not being biased as Kadri was a kid I was hoping the Habs would take as he was a Hab fan.
Come on a ppg player at 20... I'd say that's lighting it up... Eller wasn't even close to that production last year at 21yo.

Kadri might be a bit overrated by the Leafs fans but so is Eller by Habs fans... Kadri is younger, dominated the minors and, I'd even say the AHL and was a 7th pick...

Kadri is definitely "sexier" as a prospect than Eller... does that mean Kadri will be a better player in the future ? No... but right now I see him as having much better value than Eller.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:10 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The price for Spezza would be too high and I wouldn't want to deal good assets to a division rival.. Unless it was for Gomez then yeah..

The Oilers are apparently asking quite a bit for Penner and I rather not trade for a big guy that rarely hits and is deemed lazy at times..

Huselius and Phillips I just don't want to trade anything for TBH but as is the norm for the Habs non impact guys like these are exactly the type of deals the Habs make so I expect both will soon be Habs..
Put Phillips in a good system and he's a top 5 DMan in the league in terms of defence, and thats counting guys like Pronger and Lidstrom who are not just defensive dmen. Under Martin, he would absolutely be an impact player.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:11 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
You have to consider Colorado has Duchene though. After Plekanec we have nobody even close to ready to step up as a #1C. We're also not "rebuilding". If Eller was ready to be a #1 C though and Desharnais was stepping up as a #2 C I'd trade Plekanec for a Kaberle deal.
Please tell me you don't think Kaberle is even close to Pleky in terms of value to the Habs???

Old
02-26-2011, 01:11 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Colorado have money issues from what I hear, who knows, maybe they want to shed his 6.6M salary? they already have their franchise center in Duchene. They cant have 2 centers making close to 7M each
That's the thing Eller is young and would get more ice time behind Duchene plus they would have quite a few picks this year and may even get a top 5 winger that could make the team next year. Weber would give them a puck moving defense man. Sure the team will struggle this year, they already are, but they will also get more ice time and be ready for next year.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:12 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Come on a ppg player at 20... I'd say that's lighting it up... Eller wasn't even close to that production last year at 21yo.

Kadri might be a bit overrated by the Leafs fans but so is Eller by Habs fans... Kadri is younger, dominated the minors and, I'd even say the AHL and was a 7th pick...

Kadri is definitely "sexier" as a prospect than Eller... does that mean Kadri will be a better player in the future ? No... but right now I see him as having much better value than Eller.
Yes he was. He started the year with mono. Ever had it? He finished the year at over a ppg pace iirc. That and it was his first year playing north american hockey (again, iirc).

Old
02-26-2011, 01:13 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
SunGarrioch Bruce Garrioch
by TheFourthPeriod
There are 17 scouts from 14 different teams on the press list in Buffalo tonight. Don't ask me who: I will say Montreal has 2.
Interesting, we can assume this much is true from Garrioch....anything else would be speculation and BS.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

First and foremost, thank you moderators for allowing this. We hear too often about the negative, not enough about the positive. Thumbs up on this one.

As for the Statsny rumours, I can think of a few reasons why Habs' fans shouldn't hold their breath:
  1. He doesn't have a NTC or NMC on his deal, so the Avalanche can take the best offer out there.
  2. I honestly don't believe that Montreal will be the most offering team because they're not the most desperate team.
  3. Getting rid of Gomez' contract is harder than people think, especially with the season he's having.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:15 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
That's the thing Eller is young and would get more ice time behind Duchene plus they would have quite a few picks this year and may even get a top 5 winger that could make the team next year. Weber would give them a puck moving defense man. Sure the team will struggle this year, they already are, but they will also get more ice time and be ready for next year.
and its not like their winning with Statsny anyways. Im thinking this could work but then again, im on Percocets right now

Old
02-26-2011, 01:15 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yes he was. He started the year with mono. Ever had it? He finished the year at over a ppg pace iirc. That and it was his first year playing north american hockey (again, iirc).
The adaptation period is way overrated concerning euro players... some of them have absolutely no problem adapting and they don't get better after a while...

Is this a pissing contest again... habs fans trying to downgrade a Leaf player or what ?

Kadri is a great young player, period. And I'm pretty sure if you asked around the league about the value of both players... I think Kadri would be on top...

Old
02-26-2011, 01:16 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:

Eller isn't being billed the #1 centre as soon as he made the team, Kadri has that on his head already and has failed in his call ups because of it.

Eller has the body and size to add weight, he does and he can be a dominate player with his size and skill. He needs to add the weight to get there. And having the presence of players like Plekanec and Gomez ahead of him takes any pressure off of him to be the man now, or even next season.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Nidema

Quote:
The adaptation period is way overrated concerning euro players... some of them have absolutely no problem adapting and they don't get better after a while...

Is this a pissing contest again... habs fans trying to downgrade a Leaf player or what ?

Kadri is a great young player, period. And I'm pretty sure if you asked around the league about the value of both players... I think Kadri would be on top...
And some of them do have troubles adapting to NA?

So how do you decide which category Eller falls under?

what's your point?

Old
02-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Please tell me you don't think Kaberle is even close to Pleky in terms of value to the Habs???
yeah, was about to post that myself. Plekanec is the team MVP and if it weren't for the NHL's total abandonment of what the Selke used to mean, he'd be a household name.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:18 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
And some of them do have troubles adapting to NA?

So how do you decide which category Eller falls under?

what's your point?
That we can't automatically say that Eller would have had better stats if he was north-american or already playing in NA...

Old
02-26-2011, 01:19 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:

Kadri is a great young player, period. And I'm pretty sure if you asked around the league about the value of both players... I think Kadri would be on top..
I didn't say a thing about kadri.

Old
02-26-2011, 01:20 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I didn't say a thing about kadri.
Fair enough... my bad... concerning you

Closed Thread