HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - Nyr

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2011, 02:27 PM
  #26
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
From Edmonton's perspective, that is giving up the most important player on their team and three key pieces for Staal. From Edmontons point of view its an overpayment. From the Rags, its not an overpayment and not enough. And perhaps the bolded should be directed at yourself, Hemsky is not a rental by any means.
Zeus yiou know as well as i do, that there isnt a snowballs chance in hell that Hemsky is an Oiler in 2013, so youre lying to yourself when you say that. thats what makes him a rental.

Ill go so far as to say it will hurt the franchise if he's still there and if he resigns, Penner yes, he could stay, but not a chance in hell Tambo keeps Hemsky. it retards the kids development, and this needs to be Hall and Eberle's team and no longer Hemskys,

its the only way theyll grow

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:30 PM
  #27
Seanzie888
Registered User
 
Seanzie888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Waaaaaaaaay Up
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
lol at "Future Norris winner". He's a great player but you act like he's the second coming of Lidstrom/Pronger/Niedermeyer/Orr/Bourque/Potvin/Robinson.... He's not there yet.

He's still really young and many things can go wrong. By the same token, he might also develop into the superstar you clearly think he is. Currently though, I would not trade that much unless its a proven asset coming back and its still so early to say what he will become.

Clearly Staal is a Ranger for life because there is no way in hell the Oilers do this deal. Certainly an overpayment from the Oilers perspective.

This proposal should just close because its going to get silly.

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:31 PM
  #28
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
You wanna take staal from NY it starts with Hall or Eberle.

No need for another oft injured sniper here. Lets get real. Staal is right now, arguably the most important piece of this squad.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:36 PM
  #29
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oXo Cube View Post
+ what? I would think long and hard about MPS + Petry.
The Oilers wouldn't. If that's what it will take to get a defenseman of Bogosian's or Staal's calibre, then we're better off solving our problems through the draft.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:37 PM
  #30
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oXo Cube View Post
+ what? I would think long and hard about MPS + Petry.
If you watched Staal every night you wouldn't have to. This guy would leave a gaping hole in our lineup. He goes toe to toe with the NHL's best every single night and does an amazing job.

Ask Ovi or Crosby or any other elite player what they think of playing against this guy. I guarentee you they will say he's one of the toughest to go up against in the NHL.

He also ups his game when he needs to which is an attribute of a leader and big game player. You can't just replace that.

As i said, Hall or Eberle to even get glen to listen. Then you add from there.

Anything but a massive overpayment for him is not going to get him out of new york.

Hes 23, already one of the top d-men in the east and will be the rock of our team for 10+ years.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:38 PM
  #31
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvirk View Post
The Oilers wouldn't. If that's what it will take to get a defenseman of Bogosian's or Staal's calibre, then we're better off solving our problems through the draft.
How people are comparing Bogosian to Staal is beyond me.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:41 PM
  #32
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
Zeus yiou know as well as i do, that there isnt a snowballs chance in hell that Hemsky is an Oiler in 2013, so youre lying to yourself when you say that. thats what makes him a rental.

Ill go so far as to say it will hurt the franchise if he's still there and if he resigns, Penner yes, he could stay, but not a chance in hell Tambo keeps Hemsky. it retards the kids development, and this needs to be Hall and Eberle's team and no longer Hemskys,

its the only way theyll grow
You mean the same Hemsky who has openly said that he is excited about the direction of the Oilers? The same Hemsky who has built a life in Edmonton and whose long term gf is from here and loves it here? A "rental" has nothing to do with his future with his current team regardless, there is a HUGE difference between an actual rental (who might be on a teams roster for 4 months, if they get to the finals) and a player with another year left on his contract and may sign an extension. 4 months VS a possible 16 months. Big difference. According to your definition, 1/3 of the players in the NHL are rentals. That's bs and you know it. Anyone who considers a player with a full year on his contract a rental needs to re-examine things.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:45 PM
  #33
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
You mean the same Hemsky who has openly said that he is excited about the direction of the Oilers? The same Hemsky who has built a life in Edmonton and whose long term gf is from here and loves it here? A "rental" has nothing to do with his future with his current team regardless, there is a HUGE difference between an actual rental (who might be on a teams roster for 4 months, if they get to the finals) and a player with another year left on his contract and may sign an extension. 4 months VS a possible 16 months. Big difference. According to your definition, 1/3 of the players in the NHL are rentals. That's bs and you know it. Anyone who considers a player with a full year on his contract a rental needs to re-examine things.
put your rep on the line then, youre saying Hemsky will remain an Oiler after next year right?

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:46 PM
  #34
Seanzie888
Registered User
 
Seanzie888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Waaaaaaaaay Up
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
Zeus yiou know as well as i do, that there isnt a snowballs chance in hell that Hemsky is an Oiler in 2013, so youre lying to yourself when you say that. thats what makes him a rental.

Ill go so far as to say it will hurt the franchise if he's still there and if he resigns, Penner yes, he could stay, but not a chance in hell Tambo keeps Hemsky. it retards the kids development, and this needs to be Hall and Eberle's team and no longer Hemskys,

its the only way theyll grow
Actually the definition of a rental player in the NHL is: a player (ufa/rfa in the following off season) is traded to a team who needs to upgrade its roster for the playoff drive. What makes him a rental is the fact that it is not guaranteed that he will return to the team the following season due to the option of free agency.

Hemsky is not a free agent next year, therefore, the receiving team gets him for the full following season as well as the playoff drive.

As for "a snowball's chance in hell that Hemsky is an Oiler in 2013" I would be willing to bet that if he isn't dealt before his contract runs out, he will stay. He actually wants to be here for more than just money. He wants to be part of the rebuild. If Tambo doesn't find a deal that improves the Oilers for the future in return for Hemsky, #83 stays with the team.

While I do agree that it is more likely that Hemsky will be moved in favor of the youth movement; it also wouldn't surprise me if he stays to facilitate the transition.

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:53 PM
  #35
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie888 View Post
Actually the definition of a rental player in the NHL is: a player (ufa/rfa in the following off season) is traded to a team who needs to upgrade its roster for the playoff drive. What makes him a rental is the fact that it is not guaranteed that he will return to the team the following season due to the option of free agency.

Hemsky is not a free agent next year, therefore, the receiving team gets him for the full following season as well as the playoff drive.

As for "a snowball's chance in hell that Hemsky is an Oiler in 2013" I would be willing to bet that if he isn't dealt before his contract runs out, he will stay. He actually wants to be here for more than just money. He wants to be part of the rebuild. If Tambo doesn't find a deal that improves the Oilers for the future in return for Hemsky, #83 stays with the team.

While I do agree that it is more likely that Hemsky will be moved in favor of the youth movement; it also wouldn't surprise me if he stays to facilitate the transition.
that may be your definition, mine is any player that you acquire that you dont intend to keep long term.

and based on the rangers roster and upcoming prospects Hemsky is certainly a rental simply due to cap restraints

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:16 PM
  #36
Seanzie888
Registered User
 
Seanzie888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Waaaaaaaaay Up
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Ummmm ok. Make up your own definition all you want but Hemsky is still not considered a rental by the General Managers who actually make the deals.

Take for instance all the press about how the Oilers are having a tough time finding a good deal for Hemsky due to the fact that because he's not a rental, teams will actually have to pay a premium for him. They are paying for the next 4 months of him... and then an entire calender year. Not only that but he is pretty cheep given the kind of impact he would have in the receiving team's line up.

Now I know you're going to say he's injury prone but the thing is he's not injury prone in the traditional sense of say... Gaborik or Havlat who are infamous for their glass groins. Hemsky's injuries are seldom the same place. One year its a shoulder because someone hit him from behind into the boards. The next he loses an edge trying to beat out an icing call and breaks a leg. He's more unlucky than injury prone. While I agree that to a team it doesn't matter why he's out of the line up, I just think its important to clear the air as to his injury history.

Still, I consider trading for Hemsky a worth wile endeavor, given that he is in a contract year next year and so I expect—as is the trend with most impending FA's—he will have one of his best season's to date.

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:29 PM
  #37
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
put your rep on the line then, youre saying Hemsky will remain an Oiler after next year right?
I won't say he will for certain, but I do know that the Oilers aren't trading him for nothing, they will only move him in a deal for a future top line center or top pair d-man, and Tambellini has went on record as saying he wants a prospect, a roster player and a first. But I do know that Katz and Hemsky are close, Hemsky likes Edmonton a lot, and the Oilers would not be a bad team having Hemsky going into 2013. Hemsky certainly isn't a guarantee to be leaving Edmonton like you seem to think.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:32 PM
  #38
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
that may be your definition, mine is any player that you acquire that you dont intend to keep long term.

and based on the rangers roster and upcoming prospects Hemsky is certainly a rental simply due to cap restraints
Really? Using what is essentially a universally understood term in hockey circles wrong doesn't make you any less incorrect here.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:36 PM
  #39
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,730
vCash: 500
rangers oilers proposals should be banned.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:44 PM
  #40
belair
Registered User
 
belair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
lol.

That is all. We don't want your injury prone winger/defenseman, your glorified shootout specialist and 2nd for our All-Star defenseman.
Yeah...your "All-Star" defenseman has 5 fewer points than our #1 d-man and has played nearly twice as many games as him. Not comparing the game they play, but I'd say your fanbase is over-rating it's player a tad.

I wouldn't trade Hemsky and Smid for Staal TBH...let alone add Omark and practically a 1st.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:44 PM
  #41
PeakOil
Loyal To The Oil
 
PeakOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post

As i said, Hall or Eberle to even get glen to listen. Then you add from there.

Anything but a massive overpayment for him is not going to get him out of new york.

Hes 23, already one of the top d-men in the east and will be the rock of our team for 10+ years.
Add to Hall for Staal, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.












HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PeakOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:47 PM
  #42
Dr_Gonz0
Registered User
 
Dr_Gonz0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,235
vCash: 50
Horrible offer for Staal, of course all the Oiler fans love it. For a young piece such as Staal, young pieces of substance must be going back the other way, or there is no reason for for NYR to make the deal.

To NYR:

Magnus Paajarvi
Theo Peckham
Calgary's 2011 3rd round pick

To Edm:

Marc Staal

I love both the players i suggested, and think they will both have bright futures, but i like Staal better. The value may be off, i am not a trade expert, but i think it would take an offer something like this just to at least get the rangers attention.

Dr_Gonz0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:49 PM
  #43
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakOil View Post
Add to Hall for Staal, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.











HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And this is why HF boards should ban certain proposals. Fans continously undervalue other teams players and thinks there going to get them for crap.

Sather is a master at trades. Staal is also a proven #1 at 23. Hall and Eberle still have a lot to prove.

If you don't think glen would hang up the phone if Hall or Eberle weren't included, then your just a complete homer.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:50 PM
  #44
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0 View Post
Horrible offer for Staal, of course all the Oiler fans love it. For a young piece such as Staal, young pieces of substance must be going back the other way, or there is no reason for for NYR to make the deal.

To NYR:

Magnus Paajarvi
Theo Peckham
Calgary's 2011 3rd round pick

To Edm:

Marc Staal

I love both the players i suggested, and think they will both have bright futures, but i like Staal better. The value may be off, i am not a trade expert, but i think it would take an offer something like this just to at least get the rangers attention.
Still no, but were getting closer

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:51 PM
  #45
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakOil View Post
Add to Hall for Staal, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.












HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I don't know what crack you're smoking, but you absolutely have to add to Hall or Eberle.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:54 PM
  #46
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I don't know what crack you're smoking, but you absolutely have to add to Hall or Eberle.
Apparently they have some crazy **** up there in Edmonton. Staal for an oft injured player. Ever hear of Gaborik, who's better than hemsky anyways, yea, we have him already.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:55 PM
  #47
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I don't know what crack you're smoking, but you absolutely have to add to Hall or Eberle.
Whatever he's smoking he must be sharing with you, because there is no way the Oilers trade Hall for anyone not named Stamkos, Crosby or Ovechkin.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:58 PM
  #48
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Whatever he's smoking he must be sharing with you, because there is no way the Oilers trade Hall for anyone not named Stamkos, Crosby or Ovechkin.
Was i the one who made the proposal for Staal? No.

I was simply stating a fact. For the Rangers to trade Staal, it would HAVE to include Eberle or Hall. So basically a trade would never happen. But thanks for playing

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:58 PM
  #49
Dr_Gonz0
Registered User
 
Dr_Gonz0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,235
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Still no, but were getting closer
Like i said, get their attention. It got yours ... lol.

Deals are not instantly forged out of thin air. They take time and work to hammer out the details so both parties are satisfied. I also did say i was not very good at making trade proposals in my defence!

Dr_Gonz0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:02 PM
  #50
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0 View Post
Like i said, get their attention. It got yours ... lol.

Deals are not instantly forged out of thin air. They take time and work to hammer out the details so both parties are satisfied. I also did say i was not very good at making trade proposals in my defence!
That was the best one yet. However, to pry staal from new york, Hall or Eberle have to be the center of the package. Its just not going to work otherwise. Honestly, even then i would be hesitant.

Call me crazy, but Staal will be a top 5 defender in this league come his prime, which is still years away. He can help lead the rangers to a cup, no doubt about it.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.