HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Misc. Rumours/Speculation thread (non-official sources)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Habiton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't know. A mid-1st, and two solid prospects for a #1 C. Hmm.

Would you deal Plekanec for a 1st, Joey Hishon, and Cumiskey?

Tough deal to make.
Eller is our best prospect after Subban and Patches. Ramo is a solid prospect.

Would I deal Plekanec for a 1st, Blue Chip Prospect, Underperforming Roster Player and Mid-level Prospect (My offer). If I was rebuilding (clearing real $$ has a factor to, dont forget), hell yes my friend. Hell yes.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:23 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Eller isn't being billed the #1 centre as soon as he made the team, Kadri has that on his head already and has failed in his call ups because of it.

Eller has the body and size to add weight, he does and he can be a dominate player with his size and skill. He needs to add the weight to get there. And having the presence of players like Plekanec and Gomez ahead of him takes any pressure off of him to be the man now, or even next season.
QFT. Great post, as usual. Kadri will get better as he learns the NHL speed, but will never have the physical presence that eller has the potential of having, and that makes a big difference to me.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
That we can't automatically say that Eller would have had better stats if he was north-american or already playing in NA...
And you can't dismiss it as an impossibility especially the way he ended the season in the AHL last year (according to overlords).

Old
02-26-2011, 02:26 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
And you can't dismiss it as an impossibility especially the way he ended the season in the AHL last year (according to overlords).
No... but to be objective... Kadri has better stats than Eller had last year, even if Eller was one year older.

We could also say that Kadri seems to perform better at the nhl level.

I don't know what the future holds for both players, but Kadri is definitely a very solid prospect and has great value on the market.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:27 PM
sprevost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Stastny = biding war

so

Eller-Ramo-Weber- 1st 2011-2nd 2012

the Leafs can offer 2 1st 2011 and Kadri and the Monster

Do know witch package is the best
I think its pretty safe to say that the Leafs wont be offering anymore 1st round picks considering the lashing the media has given them over the kessel deal. Also lets face it, they need those picks as they dont have much going on with their prospect pool.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:29 PM
googlymoogly

Lets get back on topic we have a dilemma. Stastny wears number 26 same as Gorges, this won't cause a fight will it?

Old
02-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
I'd love to get Statsny to Montreal but.........Does Montreal have and are they will to give what it will take?

I'd Give them

1st
Tinordi
Gomez
Weber
AK

for

Statsny
Liles

Old
02-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
First and foremost, thank you moderators for allowing this. We hear too often about the negative, not enough about the positive. Thumbs up on this one.

As for the Statsny rumours, I can think of a few reasons why Habs' fans shouldn't hold their breath:
  1. He doesn't have a NTC or NMC on his deal, so the Avalanche can take the best offer out there.
  2. I honestly don't believe that Montreal will be the most offering team because they're not the most desperate team.
  3. Getting rid of Gomez' contract is harder than people think, especially with the season he's having.
1) Tell me how many teams will be lining up to absorb a 6.6 Million cap hit for 3 more years. Not many, because of 2 reasons. Most teams are strapped for actual $$ and need to send lots of salary back which would refute Stastny getting traded in the first place. Second, because GMs are hesitant to get a player like that because they dont have the luxury of dumping a bad contract in the minors.

2) Were not desperate, Colorado is. They are rebuilding, and they need to save as much money as they can. Stastny lost 2 good friends in that trade and is likely to lose more, as a young kid you bet he is pissed at Colorado right now.

3) Then dont get rid of it, we dont need to this year, we have 5.6 In cap space. Send eller the other way, waive picard and boom. Your fine for this year.

Anything else?

Old
02-26-2011, 02:31 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprevost View Post
I think its pretty safe to say that the Leafs wont be offering anymore 1st round picks considering the lashing the media has given them over the kessel deal. Also lets face it, they need those picks as they dont have much going on with their prospect pool.
You do realize this is Brian Burke, a GM who would rather make a splash in a trade than at the podium on Draft Day.

The guy runs his team into the ground and then gets fired with eventually leaving the team with nothing on the farm, and strapped in the cap.

If he can get a player like Stastny or Weiss for the 2 firsts he got he will, as the those players he will say aren't NHLers yet as Stastny and Weiss are proven players...and addresses a need now, Burke isn't think for the future, he is in the now type of GM.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I'd love to get Statsny to Montreal but.........Does Montreal have and are they will to give what it will take?

1st Round Pick
Weber
AK
Gomez

Is that enough? Add Desharnais?
Switch Gomez with Eller and yes. Its enough.

You have to give to get, unless Colorado is super desperate they wont do that trade.

They have Duchene who is their franchise center due to make a hefty amount, they cant tie up 12-15 million in 2 players. They simply dont have the real money to do so.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprevost View Post
I don't know Burke said he want a number one center for Kessel. I think he will trade his 2 first round pick if he have a chance to get a first line center

Burke have a big ego and if the Leaf get a a good center to play with Kessel and make the playoff next year, TO fans will claim that he's a genuis once again.

Old
Habiton

Quote:
You do realize this is Brian Burke, a GM who would rather make a splash in a trade than at the podium on Draft Day.

The guy runs his team into the ground and then gets fired with eventually leaving the team with nothing on the farm, and strapped in the cap.

If he can get a player like Stastny or Weiss for the 2 firsts he got he will, as the those players he will say aren't NHLers yet as Stastny and Weiss are proven players...and addresses a need now, Burke isn't think for the future, he is in the now type of GM.
Well said, another thing about Burke is that he isn't exactly running fort knox there. There are A LOT of leaks, think about the Kaberle trade. I haven't heard any major media rumors about Stastny coming to the Leafs. Wiess on the other hand I have heard, TBH I think they will go after Wiess.

Just my opinion though.

Old
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
The adaptation period is way overrated concerning euro players... some of them have absolutely no problem adapting and they don't get better after a while...

Is this a pissing contest again... habs fans trying to downgrade a Leaf player or what ?

Kadri is a great young player, period. And I'm pretty sure if you asked around the league about the value of both players... I think Kadri would be on top...
Remember the Kadri vs Pacioretty poll over the summer and he was winning on a landslide?.... yeah.....

Old
02-26-2011, 02:38 PM
odishabs

Max Pacioretty will be a more valuable asset for years, a big strong goal scoring forward...rarities in the NHL, hes one prospect that wont be dealt period.

for Stastny: Gomez, Eller, Weber and a 1st.

for Spezza: Eller, Kostitsyn and a 1st

Old
02-26-2011, 02:39 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
Eller is our best prospect after Subban and Patches. Ramo is a solid prospect.

Would I deal Plekanec for a 1st, Blue Chip Prospect, Underperforming Roster Player and Mid-level Prospect (My offer). If I was rebuilding (clearing real $$ has a factor to, dont forget), hell yes my friend. Hell yes.
Plekanec is one thing, but I think that people are underestimating Stastny's value.

The kid is the same age as Pouliot and has put up incredible numbers in the league.

His point per game production is better than Kopitar (a comparable player from his draft year) and that of players like E. Staal, Carter and Parise. Stastny traditionally hasn't hasn't got the hype of guys like Kopitar, Paris and Staal but so far in his career, that is the tier of player he has been.

It's incredibly unlikely that the Avs give up Stastny for Eller, a 1st and, Weber, etc. Don't get your hopes up people.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Max Pacioretty will be a more valuable asset for years, a big strong goal scoring forward...rarities in the NHL, hes one prospect that wont be dealt period.

for Stastny: Gomez, Eller, Weber and a 1st.

for Spezza: Eller, Kostitsyn and a 1st
Makes no sense. They already have Duchene and they are trying to clear real $$. Take out gomez and add a great prospect. Gomez will not go the other way imo, PG will have to pull out black magic to get that to happen.

Personally I dont think Spezza is worth that, I dont like him though so I am really biased

Old
02-26-2011, 02:42 PM
sprevost

Quote:

undersood but still, living here in TO i just can't see it happenning, not for a second time, just my opinion.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
Plekanec is one thing, but I think that people are underestimating Stastny's value.

The kid is the same age as Pouliot and has put up incredible numbers in the league.

His point per game production is better than Kopitar (a comparable player from his draft year) and that of players like E. Staal, Carter and Parise. Stastny traditionally hasn't hasn't got the hype of guys like Kopitar, Paris and Staal but so far in his career, that is the tier of player he has been.

It's incredibly unlikely that the Avs give up Stastny for Eller, a 1st and, Weber, etc. Don't get your hopes up people.
Yes and they also have Duchene who is taking a similar, if not better, path. They are clearly rebuilding around 2 players...Erik Johnson and Matt Duchene. They are not in a financial position to have over 20 million committed to 3 players and there isnt a chance Duchene or Johnson moves. Which leaves Stastny the odd man out.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Habiton

For those who doubt ***************, he called that the McCabe trade would go through like a week ago. So ya...

Old
02-26-2011, 02:49 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Whoa, Arpon Basu just tweeted that spacek's nameplate is gone. As my friend eagles, just noted though, isn't markov's still there? If it's a season ending injury, why take off the nametag? Is there a stall shortage?

Poor spacegoat.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Jigger77

The only way I see Stastny coming here is if Plekanec is going to Colorado. If they're trying to save money (which is the only possible logical reason to get rid of him) they'd need a guy who can step in an replace him now at a bit lower price.

In my mind it's the only way this happens. Even then, I'd streak naked in the parking lot of the BC if Stastny is traded here. Not happening imo.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:51 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
For those who doubt ***************, he called that the McCabe trade would go through like a week ago. So ya...
He's already called more trades than Eklund.

Old
02-26-2011, 02:53 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
The only way I see Stastny coming here is if Plekanec is going to Colorado. If they're trying to save money (which is the only possible logical reason to get rid of him) they'd need a guy who can step in an replace him now at a bit lower price.

In my mind it's the only way this happens. Even then, I'd streak naked in the parking lot of the BC if Stastny is traded here. Not happening imo.
Plekanec for Statsny would be a pretty lateral move... we would still lack a no2 centre and our defense would take a blow...

Stastny is good, but he's no Crosby...

If it's what it takes to get him, then I gladly pass...

Old
02-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Whoa, Arpon Basu just tweeted that spacek's nameplate is gone. As my friend eagles, just noted though, isn't markov's still there? If it's a season ending injury, why take off the nametag? Is there a stall shortage?

Poor spacegoat.
Interesting.

Yes, Markov's is still there. I remember thinking, "If Markov is injured, why is his nameplate still up and his equipment put into the storage?"

Old
02-26-2011, 02:55 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
He's already called more trades than Eklund.
So far he got Kovalev to Penguins and McCabe to Rangers about a week before they happened and before anybody else had them.

And he gets 1/2 a point for calling that the Habs were going to make a trade 24 hours before the Maxwell trade.

Earlier this season he also called the Wiz trade.

Closed Thread