HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

More punch to the slapshot

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2011, 09:32 AM
  #1
tikkanen5rings*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: in your head!
Posts: 11,686
vCash: 500
More punch to the slapshot

I took a hollowshaft stick. Made a stop piece half way of the shaft. Added a 300 gram lead weight. It takes a while to get use to it, but once you get used to it. It will make your slapshot go BOOM!!! Could this ever be legal in Hockey? Im thinking defencive guys with special sticks for powerplay.


Last edited by tikkanen5rings*: 02-26-2011 at 10:04 AM.
tikkanen5rings* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:08 AM
  #2
FinRuutu
Red Wins
 
FinRuutu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,434
vCash: 500
Wrong forum.

The Rink is for these kind of things.

FinRuutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:18 AM
  #3
gud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
One thing the should do is have hollow sticks with lead weights on top of a steel spiral. It would add some real power to slashes. Seldom do you see a player go down because of a slash.

gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:28 AM
  #4
tikkanen5rings*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: in your head!
Posts: 11,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gud View Post
One thing the should do is have hollow sticks with lead weights on top of a steel spiral. It would add some real power to slashes. Seldom do you see a player go down because of a slash.
I have no idea what u talkin bout. But this is a real working invention. It will make the hard slapshot WAY harder!

tikkanen5rings* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:31 AM
  #5
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkanen5rings View Post
I have no idea what u talkin bout. But this is a real working invention. It will make the hard slapshot WAY harder!
He's saying that hockey sticks are used for some things other than taking slapshots.

If you slash someone with a stick that has a lead weight in it you're going to start breaking bones.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:33 AM
  #6
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,173
vCash: 500
We don't need to make the slapshots any harder. Guys can already move the net when they hit the post. Imagine if we make the shots harder and it hits someone.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:34 AM
  #7
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain
 
Blades of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 500
Al MacInnis and his wooden stick laugh at this thread.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:03 AM
  #8
gud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkanen5rings View Post
I have no idea what u talkin bout. But this is a real working invention. It will make the hard slapshot WAY harder!
So that the weight rides on top of the spiral. When you swing the stick it will collapse, the weight will accelerate towards the bottom. It would give a lot of extra power

There are some drawbacks though, apart from becoming some kind of riot weapon In general I think you would want a stick that weighs as little as possible, because it is easier to control and probably "faster". I would guess also that a quick release is often more important than the actual speed of the shot.

gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:17 AM
  #9
tikkanen5rings*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: in your head!
Posts: 11,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gud View Post
So that the weight rides on top of the spiral. When you swing the stick it will collapse, the weight will accelerate towards the bottom. It would give a lot of extra power

There are some drawbacks though, apart from becoming some kind of riot weapon In general I think you would want a stick that weighs as little as possible, because it is easier to control and probably "faster". I would guess also that a quick release is often more important than the actual speed of the shot.
1st. There is no spiral what the hell are you talking about?
(I do realize it collapses. Thats why I made the stop piece.)
2nd This invention was only made for the blueline shots.
It will increase the power of slapshot so a smaller player can have a Chara shot.
3rd I didn't pay much attention to quick releace. So you are right about that one.

tikkanen5rings* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:25 PM
  #10
Crosbyfan
Registered User
 
Crosbyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Al MacInnis and his wooden stick laugh at this thread.
Why do Al MacInnis and his wooden stick find it so funny? Are they both laughing for the same reasons?

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:31 PM
  #11
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,744
vCash: 500
A hollow hockey stick would be a good way to move narcotics across the boarder

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:11 PM
  #12
Rush22*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Having perfect form (getting low) and an efficient wind-up combined with getting good torque into your shaft will beat any weight/gimmick you can come up with.

Also you are not going to score many goals when the goalie will have ample time to react to you swinging that battle ax around. Receiving passes and getting a quick stick on the puck would be awful.

If a heavier stick was an advantage then you would see more NHL defensemen going for that style of stick... but everyone is looking for the lightest stick that has the proper flex to increase velocity on a shot.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:51 PM
  #13
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
He's saying that hockey sticks are used for some things other than taking slapshots.

If you slash someone with a stick that has a lead weight in it you're going to start breaking bones.
I'll tell you this much if he slashes my stick or at my feet with that stick and a lead weight imma whoop his ass. And im sure im not the only one who is thinking this.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:39 PM
  #14
MNWild9
Registered User
 
MNWild9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fargo,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
check out this brand. The local HS has them (they are one piece)

http://store.powerbladehockey.com/

MNWild9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:12 PM
  #15
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,914
vCash: 500
That powerblade thing looks cool, but I bet I could get the same effect with a cheap OPS and some sand

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:24 PM
  #16
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?
 
Splitbtw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
That powerblade thing looks cool, but I bet I could get the same effect with a cheap OPS and some sand
That's actually a really good idea.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:56 PM
  #17
gud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush22 View Post
Having perfect form (getting low) and an efficient wind-up combined with getting good torque into your shaft will beat any weight/gimmick you can come up with.

Also you are not going to score many goals when the goalie will have ample time to react to you swinging that battle ax around. Receiving passes and getting a quick stick on the puck would be awful.

If a heavier stick was an advantage then you would see more NHL defensemen going for that style of stick... but everyone is looking for the lightest stick that has the proper flex to increase velocity on a shot.
I think it could be possible to have a heavy and fast blade if one restores the balance and adds extra weight to the top too. Then again, only Conan would be able to use it

Swords are commonly balanced at 4 fingers from the guard, pretty close to the grip. Any way further down and they become slow.

Another thing to think about is that the stick vibrates upon hitting the puck. I am certain that manufacturers have looked into this, and that they try to create a node on the blade. If you change the balance of the stick you might also destroy such a node.

Btw. to the op, I was just making a joke about the steel spiral, but if one was to make a device for to shoot a puck as hard as possible, then I think a weight on top of a spiral would work well. Of course, it would make for a stick more suitable to golf, but whatever.

gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.