HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - Nyr

Old
02-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Rpro
5-14-6-1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Apparently they have some crazy **** up there in Edmonton. Staal for an oft injured player. Ever hear of Gaborik, who's better than hemsky anyways, yea, we have him already.
You think it would take Hall+ for Staal and you think Edmonton has crazy fans?

Rpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
You think it would take Hall+ for Staal and you think Edmonton has crazy fans?
You ever watch the rangers? For all the hype, Hall is still unproven at this level. It would take more than just him to get Staal right now. Be realistic. Staal is an elite defender.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Rpro
5-14-6-1

Quote:
You ever watch the rangers? For all the hype, Hall is still unproven at this level. It would take more than just him to get Staal right now. Be realistic. Staal is an elite defender.
Right back at you.

Old
02-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
the answer is 1.because they dont know their rear end from a hole in the ground

did anyone see what 35 year old Pronger got in trade? and 2.idiots think Staal is going for this? im an Islander fan, certainly no love lost there, but a 3. 23 year old future Norris winner, gets this kind of package at least and Id say more because 4. Hemsky is a rental and 5. Omark may be in Europe tomorrow for all we know
1 and 2. Real mature.....
3. Nice crystal ball. So Staal will win the Norris trophy, but Smid(who's a year older) has hit his peak?
4. Hemsky's contract does not expire at the end of this season. Therefor he's not considered a "rental" by anyone outside of HF. Granted he's no DiPietro or Kovalchuck.
5. Omark is on a two year contract. Where's your reasoning behind your statement that Omark is thinking of fleeing back to Europe(KHL and NHL have a friendly agreement)

You're post is just trying to start a "Flame" war

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
Right back at you.
Notice, i did not say that Edmonton would do this trade. I'm simply stating that in order for them to trade for him it would have to be around a package of Hall or Eberle.

Therefore, no trade of this magnitude will ever be done between these teams. I'm not saying its possible, just saying what it would take to get him out of NY.

If you don't want to believe thats what it would cost i don't know what to tell you. But to clear things up, i know this would never happen. Oilers wouldn't get Staal for anything less though.

Old
02-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Rpro
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Notice, i did not say that Edmonton would do this trade. I'm simply stating that in order for them to trade for him it would have to be around a package of Hall or Eberle.

Therefore, no trade of this magnitude will ever be done between these teams. I'm not saying its possible, just saying what it would take to get him out of NY.

If you don't want to believe thats what it would cost i don't know what to tell you. But to clear things up, i know this would never happen. Oilers wouldn't get Staal for anything less though.
Fair enough. I know Staal is supremely important to the Rangers and I have seen him play a lot. Damn fine defenseman. I just think that if Hall was on the table, Sather would be foolish to turn it down.

Old
02-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

No thank you

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
put your rep on the line then, youre saying Hemsky will remain an Oiler after next year right?
You're the one that came out and said there's zero chance that Hemsky will be an Oiler at the expiration of his contract....thats as crazy as saying Staal will win the Norris

Quote:
Apparently they have some crazy **** up there in Edmonton. Staal for an oft injured player. Ever hear of Gaborik, who's better than hemsky anyways, yea, we have him already.
Gaborik 47G 17G 21A 38P +1
Hemsky 45G 13G 28A 41P +2

Well at least Gaborik has a better paycheque.

I dont understand why people can't shoot down a proposal without calling other fan bases idiots or saying player A is "poo poo"

Old
02-26-2011, 03:41 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
19 year old 20 goal scorers are not "unproven". Especially one with such a high predicted upside. It would take more than Staal to get Hall right now.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
You're the one that came out and said there's zero chance that Hemsky will be an Oiler at the expiration of his contract....thats as crazy as saying Staal will win the Norris

Gaborik 47G 17G 21A 38P +1
Hemsky 45G 13G 28A 41P +2

Well at least Gaborik has a better paycheque.

I dont understand why people can't shoot down a proposal without calling other fan bases idiots or saying player A is "poo poo"
Your comparing gaboriks worst season to hemsky? Hemsky has never even cracked 25 goals. Gaborik has hit 30 6 times and 40 twice. Nice try though. Plus he is one season removed from his best offensive numbers while surrounded by an offensively challenged club.

Seriously unbelievable. I would take Gaborik over hemsky every day of the week and twice on sunday.

Old
02-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
19 year old 20 goal scorers are not "unproven". Especially one with such a high predicted upside. It would take more than Staal to get Hall right now.
It would take morer than hall to get staal..so obviously we are not going to meet at an agreement. Lets just end it here.

Also, we have stepan who will score 20 goals this year and just turned 20. I wouldn't trade staal for him.

Old
02-26-2011, 03:46 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
It would take morer than hall to get staal..so obviously we are not going to meet at an agreement. Lets just end it here.

Also, we have stepan who will score 20 goals this year and just turned 20. I wouldnt trade him for staal in a heartbeat.
I agree that we should leave it, the Rangers aren't trading Staal, that is obvious. FYI, the Oilers are building around Hall. I don't think the Rangers can say the same for Stepan, his value wouldn't be as high.

Old
02-26-2011, 03:48 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Your comparing gaboriks worst season to hemsky? Hemsky has never even cracked 25 goals. Gaborik has hit 30 6 times and 40 twice. Nice try though. Plus he is one season removed from his best offensive numbers while surrounded by an offensively challenged club.

Seriously unbelievable. I would take Gaborik over hemsky every day of the week and twice on sunday.
Playmaker versus scorer bud. Plus, Hemsky has been on an offensively starved team his entire career, which affects a playmaker more than a sniper. I'm not saying that Hemsky is better than Gaborik, but I think its closer than you think.

Old
02-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
I agree that we should leave it, the Rangers aren't trading Staal, that is obvious. FYI, the Oilers are building around Hall. I don't think the Rangers can say the same for Stepan, his value wouldn't be as high.
Agreed...but the rangers and oilers have different philosophies in how to build a team.

Hall is the centerpiece which is why you guys value him so much. I don't disagree with what you would want for him. Fact is, staal is as much a centerpiece to this rangers club as Hall is to yours. FWIW

Old
02-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Playmaker versus scorer bud. Plus, Hemsky has been on an offensively starved team his entire career, which affects a playmaker more than a sniper. I'm not saying that Hemsky is better than Gaborik, but I think its closer than you think.
im not saying gaborik >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hemsky

I am saying Gaborik>hemsky. Honestly, before this season, Gabby was right up there with the elite players. Obviously not as good as Crosby or Ov, but a step below them, certainly. I would put him on par with Kovalchuk.

Old
02-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Homesick

Quote:

I agree that Gaborik was better in the past by a long shot, but not at the moment he isnt. You cannot give a valid excuse to as why Gaboriks poor numbers this season that cannot be applied to Hemsky as well. Actually Hemsky could see Gaboriks excuses, and double them.

Old
02-26-2011, 03:58 PM
belair

Quote:
Quote:
That was the best one yet. However, to pry staal from new york, Hall or Eberle have to be the center of the package. Its just not going to work otherwise. Honestly, even then i would be hesitant.

Call me crazy, but Staal will be a top 5 defender in this league come his prime, which is still years away. He can help lead the rangers to a cup, no doubt about it.

Let me ask you this...

Have you seen Marc Staal take over a hockey game by himself? He doesn't score a heck of a lot. He isn't even the hit leading defenseman on your team...Girardi is!! Calling Marc Staal a potential Top-5 d-man is beyond ridiculous.

I've seen Taylor Hall take over games by himself this year...and he's 18!! And I have no intention of saying he'll be a Top-5 winger. Marc Staal is now and is going to continue to be a very good defenseman in this league. But in no way, no matter what way you present it, is he valuable enough to yield the kind of return offered in the OP.

Reality.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Let me ask you this...

Have you seen Marc Staal take over a hockey game by himself? He doesn't score a heck of a lot. He isn't even the hit leading defenseman on your team...Girardi is!! Calling Marc Staal a potential Top-5 d-man is beyond ridiculous.

I've seen Taylor Hall take over games by himself this year...and he's 18!! And I have no intention of saying he'll be a Top-5 winger. Marc Staal is now and is going to continue to be a very good defenseman in this league. But in no way, no matter what way you present it, is he valuable enough to yield the kind of return offered in the OP.

Reality.
I dunno what to say to you unless you have never watched Marc Staal play a game before. He is by far one of the best d-men in this league. He is a SHUTDOWN d-man and does his job better than nearly anyone in the NHL.

He gets paid to do exactly what he does and at an extremely high level. If you think the rangers would even listen to the offer in the op then you obviously have no clue as to how much the rangers value this player.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I agree that Gaborik was better in the past by a long shot, but not at the moment he isnt. You cannot give a valid excuse to as why Gaboriks poor numbers this season that cannot be applied to Hemsky as well. Actually Hemsky could see Gaboriks excuses, and double them.
Im not talking about this season, as i clearly stated. Gaborik has been struggling through injuries all year and has still put up pretty fair numbers.

I don't know what's up with Edmonton but you guys clearly don't understand the value of anyone outside your organization.

Now i understand all the crazy proposals for penner and cogliano.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:08 PM
onetweasy

Quote:
You wanna take staal from NY it starts with Hall or Eberle.

No need for another oft injured sniper here. Lets get real. Staal is right now, arguably the most important piece of this squad.
Your value on Staal seems way way way to high......."starts" with Hall or Eberle..........Do you actually think Hall's value or even Eberle's value is equal to Staal?

You are delirious

onetweasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetweasy View Post
Your value on Staal seems way way way to high......."starts" with Hall or Eberle..........Do you actually think Hall's value or even Eberle's value is equal to Staal?

You are delirious
You are delirious if you think you have any other assets that the rangers would move staal for.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
NYR:

Hemsky
Omark
Smid
2nd (2011)

EDM:

M. Staal

I know Staal likely won't get traded but is that enough for him from an NYR perspective? Would you prefer Penner and Brule instead of Hemsky?
It's just a badly constructed deal. Too much quantity from the Oilers, and arguably not enough high end quality. Giving up Staal really impacts the Rangers blueline. Where's the corresponding upgrade elsewhere that makes this worthwhile for the Rangers? Hemsky doesn't cut that. True, they get a lot of useful assets, but that's just not sufficient incentive to give up a major piece like Staal. Conversely for the Oilers, they burn up a lot of their disposable assets for a single piece. It's the sort of thing teams only do if they think this is the one, critical piece they're missing. Does that description fit Staal? I doubt it.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:18 PM
belair

Quote:
I dunno what to say to you unless you have never watched Marc Staal play a game before. He is by far one of the best d-men in this league. He is a SHUTDOWN d-man and does his job better than nearly anyone in the NHL.

He gets paid to do exactly what he does and at an extremely high level. If you think the rangers would even listen to the offer in the op then you obviously have no clue as to how much the rangers value this player.
If he was one of the best D-men in the league, he would have been paid as one when he signed his contract this summer. Am I saying he isn't a very good defenseman? No. He is a guy every team in the NHL would take in an instant.

But I fail to see the hints of him being this "elite All-Star" defenseman he is being heralded as. I don't even have to look past your team to see a defenseman comparable in value to him at this point.

Girardi is your team leader is hits and is the league leader is blocked shots. Without a guy like him on his side, Staal is in over his head. Like I said...very good, but at this point, definitely not elite.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:19 PM
belair

I also have to add that I find it insulting how Hemsky is simply picked out as "injury-prone winger" while the Rangers own the definition of that term in Marian Gaborik. Those two are incredibly similar in every aspect, but I'm certain Gaborik would yield the &$%#ing Moon as a return in the eyes of Ranger fans. We'll keep Hemsky thanks.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
If he was one of the best D-men in the league, he would have been paid as one when he signed his contract this summer. Am I saying he isn't a very good defenseman? No. He is a guy every team in the NHL would take in an instant.

But I fail to see the hints of him being this "elite All-Star" defenseman he is being heralded as. I don't even have to look past your team to see a defenseman comparable in value to him at this point.

Girardi is your team leader is hits and is the league leader is blocked shots. Without a guy like him on his side, Staal is in over his head. Like I said...very good, but at this point, definitely not elite.
theres your problem...your looking at stats. Girardi is not even close to where staal is in terms of skill..

Do I love girardi, yea, but you comparing him to staal shows you know very little about the rangers players.