HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JVR assigned to Adirondack Temporarily due to roster limit

Old
02-26-2011, 02:26 PM
CantSeeColors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
whos gonna know if hes going to be there or not? all the Phantoms need to do is announce him as a healthy scratch. I mean are people really keeping track to see if hes there in the building in Glens Falls?
Nobody would know. It's the player's prerogative if he wants to report or not. Then it's the team's prerogative to void his contract if he fails to report and they want to cut ties with him, but obviously that's not going to happen.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:29 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Is it really that big a deal? My guess is JVR wouldn't be the game breaker tonight!
Right. They're playing the firesale-mode Ottawa Senators. Not the 1977 Montreal Canadiens. If this re-arranging of deck chairs for one game make a difference, they weren't winning anyways.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Gert B Frobe

I don't understand why one of the 4th liners can't be sent down for the game like Shelley or Carcillo. Maybe JVR is sick or a little banged up and needs the rest?

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:38 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
I don't understand why one of the 4th liners can't be sent down for the game like Shelley or Carcillo. Maybe JVR is sick or a little banged up and needs the rest?
JVR is the only one that doesnt have to clear waivers

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:38 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
They'd have to clear waivers. JVR doesn't. Hence, he goes.

mja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:49 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Homer is dumb.

JvR was beginning to gain confidence and heat up, and now he has to miss a game? This blows.
It makes complete sense to send JvR... jeeebus.

I'm sure JvR understands, he, like anyone on the team wants to win the cup, if he has to report, he has to report, no different than him in the pressbox for a night. He has grown leaps and bounds this year and this little lump in the road will not hinder that.

Homer is smart here. Picks up a DEPTH d man who just won a cup - I'm not sure how anyone would argue that. It's insurance. JvR will be fine, or he could come back after being sent down and NEVER score or skate again.... unlikely

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Jester

It's the right move... but it sucks given that JVR has been one of our better players of late. Shouldn't matter against Ottawa, but you never know.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:49 PM
WildBill1876

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
They'd have to clear waivers. JVR doesn't. Hence, he goes.
Yeah but who would pick up Shelley for a playoff run... with that contract

WildBill1876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Holmgren once again showing what a complete tool he is when it comes to dealing with the salary cap.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:12 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Womp Womp. Zherdev owes someone something nice

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:16 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
It makes complete sense to send JvR... jeeebus.

I'm sure JvR understands, he, like anyone on the team wants to win the cup, if he has to report, he has to report, no different than him in the pressbox for a night. He has grown leaps and bounds this year and this little lump in the road will not hinder that.

Homer is smart here. Picks up a DEPTH d man who just won a cup - I'm not sure how anyone would argue that. It's insurance. JvR will be fine, or he could come back after being sent down and NEVER score or skate again.... unlikely
Homer is NOT smart here. He just waived Nik Zherdev, for many very good reasons, and should have sent him to Adirondak. If he does that, that opens the roster space to claim Boynton. No. He keeps Zherdev here, AND claims Boynton, forcing him to send one of his hotter players to Adirondak because he still has a two-way deal. Total asset managment fail. Again. Just like a few years ago when Timonen had the flu and Briere got healthy and he had to send Giroux down. He's a full blown idiot sometimes. So far this year he has been adequate making very smart moves to help make up for his FAIL of a summer, but this is just dumb.

Old
02-26-2011, 05:22 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Homer is NOT smart here. He just waived Nik Zherdev, for many very good reasons, and should have sent him to Adirondak. If he does that, that opens the roster space to claim Boynton. No. He keeps Zherdev here, AND claims Boynton, forcing him to send one of his hotter players to Adirondak because he still has a two-way deal. Total asset managment fail. Again. Just like a few years ago when Timonen had the flu and Briere got healthy and he had to send Giroux down. He's a full blown idiot sometimes. So far this year he has been adequate making very smart moves to help make up for his FAIL of a summer, but this is just dumb.
Huh?

How is losing JVR for ONE game against the worst team in the conference better than losing Zherdev all together for the rest of the season?

Your entire rant makes absolutely ZERO sense.

Old
02-26-2011, 05:22 PM
MountainHawk

Any other player you move to ADR is permanent. You can't get them back without risking a re-entry claim, and we can't afford the dead cap space.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:30 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Out of curiosity, how many people on here actually think Zherdev would be useful in a PO game?

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:31 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Out of curiosity, how many people on here actually think Zherdev would be useful in a PO game?
Thats if they can find him

Old
02-26-2011, 05:36 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Huh?

How is losing JVR for ONE game against the worst team in the conference better than losing Zherdev all together for the rest of the season?

Your entire rant makes absolutely ZERO sense.

There is no need for Zherdev. HE got waived for a reason. Why waive him if hes just gonna sit in the press box until July. Instead of letting him go, which by waiving him tells me they wanted to let him go, they kept him. that makes absolutely ZERO sense. Now JvR misses a game for no reason. He shouldnt have to miss a game.

Old
02-26-2011, 05:39 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
There is no need for Zherdev. HE got waived for a reason. Why waive him if hes just gonna sit in the press box until July. Instead of letting him go, which by waiving him tells me they wanted to let him go, they kept him. that makes absolutely ZERO sense. Now JvR misses a game for no reason. He shouldnt have to miss a game.
They can see if they lit a fire under his ass tonight. If not, send him down and be done with it, and go out and make a trade to sure up the forward corps. Sending him down instead of JVR accomplishes nothing of value.

What Holmgren did here was exactly what he was supposed to do, without question. There isn't a reasonable argument against it.

Old
02-26-2011, 05:45 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
They can see if they lit a fire under his ass tonight. If not, send him down and be done with it, and go out and make a trade to sure up the forward corps. Sending him down instead of JVR accomplishes nothing of value.

What Holmgren did here was exactly what he was supposed to do, without question. There isn't a reasonable argument against it.

If he didnt waive Zherdev in the first place I wouldnt care. I understand why JvR was sent. And Zherdev will have a fire lit under his ass. Itll last a game or two then he'll be back to his normal useless self. Happens everytime Lavi benches him. Homer should have sent him down when he waived him, if he wanted to keep him up with the Flyers then dont waive him.

Old
02-26-2011, 05:49 PM
MountainHawk

Flyers have 10 days to send Zherdev down. They can still go that route post deadline. If they send him down now, any team that traded for him would have to clear him through re-entry waivers.

I doubt he gets traded, but maybe he gets a 7th rounder if he impresses tonight.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:59 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
If he didnt waive Zherdev in the first place I wouldnt care. I understand why JvR was sent. And Zherdev will have a fire lit under his ass. Itll last a game or two then he'll be back to his normal useless self. Happens everytime Lavi benches him. Homer should have sent him down when he waived him, if he wanted to keep him up with the Flyers then dont waive him.
Z asked to be waived. Holmgren obliged him, more than likely to prove a point (i.e. nobody wants you). There's no point in sending Z down unless there's a trade out there for another forward to fill his spot. He's better as an insurance policy for some insta-offense.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:02 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Z asked to be waived. Holmgren obliged him, more than likely to prove a point (i.e. nobody wants you). There's no point in sending Z down unless there's a trade out there for another forward to fill his spot. He's better as an insurance policy for some insta-offense.
#1 there isnt going to be a trade for him unless hes packaged in a deal. Pretty obvious since he wasnt claimed.

#2 I would agree if he actually knew how to play the game and had a good attitude. He will play a good game here and there and pile up goals in a blow out, but really at this point there is no need for him. Just cut our loses, send him away, and try and replace him in the press box with a new player.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:05 PM
CerpinTaxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Flyers have 10 days to send Zherdev down. They can still go that route post deadline. If they send him down now, any team that traded for him would have to clear him through re-entry waivers.

I doubt he gets traded, but maybe he gets a 7th rounder if he impresses tonight.
I believe its 30 days, or 10 games as I understand it. Then he is subject to re-entry.

CerpinTaxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:09 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Who cares? Nodl is garbage I hope he gets waived. I'd rather have Wellwood up.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:13 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
#2 I would agree if he actually knew how to play the game and had a good attitude. He will play a good game here and there and pile up goals in a blow out, but really at this point there is no need for him. Just cut our loses, send him away, and try and replace him in the press box with a new player.
There are no losses to cut. At worst, he's insurance if a scoring line player goes down.

Also, if we replace him, it shouldn't be with a healthy scratch. The dude has a 2 million dollar cap-hit. For that 2 million we could get another top 9 forward easily. Sending him down now only limits our options for improving the team in the future. It's idiocy.

Sending down JVR FOR ONE GAME against the Ottawa freaking Senators is the right move. Period.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:16 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Look the guy can score.
Will he make the difference between winning and losing a series? Probably not but neither was carter (just saying). What if we lose a winger in the next 15 games. Who we gonna call up Testwuide? I imagine he has a wake up call since anybody could have claimed him at 500,000 bucks but passed. What is gonna happen in the offseason? i bet we see a different Z. Hopefully too, to shut up some armchair gms and professional scouts on here. Or maybe nothing will change. guess we'll see.
Just a thought, who here had the foresight to see what Leino would proceed to do in the playoffs.

flyersjamminontheone is online now   Reply With Quote