HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

All Trade Proposal/Rumours/FA Talk - TRADE DEADLINE VERSION

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2011, 05:24 PM
iLAICHjagrBOMBS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post
Really want to know???... I heard all the Hype about Tavares...I hardly ever got to see him in Oshawa..But when he got traded to London a lot of games were televised..I'd say about 10 on all stations...While looking to evaluate all why Tavares was going to be the number 1 pick I watched the Knights closely..Funny thing happened on the way to the draft...while watching the great Tavares he could not skate...could not move side to side. great stickhandler but would not get involed along the boards...shy'd away from contact..etc etc...But then I notice this kid number 91...Man can this kid skate, move side to side, stick handle like Gilbert Perrault, great on ice vision, skates through the whole team, great wrist shot, I thought wow...Tavares who can't do half the **** that Kadri does is rated ahead of him....I thought geez the Leafs would be very very lucky to draft this kid...I said it before the draft. Check it if you like! I would not trade Kadri. Leafs have not drafted a player like him since Darryl Sittler!
I'm with you, I love the way Kadri plays and wouldn't trade him either but just asking what put him ahead of Tavares for you...got my answer. Everyone is entitled to their opinion

Old
02-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...7#post31254807

continue here folks.

Old
02-26-2011, 05:31 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post
Really want to know???... I heard all the Hype about Tavares...I hardly ever got to see him in Oshawa..But when he got traded to London a lot of games were televised..I'd say about 10 on all stations...While looking to evaluate all why Tavares was going to be the number 1 pick I watched the Knights closely..Funny thing happened on the way to the draft...while watching the great Tavares he could not skate...could not move side to side. great stickhandler but would not get involed along the boards...shy'd away from contact..etc etc...But then I notice this kid number 91...Man can this kid skate, move side to side, stick handle like Gilbert Perrault, great on ice vision, skates through the whole team, great wrist shot, I thought wow...Tavares who can't do half the **** that Kadri does is rated ahead of him....I thought geez the Leafs would be very very lucky to draft this kid...I said it before the draft. Check it if you like! I would not trade Kadri. Leafs have not drafted a player like him since Darryl Sittler!
I dragged 2 friends to a Knights/Storm game to watch Tavares, and we all thought the same thing. It was amazing how much better he seemed then Tavares. But JT's skill with the puck in close is what makes him so dangerous. I always thought Hull was a similar talent. Knew where to be, and how to get the shot off.

Old
02-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Thread Full

On to the new thread we go.

Closed